Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ntek 1.2th/s miner?  (Read 27942 times)
Headstrong97

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:20:48 PM

Someone give me their email address so I can send them to someone, imagur website I can't figure it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:26:52 PM

Aw no way I left the camera lense cap on again, I'll try again next week
alabamaslamma

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:01:22 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 09:35:04 PM by alabamaslamma

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure and get back on here (after leaving a not-so-positive post last week) and let you all know that Ry and nTek/RevUp's 1.2TH Miner should be added to the list of reputable companies/machines. I phrase that comment carefully, because while I would gladly say the aforementioned, note I am not endorsing their company or products just yet, as this only fulfills the first half of the (nTek provided) agreement.

I would like to mention here that I do not work for, have stock in, or are in any other way affiliated with this company other than purchasing equipment from them, but I would like to say that nTek has offered a very transparent (and unique) ROI agreement with the group of investors that backed the company from the beginning (of which I am one), and that have stuck out the [grueling] six month period of setbacks and delays. I will not go too much further into detail because the agreement terms would limit that, but I will say that this company has offered something that NONE of the other companies in this industry have even considered - an agreement that makes total sense and compensates 100% of lost mining time with what would have been mined by the equipment purchased.

Now back to my original statement of non-endorsement - this compensation is yet to be realized, but I have no reason to believe that nTek will do anything other than [continue to] fulfill it's commitments. I mean after all, Ry has put himself and his parent company (RevUp Render), way too out in the open (home addresses, cell phone #'s, social accounts, etc.) to make a group of people within this community unhappy. That said, I would expect that after all commitments from nTek (in regards to ROI for LMT) have been fulfilled, I would then endorse their company and tell other Bitcoin (& alt coin) enthusiasts that may be interested in investing in their equipment, to do so. Until then, I would invest with them with the understanding that they are still working through satisfying their first batch of purchasers and it may be some time before receiving any equipment from them.

I have waited (very patiently) for over six months and [finally] received my miner on Tuesday, 07/22/14. After some struggle adding it to my pool (surely user error), I have been up and mining now for about 18 hours and am averaging about 1.3TH/s

Those who have received their miner from nTek are likely feeling about the same as I have explained here and I would tell those (from the first batch of purchasers), who have yet to receive their miner that it is likely on its way. I am glad to see there are a few others out there that did their homework before purchasing and felt confident buying from this company and making the decision to stick it out - I believe the ROI for LMT will prove this was a great investment and I for one, look forward to working with nTek in the near future to increase my mining capabilities.

Here is a current pic (taken today 07/24/14) of my nTek miner:

https://i.imgur.com/MNDY6Bp.jpg?1

Thanks and Happy Mining!

-BS
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 10:57:12 PM

Could be any generic A1 clone with that picture tbh.

alabamaslamma

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:25:30 PM

What do you mean by that? That nTek has copied a different miner? Or that I am a liar? Huh
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

That nTek has copied a different miner?
Yes. nTek's product looks like any other A1 clone floating around out there.
alabamaslamma

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:32:20 PM

That nTek has copied a different miner?
Yes. nTek's product looks like any other A1 clone floating around out there.

Thanks for the clarification. Please excuse my ignorance, but is that a good or bad thing (or neither)? It seems to be running very consistently at 1.3Th/s
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:41:03 PM

What do you mean by that? That nTek has copied a different miner? Or that I am a liar? Huh

That depends on how much you paid for it. nTek has simply purchased an existing miner worth about $1500, shipped it to you, and kept the rest of your payment ($7k?).

Buy & Hold
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:09:25 AM

This company might be legit but their pricing is borderline scammy. Have they forgot to update the prices since january?

Also have they shipped anything besides a generic a1 clone? Like that cube miner which AM supposedly copied?

Don't tell me that a render was as far as they got before attempting to patent someone else's idea as their own.
alabamaslamma

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:28:38 AM

That depends on how much you paid for it. nTek has simply purchased an existing miner worth about $1500, shipped it to you, and kept the rest of your payment ($7k?).

Interesting Syke, any idea specifically where would they be able to purchase a miner like this to re-sell?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:08:24 AM

Interesting Syke, any idea specifically where would they be able to purchase a miner like this to re-sell?

Search for any number of Dragon A1 miners. Like this one: http://www.bit-winkor.com/xproducts_view.aspx?id=6

Buy & Hold
alabamaslamma

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:22:00 AM

Search for any number of Dragon A1 miners. Like this one: http://www.bit-winkor.com/xproducts_view.aspx?id=6

Interesting, thanks.
ntekcomputers

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 03:05:16 AM

SPONDOOLIESTECH WORLDS BEST BITCOIN MINERS 1.4 TH/S ON EBAY FOR  $$$$$2000.00

Our current 1.2TH model miner that is available to ship from Alexandria, VA with 1-3 day FedEx ground shipping anywhere in the continental United States is a better deal by one buck 1.4TH/s $1999. We are going to start calling it the one buck chuck miner. For each new competitor that comes out with a product that is known to be stable, of good quality, and the same hashing specs; nTek Computers will price our miners that are of similar spec for one buck less:
http://ntekcomputers.com/blogs/news/13576373-ntek-computers-new-updates-april-11th

If any new orders are not delivered within 5 days or less than nTek Computers will pay the customer who ordered, the BTC each day after that should have been mined with the expected hash rate. [url](ROI Agreement)[/http://ntekcomputers.com/blogs/news/13576373-ntek-computers-new-updates-april-11th]

Our team is part of a reputable company that specializes in HPC computing. In 2013 RevUp Render www.revuprender.com started nTek Computers to sell hardware that we previously only used in our own cloud computing services.

For the last six months since nTek Computers became its own company, we have made every effort to do things different and bring the normal computer business to selling miners. As the founder of nTek Computers I must say that the Bitcoin industry has done nothing but try to stop us. There are some very shady characters here out there who will stop at nothing but to hold back innovation from this industry (bring on the shills / trolls). There are people with their own private farms hoarding most of the BTC now. Over the last 7 months we have been hacked, victimized by professional credit card scam artists, threatened, attacked, and much more; but we are still here.

All that really matters is what happens in the end in this situation. Most of our customers bailed out on us after we invested a lot of money into building a new kind of computer design. It is easy to see now that we took on the risk that others did not want or could not handle by accepting credit cards for orders. We came up with a compensation plan but the delays caused almost all of the original customers to go the refund route. Regardless we have pushed forward and delivered miners that meet every specification from the ntekcomputers.com product page for the 1.2TH/s A1 Coincraft based miner back in Q1 of 2014. There was a generic image of what our miner was to look like and we pretty close.

Miners have been delivered and the last ones will be delivered to the very few remaining customers. We are not going anywhere, we are here to stay so all you shills, trolls, and scammers can stop wasting your time. We have gained more battle scars than others have in this industry in just 6 months. We were bruised, beaten and found the willpower to get back up and keep on fighting for what we believe in. Designing and building amazing NEW products!

So the next question is not if we delivered on the orders that were still left that did not get refunded. The question is about the miners shown in the photos by our customers. Just to clear up confusion, YES those are miners made in China in the photos shown by two nTek Computers customers. How are those differently designed than the other A1 miners from China? Well, they are not but they do have some IMPORTANT KEY DIFFERENCES. The miners we are delivering are using a different DC/DC converter PCB component. This design is stable and it is also different in other ways. The standard "A1 clones" from China are now mostly using (32) A1 chips. Our miners shown are using (40) A1 chips in order to meet the specs on the product page in Q1 2014. It would be very difficult for us to just be reselling A1 clones simply because the A1 miners being sold directly from China are 1TH now. They are not 1.2TH.

Now to move onto the next topic. What happened to the unique nTek Computers "Patent Pending" cooling system and case? There is a very simple explanation for that. When most of our customers started to get refunds we had no choice but to stop the current developments and move towards delivering miners that "simply meet the specs." Sadly there is no better explanation than that and nTek Computers has decided to stop any speculation or accusations of scams any further here and now! Yes, what is being shown in the last couple of pages of this thread are similar to the other A1 miners from China. Yes they were made in China. However, these miners were in fact produced using those original A1 chips purchased from Bitmine for a huge amount of $$$BTCBTCBTC$$$ back in January. Yeah, we got totally F'ed on that deal!!!

The simple fact is that the very last nTek Computers 1.2TH (1st batch) miner was sold in the beginning of March. We legally could not disclose the designs for the special nTek chassis and cooling system that is under "Patent Pending" status until after the application was issued to the USTPO. The last sale in March occurred before the provisional patent application was filed. The laws with patents clearly make any prior public disclosure forbidden until after the filing date. Hope that makes clear sense to everyone but feel free to ask any questions. In simple terms, we delivered what was purchased. We did not show the new nTek designed chassis and cooling system until later. It also turned out that the 40 A1 chips do not provide enough heat to require a more advanced cooling system. We are still working to test (80) or more A1 chips inside our single 4U standard sized case.

nTek Computers has not given up...We have been working on some new designs using the base of the special chassis and cooling system and new ASIC's. It would be much easier for us to fold in and go back to only marketing to the HPC computing industries but we love BTC and mining. RevUp Render got involved with GPU clusters for HPC in the beginning in 2008 through confidential R+D even before they were known publicly as a company. GPU servers were not even well known as proven technology then. Mining on GPU's appeared a couple of years later to the masses. RevUp has been involved in mining themselves for a while to say the least. While nTek and RevUp have become separate companies legally for liability reason we still all work together in the same building.

Our plans going forward:
new product #1: nTek miner with our chassis and cooling system (TBA) we are doing R+D on new chips to make it competitive at a higher hash rate and price. Since we want to avoid getting more battle scars we will not depend on others who make promises to deliver on new technology (not naming any names) but rather only announce new products that we have in hand and can show live demos in personal visits to our office for those that request. "Bitcoin police force" you are welcome to visit us in Alexandria, VA and we can even show you some of the sites in DC. ;-)

new product #2: DIY miner system. Depending on feedback and interest we may release to the open source community. As of now though we plan to sell it as a DIY system with everything except the Hashing PCB's. Chassis, Fans, heatsinks, controller, PSU. Developers can start to contact us for orders right away and we will ship each new sample unit with their PCB mounting hole template. Bracket system is now adjustable with modular design. We want to establish standardized hole patterns similar to ATX, ATX-e but specific to Hash Unit PCB's. Please give us your feedback but I expect a lot of bitter people will tell us we should just melt down 1500 lbs of very application specific custom heatsinks and sell it for scrap. With all the money invested into CNC contracts and raw metal, that is not an option at this point. We can offer right now an amazingly configurable platform for DIY developers to build on top of. Think of the possibilities! Be creative and build your own miners! This is what revolutionized the PC gaming industry when the first custom game mod cases were released...

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”
trazzam

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:05:56 PM

So u have 1.2 th/s miners in hand ready to be shipped from Alexandria Va for under 2000.00 $ ??
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 04:25:07 PM

So u have 1.2 th/s miners in hand ready to be shipped from Alexandria Va for under 2000.00 $ ??

Yes we do! If someone wants to stop by and see them in person then we would really appreciate them verifying with everyone else so it can put doubts to rest. We can even show the other designs we have been working on.

The miners we have in hand right now are being sent out today and tomorrow to the last remaining orders for our first batch. At least 40 more units will be available soon. We stand behind our systems and offer a full support and RMA process.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:29:53 PM

Is it not more cost effective to purchase three S3 units ?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:31:17 PM

Now to move onto the next topic. What happened to the unique nTek Computers "Patent Pending" cooling system and case? There is a very simple explanation for that. When most of our customers started to get refunds we had no choice but to stop the current developments and move towards delivering miners that "simply meet the specs." Sadly there is no better explanation than that and nTek Computers has decided to stop any speculation or accusations of scams any further here and now! Yes, what is being shown in the last couple of pages of this thread are similar to the other A1 miners from China. Yes they were made in China. However, these miners were in fact produced using those original A1 chips purchased from Bitmine for a huge amount of $$$BTCBTCBTC$$$ back in January. Yeah, we got totally F'ed on that deal!!!

The simple fact is that the very last nTek Computers 1.2TH (1st batch) miner was sold in the beginning of March. We legally could not disclose the designs for the special nTek chassis and cooling system that is under "Patent Pending" status until after the application was issued to the USTPO. The last sale in March occurred before the provisional patent application was filed. The laws with patents clearly make any prior public disclosure forbidden until after the filing date. Hope that makes clear sense to everyone but feel free to ask any questions. In simple terms, we delivered what was purchased. We did not show the new nTek designed chassis and cooling system until later. It also turned out that the 40 A1 chips do not provide enough heat to require a more advanced cooling system. We are still working to test (80) or more A1 chips inside our single 4U standard sized case.

So basically what you're saying is that instead of developing/building your own miners, you spent all your time and money patenting an idea someone else had? An idea which was not even useful to your design? Are you sure you didn't drop the patent because you didn't own the idea?

Also $1.66/gh?? That is about twice as expensive as bitmain and way less efficient.
trazzam

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:35:38 PM

I hope for the customers sake that purchased the 1.2th/s several months ago for the price of  8500.00 or so, and still do not have their miners will be getting refunded in the difference ??
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 05:16:41 PM

Is it not more cost effective to purchase three S3 units ?

According to the S3 prices listed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0

(3X) QTY.  Bitmain S3 units will run you $1,873.5. Then you have to purchase power supplies and also you have shipping cost and time to wait for the units to be shipped from China.

We are currently only selling units that we have in stock in the United States. Lost days for a week of time to ship from mainland China should also be accounted for. We are a registered company based in Alexandria, Virginia. Just across the potomac river from Washington, D.C.    Come and visit us please! ;-)

ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 05:20:53 PM

I hope for the customers sake that purchased the 1.2th/s several months ago for the price of  8500.00 or so, and still do not have their miners will be getting refunded in the difference ??

trazzam, are you a shill or a troll with 3 posts (newbie) status? OK! We will explain it again in more once paragraph. We hope there is no more confusion! We are taking care of our customers. It is more than fair so please stop the shilling

http://ntekcomputers.com/blogs/news/13576373-ntek-computers-new-updates-april-11th
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: