Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW POOL & MINER] - BitcoinPool.com - Jump In! ~NO FEES~ :)  (Read 101909 times)
FairUser (OP)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 01:40:10 AM

The Web server is back online now.

I'm getting: Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC

I also don't seem able to traceroute to the server, although I can load the web page

That's odd.  I checked my remote miner and it's able to communicate with the server. 
What's the full command line your running? (Filter your username and password of course Smiley

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thndr

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 01:44:31 AM

Just getting into BitCoin today, and was wondering a few things

Running BitCoin solo VS BitcoinPool, what are the benefits?
How do I get the BitcoinPool client to accept shares and start mining? (The instructions are all over the place and confusing, either that I am missing something vital)

◈◈   SOCIALMEDIA.MARKET   ◈◈   BLOCKCHAIN BASED Influencer Marketing Platform
ANN Thread   WhitePaper   Facebook   Telegram   Twitter
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰   TOKEN SALE : 09 February - 16 March   ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
hacim

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 01:50:44 AM

The Web server is back online now.

I'm getting: Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC

I also don't seem able to traceroute to the server, although I can load the web page

That's odd.  I checked my remote miner and it's able to communicate with the server. 
What's the full command line your running? (Filter your username and password of course Smiley

Its working now, must have been some network issue between me and you.

15yns1RVpBHZ8uj8mGVUJVCyPh5ieW3FQx
FairUser (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 01:57:33 AM

Its working now, must have been some network issue between me and you.

Glad to hear it is working now.  Thank you for reporting the issue initially. Smiley

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
geebus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2011, 02:02:09 AM

How do I get the BitcoinPool client to accept shares and start mining? (The instructions are all over the place and confusing, either that I am missing something vital)

Benefits are that pools solve blocks much faster than solo mining because of the combined effort to solve.
Solo mining yields higher reward per block solve however. So, it's something to weigh the pros and cons on.

To get started mining, please see http://bitcoinpool.com/howto.php

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
Thndr

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 02:20:53 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2011, 03:30:25 AM by Thndr

Benefits are that pools solve blocks much faster than solo mining because of the combined effort to solve.
Solo mining yields higher reward per block solve however. So, it's something to weigh the pros and cons on.

To get started mining, please see http://bitcoinpool.com/howto.php
Huh, I follow the howto using the GUI version and I still don't get any accepted shares. Nothing even shows in the Console Tab. I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: ok expanding the window shows it logging in, but I don't get anything else other than it running poclbm and start/stopping
Edit2: The user profile page doesn't even say I've logged in.
http://www.bitcoinpool.com/user.php?u=Thndr

Made it an hour an a half ago, last seen at the same time.

Edit3: Tried the commandline only one, and it shows stuff getting done no problem. I copy and pasted the run command from the GUI console into the Commandline Shortcut/Bat file and logged in just fine. There's something wrong with the modified GUI version from your site.

◈◈   SOCIALMEDIA.MARKET   ◈◈   BLOCKCHAIN BASED Influencer Marketing Platform
ANN Thread   WhitePaper   Facebook   Telegram   Twitter
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰   TOKEN SALE : 09 February - 16 March   ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
h00ters

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 02:34:26 AM

Good job Geebus and FairUser, Keep up the great work.  Cheesy Cool

Running latest client now.  Cool
hacim

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 03:59:22 AM

Is there a projected point where payout will equal what is expected for mining solo, is that a particular hash/sec rate? At this point it seems 1/4 of what difficulty is (and what one can get on slush's pool, even with the 2% fee)

15yns1RVpBHZ8uj8mGVUJVCyPh5ieW3FQx
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2011, 04:37:15 AM

Is there a projected point where payout will equal what is expected for mining solo, is that a particular hash/sec rate? At this point it seems 1/4 of what difficulty is (and what one can get on slush's pool, even with the 2% fee)

Slush bases his pool speed off of the speed of getwork requests being made (as far as I can tell) and we base ours off of the speed of shares being submitted, so it's difficult to say exactly when we would be "equal" to the speed of slush's pool.

Our pool has been open to the public for ~6 days now, so I imagine it will be awhile before we can get up to a comparable speed, but no amount of wizardry, rune reading or asking my crystal ball will tell me for sure.  Wink

Stick with it, and it will get better.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 04:50:13 AM

Slush bases his pool speed off of the speed of getwork requests being made (as far as I can tell)

I'm not so sure.

The consensus on IRC was that pool performance is measured by submitted solutions, and I've never seen slush contradict this.

Do you have some evidence / numbers / URLs?

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2011, 05:39:58 AM

Slush bases his pool speed off of the speed of getwork requests being made (as far as I can tell)

I'm not so sure.

The consensus on IRC was that pool performance is measured by submitted solutions, and I've never seen slush contradict this.

Do you have some evidence / numbers / URLs?

To be honest, I haven't looked in quite some time (a month or so) but I know that at one point, I was testing a client that ended up spamming a large number of getworks to his server for a few seconds, and I noticed the pool speed dramatically increase at the same time. It could have been purely coincidental, which is why I said, "as far as I know".

FairUser (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 08:11:22 AM

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the miner's who have stuck it out in our pool. 

THANK YOU

I know this round has been over 3 days now, and we don't have the amount of users that other pools do.  The network difficulty went up recently, and that's not helping our cause any, hence why it is taking longer for us to find a block.

If you haven't updated your miner to the newest version, you should do so.  It can check against your local bitcoin instance for when the block count goes up.  When this is detected, the miner drops the work it's doing and gets new work from the server.  This helps you and the server by making sure we're working on the most current block.

Thank you for your patience; we do appreciate it.  Fingers crossed that we get a block soon.  And please update your miners, it will help. Smiley

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2011, 09:57:32 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2011, 12:19:22 PM by slush

To be honest, I haven't looked in quite some time (a month or so) but I know that at one point, I was testing a client that ended up spamming a large number of getworks to his server for a few seconds, and I noticed the pool speed dramatically increase at the same time. It could have been purely coincidental, which is why I said, "as far as I know".

My pool calculate hashspeed from submitted shares, not from requested getworks, of course.

Your reverse engineering failed. I publishly noted that there were bugs in getwork/s and hashrate/s meters. To explain that: I'm writing operational stats to database in sligly delayed fashion, so stats are queueing and then processed in batch (the delay is ~5 sec, so nothing dramatical). The bug was caused by race condition in writing actual stats queue to database, so in case of server overloading, more threads processed the same database write and the info about actually processed shares doubled/trippled/quadrupled. This affected only stats page, no calculating shares/score for users.

So when you overloaded the pool (thank you), you triggered this bug. It was fixed few days ago.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2011, 10:07:52 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2011, 04:59:13 PM by slush

Btw insider look and friendly advice:

Please fix algorithm on your homepage for calculating hashspeed. The constructs like

Code:
mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT user FROM shares"))

when you have round with hundreds of thousands shares are strange and my eyes are bleeding. Did you ever seen something like

Code:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM shares
?

Also, there is not needed to perform two database calls, your current hashspeed can be done only with knowing of count of shares in statistics window.

bobR

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 11:49:38 AM

Guess you mist my FIRST POST

I have no idea what you re talking about
I'm using pudinpops miner and there is no set "askrate"
It was  set AS PER your instuctions if the FAQ's

The operators of BitcoinPool actively DON'T want your client software to be compatible with other pools. They've recently changed it so that their miner doesn't run if it isn't connecting to BitcoinPool.com.

In my opinion, it makes them look like children who don't want to share, and personally I'd never do business with them.

Actually, we made it so that it doesn't work when connecting to Slush's pool. Any other pool is fine. We posted about it. You should read before you post.

not to mention their "HELP" and attitude to questions
They demand you do such and such
but explain WTF they mean
basically your told to pound salt and called a TROLL

I had to go to another thread to even figure out what you were talking about. You have such a weak grasp of the english language that it physically causes me pain to read what you post. You have no concept of the use of punctuation, and never once used a question mark, therefore I can very strongly state that you never once asked a question. You did however, come into our thread pissed off and yelling at us because you don't understand how things work, and didn't get a reply to your question in high-priority fashion.

There are readme files related to every single miner and how they work. I encourage you to RTFM.
bombo999

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 12:13:09 PM

Based on my experiences, I would strongly recommend NOT using this particular pool.
CrispyCritters

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 12:20:23 PM

Hmm, I tried to run "guiminer.exe" and only get "Errors occurred" along with a message that tells me to look at a txt file.

Here's what's in the txt file

"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "win32api.pyo", line 12, in <module>
  File "win32api.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found."

Anyone else run into this problem?
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2011, 12:23:20 PM

My pool calculate hashspeed from submitted shares, not from requested getworks, of course.

Your reverse engineering failed. I publishly noted that there were bugs in getwork/s and hashrate/s meters. To explain that: I'm writing operational stats to database in sligly delayed fashion, so stats are queueing and then processed in batch (the delay is ~5 sec, so nothing dramatical). The bug was caused by race condition in writing actual stats queue to database, so in case of server overloading, more threads processed the same database write and the info about actually processed shares doubled/trippled/quadrupled. This affected only stats page, no calculating shares/score for users.

So when you overloaded the pool (thank you), you triggered this bug. It was fixed few days ago.

In my particular case, I only requested ~100 getworks over the course of 4 - 5 seconds, so it was just a coincidental increase that I saw. I can't account for the actions of others though. I wasn't "reverse engineering", just making an observation, which I stated from the beginning that it could have been a misconception. I do appreciate your clarification of the matter though. Good form.

geebus

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2011, 12:29:07 PM

Hmm, I tried to run "guiminer.exe" and only get "Errors occurred" along with a message that tells me to look at a txt file.

Here's what's in the txt file

"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "win32api.pyo", line 12, in <module>
  File "win32api.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found."

Anyone else run into this problem?

You'll see that if you're missing any of the following DLLs from your guiminer folder, or if your shortcut is not launching from the guiminer folder (check the "Start in" on your shortcut):

boost_python-vc90-mt-1_39.dll
msvcp90.dll
python26.dll
pywintypes26.dll
wxbase28uh_net_vc.dll
wxbase28uh_vc.dll
wxmsw28uh_adv_vc.dll
wxmsw28uh_core_vc.dll
wxmsw28uh_html_vc.dll

It may also be caused if you don't have the AMDAPP SDK installed. It should install by default with the latest Catalyst drivers available from http://ati.amd.com

Hope that helps!

geebus

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2011, 12:34:21 PM

Based on my experiences, I would strongly recommend NOT using this particular pool.

At the time of writing this, you've historically made 23+ BTC from our pool.
We've been open less than a week, and have less than 100 active users.
Likewise, we're still in Beta.

I understand if you choose to leave, and I express my thanks to you for your participation thus far, however, prior to making any strong recommendations that may sway potential users one way or another in regard to joining our pool, I would politely ask that you take the above stated facts into consideration.

Once again, thank you for your participation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: