Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:16:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ntek 1.2th/s miner?  (Read 27942 times)
ntekcomputers

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:06:22 AM

Hi,

I called and left a message and emailed to info@ntekcomputers.com .  Please check your voice mail because I left a message two days ago.  You have to check your voicemail to hear my voice.
I requested my money back too.  Nobody returned my call.  I am also a 3 months faithful customer.  Please just return my money.  I am not charging you interest so be grateful.

If you are a customer then please simply email us or send a PM to let us know the name or email associated with the order. I wrote back to you several times this week but each time you refused to let me help you by not giving any kind of reference to your order. How do we know you are a really a customer?

This is not true at all. I have checked all voicemails and there was no message from you and no email. If you are really a customer then post your order number here so I can confirm if you are a customer. Otherwise please stop trolling for other mining hardware companies!
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:29:16 AM

I am very frustrated.  You don't even receive my email and voicemail?  I think your company needs a live person (not some voice generated message taker) to take the calls and check emails.  Contacting your company is like SETI finding aliens.  Anybody listening out there?  My order numbers are 1032 and 1047

Hi,

I called and left a message and emailed to info@ntekcomputers.com .  Please check your voice mail because I left a message two days ago.  You have to check your voicemail to hear my voice.
I requested my money back too.  Nobody returned my call.  I am also a 3 months faithful customer.  Please just return my money.  I am not charging you interest so be grateful.

If you are a customer then please simply email us or send a PM to let us know the name or email associated with the order. I wrote back to you several times this week but each time you refused to let me help you by not giving any kind of reference to your order. How do we know you are a really a customer?

This is not true at all. I have checked all voicemails and there was no message from you and no email. If you are really a customer then post your order number here so I can confirm if you are a customer. Otherwise please stop trolling for other mining hardware companies!

ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:54:27 PM

I am very frustrated.  You don't even receive my email and voicemail?  I think your company needs a live person (not some voice generated message taker) to take the calls and check emails.  Contacting your company is like SETI finding aliens.  Anybody listening out there?  My order numbers are 1032 and 1047

Hi,

I called and left a message and emailed to info@ntekcomputers.com .  Please check your voice mail because I left a message two days ago.  You have to check your voicemail to hear my voice.

gallery2000, okay thank you for providing your two order numbers. I am sending you an email now.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:02:58 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 09:00:30 PM by Gator-hex

Here is a photos of the original PCB design we shared in February:

Now here is the photos shown recently of the new PCB design:

You can clearly see the amount of work put into this project in such a short amount of time.

Will be posting more updates soon.

I can tell you one thing, if you want to have any chance of reaching that 1600GH (I think 1200GH will be a stretch) you'll need to plan for large heatsinks on both sides of those chips! I see the Chinese Dragon miners finally figured out it's a 30/70 chip package and broke their 25GH/chip barrier. Wink

gallery2000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:41:28 AM

Me too.  Go Ry!
I was able to get in touch with Ry Saturday and also able to get some updates on progress, but again no solid timeline was given.. The fact that I have been charged the full amount of $24,600, even though an ETA is STILL N/A constantly bothers me. I believe it is unfair and unconventional practice...  However, Ry did introduce his most recent solution to compensate early customers for their lost ROI. This is still just an idea, alleged currently in fabrication. I'm waiting on further details for now so we'll see.

If Ry can get the miners out very soon and distribute ROI compensation quickly, we can finally put this behind us and continue a positive business relationship with him. I'm trying to stay hopeful and will post updates along the way.

steve1000

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:18:06 PM

Me also hope Ry can come through
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:40:41 PM

I am so glad I didnt order this. I am now hashing away at 2.2 TH and I only spent $7800 for that..thanks to dragon miner in china:) Good luck guys! I hope you guys can recoup some of the lost coins.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
steve1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:07:44 AM

NO WORD ALL WEEK ANYBUDDY HEAR FROM RY OR DID HE DISAPPEAR?
apollojmr

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:15:11 AM

How's that 14 day order time going? That's a lie! You should remove that from the website. It tricks ppl into thinking they'll get a miner with 14 days. I'm ordering from 3000 miles away and getting 28nm technology in 2-3 days..why can't you provide it within 14 days? I am thinking that when the lawsuits come it's gonna be a battle. Sorry but this bitcoin world is not to keen on liars. I mean liar in the best sense of the word. You are blatantly lying on your website. You know it will take longer than 14 days because you have never, ever provided a 14 day turnaround on a 1 TH bitcoin miner!

Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:54:31 AM

So, the gist is they claim a 14 day wait on their site. No one who's ordered has received anything and some people had had issues getting refunds.

No one has been given a shipping date and if you had ordered from anyone else you'd have a miner by now. So this is either a scam or a poorly run operation.

Nice.
blackvoice

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:27:02 PM

I just got a pre-order for a Jupiter, but in the mean time I was looking at getting some new gear.

Has anybody heard our bought anything from ntek?

http://ntekcomputers.com/products/1ths-asic-bitcoin-miner-1000gh

They have a 1.2th/s machine for only $8500.

Any opinions.  I'm looking to get something that we can use until we get our KNC in.

Thanks.

the speed is amazing

the waiting time is also amazing
steve1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:59:48 AM

Another week gone by,not much happening
steve1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:21:27 AM

Not even an april fools joke?That must be a good sign?
ChickenJoe

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:54:58 AM

Has  anyone asked for and received a refund from nTek Computers?
gallery2000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:32:37 PM

I asked for a refund but have not heard back from them.  I think the council is on vacation or something.

Headstrong97

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:33:53 PM

I think everyone should purchase the cheap Chinese miners, because when those puppies burn out the difficulty level will drop tremendously.............
apollojmr

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:41:01 AM

I think everyone should purchase the cheap Chinese miners, because when those puppies burn out the difficulty level will drop tremendously.............

Haha! Right! Are you buying one of those super american made mythical Ntek miners?

Headstrong97

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:36:27 AM

Let me guess, your the owner of that Chinese made garbage?  Look through the threads, many customers of the NEW S2 ant miners are complaining of issues already regarding poor design and defects.  You'll also find complaints regarding faulty boards and poor components in the LKETC miners (aka DragonMiner).  Yes they are cheap and yes they are hashing away at this moment but I give each one of these miners a 2-3 month lifespan at the most.     
apollojmr

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:51:15 PM

Let me guess, your the owner of that Chinese made garbage?  Look through the threads, many customers of the NEW S2 ant miners are complaining of issues already regarding poor design and defects.  You'll also find complaints regarding faulty boards and poor components in the LKETC miners (aka DragonMiner).  Yes they are cheap and yes they are hashing away at this moment but I give each one of these miners a 2-3 month lifespan at the most.     

Let me guess you're not the owner of an all American made miner? I can tell you this..almost all of the first asic miners came from china over a year ago and they're still hashing away. Avalon, ASICminer, and almost all of the chips for most other mining companies come from china. I agree it would be nice to support our great USA, but I'm not sure there is a reliable miner producer here? As far as the maker of the the miner mentioned in this thread..well they haven't produced a miner yet for the orders and even when/if they do it'll be made with chips from some far off land. So I'm not sure what you have against Chinese miners, but for the money I can buy 3th compared to the 1 supposed TH here.

ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 06:26:56 PM

Copy of email sent to customers as an update on April 5, 2014

Hello,

First off please excuse me for not sending out an updated newsletter recently. We have been keeping very busy working to get the nTek miners ready as quickly as we can. I have been spending a lot of time doing my best to be as responsive as possible to any customers who directly contacted us with questions. However, I feel it is important to send out this group message to make sure anyone who has not been in contact will know the latest status.

We have really great news; this past week, through some colleagues in the supercomputing community we have been able to get the help of Troy Benjegerdes http://bitspjoule.org/troy/resume.html
Troy worked at Cray and IBM and was introduced to us as the best of the best at firmware related to processors. He even wrote the first Linux firmware for the PowerPC cpu from IBM. This last week while Troy was working with us we were able to find a design issue on the Hashing PCB. This means we can correct it still since the PCB's are in the process of production but luckily it was not too late to pause production at the factory just for a short time while Troy our team debug and then thoroughly test the optimization. The key part we learned from this is that we are confident that we will be able to push the A1 Coincraft ASICchips much further with more hashing power.

In combination with our unique patent pending heatsink and cooling design I am excited to see what the full production systems will be able to do!
All along the way since we started on this project we have strived to make sure we will ship a top quality product. We have had our fair share of delays but we are now very close to having our own 10-chip A1 ASIC hashing board design that after all this hard work and time will be well worth it. No one else on the market has a 10-chip A1 based design and even more importantly no one has spent the kind of time and effort required to properly cool the A1 chips.

Please see the attached photos showing the latest design of the Patent Pending nTek ASIC cooling heatsink assembly. In March we experimented with using 3M high quality thermal pad material but even that was not something we felt comfortable using to get the best performance. Instead we sent the heatsink assemblies across town to a metal plater for a high quality anodized finish. With this high quality aluminum and the anodized finish we experimented with several heating and cooling tests and found that having less barrier between the perfectly flat bottom of the PCB and the heatsink helps transfer the heat much better. The anodized finish is non-conductive as well which is very important to reduce EF interference or shorting with the board.

IMPORTANT: ROI Compensation Agreement:    LINK TO ROI AGREEMENT https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6KRhsHRUZToRURDaTNJbXo1Qm8/edit?usp=sharing
Please see the attached ROI agreement. I understand better than anyone how difficult these delays have been with the rise in the mining difficulty and the strange things that have happened in the Bitcoin industry so far this year. I want to make one thing perfectly clear; nTek has not been mining either and we had planned on keeping just a few extra miners ourselves from this first batch. There has been some confusion because the ROI agreement states that we will compensate customers from an nTek mining cloud. That mining cloud does not exist yet and will only be built from the next batch of miners. We are not a gigantic mining hardware company like KnC or BFL's and we are not going to build a pool that would in any way compete with customers mining themselves. That would just simply not be possible because the size of the Bitcoin mining network is way to large.

We are striving to go above and beyond other mining hardware companies and that is why we are giving the attached agreement with a plan to compensate you for the lost Bitcoin from the time you expected to get your miner(s). In fact you will be getting more Bitcoin in the end because we are covering the electricity cost in the mining used for this compensation. Please carefully read the agreement and do not hesitate to ask any questions if any of the terms are unclear. We are open to taking suggestions on how to refine the final version that will be distributed to all customers.
In addition if you did purchase a miner originally and already received a refund we are making a one time offer right now to be fair and allow you to take advantage of the ROI agreement if you would like to re-purchase the miner(s) you got refunded for already. The re-purchase will have to be at the same price you originally paid because the compensation for the Bitcoin from LMT (lost mining time) will be a more than fair option when you do the math. Let me know if you would like me to send the calculation based on the original date of your order.

Response to TH/s Miners Flooding Market from China:
Many people have asked or mentioned in the forum about why our prices are higher than the TH/s miners coming out of China that are using questionable A1 chips. We happened to come across some very interesting information while working with a reputable PCB manufacturer in China who does a lot of work for large American electronics companies. The cheap Chinese miners that have recently flooded the market are using very low quality refurbished parts. They almost certainly are using DC/DC converter components that are not genuine and will burn out after not that long. This could even cause the difficulty rate that jumped so much recently to drop when those cheap miners start burning out. We learned about how these cheap DC converter components over in China are refurbished with bad IC (integrated circuitry) because some vendors over there tried to sell us the same kind of parts for 1/5 the cost of the genuine parts. We made the decision to only use genuine Linear Technologies parts http://www.linear.com/ while the same kind of part is sold in China for much less for a reason. Even some name brand Graphics Cards (GPU's) on the market have been known to have DC converter parts burn out very quickly and it is safe to say they are also cutting corners and playing a numbers game. Those big GPU companies are happy if they sell 50,000 GPU's and only 1,000 of them burn out.

Asking ourselves WWSJD (What would Steve Jobs do?) we know companies like Apple would only buy top quality genuine parts. As the founder of RevUp Render, Inc. and nTek Computers I would be extremely happy if someday we could have a long term reputation similar at all to Apple. This is why we are asking right now, what is the right thing to do and what will people remember several years from now when they look back at what BFL's, KnC and these other companies. My hope is that they remember that we are doing the right thing for our early customers and not excepting to deliver a sub par product just to save money right now.

If it means we have to do something that some people have said I am crazy to offer to the early customers but it allows you to see that we are in fact different; then I am happy to present this ROI agreement to you. I hope it sets a new standard in the mining hardware industry later on.
Lastly, I know it is not right to say the miners will begin shipping next week once again because I said that last time. I honestly did think our board design was completely ready. We have been fortunate to get someone with the kind of experience that Troy Benjegerdes has on our team. The fact that we caught the PCB layout design changes that will take a short amount of time to fix now but save much more time later on. Hashing power is time and the more we can squeeze out of each A1 chip later on by having the PCB layout perfect simply means that Troy will be able to optimize the firmware for the A1 chips and push it further.

I know you all want to just know the exact shipping date now. Please give us until next week to continue to flesh out the bench testing so Troy and the rest of the team can figure out the best design change to improve the power flow across the board. Since we are working with the top of the line PCB factory in China and not the same kind of place over there that the cheap TH/s miners are coming out of, we are already ready to continue production. Things will move very fast once we confirm the design and I promise to give an update early next week and through the week as we get closer.

This is a long email update, but I missed the recent ones so I am packing a lot of information into this message. I greatly appreciate your time to read through our progress and updates and I am happy to answer any questions or concerns you have.
Sincerely,

Ry
---
nTek Computers

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: