Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:06:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
DelayedChoice

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:36:12 PM

I hope to partner up with some other bots to see what kind of multibot strategy we can develop.

you're ruining the game ldrugim people, why do it? make a limited number of bots and experiment.

I could argue 20000 AFKs sitting on coin spots is ruining the game too. Not very interesting.

you ruining the game bgb, and every bot will ruin it, no new players gonna join because of this. And in the long run you will ruin huntercoin...

Bots no match for good human gameplay and teamwork. Not for another 10 to 20 years. BGB probably not running bots in any case. Just a lot a generals and hunters under human control.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ScroogeD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:58:47 PM

Any news devs? edit: Just saw your post up there. Thx for all the feedback.

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:18:16 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 12:36:55 AM by snailbrain

just as a test..

All day to day, I left my ubuntu vm syncing with only 1 connection to my windows client which was on the longest chain.. obviously it should just sync right through (at least past the first fork from eligius pool), and it did.
which COULD mean (in my mind) the tx are all valid.
so the issue could just be some problem with reorganise onto the longest chain (as stated in my previous post, probably similar to the issue at launch with death-reorganise-resurrection)

still, i'm only using remote viewing psyhcic technique to assume this Smiley

as this isn't confirmed by any experts yet - i'd still be wary (it could happen again any time unless fixed - and people can't still sync from scratch)

the fork blocks will need investigating

BGB_HUC

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:30:35 AM

is bgb really selling HUC?

No, this is rumor.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:06:53 AM

is bgb really selling HUC?

No, this is rumor.

if huntercoin stimulates innovation of intelligent bots, i think that's a good thing.
Maybe it will be the birth of super AI Smiley --- maybe BGB will get a job controlling/writing algos for millitary robots/drones Cheesy

if the entire map is filled with bots of one person, i don't think it will be good -- humans will need to rebel against the machines (ring a bell? Smiley).. also i think it would be detrimental to the botmaster imo.
as per the threads i created prior to release, i stated that maybe it will become humans vs humans, bots vs humans, bots vs bots... for now, those that are concerned, don't worry about it.
The game was supposed to be a team game.. everyone is "soloing" that i know of. Real Elite Human Teams will probably form if/when the value increases.

--

off topic ish.. the last project i knew Mikhail was about to start work on was to do with
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant_colony_optimization_algorithms

it wasn't anything to do with huntercoin.. was a co-incidence ..
afterwords i thought - this may be useful for bots in Huntercoin.. unfortunately i never got a chance to talk to him about it

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:30:10 AM

I am completely non technical and have no idea what anyone is talking about for the last 5 pages.

I bought a bunch of HUC a couple of weeks ago and keep them on qt...the name on the zip archive is "Huntercoin-1.00.05c-time-to-dest"

I have not opened my qt or done any transactions for almost a week, definitely before these apparent problems started.

Are my coins safe? once we are eventually all on one chain again will the coins still be recognised as mine and I will be able to spend them without needing to do anything different?

Thanks

1) Your coins are safe.
2) You should back up your wallet. (Check my sig for some backup software for wallets.)
3) If you are on the wrong chain, you shouldn't do anything at all. Don't send. Don't receive. Get on the right chain.

2) I have a back up from after my last transaction which was before this problem. Any need for another new back up?
3) How do I know what chain im on? How do I get on the right chain? My qt has not been open for a week so last time it synced there was only 1 chain.

BTW I do not want to make any transactions or play for the moment, I just want to know that if I do, say in 2 months, all I will have to do is open the qt and press send or if thats not the case what I have to do to make it the case.

Cheers

2) No, probably not. If you've not used the wallet for anything, then there should be no need for a new backup. However, that being said, I'm on the paranoid side, and the utility I wrote lets me back up all my wallets with 1 click, so... I tend to create backups fairly often. There's no harm in having an extra backup. There is harm in not having a recent enough backup though.
3) You'll need to open up the QT and sync to find out. Compare it against huntercoin.info (on the short chain) with what other people post here. At the moment, I'm on block 93,003.

You don't technically *need* to have a sync'd wallet to send/receive, but it's probably a good idea to do anyways. I just leave wallets open and running to keep them sync'd.

But Huntercoin is a bit different than most... For your playing wallet, you don't want it encrypted. For your non-playing "wallet" wallet, you should encrypt that. You can swap out wallets easily enough by moving the files around. Make sure to back them both up and to know which is which. My backup utility doesn't handle this particular situation automatically. You'd need to have probably 2 folders labelled something like "playwallet" and "coinwallet" and then manually add them to the list of files to back up.

zy0n

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:36:49 AM

keep getting 11DbException
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:42:11 AM

...as per the threads i created prior to release, i stated that maybe it will become humans vs humans, bots vs humans, bots vs bots...

I was thinking about this, and I think that what will happen will evolve beyond "bots".

Basically, I see the game right now as humans playing "hunters" or running "bots". But the bots won't last long. What I predict is that the game will evolve from humans playing hunters, to humans playing "armies".

When I say "armies", I mean humans using more complex GUI interfaces to control larger numbers of hunters in a semi-automated fashion. i.e. There will be humans intelligently guiding bot armies against other humans intelligently guiding bot armies.

Purely automated bots will suffer under those conditions, and...
=---> either disappear or evolve radically...
=---> which will lead to more complex "army" software for humans to use to counter the more intelligent bots,
=---> which will lead to more intelligent bots,
=---> which will lead to more complex "army" software for humans to use to counter the more intelligent bots,
=---> which will lead to more intelligent bots...

tl;dr - Huntercoin will shift from humans controlling "hunters" to humans controlling "hunter armies".

So, for the people complaining about "bots"... Just wait. Your time is coming! Cheesy

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:46:19 AM

keep getting 11DbException

I was getting that on the short chain before. Deleting the blockchain and resyncing got me on the longer chain, and those problems disappeared (on 2 different machines). I posted how to do that a few pages ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5709519#msg5709519

It worked for me. YMMV.

coinweaver

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:09:27 AM

still looking into the issue

even though everyone (on here :d)  seems to agree the longest chain is the correct one - i'd still not trade, and be wary. Possible there is some invalid tx in the chain. Needs further investigation. -- also.. people can't sync onto the chain from scratch, so still needs a fix whether it's  right  or not. AND, it might happen again

--

There is an update if anyone is interested in looking:

new RPC command, getchains
https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/pull/19

also more debug for reorg
https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/pull/18

i've not uploaded windows version yet..

----

hopefully this will provide more insight, and allow people to investigate further. If you are a dev and want to support the community, and find and fix the problem sooner there will be a bounty.

--

apologise for the late response, have been moving home..

Once you decide on which fork is correct, pick one block after the fork occurred on the chain you want to keep, add that block as a checkpoint, and release a wallet update.
mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

...as per the threads i created prior to release, i stated that maybe it will become humans vs humans, bots vs humans, bots vs bots...

I was thinking about this, and I think that what will happen will evolve beyond "bots".

Basically, I see the game right now as humans playing "hunters" or running "bots". But the bots won't last long. What I predict is that the game will evolve from humans playing hunters, to humans playing "armies".

When I say "armies", I mean humans using more complex GUI interfaces to control larger numbers of hunters in a semi-automated fashion. i.e. There will be humans intelligently guiding bot armies against other humans intelligently guiding bot armies.

tl;dr - Huntercoin will shift from humans controlling "hunters" to humans controlling "hunter armies".

So, for the people complaining about "bots"... Just wait. Your time is coming! Cheesy

Lol.. then the coin will be renamed as Terminator Coin....

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:43:09 AM

is called The Technological Singularity (or similar)

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 02:45:04 AM

Lol.. then the coin will be renamed as Terminator Coin....

Come with me if you want to go to the moon! Grin

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 02:51:49 AM

is called The Technological Singularity (or similar)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

The short term is still bleak...

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/bill-gates-bots-are-taking-away-jobs-2014-3
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/13/bill-gates-says-neither-people-nor-governments-are-prepared-for-the-huge-changes-coming-to-the-labor-market/
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9246986/Gates_sees_software_replacing_people_Greenspan_calls_for_more_H_1Bs_

Within 20 years, “software substitution” will dramatically reduce the demand for many types jobs, Bill Gates said Thursday at the American Enterprise Institute. It’s a gloomy prediction that he says many people, including governments, aren’t prepared for.

Make no mistake, “software substitution” is a fancy way of saying software automation — as in “bots” and whatnot. Many of the jobs that could be eliminated are lower skill occupations.

“Software substitution, whether it’s for drivers or waiters or nurses … it’s progressing,” Gates said. “Technology over time will reduce demand for jobs, particularly at the lower end of skill set. … 20 years from now, labor demand for lots of skill sets will be substantially lower. I don’t think people have that in their mental model.”

What's interesting is that Huntercoin offers a very real, highly controlled & predictable (cryptographically secure with set rules) environment where exactly these kinds of scenarios can be explored on an abstract level.

i.e. Will my prediction of human "bot masters" become a reality for Huntercoin, and does that model extend to "software automation", and if so, how? (I would exclude maintenance from "bot master".)

BGB_HUC

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:42:57 AM

Running bot armies is definitely on my radar. Just over a week ago I experimented with a couple of armies to watch their behavior and gain some more information. A nice add on gui to control them would have been nice, but instead I can use the chat to change their behavior and direction. Of course using the correct commander name and command format is necessary.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:07:16 AM

Running bot armies is definitely on my radar. Just over a week ago I experimented with a couple of armies to watch their behavior and gain some more information. A nice add on gui to control them would have been nice, but instead I can use the chat to change their behavior and direction. Of course using the correct commander name and command format is necessary.

Any plans on releasing a public version? Wink

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:49:29 AM

Any plans on releasing a public version? Wink

Any chance of keeping it private, but selling for HUC Wink!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
zzaza
Legendary

Activity: 926
Merit: 1000

Zoltan - PD Moderator

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:35:14 AM

So i downloaded everything from the scratch and im on the longest chain now. 93253

paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 06:50:20 AM

Ok... a post NOT about "which chain"...

KEEPING THE CROWN

I think a lot of people noticed that the crown was being kept pretty well for a long time, and being cashed out fairly often.

The only way I can think of to do this is to get in another colour, destruct, then swoop in and snatch up the crown and coins from it. There's a risk there, but it's a calculated risk.

Does anyone have any other ideas on it?

easy bro
check the general logs, the chinamen haven't had a general hold the crown in forever
that way they can just destruct their general and the crown falls onto that square
so they pile up that square with their own players, and other members of their chinese cartel
detonate the general, they all share the crown, then the crown goes to a random person in that square (who is also part of their chinese cartel)
cash out all the guys with money, re-stack the square with the crown with more armies, rinse and repeat

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 06:51:14 AM

and uhhhm the longest chain is valid?
there was a longer chain that was totally frozen up at one point, is that the one now considered valid?? or the 'middle chain"??

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: