Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:45:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ntek 1.2th/s miner?  (Read 27942 times)
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:20:22 AM

So did the chips come in today? If so is there any video or picture proof to be posted? Or was there a delay caused by the snow storm? It would be real nice to see some proof! It will boost sales tremendously!

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ntekcomputers

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:30:32 AM

I am not sure where the chips went that we're supposed to be delivered today? Anyone hear any news? If not it's another case of string along BFL type stuff. It will soon become too late for some of these poor people to cancel credit card transactions and meanwhile in Bora Bora a guy is tan while sipping a nice drink:) I hope the best but it's not looking good. I was assured 14 days and not a day longer on Jan 8. Boy am I glad I trusted my gut feeling.

Somehow someone misunderstood that Bitmine.ch had a scheduled delivery of the A1 Coincraft 28nm ASIC chips today. This was the first production batch of their new groundbreaking ASIC chips. We did not say that the chips would be delivered to the United States today. Good news is that I did confirm with the owner of Bitmine.ch that the chips were leaving Hong Kong today on schedule so we should have them very soon.

As many of you know this is very good news and the main reason nTek / RevUp Render decided to source the ASIC chips for our miners from Bitmine. They have a good reputation for delivering on time. Must be something to do with Swiss clocks! ;-)

Please understand that we are building these systems as quickly as possible. We all have been working 16+ hours every day to make sure we are crossing all our t's and dotting all of our i's.

The few people who ordered the TH miners first will be getting their's first. We are just about a week past the 14 days we expected originally just for those first few orders. Also, we originally sold those first systems on being 1000Gh/s and now are delivering at least 1200Gh/s and up to 1600Gh/s per miner with overclocking. The A1 chips are designed to be overclocked and we are using several very powerful delta fans to keep the chips nice and cool. There has been extra testing and validation work to ensure the chips will have a long lifespan at the higher hashing rates.

Feel free to post any questions for us here as an order support thread. RevUp Render (nTek) prides itself on excellent customer service. Please do not compare us to BFL....I think we have another 12 months of being late until that would be fair. Not one week of being late. Everything technically is on schedule. The A1 Coincraft chips have left and are in route. Hope that is good news for everyone!
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:33:27 AM

Domain Registration Private, check!
Website that looks like it was hacked together poorly by liberally stealing from another, check!
Huge price and no history, check!
No address, check!

So it's got the top 4 signs of being a scam. I'm not saying that it is a scam, but the likelihood is very high!
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:38:48 AM

Domain Registration Private, check!
Website that looks like it was hacked together poorly by liberally stealing from another, check!
Huge price and no history, check!
No address, check!

So it's got the top 4 signs of being a scam. I'm not saying that it is a scam, but the likelihood is very high!

Based on Shopify http://www.shopify.com/

One of the most advanced and trusted storefront web systems on the web. We have also verified our business through Shopify with an "Employer Identification Number". Also our credit card processing is through Authorize.net which is another trusted platform which requires merchants to be verified.

A website does not prove that we will have working 1200Gh/s miners in customers hands soon. We will! I am just stating facts though because the website is not "fake"
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:49:54 AM

Oh sweet, low-cost outsourced everything.

Cheap virtual hosting, outsourced cart software, outsourced credit processing.

And an ugly website, that anyone worth a damn could whip up in no time.
jayhammed

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:52:31 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 06:39:52 AM by jayhammed

Hard to believe I am the first one who could pull this - cached address.  Ry - if you are legit, why pull your address from the site?

RevUp Render
Xxxx
Alexandria VA. Xxxxx
Phone: (703) xxxxx
info@revuprender.com

EDITED:  In response to a direct request to do so, I have removed the address that was posted (despite the fact that it is public information that can be found with a simple web search).
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:02:26 AM

Proof will be in the pudding.

Everything else and this pretty innocuous back and forth in this thread means very little to those who have already paid. Given A1 / Bitmine's delivery schedule we will know in short order what is and isn't a scam in the A1 chip miner market. Reading the website like tea leaves for a scam is not the only factor. Putting your own name and reputation up like Ry has does speak more authenticity vs. fly by night operations littering bitcointalk including well established companies that take delays for customers as a badge of honor showing little or no remorse.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
jayhammed

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:13:19 AM

I have yet to receive my order or an idea of when it may ship (now 17 days past payment clearing). 

What payment method did you use?
I used credit card

Credit Card here as well - going to have to cancel order before 30 day mark I'm afraid, really don't want to have that fight with AMEX...
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:26:06 AM

I have yet to receive my order or an idea of when it may ship (now 17 days past payment clearing). 

What payment method did you use?
I used credit card

Credit Card here as well - going to have to cancel order before 30 day mark I'm afraid, really don't want to have that fight with AMEX...

We are not hear to make anyone feel uncomfortable with ordering. If you would like a refund then please just email info@ntekcomputers.com and I would be happy to give you a full refund. I have given one refund to someone before the 14-days simply because they changed their mind about buying.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:02:03 AM

nTek Computers is a new brand of RevUp Render, Inc. www.revuprender.com

"Copyright © 2014 nTek Computers"

How does a "brand" copyright something? I strongly suggest you stop implying nTek is a company and make it right. I don't think Virginia will approve of how you are doing business.

Buy & Hold
JudgeHearst

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:07:47 AM

nTek Computers is a new brand of RevUp Render, Inc. www.revuprender.com

"Copyright © 2014 nTek Computers"

How does a "brand" copyright something? I strongly suggest you stop implying nTek is a company and make it right. I don't think Virginia will approve of how you are doing business.

I bet that's a function of a website template. Also, it is possible for a company named X to do business as Y (i.e., a brand).  For example, "Dunkin' Donuts" is a brand name that lots of franchisees do business as. No big deal.

EDITED - poor sentence structure
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:11:11 AM

I bet that's a function of a website template. Also, it is possible for a company named X to do business as Y (i.e., a brand).  For example, "Dunkin' Donuts" is a brand name that lots of franchisees do business as. No big deal.

Yeah, and you need to officially register a DBA if you're going to do that. This is not optional.

Buy & Hold
JudgeHearst

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:36:11 AM

You're probably right RE: Virginia law. Technically, DBAs and trade names are supposed to be registered (at least in my state).  But, people don't register DBAs or trade names, especially small businesses, b/c they don't think about it, know about it, or lack the time and resources to do it. There's no DBA police roaming the streets looking to shut down deficient filers - talk about stifling free enterprise. In many situations, failure to register or file business org documents is harmless and can be remedied by simply filing the proper paperwork.  For example, in some situations, a business can even hold itself out as a corporation, not actually be registered as such, get sued, and then claim the corporate shield in the suit. Courts can be pretty forgiving. Anyway, I'm all for skepticism and calling out shady practices - I just don't think this raises many, if any, here (at least in my book).
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:42:34 AM

I would like to suggest to just wait and see.

We all know promises in the bitcoin world are hard to keep given the many factors that a manufacturer or assembler depends on.
And we all think that they should be careful with their promises, still they can't resist and it shows pride in their products(if they are for real).

I am just waiting for the review unit, till then I will just continue to enjoy live, enjoy bitcointalk and sleep like a baby ;-)

And when the unit is in, you'll all know about it!

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
JudgeHearst

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:47:22 AM

I would like to suggest to just wait and see.

We all know promises in the bitcoin world are hard to keep given the many factors that a manufacturer or assembler depends on.
And we all think that they should be careful with their promises, still they can't resist and it shows pride in their products(if they are for real).

I am just waiting for the review unit, till then I will just continue to enjoy live, enjoy bitcointalk and sleep like a baby ;-)

And when the unit is in, you'll all know about it!

Good plan.  Smiley
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:30:15 AM

If you are concerned this is a scam (I'm sure it isn't now). Just ring Bitmine and ask them if nTek ordered a shit load of their chips. Simple.

BINTEX