Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:31:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW POOL & MINER] - BitcoinPool.com - Jump In! ~NO FEES~ :)  (Read 101909 times)
geebus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2011, 01:52:01 AM

Once the block is solved by the pool, it must mature. In order for that to happen, 120 blocks must be solved by the bitcoin network. Presently, that takes around 10 - 12 hours I think (honestly, I don't pay attention too much).
Should be more than 20 hours at this time.

Cool, thanks for the info. Like I said, I don't pay too much attention to how long the confirmation takes.  Wink

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 01:57:05 AM

I signed up for this pool, and also got a couple people from another forum I visit to sign up too. This seems to be one of the more open and honest pools around Smiley

I was wondering, I can see in my estimated earnings .02, but how long until that actually gets transferred to my bitcoin client, is it like once a week or something?

Your estimated earnings is a 'best guess' of what you WILL earn when the block is solved by the pool (fairly random, but based on pool speed) based on the number of shares you've submitted vs the total number submitted by the pool.

Once the block is solved by the pool, it must mature. In order for that to happen, 120 blocks must be solved by the bitcoin network. Presently, that takes around 10 - 12 hours I think (honestly, I don't pay attention too much).

Once the block matures, you'll be paid the next time our payment system makes a check (happens once per minute).

Thanks for the support! We appreciate it...

Thanks for the quick response Smiley
nobody

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 03:53:50 AM

I just signed up and got the Win GUI miner.  How do I know if it is working?  At the bottom it says 0 accepted, 0 stale, and Connected.  I tried both GPU (I have a 5850) and CPU mode.  I clicked start, left it for a few minutes and no change.  The console screen says the listener started.  Thanks.
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2011, 05:08:32 AM

I just signed up and got the Win GUI miner.  How do I know if it is working?  At the bottom it says 0 accepted, 0 stale, and Connected.  I tried both GPU (I have a 5850) and CPU mode.  I clicked start, left it for a few minutes and no change.  The console screen says the listener started.  Thanks.

Click on View > Show Summary, then you should be able to see the speed of the card, accepted, stale, and so on. If it's not mining, it may be configured incorrectly, but honestly, I'm not an expert on Kiv's miner...

I'd recommend asking in his thread about it:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3878.0

rasputin

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 04:48:44 PM

I'm not sure why, but this pool seems to have lower earnings than slush's pool. after crunching some data from slush's pool, i found out that i make around 0.03 BTC per hour mining. However, i ran a miner for 1 entire day, and the "estimated earnings" is only 0.06 BTC.

It's been ~2 days since this pool got a block, which means right now you're up against users that have put a lot of work in and earned plenty of shares. Because of this, your BTC/hour will be lower than in slush's pool until BitcoinPool gets lucky again.

Once a new round starts, you'll earn 2% more BTC/hour here, as slush takes a fee while this pool doesn't.
The pool found a block 45 minutes ago.

With a new round just started, this is the time to switch over if you prefer a free pool. (Though I'm sure the nice pool maintainers won't mind contributions).
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 05:54:38 PM

Not in favor to anyone or want to create unnecessary fights, but for healthy conversation for bitcoin community, i upload this text file.

I daily mine for some time in your pool, mostly at the start of an round & mine at least some 200 shares. I mine in slush pool, coz i desperately want bitcoins & i can't let it me not to get it by any means. With 270-280 Mhash/s i have & only 20-21 hours i can mine, due to electricity cuts, i don't want to miss the 3-3.5 coins i get daily.
But still, i test all other pools for 1 hour or more to know the efficiency & understand miners.

Your pool is interested me at least for one thing, the display in your modified miner.
Displaying at what & a share solved, time, date, stales, efficiency, now long & DUPLICATE.....
Today as usual i mined & suddenly i got the idea to log it, & search internet & got >log.txt to log.
Already around 120 shares are done, still i stopped & started & it only went to log file , instead of showing in monitor (u know how to show both in monitor & also log file?)
So, it logged around some 85+ shares.
& i uploaded it to a site & its the link to download.

http://www.qfpost.com/download.do?get=4ee0dd8cf66d36c2e37063eb4721a9ad

Actually, i see some thing different at least in this version of miner.

Usually, if i mine in any pool, i get 2-3 shares per minute & the max i get is 4-5 shares per minute.
But new version of your miner, mines around 6-7 shares per minute, then another minute 1-2 shares, some time third minute also 1-2 shares & fourth time 6-7 shares.
so, comparing to other miner & other pools, it seems in average i get 3 shares per minute.
while with your miner, i feel , i may get at average, 5-6 shares per minute, not sure.

That makes me to upload my log & also seeing recent conversation, i decided to upload the log whenever i mine in your pool.
Go through the log file, but the text in it is in a rather unseen way of displaying.
I don't want to edit file, but if you know how to display correctly, please tell.

I hope this file help you in any way.

If u feel good, u may donate me.
please reply me after reading the text file, whether you want it in future or not.
bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 07:55:58 PM

bottom line ITS"S LUCK
what happenend yester day don't mean much today

I will repeat for the hard of hearing (mentially handicapped)

Slulsh's pool is hit a lucky share ... shoot the dice ....how luck do you feel
GEEBRO & FAIRUSERS pool --- its can you keep submiting enough sharers while the round goes on and on and more people come in and your part of the 50 decreases

I split my efforts Slush was in the lead ... lately its better here
Like I said it ALL LUCK

Not in favor to anyone or want to create unnecessary fights, but for healthy conversation for bitcoin community, i upload this text file.

I daily mine for some time in your pool, mostly at the start of an round & mine at least some 200 shares. I mine in slush pool, coz i desperately want bitcoins & i can't let it me not to get it by any means. With 270-280 Mhash/s i have & only 20-21 hours i can mine, due to electricity cuts, i don't want to miss the 3-3.5 coins i get daily.
But still, i test all other pools for 1 hour or more to know the efficiency & understand miners.

Your pool is interested me at least for one thing, the display in your modified miner.
Displaying at what & a share solved, time, date, stales, efficiency, now long & DUPLICATE.....
Today as usual i mined & suddenly i got the idea to log it, & search internet & got >log.txt to log.
Already around 120 shares are done, still i stopped & started & it only went to log file , instead of showing in monitor (u know how to show both in monitor & also log file?)
So, it logged around some 85+ shares.
& i uploaded it to a site & its the link to download.

http://www.qfpost.com/download.do?get=4ee0dd8cf66d36c2e37063eb4721a9ad

Actually, i see some thing different at least in this version of miner.

Usually, if i mine in any pool, i get 2-3 shares per minute & the max i get is 4-5 shares per minute.
But new version of your miner, mines around 6-7 shares per minute, then another minute 1-2 shares, some time third minute also 1-2 shares & fourth time 6-7 shares.
so, comparing to other miner & other pools, it seems in average i get 3 shares per minute.
while with your miner, i feel , i may get at average, 5-6 shares per minute, not sure.

That makes me to upload my log & also seeing recent conversation, i decided to upload the log whenever i mine in your pool.
Go through the log file, but the text in it is in a rather unseen way of displaying.
I don't want to edit file, but if you know how to display correctly, please tell.

I hope this file help you in any way.

If u feel good, u may donate me.
please reply me after reading the text file, whether you want it in future or not.
bobR

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 08:16:38 PM

as for payout
I think setting up something that users set a pay amount is best
daily pays/per block solved fractions of pennies waste resources
I don't need pages of logs with nothing really to report
In that respect slush has it nailed
You pick when u want to get pay... a few coins or fraction there of

Might I also suggest
one payout per person.. if you have more than on machine mining ...multiple accounts
there is no need for repeated pay outs
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 08:44:57 PM

bobR it seems you misunderstood everything & never want to learn at all.

This pool giving bitcoins once a ROUND get solved. The round here means not only the share from CURRENT block, but shares from previous block, shares from previous previous block, share from previous previous previous block......

Instead of considering only the current block like others do, coz that way only a pool owner can survive with out bankruptcy, this pool not only take care of your solved shares from previous blocks, but also from blocks the ROUND started. so daily this pool sees more than 100 blocks & solved shares getting from them & stores it & when it find a block, instead of throwing away the members who gave their GPU, this pool share the 50 coins to all the ones who was in that round & share the coins depending on the shares they submitted. Don't say only LUCK gives coins. This pool due to some controversial method & due to rash behavior to explain some thing new which happens all the time, coz most are don't want to accept what other says true, they don't even want to consider it. But some ask questions & if they get definite answer, they accept.
slush, tycho & others both questioning fairuser & geebus , coz, if they prove, they will accept it.

I just try to help a part which i found by accident & also by seeing the messages.

No one accepted when Galileo said the was/is round. Now we all know that. If may be Galileo raised his voice to very rough & told , then may have accepted by then people.
Its like every one accepting Bible, but many knows, it is a book CREATED after Jesus Christ. many of the old things which the priest feared was took out from bible & i stop here, don't want to create a spiritual war. sorry friends i am neither Christian, nor know about Bible or even my religion book (Hindu), but going to marry a Poland girl who is Christian.
Period.

may be due to roughness many not joining this pool, but once they join, blocks will be solved soon & i said once, meaning at least 25-30 Ghash/s needed to fight with deepbit & slush. Even until reaching 30 ghash/s deepbit.net can't able to make that much. But they got quick people for only one reason, there is no other pool other than slush & slush closed registration. so everyone joined deepbit to mine. Now many pools are exist & bitcoinpool is the last one to start, i think. Even though in beta & alpha...Btcmine was started before(i am not sure) & the PPS famous bitpenny.

If you have that much anger & hate, disrespect, ZERO patience, arrogant, adamant, bullish, freaking, un forgivable attitude why you in the pool itself?

Did anyone black mailed you to stay in any particular pool or you was still in gun point, & if u don't mine they will kill you & family?

Problem is you want not only quick money , but very very quick money. I think you are just 15 years old. Their is a lot of time to live & experience, so try to be less fast.

Its not advice or order or anything. just few thoughts. You can take it or leave it or start scolding me & have a useless long discussion.
bobR

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 09:10:10 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2011, 09:20:50 PM by bobR

Guess you long winded nature MISSES the point
What was all that Huh other than hype

You start with an insult followed by much adoo about nothing
me thinks I smell TROLL

I understand MORE than you

If you don't like wahat I said ... SO WHAT
Thats how I see it ...the dif between pools
again IF YOU don';t like that .... well who are you
I'm not allowed my oppinions
THANK U GOD dishrag
we really need your comments

bobR it seems you misunderstood everything & never want to learn at all.

This pool giving bitcoins once a ROUND get solved. The round here means not only the share from CURRENT block, but shares from previous block, shares from previous previous block, share from previous previous previous block......

Instead of considering only the current block like others do, coz that way only a pool owner can survive with out bankruptcy, this pool not only take care of your solved shares from previous blocks, but also from blocks the ROUND started. so daily this pool sees more than 100 blocks & solved shares getting from them & stores it & when it find a block, instead of throwing away the members who gave their GPU, this pool share the 50 coins to all the ones who was in that round & share the coins depending on the shares they submitted. Don't say only LUCK gives coins. This pool due to some controversial method & due to rash behavior to explain some thing new which happens all the time, coz most are don't want to accept what other says true, they don't even want to consider it. But some ask questions & if they get definite answer, they accept.
slush, tycho & others both questioning fairuser & geebus , coz, if they prove, they will accept it.

I just try to help a part which i found by accident & also by seeing the messages.

No one accepted when Galileo said the was/is round. Now we all know that. If may be Galileo raised his voice to very rough & told , then may have accepted by then people.
Its like every one accepting Bible, but many knows, it is a book CREATED after Jesus Christ. many of the old things which the priest feared was took out from bible & i stop here, don't want to create a spiritual war. sorry friends i am neither Christian, nor know about Bible or even my religion book (Hindu), but going to marry a Poland girl who is Christian.
Period.

may be due to roughness many not joining this pool, but once they join, blocks will be solved soon & i said once, meaning at least 25-30 Ghash/s needed to fight with deepbit & slush. Even until reaching 30 ghash/s deepbit.net can't able to make that much. But they got quick people for only one reason, there is no other pool other than slush & slush closed registration. so everyone joined deepbit to mine. Now many pools are exist & bitcoinpool is the last one to start, i think. Even though in beta & alpha...Btcmine was started before(i am not sure) & the PPS famous bitpenny.

If you have that much anger & hate, disrespect, ZERO patience, arrogant, adamant, bullish, freaking, un forgivable attitude why you in the pool itself?

Did anyone black mailed you to stay in any particular pool or you was still in gun point, & if u don't mine they will kill you & family?

Problem is you want not only quick money , but very very quick money. I think you are just 15 years old. Their is a lot of time to live & experience, so try to be less fast.

Its not advice or order or anything. just few thoughts. You can take it or leave it or start scolding me & have a useless long discussion.
0x13

March 24, 2011, 09:13:10 PM

Hi

I just joined the pool 2 days ago and now I registered here to ask for a small improvements.
Can you make the average speed time a bit longer, like 20 minutes etc?
As currently my average speed jumps between 0 Mh/s and 71.58 Mh/s all the time.
You could also list on "Current round stats" the average speed for the current round and at the user profile the 20min average etc.
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 09:46:50 PM

Another file, since the round changed.

http://www.qfpost.com/download.do?get=da605d238042e278c3fdfd5e9893bbff
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2011, 10:11:54 PM

Hi

I just joined the pool 2 days ago and now I registered here to ask for a small improvements.
Can you make the average speed time a bit longer, like 20 minutes etc?
As currently my average speed jumps between 0 Mh/s and 71.58 Mh/s all the time.
You could also list on "Current round stats" the average speed for the current round and at the user profile the 20min average etc.

All displayed speeds work off of the same average that the pool speed works off of, which is currently a 5 minute average. I would prefer not to expand the timeframe for the average, because it would show some users as still online and working when they had been disconnected for some time, which would artificially inflate the numbers.

Your speed shouldn't be dropping to 0 Mh/s unless you haven't submitted a share in 5 minutes.

I will see about trying to add something to the users page to allow for viewing a different time frame.

CryptikEnigma

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 11:41:18 PM

I was wondering what 'unconfirmed' under the
earnings' stat meant?
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2011, 12:13:58 AM

I was wondering what 'unconfirmed' under the
earnings' stat meant?

The pool does not receive the 50 bitcoin reward for solving a block until 120 subsequent blocks have been solved. At which point, it will become "Confirmed".

Your unconfirmed earnings is the amount from previous rounds that is owed to you once the blocks become confirmed.

CryptikEnigma

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 12:16:02 AM

Oh okay, cool. Smiley
Braidcutter

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 12:16:19 AM

Geebus what programs do I need to mess with your client?

Its been a while but I'm thinking I'll put my coding hat on.
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2011, 12:19:49 AM

*** New Miner Version Available ***

poclbm-mod 02.24.2011
  • Changed handling of duplicated shares to be more accurate.
  • Improved accuracy of 'percent of getwork' tracking in results.
  • Added '-l' command line option to enable logging to file without disabling output (as piping to a file with '> filename.ext' would do).
  • Made minor display adjustments to make reading output easier.

Download now: http://www.bitcoinpool.com/file.php?id=6

geebus

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2011, 12:38:13 AM

Geebus what programs do I need to mess with your client?

Its been a while but I'm thinking I'll put my coding hat on.

I build the source using the following:
Python 2.6.6
PyOpenCL 0.92
   - Boost 1.44 (with all pre-compiled DLLs)
   - SciPy 0.8.0 for Python 2.6
   - Numpy 1.3.0 for Python 2.6
   - PyTools 11 for Python 2.6
   - Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2008
py2exe 0.6.9 for Python 2.6
AMDAPP SDK 2.4
Catalyst 11.4 Driver

...and a good text editor. I use Notepad++ 5.8.6 (UNICODE) for Windows.

You'll have to install Python, and build all the other libraries. I don't have a guide written for how to build from source start-to-finish. It's on my list of things to do, but not a super high priority right now.

Drako

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 12:54:55 AM

when does the payout happens?

thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: