Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:51:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914091 times)
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:44:35 PM

200 sat to 8k sat recently.. what in the hell happened?
Do some research and you'll see the smoke the mirrors and the shenanigans.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:45:17 PM

I don't argue with gains. Nor do I ignore volume. Even if it's Chinese volume, someone wants Max. Max being more blatant about pumping it. I can see it go up.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
FlungSpun

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:42:47 PM

I don't argue with gains. Nor do I ignore volume. Even if it's Chinese volume, someone wants Max. Max being more blatant about pumping it. I can see it go up.
So is Jubi wallet working again?Huh
open for deposits/withdraw?

loutchano

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 09:45:16 PM

http://mineblocks.co.uk/

Configure Your Miners

stratum+tcp://stratum.mineblocks.co.uk:3010 -u YOUR WALLET -p x

ports vardriff

Port: 3009 & 3010

Happy Mining

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MineBlocksPool

FlungSpun

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:12:13 PM

Breaking news ...
I was wrong about the price of Maxcoin at 400 sats.

Maxcoin 340 sats!!!

lol

ahh the dump missed my buy order.
by about 339 sats
thelinuxist

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:15:40 PM

Worked for me( maxcoin.conf ):

# Seed nodes
addnode=maxexplorer.cloudapp.net
addnode=max.suprnova.cc
# Enable RPC
server=1
rpcallowip=*
# RPC information
rpcuser=<my rpcuser name>
rpcpassword=<my rpc password>
# Mining
gen=0
par=2
enforcecheckpoint=false
linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 06:23:42 AM

This is very odd, Jubi has a volume of $2,912,060    according to coinmarketcap.

3 million on a dead coin is just odd.

If you can't send or receive from the exchange then why would anyone trade on it? Or is this some pump and dump going on here?

FlungSpun

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:34:04 PM

This is very odd, Jubi has a volume of $2,912,060    according to coinmarketcap.

3 million on a dead coin is just odd.

If you can't send or receive from the exchange then why would anyone trade on it? Or is this some pump and dump going on here?

It's all about trading; trying to leverage your position to gain more BTCs, other alts, or, even fiat for that matter.  That simple.
And, a closed exchange keeps miners out from offloading their coins and preventing the price from tanking.

This is why I expressed my concern that YOBIT would tank the price (after I sold of course), because, miners can offload their coins on an open exchange and will, to sell at whatever price, to pay for the copper (electricity, equipment, location, GPUs, salary, etc...).

Investors, buy and sell, and NEED for the most part (unless they can short), the price to go up before they sell to get they profits.  Traders put money in, miners take money out.  Prevent the miners from offloading, prevent the natural balance of open market, add a closed system (China only), and, the price will be inflated.

Something JUBI was clearly demonstrating while many Maxcoin bag holders couldn't wait to sell their coins at JUBI's price on YOBIT (and tried), only to realise that the REAL market, didn't want to pay the price (let alone miners who would sell at whatever price, rather than hold).

Once YOBIT entered the arena, it proved right ... bag holders and miners offloaded their coins and tanked the price lower.

Personally, I thought JUBI's price was already at top of market, and was happy to sell at less than half that value on YOBIT.
So, I sold at 3500 sats, where, Maxcoin now sits at around 350.  So, whoever bought my Maxes, just lost 90% of his or her investment.
Well, for the moment anyway, unless Maxcoin increase by another 10x, which, to be honest, without REAL developers who can deliver, who follow thru with their words, I really don't see that happening.
This crowd, is more about superficial nonsense, than core, and I mean, deep seeded core obsession with making this coin the best.

Other cryptos have demonstrated evolution, which, our developers just have not been able to deliver.

And this is why other cryptos have more value.  GREAT developers can move the coin forward.  Our developers can't even finish the dam web site.

I'd add to that by saying you can tell the sentiment of a coins community pretty easily.

Some will try to tell you what a "great package" you get when you purchase a  RaspPi Maxcoin super-node bundle after jumping through hoops..
I didn't dig too far to be honest so let me know if this does actually turn out to be a good deal...... just smells bad as usual.

Others have a link to GitHub etc. where you can find some interesting software and info on setting up the couple of three you already have on your desk!
Because you are a generally interested tinkerer and like to support open projects regardless of perceived monetary gain. And guess what ... so are they.
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 02:23:45 AM

What 4 toes said.
This coin couldn't possibly be more driven into the ground.
da Kieser needed to faintly wave his hand over it every so often and it would be LTC or XMR levels.

And forgeting all taht it is a Kecck algo, virtually impossible to kill, yet this turd has be deadish for the last 2 years, with some weird trading on china exchanges. 

It's going to take alot of bond-O and paint-O to make this pig fly.

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:51:55 AM

Hey whats up with this coin, is it still alive?

I used to mine this for months a while ago! Smiley
goombaloon

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:19:46 AM

New v0.9.4 wallet is now available for download!  Find out more at https://blog.maxcoinhub.io.  Reboot and Refresh!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DISBc_OUQAEhCkF.jpg:large
linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 06:34:01 AM

New v0.9.4 wallet is now available for download!  Find out more at https://blog.maxcoinhub.io.  Reboot and Refresh!

Did you take over max because it was a dead coin with a potential community ready to go, or did you get passed the torch from max himself - or whomever was running it for him? The development update didn't seem to cover that part.

goombaloon

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:00:08 PM

Did you take over max because it was a dead coin with a potential community ready to go, or did you get passed the torch from max himself - or whomever was running it for him? The development update didn't seem to cover that part.

I took over because I've always believed that Maxcoin has fantastic potential, has a great community, and was started by a couple of young developers who I think had the right idea and had their hearts in the right place, but fell short of seeing it through.  I even helped a bit three years ago, not with wallet development, but with building and hosting a Maxcoin chat room and coordinating and planning with Luke (the primary Maxcoin developer at that time).

At no point along the way did Keiser ask me to get involved.  Obviously, he's always been interested in Maxcoin but I've never seen any signs that he commissioned Maxcoin or dictated how it was managed.  He's asked questions and expressed support, but in my experience, there's never been anything more than that.  This is true even today.  My involvement with Maxcoin has been totally my own initiative, and honestly, we'll need more people to get involved to turn Maxcoin's potential into reality, but hopefully this is the first step down that path.

I have access to the maxcoinproject account on here, but wanted to at least get started by using my personal account first because I want it to be clear that we're more or less starting from scratch from a resources standpoint.

Please post questions, suggestions, and feedback so that we can help Maxcoin live up to its potential!

BTCspoon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:20:59 PM

New v0.9.4 wallet is now available for download!  Find out more at https://blog.maxcoinhub.io.  Reboot and Refresh!

I took over because I've always believed that Maxcoin has fantastic potential, has a great community, and was started by a couple of young developers who I think had the right idea and had their hearts in the right place, but fell short of seeing it through.  I even helped a bit three years ago, not with wallet development, but with building and hosting a Maxcoin chat room and coordinating and planning with Luke (the primary Maxcoin developer at that time).

At no point along the way did Keiser ask me to get involved.  Obviously, he's always been interested in Maxcoin but I've never seen any signs that he commissioned Maxcoin or dictated how it was managed.  He's asked questions and expressed support, but in my experience, there's never been anything more than that.  This is true even today.  My involvement with Maxcoin has been totally my own initiative, and honestly, we'll need more people to get involved to turn Maxcoin's potential into reality, but hopefully this is the first step down that path.

I have access to the maxcoinproject account on here, but wanted to at least get started by using my personal account first because I want it to be clear that we're more or less starting from scratch from a resources standpoint.

Please post questions, suggestions, and feedback so that we can help Maxcoin live up to its potential!

Hi goombaloon,

Why not joining the actual team and support them directly? , no doubt they could use a skilled hand, somehow taking over (right now) is not a good idea, since the coin just entered on the radar and got a spontaneous regain of interest, at best it will confuse everyone and kill the coin for good... . By the way using a side account, no offense, won't help either.

Tell us who you are, give us your vision, your logistic, your plans, and maybe...maybe it could work, until then even installing a wallet (sources?) coming from nowhere is a big no no for me.

I'm sure you understand the concerns Wink
Jaerin

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:51:38 PM

People are still mining it on miningpoolhub.  Not sure that is doing much good for the coin though just dumping it on the market

It does pop to the top of profitability now and then though
robertsu

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:02:59 PM

Is there any active market where you can sell Max at this moment? I mean, send and sell coins because only market active (Jubi) doesn't accept sending-receiving coins on market at this moment. Or I'm wrong?
FlungSpun

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:28:32 PM

Is there any active market where you can sell Max at this moment? I mean, send and sell coins because only market active (Jubi) doesn't accept sending-receiving coins on market at this moment. Or I'm wrong?
www.yobit.net/en/trade/MAX/BTC

Always the same with MAX ... where can you sell :-/
goombaloon

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:34:34 AM

New v0.9.4 wallet is now available for download!  Find out more at https://blog.maxcoinhub.io.  Reboot and Refresh!

I took over because I've always believed that Maxcoin has fantastic potential, has a great community, and was started by a couple of young developers who I think had the right idea and had their hearts in the right place, but fell short of seeing it through.  I even helped a bit three years ago, not with wallet development, but with building and hosting a Maxcoin chat room and coordinating and planning with Luke (the primary Maxcoin developer at that time).

At no point along the way did Keiser ask me to get involved.  Obviously, he's always been interested in Maxcoin but I've never seen any signs that he commissioned Maxcoin or dictated how it was managed.  He's asked questions and expressed support, but in my experience, there's never been anything more than that.  This is true even today.  My involvement with Maxcoin has been totally my own initiative, and honestly, we'll need more people to get involved to turn Maxcoin's potential into reality, but hopefully this is the first step down that path.

Hi goombaloon,

Why not joining the actual team and support them directly? , no doubt they could use a skilled hand, somehow taking over (right now) is not a good idea, since the coin just entered on the radar and got a spontaneous regain of interest, at best it will confuse everyone and kill the coin for good... . By the way using a side account, no offense, won't help either.

Tell us who you are, give us your vision, your logistic, your plans, and maybe...maybe it could work, until then even installing a wallet (sources?) coming from nowhere is a big no no for me.

I'm sure you understand the concerns Wink

Hi BTCspoon,

Yep, I definitely understand, appreciate, and even share some of your concerns...no offense taken.  Smiley

Regarding why I don't just join the actual team...I have.  Like I mentioned earlier, I was loosely involved with the Maxcoin team shortly after its initial launch 3 years ago.  Today, the original developers are no longer involved (though I've contacted Luke here and there recently) and I'm working directly with maxcoin.org.uk and a few others on rebooting this project, so please let me confirm that I am not taking over this coin.  All my recent efforts to get 0.9.4 released are captured on the Maxcoin Github project (github.com/Max-Coin), not on some other fork or anything like that.  The 0.9.4 download is available on the main Maxcoin github project at github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/releases/tag/v0.9.4.0.

Regarding who I am...I've been a professional developer for 25 years.  The vast majority of my experience is with Microsoft platforms, both pre-.NET using C/C++ and post-.NET using C#.  I've also done a bit of Java development and work on other platforms, including Linux.  Though I've done plenty of desktop development, the bulk of my work has been with web development.

Being that I'm full-time employed and have a family, I don't have a great deal of time to dedicate to Maxcoin, but I try to allocate nights and weekends as much as I can.  As such, we will need other developers to join in if we hope to succeed.  To that end, there are a few options that I'm currently exploring but would welcome more if anyone on this thread is interested or knows someone that would be.

As for my vision/plans...my first goal is just to get the Maxcoin codebase updated and build-able, deliver some needed fixes, and get some supporting infrastructure and tools in place so that we can then move on to more exciting things.  To that end, I've done (or am doing, or need help doing) the following:

• Put a node online (dnsseed.maxcoinhub.io) and am coordinating to put a few others online (including dnsseed.maxcoin.org.uk) to serve as seed nodes for new wallet installations to sync easily.  The lack of a well-defined and reliable set of seed nodes has been an ongoing issue, and this is intended to remedy that issue.
  • Developed and deployed a REST API for querying the blockchain.  This is available at api.maxcoinhub.io  The source code will be open sourced on the Github project (it was written in C# / .NET Core).  I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • Developed and deployed a mining stats page that provides a hashrate and difficulty chart along with up-to-the-minute stats.  This is available at node.maxcoinhub.io.
  • Updated the codebase on Github to make it build-able again.
  • Updated, expanded, and verified the documentation for building the source code on Windows and Ubuntu.  These are available at github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/blob/master/doc/build-msw.md and github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/blob/master/doc/build-linux.md, respectively.
  • Updated the code in 0.9.4 to use the new seed nodes created above.
  • Updated the maxcoin branding and logos in 0.9.4 to match with maxcoin.org.uk (again, we're working together as a team).
  • Deployed a development blog at blog.maxcoinhub.io that I'm planning to use to share this kind of information.  In fact, I think my next post will include what I've provided here.  Smiley
  • Working to get the Maxcoin DNS seeder daemon up and running on multiple seed nodes to further remedy the node availability and discoverability issue.
  • Provide a blockchain bootstrap torrent so that new wallet users can get the blockchain loaded on to their machines more quickly.  Sync times for new Maxcoin installations is pretty slow (on the order of days), so providing a torrent of a periodically updated snapshot of the blockchain should hopefully provide some near-term relief.
  • Optimize the Maxcoin blockchain syncing code so that the above bootstrap torrent is eventually no longer necessary.
  • Investigate and address as appropriate the current list of issues captured Github.
  • Build, deploy, and open source a new blockchain explorer that leverages the blockchain API built above.

Again, these are all part of an initial first step of "rebooting and refreshing".  After this initial first step, then I believe we'll be well-positioned to move on to bigger and better things, which hopefully the community will help define and drive between now and then.

From this point forward, I will switch over to posting from the maxcoinproject account in order to reduce confusion or concern.

Thanks for the feedback and please continue to provide any further feedback regarding questions, concerns, or suggestions!

maxcoinproject (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

MaxcoinProject.org

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 01:42:08 AM

Hello from goombaloon.  As I indicated in the above post using my goombaloon account, I'll post here using this account from now on.

Algorithm: Keccak (SHA-3) / Generation: 100 million MAX | Block time: 1 minute / Block Rewards: 8 coins per block / Halving every ~4 years | Premine: Zero – not premined / Fees: Zero – no transaction fees ( close to zero ) | Difficulty: Retargets every block. | MAX Speed. MAX Security. MAX Protection. MAXcoin.
BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:35:53 AM

Hi maxcoinproject,

Thank you to alleviate the concern. I'm sure some help will come.

Most importantly let's see how the community and the market react

Good luck.
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: