Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ntek 1.2th/s miner?  (Read 27942 times)
Bartman1983

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:30:34 PM

I have had a number of conversations with Ry also in relation to the miners they are going to build and in my opinion the community may want to give the Ntek/RevUpRender a close once over and determine their depth in the rendering arena as a solid platform for their first move into BitCoin mining as a fabricator. Clearly they have deep roots in the rendering game https://www.revuprender.com/pages/case-studios and what this company and Ry bring to mining might be exactly what we need in this community a professional gravitas.

It is good this community roots out scams as quickly as possible and I agree that this is necessary given the bs we have seen passed off as legitimate companies that actually ship product. Time will tell if Ntek will deliver as promised but there is plenty I see here that gives me the sense that this team will produce miners based on their background in rendering. This is not an endorsement. This is merely my opinion based on the review of the information available and the communications I have had with Ry.

At this point let us see what Ben T. says about a unit review and let us see what NTek can show us in the coming weeks as they build their miners. I wish them luck and welcome what I suspect will be a definite positive addition to ASIC fabricators based in the USA as we all know we need more players in this market place that will deliver product on time with little or no bs.
Perfectly said

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:38:54 PM

Ntek claims to be a VA company. RevUP is a company registered in Rhode Island with a VA address.
Ntek, doesn't exist anywhere, it's not a company.  Just a website and a guy with a made up name. So if he has a company, RevUP,why do business under another name? I own a small consulting business, I can't register under company X and do business under company Y. There's alias' and subsidiaries, but they still have to be registered somewhere. So, I'd be curious if your invoice or receipt says nTek, or RevUP?  If it says nTek, I'd be a bit worried, as it's not a business entity, therefor, there's nothing to go back on if the deal go south.

THis is just my opinion, I don't think it's a complete scam, I think he's bought a bunch of chips. But making it all work under a reasonable amount of power and manageable heat and being reliable over the long haul? I think it's months off at best. By his own admission he's just having boards made, seems more concerned about design and logos than a working machine.  I think he's being a bit optimistic on if his idea can actually work. There's alot more to it than just stuffing 40 chips on a board and hoping for the best.

nTek Computers is more of a brand of RevUp Render. As an example, Disani is a brand of CocaCola: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani

We may make nTek into its own company later but for now our focus is on getting our TH miner out the door. Please just give us time to show our miners in live videos and reviews soon.

I ordered this on ebay on Jan 8th and I cancelled the order due to how fishy everything sounded as whole. I believed in what Ry was saying, but I felt as if he was being scammed from another person. I was told that within 14 days the product would arrive. I also said that once the item arrived that I would be interested in buying at the minimum 10 machines paid for on time of arrival and I would fly out to get them. I am not the savviest business guy but I do know that would be a good profitable deal at $8500 a copy. Now all I asked was that I received pictures as soon as ntek had received the one prototype or working model. I have since noticed that the entire picture of the miner has been changed and that the old miner was again listed on ebay from Romania. Now it is Jan 26th and there is still no evidence of proof of this miner. I am curious how many people are being taken on this? It is obviously a scam at this point. I hope that anyone with a credit card cancels the transaction before its too late. I was notified within a few days from ebay that the seller account was that of a known scammer and they took the account offline for a while. They managed to get back that account however somehow. The miner was called a "Cherry Piee 1 TH miner" at the time and now it has changed to ntek. I was contacted by another new member of ntek and was told they would get back with me as soon as they had the  1st miner in hand. If what I am saying is not true by any means please speak up and correct me ntek. I am just looking out for people as I was one of the lucky ones that got a refund from BFL because I used a credit card and I know the feeling of losing thousands of dollars to a greedy feeling. The whole purpose of this company was that it could provide a miner within 14 days that could mine at 1TH and actually have a return. It looks now though as we have another BFL on our hands? Anyone that would like proof of my Jan 8th purchase on ebay can PM me as I cannot figure out how to upload pics here.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
ntekcomputers

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 06:24:42 PM

Ntek claims to be a VA company. RevUP is a company registered in Rhode Island with a VA address.
Ntek, doesn't exist anywhere, it's not a company.  Just a website and a guy with a made up name. So if he has a company, RevUP,why do business under another name? I own a small consulting business, I can't register under company X and do business under company Y. There's alias' and subsidiaries, but they still have to be registered somewhere. So, I'd be curious if your invoice or receipt says nTek, or RevUP?  If it says nTek, I'd be a bit worried, as it's not a business entity, therefor, there's nothing to go back on if the deal go south.

THis is just my opinion, I don't think it's a complete scam, I think he's bought a bunch of chips. But making it all work under a reasonable amount of power and manageable heat and being reliable over the long haul? I think it's months off at best. By his own admission he's just having boards made, seems more concerned about design and logos than a working machine.  I think he's being a bit optimistic on if his idea can actually work. There's alot more to it than just stuffing 40 chips on a board and hoping for the best.

nTek Computers is more of a brand of RevUp Render. As an example, Disani is a brand of CocaCola: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani

We may make nTek into its own company later but for now our focus is on getting our TH miner out the door. Please just give us time to show our miners in live videos and reviews soon.

I ordered this on ebay on Jan 8th and I cancelled the order due to how fishy everything sounded as whole. I believed in what Ry was saying, but I felt as if he was being scammed from another person. I was told that within 14 days the product would arrive. I also said that once the item arrived that I would be interested in buying at the minimum 10 machines paid for on time of arrival and I would fly out to get them. I am not the savviest business guy but I do know that would be a good profitable deal at $8500 a copy. Now all I asked was that I received pictures as soon as ntek had received the one prototype or working model. I have since noticed that the entire picture of the miner has been changed and that the old miner was again listed on ebay from Romania. Now it is Jan 26th and there is still no evidence of proof of this miner. I am curious how many people are being taken on this? It is obviously a scam at this point. I hope that anyone with a credit card cancels the transaction before its too late. I was notified within a few days from ebay that the seller account was that of a known scammer and they took the account offline for a while. They managed to get back that account however somehow. The miner was called a "Cherry Piee 1 TH miner" at the time and now it has changed to ntek. I was contacted by another new member of ntek and was told they would get back with me as soon as they had the  1st miner in hand. If what I am saying is not true by any means please speak up and correct me ntek. I am just looking out for people as I was one of the lucky ones that got a refund from BFL because I used a credit card and I know the feeling of losing thousands of dollars to a greedy feeling. The whole purpose of this company was that it could provide a miner within 14 days that could mine at 1TH and actually have a return. It looks now though as we have another BFL on our hands? Anyone that would like proof of my Jan 8th purchase on ebay can PM me as I cannot figure out how to upload pics here.

Hello, I think you might be confusing us with someone else on eBay. There was some others copying our auction word for word and they seemed like scammers for sure. The part about our eBay account that you mentioned is not true at all. eBay did lock our account simply because they thought someone hacked into our account. This was not the case at all. eBay had detected that our account was logged into from a different computer. You would think that they would check the IP address though before doing that since it was a different computer on the same IP address. Regardless this issue was very quickly sorted out by a phone call to eBay and they apologized for emailing all buyers we were in contact with and saying that out account was hacked. They were supposed to send a follow up email to inform everyone that this was a mistake.

Also, I do not think that you actually paid for a miner from us. I am pretty sure you just bid on one and then we canceled the transaction for you before you paid because you felt uncomfortable with it. I know for sure that you had no trouble at all with this and we simply canceled it because you changed your mind before even paying. We have been very transparent and if anyone does not feel comfortable with the purchase then we told them either not to buy with right now or we gave them a refund. There has been two customer so far who changed their mind after paying and we issued them a full refund.

See previous comments because we will soon have some customers and one of the Sr. Members of the forum review the miners. Please wait until after that before making assumptions. This is a very real project and we do have a very large order of Coincraft A1 chips in with Bitmine. They are supposed to be express shipped to us tomorrow. The PCB's are ready for the chips to be installed at a major PCB facility in California. The explanation for the other stuff you said was because we were going to try to purchase a TH miner from someone in the UK who promised they could deliver and he was taking PayPal so we thought it was worth trying. In the meantime we were already working on building our own miner and when were able to confirm the delivery for the bulk orders of A1 Coincraft chips before the end of January then we switched completely to only selling our own miners.

Previously we were selling 55nm Avalon based miners from China but we decided to stop selling those because they are no longer a good value at 200Gh/s vs. the new TH miners. I can show pictures and videos of the 55nm Avalon miners since I still have one here as a test machine. Just to prove that we did have those for sale and they were real as well.

I need to focus on the building of the current TH miners as our only focus right now is getting them out the door.

apollojmr

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:30:52 PM

If you have the product tomorrow please call me because I am very interested in buying some. I'm not interested until you have them in hand. I hope that everything you're saying is absolutely true and if it is when you were going to have a wonderful company. I'm not trying to bash you at all I'm just trying to look out for people in the Bitcoin community. If you were able to provide one tear hash $8500 tomorrow I will be interested. Good luck. 

Skaterdiejosh

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 07:32:52 PM

Been watching this post didnt someone order pretty early on this post?? What is the date of the end of your 14 day waitin period Huh To claim to be able to ship 1 t/h miner with in 14 days is pretty hard to believe.. Anyone have a exact date that they should recieve one ?? Once one member gets a miner in hand there going to sale like crazy and maybe that's what Ntek is going for ..

Tips -  13q4b2Rq2dA579KShuC2LapSK8E94ZeAWy
https://coinbase.com/?r=5276ab
Bartman1983

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:14:08 PM

Been watching this post didnt someone order pretty early on this post?? What is the date of the end of your 14 day waitin period Huh To claim to be able to ship 1 t/h miner with in 14 days is pretty hard to believe.. Anyone have a exact date that they should recieve one ?? Once one member gets a miner in hand there going to sale like crazy and maybe that's what Ntek is going for ..

I ordered mine jan 22 so the 14 day mark would be February 3rd plus shipping. I am sure they are legit and as soon as I get mine I will be posting a review as sum of the other members that are reviewing this miner

If and when I get a tracking number I will even post that Smiley
apollojmr

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

I ordered mine jan 22 so the 14 day mark would be February 3rd plus shipping. I am sure they are legit and as soon as I get mine I will be posting a review as sum of the other members that are reviewing this miner

I ordered mine on Jan 8th...it is Jan 26th..there were 7 other orders at that time..so I am confused as to where they are..I am awaiting to see this product though.

AvalonMiner

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:21:11 PM

This looks pretty fake tbh. The website doesnt look like much time was spent on it. Dont risk it  :/
Bartman1983

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:33:28 PM

I ordered mine on Jan 8th...it is Jan 26th..there were 7 other orders at that time..so I am confused as to where they are..I am awaiting to see this product though.

My understanding is that the chips will be in tomorrow n boards will be assembled starting tomorrow. Then expressed ship to be placed in the case then shipped after bench test...
apollojmr

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:06:19 AM

I hope so!  I am awaiting the test..I want to order 10 of these asap if this is true.

jayhammed

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:38:53 PM

I pre-ordered this miner from ntek on Jan 9th and I believe I am one of the first to do so.  I will say, as other have mentioned, that Ry Bruscoe definitely seems to be a real person...I have spoken to him personally and exchanged a dozen or so emails since my order.  They always seem responsive.  I also did some homework, and Rev-Up Render (ntekcomputers parent co) appears to be a real company with established business in the GPU rendering arena.

If this was a scam, I would have to say it is one of the most elaborate I have seen.  But that doesn't mean it's not a scam.  I'm sure people have gone farther lengths for less money.  The reality may be that this is yet another company that sees bitcoin as a lucrative market but cannot deliver what they promise when they promise it.

I have yet to receive my order or an idea of when it may ship (now 17 days past payment clearing).  None of this is meant to bash the company or anything like that - I hope it is legit, since is rather be happily mining than trying to get my money back.  I'm just stating my experience with them is all.

I'll be the first to post here when (if?) I receive my miner.

Feel free to msg me if anyone wants more info.  I'm in the same boat as Bartman at this point, just a little deeper in the water...
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:03:17 AM

I have yet to receive my order or an idea of when it may ship (now 17 days past payment clearing). 

What payment method did you use?

Bartman1983

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

I have yet to receive my order or an idea of when it may ship (now 17 days past payment clearing). 

I used credit card
MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 01:18:45 AM

I used credit card

sock puppet fail?

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:32:40 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 01:14:56 AM by Gator-hex

I used credit card

sock puppet fail?

It should be credit card companies risk or any shops risk if they don't deliver to the card holder's address.

I'd be uneasy about sending Bitcoins to these guys are their domain registration is hidden and that's not a good sign normally.  Wink

Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:08:52 AM

domain register in november 2013.
site sell item noone ever buy. who pay $3000 for $800 pc they sell on site ? It just to fill white space around asic product
site is fake. why bother discuss ?

Bartman1983

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:04:46 AM

site sell item noone ever buy. who pay $3000 for $800 pc they sell on site ? It just to fill white space around asic product

We will see this week when the boards are printed with their logo and they start assembling. This by far is not fake. Yes website was just created but ntek is part of revuprender which has been around since 2005
apollojmr

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:10:01 AM

I am not sure where the chips went that we're supposed to be delivered today? Anyone hear any news? If not it's another case of string along BFL type stuff. It will soon become too late for some of these poor people to cancel credit card transactions and meanwhile in Bora Bora a guy is tan while sipping a nice drink:) I hope the best but it's not looking good. I was assured 14 days and not a day longer on Jan 8. Boy am I glad I trusted my gut feeling.

JudgeHearst

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:13:49 AM

Compared to what happened w/ the CTS Miner debacle, this group looks a lot more legit (not concluding either way).  Consider the following:

1. http://ucc.state.ri.us/CORP_DRIVE1/2013/0603/000000000/3571/201322153490_1.pdf

Of course, they probably should be registered in VA as a foreign entity - that's how we'd do it my state at least.

2. This may be the other corporate officer: http://www.lederbergblackman.com/biol.asp (good credentials for an attorney, notwithstanding the BU Law degree (I'm a BC Law guy)).

3. http://www.linkedin.com/groups/RevUp-Render-Inc-2962765?trk=groups_guest_item_list_abbreviated-h-dsc&goback=%2Egna_2962765

4. http://www.youtube.com/user/RevUpRender/videos

Clearly dealing w/ real people here.  That's a good start. Again, I'm not taking a position on the ultimate legitimacy - just sharing info.

ntekcomputers

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:17:50 AM

Yes the site is new.
nTek Computers is a new brand of RevUp Render, Inc. www.revuprender.com
RevUp Render does not really sound like a computer company as it is more cloud based computing. Thus the new product branding for nTek Computers.
You can check out RevUp Render all you want and you will see that we are very respected for high performance computing related to architecture, engineering, and VFX.
Not sure how you would know how much items we have sold through the website since this is not public information.
Just because a site was registered recently does not mean it is fake. ntekcomputers.com is based on the Shopify.com platform and Shopify does have a process for verifying merchants with social security numbers, EIN's etc...

We will soon be putting a permanent physical address on the website. However, we have previously working in advanced cloud computing for the last five years. The very nature of cloud computing is to be mobile. Right now we are working out logistics if we want to have a manufacturing facility in California or the east coast. There are a lot of factors to consider to ensure that we can provide a steady supply chain to customers. We want to make sure that we can end the whole pre-order thing. Right now we are selling custom systems just like if you order a custom Alienware system from Dell, it might take 2-3 weeks for delivery. In the near term we want to just have systems on hand and ready to ship within a day or two so this is why we do not list an address on the site right now. Figured it would look worse to put one address and switch it once we iron out the details of our long term manufacturing process.

Soon enough people will be getting our new TH ASIC miners in their hands and I understand that is the only kind of proof in this industry. I respect that many have been burned by other mining hardware companies so I am not going to try to convince anyone too much until we deliver the first systems.

In the meantime anyone can see that we are an established business. Feel free to check out some of the ground breaking things we have done in the visual-supercomputing world!
You can't really fake stuff like this:

http://gfxspeak.com/2011/06/07/revup-render-introduces-revupvcs-on-realityserver/

http://archive.hpcwire.com/hpccloud/2011-05-23/revup_render_introduces_the_first_cloud_system_for_architects_based_on_nvidia_realityserver.html

http://www.cgarchitect.com/2011/01/cgarchitect-report-on-autodesk-university-2010#revup

http://www.elegantworkflow.com/?p=318

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9652959.htm

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2012/07/alternatives-to-autodesks-cloud-rendering-service.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: