Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ntek 1.2th/s miner?  (Read 27942 times)
Bartman1983

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:08:59 PM

Amazes me how you can go to market with a chip you know nothing about.

NEW 1.2Th/s 28nm ASIC Bitcoin Miner (1,600Gh/s in Turbo Mode)

As nobody has been able to get more than about 30.5GH out of A1 turbo mode good luck with 40 chips doing 1600GH...

Internal 1000 watt PSU (draws about 700watts)

...and as it's 1Gh/1W in turbo mode those 40 chips doing 1220GH will draw 1220W!

From bitmine own website:

Technical specifications* of the CoinCraft A1 ASIC:

Developed on 28nm HPP process from Global Foundries
Custom IC package with power bars for low voltage, high current feeding
Configurable in daisy chain mode for distributed work with up to 253 ASICs.
Standard SPI interface
Hashing power of 25 GH/s in nominal and up to 40 GH/s in Turbo mode
Power usage of 0.35 W/GH in low power, 0.6 W/GH in nominal and 1 W/GH in Turbo mode
Supply voltage of 0.65V in low power, 0.765 V in nominal and 0.85 V in Turbo mode
Mass production available starting from the second week of December 2013

Check out the burned boards/chips trying to reach that theoretical 40GH they seem to be destroying them trying to pipe 40W through each chip.
Wink

Why bother maxing out a chip anyway there is no point. You lower the life span for one and for 2 wouldn't it just be easier to get another unit or even another couple boards if you wanted something quicker instead of trying to max out a chip constinatly.

i think overclocking is safe if your unit is in a nice chilled air conditioned environment ..

Very cold air or liquid cooling

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:26:39 AM

Amazes me how you can go to market with a chip you know nothing about.

NEW 1.2Th/s 28nm ASIC Bitcoin Miner (1,600Gh/s in Turbo Mode)

As nobody has been able to get more than about 30.5GH out of A1 turbo mode good luck with 40 chips doing 1600GH...

Internal 1000 watt PSU (draws about 700watts)

...and as it's 1Gh/1W in turbo mode those 40 chips doing 1220GH will draw 1220W!

From bitmine own website:

Technical specifications* of the CoinCraft A1 ASIC:

Developed on 28nm HPP process from Global Foundries
Custom IC package with power bars for low voltage, high current feeding
Configurable in daisy chain mode for distributed work with up to 253 ASICs.
Standard SPI interface
Hashing power of 25 GH/s in nominal and up to 40 GH/s in Turbo mode
Power usage of 0.35 W/GH in low power, 0.6 W/GH in nominal and 1 W/GH in Turbo mode
Supply voltage of 0.65V in low power, 0.765 V in nominal and 0.85 V in Turbo mode
Mass production available starting from the second week of December 2013

Check out the burned boards/chips trying to reach that theoretical 40GH they seem to be destroying them trying to pipe 40W through each chip.
Wink

Why bother maxing out a chip anyway there is no point. You lower the life span for one and for 2 wouldn't it just be easier to get another unit or even another couple boards if you wanted something quicker instead of trying to max out a chip constinatly.

i think overclocking is safe if your unit is in a nice chilled air conditioned environment ..

Very cold air or liquid cooling

Liquid nitrogen more like!  Wink

apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:53:15 PM

I bought one of these on ebay and called the guy to cancel. I was very hesitant because the story sounded fishy. Does anyone know if these actually turned up? I am very interested in seeing.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:49:41 PM

I don't think he has any yet. I believe he bought a bunch of ASIC chips and is attempting to put them together. But the entity nTek is a non-entity, even though he claims to be a subsidiary of RevUP in another state, but I still wouldn't say he's legit because the nTek entity doesn't exist, how can you do business under a name that doesn't exist, aka you can't.. It seems he's afflitated with this other company ReevUp in RI, but why not just sell under that name. I can only think of 1 or 2 reasons for that, neither of them are good. 
 I dunno. I believe him to a point, but the fact that he runs under a non-business is a major strike, the pictures are dark and obviously Photoshopped, but I believe he's said there isn't actually any product yet anyway, so those pics are expected to be a Photoshop. My gut says it's 1 or 2 guys who bought some chips and are attempting to assemble an enduser product, I think there's months of work ahead, how to manage heat, how close they can be, supply chain issues, the chips he bought he'll need 40 of them in 1 box to do 1.2Th/s, that's alot of engineering work to get that all to work right. Mabey it'll work out for him. I wouldn't be sending any BTC his way , mabey it's just me. He does say he'll take CC, that's a tick in the good column I guess.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

I had a talk with Ry of nTek computers and agreed with him that I will do an independent and honest review.
I have done a review of the Antminer before.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:22:44 PM

BenTuras, sneeuwt het op dit moment ook in Rotterdam?
Het sneeuwt hier in Groningen.

Bartman1983

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:07:23 PM

BenTuras, sneeuwt het op dit moment ook in Rotterdam?
Het sneeuwt hier in Groningen.

niemand geeft waar wordt sneeuwt! spraken over Bitcoin mijnwerkers niet het weer
Bartman1983

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:59:31 AM

I had a talk with Ry of nTek computers and agreed with him that I will do an independent and honest review.
I have done a review of the Antminer before.

Ntekcomputers.com and revuprender.com have the same address are located in the same place owned by the same person. Not different states
73blazer

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:29:52 AM

Ntek claims to be a VA company. RevUP is a company registered in Rhode Island with a VA address.
Ntek, doesn't exist anywhere, it's not a company.  Just a website and a guy with a made up name. So if he has a company, RevUP,why do business under another name? I own a small consulting business, I can't register under company X and do business under company Y. There's alias' and subsidiaries, but they still have to be registered somewhere. So, I'd be curious if your invoice or receipt says nTek, or RevUP?  If it says nTek, I'd be a bit worried, as it's not a business entity, therefor, there's nothing to go back on if the deal go south.

THis is just my opinion, I don't think it's a complete scam, I think he's bought a bunch of chips. But making it all work under a reasonable amount of power and manageable heat and being reliable over the long haul? I think it's months off at best. By his own admission he's just having boards made, seems more concerned about design and logos than a working machine.  I think he's being a bit optimistic on if his idea can actually work. There's alot more to it than just stuffing 40 chips on a board and hoping for the best.
Bartman1983

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:59:40 AM

Ntek claims to be a VA company. RevUP is a company registered in Rhode Island with a VA address.
Ntek, doesn't exist anywhere, it's not a company.  Just a website and a guy with a made up name. So if he has a company, RevUP,why do business under another name? I own a small consulting business, I can't register under company X and do business under company Y. There's alias' and subsidiaries, but they still have to be registered somewhere. So, I'd be curious if your invoice or receipt says nTek, or RevUP?  If it says nTek, I'd be a bit worried, as it's not a business entity, therefor, there's nothing to go back on if the deal go south.

THis is just my opinion, I don't think it's a complete scam, I think he's bought a bunch of chips. But making it all work under a reasonable amount of power and manageable heat and being reliable over the long haul? I think it's months off at best. By his own admission he's just having boards made, seems more concerned about design and logos than a working machine.  I think he's being a bit optimistic on if his idea can actually work. There's alot more to it than just stuffing 40 chips on a board and hoping for the best.

The invoice says nTeK but the transaction via credit card (on statement as charge) and email receipt say Revuprender

Also by another previous email they have been testing  prototypes for the last month or so. The board are manufactured in California which was confirmed and according to that company they can print 20,000 boards in 1-2 days and then assemble so again not to far off.

His idea was strictly to create and on demand assembly line. Such as you order a unit. It's submitted they order a certain amount of boards to be made they get sent over night to assemble in case and test it then shipped.  In sort terms
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:04:29 AM

Am I the only person that cringes when someone says "only $8,500"?

Clearly I'm in the wrong line of work...
Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:18:10 AM

The invoice says nTeK but the transaction via credit card (on statement as charge) and email receipt say Revuprender

Also by another previous email they have been testing  prototypes for the last month or so. The board are manufactured in California which was confirmed and according to that company they can print 20,000 boards in 1-2 days and then assemble so again not to far off.

His idea was strictly to create and on demand assembly line. Such as you order a unit. It's submitted they order a certain amount of boards to be made they get sent over night to assemble in case and test it then shipped.  In sort terms

You don't mind to show those emails with your personal info removed.

73blazer

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:31:14 AM

Well, I'm not trying to badmouth anyone, just seems like on it's face,  a bit of a stretch. Considering $8500 is involved and there's alot of people getting burned in this space on one thing or another, that's a big stretch. Honestly, I do hope it's real and it works as advertised.

Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:46:11 AM

Screenshot of your order with your info removed.
Is that possible?

Bartman1983

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:55:28 AM

Is that possible?

I am on my phone this will have to do

www.dropbox.com/s/7j7hwlqqj48alb1/Photo%20Jan%2025%2C%2010%2053%2016%20PM.png
ntekcomputers

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 04:54:51 AM

nTek Computers is more of a brand of RevUp Render. As an example, Disani is a brand of CocaCola: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani

We may make nTek into its own company later but for now our focus is on getting our TH miner out the door. Please just give us time to show our miners in live videos and reviews soon.
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:23:03 AM

Is that possible?

I am on my phone this will have to do

www.dropbox.com/s/7j7hwlqqj48alb1/Photo%20Jan%2025%2C%2010%2053%2016%20PM.png

You need to charge that iPhone dude.
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:55:12 AM

Someone who is BTC rich, Should buy one to confirm. If they can show proof here and have a support thread like any other mining gear company, Then they should be considered some what legit.
Bartman1983

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

Someone who is BTC rich, Should buy one to confirm. If they can show proof here and have a support thread like any other mining gear company, Then they should be considered some what legit.

I did buy one look at the link above ur post I am waiting for mine to be made and shipped. I asked everyone to be patient and as soon as I get mine I will have videos and everything.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:07:24 AM

I have had a number of conversations with Ry also in relation to the miners they are going to build and in my opinion the community may want to give the Ntek/RevUpRender a close once over and determine their depth in the rendering arena as a solid platform for their first move into BitCoin mining as a fabricator. Clearly they have deep roots in the rendering game https://www.revuprender.com/pages/case-studios and what this company and Ry bring to mining might be exactly what we need in this community a professional gravitas.

It is good this community roots out scams as quickly as possible and I agree that this is necessary given the bs we have seen passed off as legitimate companies that actually ship product. Time will tell if Ntek will deliver as promised but there is plenty I see here that gives me the sense that this team will produce miners based on their background in rendering. This is not an endorsement. This is merely my opinion based on the review of the information available and the communications I have had with Ry.

At this point let us see what Ben T. says about a unit review and let us see what NTek can show us in the coming weeks as they build their miners. I wish them luck and welcome what I suspect will be a definite positive addition to ASIC fabricators based in the USA as we all know we need more players in this market place that will deliver product on time with little or no bs.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: