Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:02:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ntek 1.2th/s miner?  (Read 27942 times)
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:12:49 PM

Obviously.
But what was the point of showing us that old board?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ukmining

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:00:32 PM

On Monday when I go to the bank safety deposit box to get more A1 chips to FedEx to the PCB assembly facility, I would be happy to ask the bank manager to take a photo with me holding Monday's edition of the Washington post next to the trays of chips...so that there is no question anymore about us having the first 2,500 chip order.

What happened to our photo of the chips?

Here is a recent photo of the nTek TH A1 Bitmine clone mining board with 10-chips

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0287/7008/files/2014-02-11_00.30.44_grande.jpg?330

And then regarding the same image you say:

Obviously nTek Computers does not want to show our latest designs to the forum just yet. This is an older PCB design that Ben is showing you. Please stand by to see our new design once we ship the miners. Will not be long...

This is starting to look like a massive scam I just hope that i'm wrong
ntekcomputers

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 05:23:21 PM

On Monday when I go to the bank safety deposit box to get more A1 chips to FedEx to the PCB assembly facility, I would be happy to ask the bank manager to take a photo with me holding Monday's edition of the Washington post next to the trays of chips...so that there is no question anymore about us having the first 2,500 chip order.

What happened to our photo of the chips?

Here is a recent photo of the nTek TH A1 Bitmine clone mining board with 10-chips

And then regarding the same image you say:

Obviously nTek Computers does not want to show our latest designs to the forum just yet. This is an older PCB design that Ben is showing you. Please stand by to see our new design once we ship the miners. Will not be long...

This is starting to look like a massive scam I just hope that i'm wrong

Yes you are wrong. Please just give us some time to present our latest designs. This is of course a very competitive space so we are not going to show the exact design of our miners until they are shipping.
ukmining

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:41:03 PM

Yes you are wrong. Please just give us some time to present our latest designs. This is of course a very competitive space so we are not going to show the exact design of our miners until they are shipping.

No one is asking to see your designs, you posted the board claiming it was your own which wasn't true.

You offered to take pictures of the chips you have ordered which never happened.

You promised dispatch date of 17th Feb which hasn't happened

If this isn't a scam then you need to provide some level of proof, a simple picture with your companies name and the ASIC chips would be enough
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 06:07:27 PM

No one is asking to see your designs, you posted the board claiming it was your own which wasn't true.

You offered to take pictures of the chips you have ordered which never happened.

If this isn't a scam then you need to provide some level of proof, a simple picture with your companies name and the ASIC chips would be enough

I understand your concern. Here are some photos: http://ntekcomputers.com/blogs/news

We do not have the A1 chips we ordered in our office right now because they were shipped to the PCB builder in California several days ago. You can view the photos I took of the A1 Coincraft ASIC chips and clearly see they are sitting on the same drafting table in my office with the green cutting mat with white grid lines when I took those photos. Hope this helps set some minds at ease. We also have our new office address posted to the website now and welcome anyone to stop by for a visit.
MegamikeX

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:18:28 AM

I understand your concern. Here are some photos: http://ntekcomputers.com/blogs/news

We do not have the A1 chips we ordered in our office right now because they were shipped to the PCB builder in California several days ago. You can view the photos I took of the A1 Coincraft ASIC chips and clearly see they are sitting on the same drafting table in my office with the green cutting mat with white grid lines when I took those photos. Hope this helps set some minds at ease. We also have our new office address posted to the website now and welcome anyone to stop by for a visit.

I think one of the ultimate points is that you advertise a 14-day lead time +3-4 days shipping time, and it's now been over 30 days before you claim you will begin shipment
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:16:55 AM

Calm down guys. They obviously are a bit too optimistic and need more time.
Anyone who has done PCB design, production, testing and sales know it is almost always taking more time than initially calculated.
It certainly is not a scam, I have visited nTek, so I know for sure.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 04:41:08 PM

Calm down guys. They obviously are a bit too optimistic and need more time.
Anyone who has done PCB design, production, testing and sales know it is almost always taking more time than initially calculated.
It certainly is not a scam, I have visited nTek, so I know for sure.

Yes, and anyone who would like to visit our office in Alexandria, Virginia is welcome to stop by. Just need to know ahead of time so I can make sure that I am there at the time of visit. ;-)
mdekerever

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:12:45 PM

For my case, i bought 1 ASIC miner 1.2 TH/s on the 23rd of January. I did not hear anything yet from ntek, but fair enough you are a bit late... No worries.
But living in Germany, I can't pass by your office... So could it be possible to have some expected delivery time for my machine ? Order is #1035.
Thank you !
Michel
twib2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Helperizer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:20:26 PM

Just realized, these guys are 2.4 miles from where I work.  It's a bit rich for my blood, though - seems like a lot for 1.2-1.6 TH/s.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
mdekerever

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:38:35 PM

@ twib2, can't you visit them one day to keep us informed of the state of the development of these very nice revolutionary machines !!!???!!
mdekerever

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:05:08 PM

I just got an email from nTek saying they got delayed by one week, and will start deliver mine next week !
Great news ! Will keep you posted once i receive my machine !
Ciao
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

?
great news?
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:32:17 PM

So if these guys deliver a 1TH miner before anyone else I am gonna be amazed.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
jayhammed

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:15:27 PM

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-3.html

At some point it's going to make sense to switch order to something like this - twice the hashing power at thousands of dollars less.  If you ordered this now, you would probably still come out ahead since you would:

1. Need to make up the cost difference
2. Be hashing twice as fast

1Th/s in March at $8000
2 Th/s in April at $6000

You would quickly make up for that month of not mining at 1 Th/s.
nairb131

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:30:13 PM

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-3.html

At some point it's going to make sense to switch order to something like this - twice the hashing power at thousands of dollars less.  If you ordered this now, you would probably still come out ahead since you would:

1. Need to make up the cost difference
2. Be hashing twice as fast

1Th/s in March at $8000
2 Th/s in April at $6000

You would quickly make up for that month of not mining at 1 Th/s.

The basic premise not is to not pre-order anything. As it stands right now blackarrow is already doing to be late of their first orders with no announced shipping date. This will most likely push back all other orders.
jayhammed

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:36:03 PM

How can you avoid pre-order?  I don't see anyone shipping literal 'in-stock' units.
apollojmr

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:41:16 PM

How can you avoid pre-order?  I don't see anyone shipping literal 'in-stock' units.

If you want a machine that does over 1th youre out of luck. If you are ok with putting many machines together you can get 1th on like 10 Antminers for example that ship out when you pay. It is not as cost effective but in order to get a 1th product now or a 2th later its all the same. Its the long part of the investment you need to look at. I know that it wont produce a ton later on but they will still produce coins after you get your money back.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:21:25 AM

If you are ok with putting many machines together you can get 1th on like 10 Antminers for example that ship out when you pay.

It only takes 5 antminers. It's by far the most cost effective miner.

Buy & Hold
apollojmr

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:26:56 AM

If you are ok with putting many machines together you can get 1th on like 10 Antminers for example that ship out when you pay.

It only takes 5 antminers. It's by far the most cost effective miner.

I am rockin an antminer and getting 200GH with ease. It is a very cost effective miner considering timing and availability. Just be careful which reseller you get it from as they tend to charge high prices.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: