Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003813 times)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:42:33 PM

When is PoS planned for?

^ethereum has always been a POS coin  Wink  lulz

Uh...no, Ethereum is definitely PoW, and has been since launch.

Latest blogs from Vitalik put Casper (PoS implementation) ~1 year away.

POS = piece of shit :-D

Nope

The Casper-POS is very special, it solves the crypto-currency problem of scalability of transaction numbers.

Consequently, it's going to have a good market effect, when implemented.

^vitalik made his money and split! ~ that fool don't even post here no more!..he's lost his troll!! :-D #go-ubq

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.  You think because he doesn't post in bitcointalk he isn't working in the project anymore? A simple google search will give you tons of recent activity lol. ugh... if you're an example of ubq community, I've just lost interest.  Cool

^vitalik is so shady he don't even post on here! Why this is where he ANN the coin before it forked! ==UBQ==has a good chance because the dev team is transparent ! :-D UBQShares are going to take over here UBQ is the new ETH! ~face it Wink

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:49:27 AM

When is PoS planned for?

Nope

The Casper-POS is very special, it solves the crypto-currency problem of scalability of transaction numbers.

^vitalik made his money and split! ~ that fool don't even post here no more!..he's lost his troll!! :-D #go-ubq

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.  You think because he doesn't post in bitcointalk he isn't working in the project anymore? A simple google search will give you tons of recent activity lol. ugh... if you're an example of ubq community, I've just lost interest.  Cool

^vitalik is so shady he don't even post on here! Why this is where he ANN the coin before it forked! ==UBQ==has a good chance because the dev team is transparent ! :-D UBQShares are going to take over here UBQ is the new ETH! ~face it Wink

lol sorry kid, but if you're really judging a project as large as Ethereum on the fact that Vitalik doesn't post on a forum thread (keep in mind Ethereum has it's own forums, like any major project will), well, I'm by no means motivated to listen to anything you might say.  Cool  You're literally shooting your reputation in the foot, along with UBQ.  Grin

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
gembitz

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:45:59 AM

When is PoS planned for?

Nope

lol sorry kid, but if you're really judging a project as large as Ethereum on the fact that Vitalik doesn't post on a forum thread (keep in mind Ethereum has it's own forums, like any major project will), well, I'm by no means motivated to listen to anything you might say.  Cool  You're literally shooting your reputation in the foot, along with UBQ.  Grin

^vitalik is in hiding !! if he had some great community spirit he's be here interacting with us! It's sad he cannot get off his high horse and do something receptive to the real bitcoin community...what a shame alienhead or fearless leader !!  Cheesy

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
coolxlaws

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:37:50 AM

good luck to pos
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:33:32 PM

All about Ethereum's Development and Business in Year 2017
Dedicated For Indonesian Community Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=143C7jeW31Y

gembitz

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:22:59 PM

All about Ethereum's Development and Business in Year 2017
Dedicated For Indonesian Community Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=143C7jeW31Y

^pleasecome check out the UBQ smart contracts Ethereum/ZCash colab it might help you guys connect the dots! :-D //^$2017 BTC!!!

Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:55:23 PM

A few weeks ago I was asking about ETH APIs... This is why I needed them for:

The first altcoin @ notification service! Find out instantly about any incoming/outgoing payment from your/someone else's address!
It is free and it will remain free:

https://addresswatcher.com/

Monitor up to 500 addresses, supported are Bitcoin, ETHEREUM, DASH, Litecoin and DOGE.
This is my small gift to ETH society; Let me know what do you think about the site! ;-)

Donations are not expected but sooo welcome ;-)
0x42e19334c4345bf837b64ce51f17ee89bc49a5ac
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:46:26 PM

When is PoS planned for?

Nope

^vitalik is in hiding !! if he had some great community spirit he's be here interacting with us! It's sad he cannot get off his high horse and do something receptive to the real bitcoin community...what a shame alienhead or fearless leader !!  Cheesy

Uh, no he's not.  You obviously just spread fud without doing any research.  Only about a week ago he was in Singapore giving the keynote speech on Metropolis and other upcoming developments.

I prefer project leads to actually be doing shit, instead of posting about doing it on public forums. Interested community members can easily find such things (you shouldn't depend on posts in some thread to get all your news).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6a_kC94U3c
https://www.meetup.com/Ethereum-Singapore/events/236848702/

gembitz

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:55:02 PM

When is PoS planned for?

Nope

Uh, no he's not.  You obviously just spread fud without doing any research.  Only about a week ago he was in Singapore giving the keynote speech on Metropolis and other upcoming developments.

I prefer project leads to actually be doing shit, instead of posting about doing it on public forums. Interested community members can easily find such things (you shouldn't depend on posts in some thread to get all your news).

^we are still trying to sort out the ETH/ETC move he pulled...

===> UBQ has a chance of getting it right from the get go !  It's just like ethereum just based in U.S.A. with legitimate trusted community.... ethereum is going to be no more ...ha :-D

IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 08:34:20 PM

When is PoS planned for?

Nope

===> UBQ has a chance of getting it right from the get go !  It's just like ethereum just based in U.S.A. with legitimate trusted community.... ethereum is going to be no more ...ha :-D

Excellent sidestep of the conversation. We'll have to agree to disagree. Don't get me wrong, I've been watching ubq for a while now.  Just haven't seen anything unique they've developed themselves yet. I still believe Eth [currently] has the strongest potential of all alts on the market. As a developer, I really enjoy looking at githubs of the projects I invest in. Eth has some extremely talented minds behind it. The market can keep doing whatever a free trade market will do. I'll keep making my decisions based on the quality of "product" being built.  And that's worked out really well for me so far Grin

gembitz

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 08:44:07 PM

When is PoS planned for?

Nope

Excellent sidestep of the conversation. We'll have to agree to disagree. Don't get me wrong, I've been watching ubq for a while now.  Just haven't seen anything unique they've developed themselves yet. I still believe Eth [currently] has the strongest potential of all alts on the market. As a developer, I really enjoy looking at githubs of the projects I invest in. Eth has some extremely talented minds behind it. The market can keep doing whatever a free trade market will do. I'll keep making my decisions based on the quality of "product" being built.  And that's worked out really well for me so far Grin

UBQ is going to put Ethereum to sleep ... Vitalik is already a made man(retired)

Cool

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 10:51:01 AM

I updated my valet yesterday and got this. Have no ideas what should I do. I logged last time 10 days ago. Now old wallet 0.8.8. give me same report.
dragonares

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:05:40 AM

I heard the rumor that Ethereum will be pos after 90 millions coins are mined, is it correct? Will ETC follow ETH like this turn into pos mechanism? Other ETC will keep pow?
klama98

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:55:18 AM

Hello,

I developed a web site that allows users to receive free email alerts when Ethereum price meet a certain price condition (based on kraken, e-btc and poloniex rates).

https://alerts-trading.com/

Price is monitored every 1 minute, 24/7. Service is provided free of charge. Hope it's usefull.
Comments are welcome. Have fun, and happy trading.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:22:49 PM

I developed a web site that allows users to receive free email alerts when Ethereum price meet a certain price condition (based on kraken, e-btc and poloniex rates).

Which ethereum, the classic ethereum or the forked ethereums?

BTW, when will be the next fork?
gembitz

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:04:58 PM

Which ethereum, the classic ethereum or the forked ethereums?

BTW, when will be the next fork?

~*~UBQ~*~ "the ethereum killer" market launching today!!  Kiss

===>

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-UBQ

dragonares

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:03:57 PM

I heard the rumor that Ethereum will be pos after 90 millions coins are mined, is it correct? Will ETC follow ETH like this turn into pos mechanism? Other ETC will keep pow?

Pos is a ponzi, etc will not pos

OK, eth will have POS, but ETC will have pow, but why you said pos is a ponzi? Definitely this accusation is incorrect. You obviously do not know about pos.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:43:43 AM

Pos is a ponzi, etc will not pos

OK, eth will have POS, but ETC will have pow, but why you said pos is a ponzi? Definitely this accusation is incorrect. You obviously do not know about pos.

AHAHAHAHAAA!!! That's what I told him. When we got down to it, he wasn't able to back up the scam claim in any way  Grin Cool

Beware, ethf is not fungible!

ETC will have limited supply. Ethf has unlimited token supply, unlimited forks, unlimited inflation and pos will be the final nail in the coffin. Vitaly is a criminal.

What is the problem of POS? inflation?

That plus it's the definition of a ponzi. The top holders will get free tokens for life at the expense of new entrants and then constantly dump on new investors.

I don't think you know what a ponzi scheme is, then.

From Wikipedia: A Ponzi scheme (/ˈpɒn.zi/; also a Ponzi game)[1] is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.

Given this actual definition of a ponzie scheme, how exactly is PoS implementation on a public blockchain a ponzi, and how does that make "Vitaly a criminal"?

Note: I'm not expecting bitpop to actually be able to answer this.  Rarely, in the face of rational and logical reasoning, has he been able to say anything that amounts to more than just fud.

is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.

Care to answer any of those questions I posed bitpop? Or all you can do is repeat what I said?

It's the definition of a ponzi, there are no questions. And vitaly owning a ponzi makes him a criminal.

Lol we quite definitively established that it's not the definition of a ponzi, by the fucking definition itself!  Cheesy You do speak English, right? I'll break it down for you:

• a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors: Vitalik is neither the operator, individual, nor organization who is paying returns to investors.
  • ...from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources.: PoS rewards are not issued from capital paid to the operators by the new investors.  These rewards are generated via the protocol, in exchange for miners processing transactions and minting new blocks.
  • Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.:  PoS implementation in no way solicits abnormally high short-term returns on investment.  Certainly no more than PoW does.  The currently expected numbers in the latest Muave paper from Vitalik prove this.

Maybe...you don't understand how PoS works?  Huh I mean, you know that the person with the highest stake doesn't always get to mine the next block, right?  IMO, the proposed Casper implementation is very creative and elegant solution to that particular problem (Block selection variants).  Cool

So,
Care to answer any of those questions I posed bitpop? Or all you can do is repeat what I said?
Grin Grin

bitpop spouts shit he doesn't understand, and then can't explain himself.

You're a worthy opponent

See:

More centralized

Not fungible

Mutable

Delusional community

Constant losses

brigabriela470

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:26:57 AM

https://i.gyazo.com/cd403340a69a0eceebc03532c4d8078b.png

I updated my valet yesterday and got this. Have no ideas what should I do. I logged last time 10 days ago. Now old wallet 0.8.8. give me same report.

thanks for sharing this update to us might be it will be fruit full for us...
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:30:03 AM

When is PoS planned for?

Nope

UBQ is going to put Ethereum to sleep ... Vitalik is already a made man(retired)

Cool
Yes, prices show this exactly.
Pages: « 1 ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: