Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW POOL & MINER] - BitcoinPool.com - Jump In! ~NO FEES~ :)  (Read 101909 times)
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2011, 12:45:17 PM

1) How many people really want to be able to increase their payment threshold, and why?
Big number of small free transactions is not optimal for bitcoin network, they may be delayed if you get more users and more frequent blocks.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 12:48:13 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2011, 01:14:04 PM by bobR

is -workrefreshms=xxxx the same as askrate ?
fairuser demands an ask rate of 10 sec to use his pool but refuses to answer what he's talking about

Use the following command to connect and run on bitcoinpool.com:
Code:
rpcminer-cpu.exe -url=http://bitcoinpool.com:8334 -user=USERNAME -password=PASSWORD -workrefreshms=20000

Replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your own credentials.

Why was that so hard to say Huh
You might want to say that in your FAQ's

[edit]
Oh I see that the How to now says that
too bad it didn't when I was getting abused for asking

martok

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 03:29:15 PM

Hello,

I have appreciated the interesting technical discussion on this thread. Although I am not informed enough to really say whether this whole getwork rate really makes a difference in terms of BTCs found, I suppose that will iron itself out eventually. I would however like to thank FairUser and Geebus for providing an excellent service to the community. I try to operate rationally and as such will go with whatever solution has the greatest payout with the least overhead. For the present, that appears to be this pool. So cheers lads.
nightskywalker

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 03:34:30 PM

I wanted to get some feedback from any of our users on a few topics that FairUser and I were discussing...

1) How many people really want to be able to increase their payment threshold, and why?

2) Do you know/care about long polling, or are you comfortable using our miner with local bitcoind block checking?

Also, I made the following site/pool changes:
  • Added CAPTCHA to new user signup to prevent spammers
  • Set round duration to count in real-time
  • Set Ghash/s to update every 10s without page refresh
  • Performed some more database optimizations to speed up processing on the back-end
  • Optimized some functions that were causing excess and unneeded CPU stress on bitcoind

Aside from that, keep up the good work! I know we're experiencing a longer-than-average round right now, but hopefully we'll solve one soon...

IMHO:
1) I don't care to set the threshold. I believe having it set at 0.01 BTC by the system is good enough.

2) I believe that the technique you are using will work well. It would be nice if the miner issued a message indicated that it had requested new work due to the current work going stale similar to the share accepted messages. It may already do that, I have not been running it long enough to tell.

Thanks again for all the work in setting up, improving, and running the pool. I am running a NVidia GT 240 (20 MHash/s). My earnings don't justify the cost of the electricity. It has been fun and educational reading the posts here and watching how bitcoin is developing.

Nightskywalker
martok

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 04:35:12 PM

Definitely don't care about threshold.

I think if long-polling vs local checking are equal in terms of client output, why not go with lp. It maintains compatibility with upstream source and other pools.
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 05:11:52 PM

The operators of BitcoinPool actively DON'T want your client software to be compatible with other pools. They've recently changed it so that their miner doesn't run if it isn't connecting to BitcoinPool.com.

In my opinion, it makes them look like children who don't want to share, and personally I'd never do business with them.
bobR

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 06:35:40 PM

The operators of BitcoinPool actively DON'T want your client software to be compatible with other pools. They've recently changed it so that their miner doesn't run if it isn't connecting to BitcoinPool.com.

In my opinion, it makes them look like children who don't want to share, and personally I'd never do business with them.

not to mention their "HELP" and attitude to questions
They demand you do such and such
but explain WTF they mean
basically your told to pound salt and called a TROLL

FairUser (OP)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 10:49:29 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2011, 11:19:45 PM by FairUser

NO, we just block Slush's pool.  Deepbit.net or any other pool it works fine with our modified miner.
Slush likes his getwork request once per second, which is inefficient.  Not to mention he gave us a lot of crap over this, so I see no reason for him to get the benefits of this.  Whether you use our miner or m0mchill's original poclbm, you will get the same number of shares submitted.  Ours is just more efficient about it.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
hacim

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 11:06:50 PM

Alright, I've been running on this pool for over 24 hours now, using an unmodified m0n miner. It seems like my estimated earnings are about 1.3btc, which is quite low compared to what I would get on slush's pool and what I would expect with a 5870 (approximately 4btc/day right now).

I know that the modified miner only helps the pool server, and not me, but is the low payout because there are not enough people in the pool yet, or did I miss something in the flame fest?

15yns1RVpBHZ8uj8mGVUJVCyPh5ieW3FQx
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 11:17:08 PM

Nope, we just block Slush's pool.  Deepbit.net or any other pool it works fine with.
Slush likes his getwork request once per second.

Alright, if that's true then I admit I was wrong.

Still, why block his pool specifically? Seems rather unnecessary.
geebus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2011, 11:20:28 PM

Actually, we made it so that it doesn't work when connecting to Slush's pool. Any other pool is fine. We posted about it. You should read before you post.

not to mention their "HELP" and attitude to questions
They demand you do such and such
but explain WTF they mean
basically your told to pound salt and called a TROLL

I had to go to another thread to even figure out what you were talking about. You have such a weak grasp of the english language that it physically causes me pain to read what you post. You have no concept of the use of punctuation, and never once used a question mark, therefore I can very strongly state that you never once asked a question. You did however, come into our thread pissed off and yelling at us because you don't understand how things work, and didn't get a reply to your question in high-priority fashion.

There are readme files related to every single miner and how they work. I encourage you to RTFM.

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
geebus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2011, 11:25:58 PM

Alright, I've been running on this pool for over 24 hours now, using an unmodified m0n miner. It seems like my estimated earnings are about 1.3btc, which is quite low compared to what I would get on slush's pool and what I would expect with a 5870 (approximately 4btc/day right now).

I know that the modified miner only helps the pool server, and not me, but is the low payout because there are not enough people in the pool yet, or did I miss something in the flame fest?

As we're a new pool, with less users, we are currently solving blocks at a slower rate than other pools, which will cause your overall payout to be lower for the time being.

As far as our miner is concerned, it works two fold.

1) It decreases load on the server by not asking for work as often, which benefits the server.

2) It queries your local bitcoind for block changes to prevent you from working on stale work, which benefits you AND the server.

We recommend you update to our latest version and read this post about how to configure it properly to check against your local bitcoind.

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 11:34:36 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2011, 11:48:07 PM by jgarzik

1) It decreases load on the server by not asking for work as often, which benefits the server.

Seems like it would be better for the entire community, if you simply worked with other pool servers to accomplish the same goal.

If you support long polling, then the default upstream poclbm (m0mchil's) -- and soon, every other miner -- will only ask for work once every ~60 seconds.

Community standards like this benefit everyone.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
FairUser (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 11:45:29 PM

We are currently working on the web server.  If the web page goes offline for a few minutes, don't worry, it will be back.
You're miners should be able to keep mining though.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
hacim

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 11:48:57 PM

As we're a new pool, with less users, we are currently solving blocks at a slower rate than other pools, which will cause your overall payout to be lower for the time being.

Thanks, is there a projected point where payout will equal what is expected for mining solo? At this point it seems 1/4 of what difficulty is.

We recommend you update to our latest version and read this post about how to configure it properly to check against your local bitcoind.

I'll do this, but it looks like the server is down right now, so I'll wait for that.

FairUser (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 11:54:26 PM

Seems like it would be better for the entire community, if you simply worked with other pool servers to accomplish the same goal.

If you support long polling, then the default upstream poclbm (m0mchil's) -- and soon, every other miner -- will only ask for work once every ~60 seconds.

Community standards like this benefit everyone.

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.  I'm taking the definition of long polling from deepbit.net's page.

Long polling protocol description

1) Miner initiates connection to the mining pool just as usual, requests getwork and starts working on it.

2) If mining pool does supports Long Polling, it should include a special header:
X-Long-Polling: /long-polling-url
where /long-polling-url is a path for long polling connection.

3) Miner starts a request to long polling URL with GET method and basic authorization (the same as on main connection).
This request is not answered by server until new block is found by bitcoin network. The answer is the same as getwork on the main connection. Upon receiving this answer, miner should drop current calculation in progress, discard it's result, start working on received data and make a new request to a long polling URL.

4) If all the nonce space is exhausted during calculation or 60 seconds passed since receiving the data, the miner should request new one by means of main connection. 60 seconds limit is set to allow adding new transactions into the block.

Would this be an accurate description? If so, I'm not sure exactly when we will be implementing it.  Probably soon though for compatibility with other clients. In the mean time, people could use our modified miner and have it check against their local bitcoind or "bitcoin -server" for GUI's, and it would accomplish the same effect.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
FairUser (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 12:12:04 AM

The Web server is back online now.

We are currently working on the web server.  If the web page goes offline for a few minutes, don't worry, it will be back.
You're miners should be able to keep mining though.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
FairUser (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 12:36:43 AM

Here is an example output from the updated client.

03/14/2011 17:28:28, d68204e5, accepted at 84% of getwork[79]
03/14/2011 17:28:29, 34cf459f, accepted at 92% of getwork[79]
03/14/2011 17:30:15, Block has changed. Getting new work...
03/14/2011 17:31:06, 410b5070, accepted at 4% of getwork[86]

The new miner checks your local bitcoin instance for the block change.  
When the block change is detected, it will ask the server for a new getwork.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 12:51:38 AM

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.  I'm taking the definition of long polling from deepbit.net's page.
[...]
Would this be an accurate description? If so, I'm not sure exactly when we will be implementing it.

Yes.  It will permit miners (CPU miners, in particular) to get cut their number of HTTP connections and ask rate quite dramatically.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
hacim

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 01:03:41 AM

The Web server is back online now.

I'm getting: Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC

I also don't seem able to traceroute to the server, although I can load the web page

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: