Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:00:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914093 times)
ElBurro

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:32:55 PM

Current maxcoin source has fatal error, can be fork anytime like what darkcoin suffered few months ago. There's no test time. It's disaster. Fix it now.

To Dev. Don't debug now. Just revert. This is what Darkcoin team had done on blockchain forking. checkpoint resync is not a easy problem to debug.

If the dev is going to have to rollback anyway why are people wasting resources mining it right now?

And blocks are being found much faster than what was stated.
goombaloon

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:35:26 PM

You need to launch with the -reindex param.  This will (eventually) sync up.  However, as mentioned elsewhere, you must keep the wallet open at that point.  Otherwise, the next time you open the wallet you'll get stuck again and will have reindex again.

Obviously, this isn't the final solution, but it works until the final solution is sorted out and implemented.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:49:19 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 07:00:06 PM by subSTRATA

Current maxcoin source has fatal error, can be fork anytime like what darkcoin suffered few months ago. There's no test time. It's disaster. Fix it now.

To Dev. Don't debug now. Just revert. This is what Darkcoin team had done on blockchain forking. checkpoint resync is not a easy problem to debug.

If the dev is going to have to rollback anyway why are people wasting resources mining it right now?

And blocks are being found much faster than what was stated.

Something is definitely not right with block rate (quick analysis shows it is around 2 or 3 blocks per minute - it should be around 1) or difficulty calculation is wrong somewhere.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
maxcoinproject (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

MaxcoinProject.org

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:26:58 PM

Pool owners and users who compile from source; the latest commit allows you to block 0.9.1 nodes which should clean up the network somewhat. I'll be testing this approach this evening and if it works I'll release a new binary tomorrow.

Whilst I understand that you are concerned for the network and your coins getting flustered in this thread isn't going to help anything. I am working to rectify the problem (which is something I've never come across before, hence the delay and the reason it occurred to begin with) and will release a fix as soon as possible. If you're concerned, leave your wallet closed until a known fix is released.

Thanks

Algorithm: Keccak (SHA-3) / Generation: 100 million MAX | Block time: 1 minute / Block Rewards: 8 coins per block / Halving every ~4 years | Premine: Zero – not premined / Fees: Zero – no transaction fees ( close to zero ) | Difficulty: Retargets every block. | MAX Speed. MAX Security. MAX Protection. MAXcoin.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:00:08 PM

Pool owners and users who compile from source; the latest commit allows you to block 0.9.1 nodes which should clean up the network somewhat. I'll be testing this approach this evening and if it works I'll release a new binary tomorrow.

All nodes except 0.9.2.1 should be filtered out, there are actualy still many of them using 0.9.0 and 0.8.9 versions. There are zero good reasons to tolerate nodes which use old
ruleset, just let them stay on their own blockchains isolated from healthy network. Also, syncing to only healthy nodes goes much faster if our nodes wasted minimum time on
those outdated nodes. For a perfect outcome, peers.dat file should be filtered as well so IPs of outdated nodes are not sent to other healthy nodes.

BTCspoon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:44:20 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 09:11:28 PM by BTCspoon

All nodes except 0.9.2.1 should be filtered out, there are actualy still many of them using 0.9.0 and 0.8.9 versions. There are zero good reasons to tolerate nodes which use old
ruleset, just let them stay on their own blockchains isolated from healthy network. Also, syncing to only healthy nodes goes much faster if our nodes wasted minimum time on
those outdated nodes. For a perfect outcome, peers.dat file should be filtered as well so IPs of outdated nodes are not sent to other healthy nodes.

agreed

Maybe time to turn the problem to it's head, just to clean the network a little bit faster, by just connecting to a single clean node for a couple of day (narrowing the problem to network or code):

with: -reindex -maxconnections=1 -connect=CLEANNODEIP1 -connect=CLEANNODIP2 -par=8
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:17:08 PM

Whilst I understand that you are concerned for the network and your coins getting flustered in this thread isn't going to help anything. I am working to rectify the problem (which is something I've never come across before, hence the delay and the reason it occurred to begin with) and will release a fix as soon as possible. If you're concerned, leave your wallet closed until a known fix is released.

Thanks

I want to know that if you will decide to revert blockchain from around 600000 block height or not.

You told us like this.
"If 1gh continues to mine on their own fork it will be a sad loss to the network."

Our pool wallet is still trying to catch up, sync started 4 hours ago with "-reindex" and it's still around 546854. It's not stuck but it really needs time. I'm wondering if I have to open the pool when it's done. And it would stuck again like what happened at 6000067 when more than two pools start to mine.

Please tell us the answer, this is what I am concerning the most.

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:22:23 PM

the link to the new wallet windows does not work  Huh

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
insanid

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:27:12 PM

the link to the new wallet windows does not work  Huh

https://github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/releases
Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:30:06 PM

agreed

Maybe time to turn the problem to it's head, just to clean the network a little bit faster, by just connecting to a single clean node for a couple of day (narrowing the problem to network or code):

with: -reindex -maxconnections=1 -connect=CLEANNODEIP1 -connect=CLEANNODIP2 -par=8

Agreed,

we need clear solution, clear blockchain. currently reindex may go to fork.

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:39:48 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 10:55:27 PM by subSTRATA

Our pool wallet is still trying to catch up, sync started 4 hours ago with "-reindex" and it's still around 546854. It's not stuck but it really needs time. I'm wondering if I have to open the pool when it's done. And it would stuck again like what happened at 6000067 when more than two pools start to mine.

Before your node syncs to 600,000 blocks shut it down and make a backup of MAX data directory. That way you will almost certainly not have to download those blocks again.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:42:19 PM

Since 0.9.2.1 and the "resetcheckpoint" command - I had no problems at all resyncing Suprnova ..

Strange that there seem to be so many problems out there..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
sylph93

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:08:56 PM

I updated to 9.2.1. First time I couldn't sync.

So, I did -reindex -rescan. I typed 'resetcheckpoint' on console window.

Reindexing took about 3 hours. (I slept during that)

Now, I wake up. I found that my wallet sync. Block chain works.

I use Miningpoolhub and I haven't mined for day. However another hard fork (revert) will cause another problem.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
coa032

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:15:53 PM

Now, I wake up. I found that my wallet sync.
+1
Wallet 9.2.1 works fine for me
BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:20:33 PM

+1

Yes it work fine, the serious bug was in the 0.9.2. But there is still a problem with the sync on 0.9.2.1, it will sync as long as it stay open after the reindex. Close it and reopen it it'll be stuck and stop syncing.
sylph93

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:26:33 PM

+1

Yes it work fine, the serious bug was in the 0.9.2. But there is still a problem with the sync on 0.9.2.1, it will sync as long as it stay open after the reindex. Close it and reopen it i'll be stuck and stop syncing.

Yes, I found it too. After Closing and reopen, the wallet was stuck and stop sycing.

The minor fix should be released soon.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
insanid

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:41:02 AM

This is getting frustrating. 1GH doesn't even allow you to mine using sgminer 5, they only allow their own custom cgminer 3.7.3. Please dev fix this coin so other pools can mine!
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609

DMD,XZC

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:15:00 AM

quickly,if 1gh is  not on the good chain,dev you must give a good pool,
otherwise,people lost the hash power

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:14:13 AM

This is getting frustrating. 1GH doesn't even allow you to mine using sgminer 5, they only allow their own custom cgminer 3.7.3. Please dev fix this coin so other pools can mine!

http://maxcoin.miningpoolhub.com accepts sgminer 5 and any other major miners.
Currently we are not showing block finding stats since web wallet is not synced yet but mining wallet is synced up and finding blocks as usual.

Come and mine together.

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
insanid

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:14:08 AM

http://maxcoin.miningpoolhub.com accepts sgminer 5 and any other major miners.
Currently we are not showing block finding stats since web wallet is not synced yet but mining wallet is synced up and finding blocks as usual.

Come and mine together.

I would like to mine somewhere other than 1GH, but your site is showing this header:

This page (http://maxcoin.miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare | Hide this Alert

Is the mining pool site experiencing issues?
Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: