Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:06:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914088 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:03:56 AM

This is getting frustrating. 1GH doesn't even allow you to mine using sgminer 5, they only allow their own custom cgminer 3.7.3. Please dev fix this coin so other pools can mine!

why would they care what miner you use ?

your probably doing something wrong..

me i use a custom version of cudaminer i made up.. works fine, always has.

I am not doing anything wrong. Sgminer 5 works without issue on dwarfpool and I would imagine all other pools. Also, just because your Nvidia cudaminer works doesn't mean an AMD with sgminer/cgminer will work properly. There's a few pools out there other than 1GH that only accept shares from a custom miner.

i have plenty of experience working on all miners not just cudaminer/nvidia
and i have used all those pools too and i don't see what your talking about.

your being vague too.. what does "NOT WORK" mean ?
does your miner say shares rejected ? what msg is returned ?

There may be an issue with the sgminer setup and whether it's mining at Keccak 256 vs Kecaak 512
Trust me if there is anything i know about this stuff it's working on miners so i am not a noob Wink

was trying to help you buddy because it's not really possible for a pool to do that.
the most that will happen is you will find some pools may have a tougher hard coded difficulty requirement
which would make it harder to get shares accepted but even that would not give you 100% rejection rates.
i tested that theory out and learned the had ways on a bunch of pools last year with Quark and Securecoin eh.
sorry buy what your claiming is not very believable.. and it's a nasty accusation too LOL

edit:
you said..
There's a few pools out there other than 1GH that only accept shares from a custom miner.

that is what i have an issue with..
it may be simply that the other miners have not been updated to support the pool (coin) yet.
accusing the pool operator of "Locking out" so speak other miners is not too believable.

Here's an example of a custom miner that only works with a specific pool:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652849

The issue with sgminer 5 and 1GH is that sgminer sits at waiting for work from pools. My config works just fine with other pools except 1GH. It's not a firewall issue either. I can duplicate this issue on multiple rigs. When I download and use the custom 1GH version of cgminer 3.7.3, and use the exact same configuration I use with dwarfpool (substitute the conf setting algorithm : maxcoin for keccak : true) it works without a problem. I also tried setting keccak : true with sgminer 5, but it doesn't matter what I do because it won't get any work from 1GH.

Edit: Now that DwarfPool is back up and running I am happily hashing away with sgminer 5 again Smiley

there is no getting through to you is there ? LOL

how many miners have you coded ? i have done lots i know what i am talking about.. believe me or don't ..your problem.
but you accused the pool of dishonest behavior and i think it's made up crap.
go ahead and explain to me on a technical level how a pool can do that in the first place..
i already pointed out how at no time did you even so much as post your config settings.

you simply made a damning horrible accusation against a pool ..a BIG pool with nothing to back it up but "because i say so"
And i am telling you your wrong !
Just because a miner is not updated for a specific coin does not mean the pool is black listing miner programs. (or the user is not running it properly)
and the most likely cause of your problem is YOU and how your using the miner or your using a version not compatible with certain coin.
I said it works on my custom home made miner only i am using and i did nothing special for it to work on 1GH
and i have been on there for months 24/7 and was when the pool was launched !

So you think the pool 1GH is secretly detecting Sgminer v5 and blocking it from working ? LOL oooooook then  Roll Eyes

That is NOT possible and you would know that if you knew how the code worked.
I know i discussed privately setting up a custom build miner for a well known pool that would do what you said
and i know how it could be done but i doubt anyone ever bothered to do it.. would be a pain in the ass lol
I theorized hypothetically someone could have used part of the stratum protocol as a means of authentication
via the stratum "message" api feature.. but i never did write any code to try it.
ALL miners work by getting work and doing the work and sending it back basically.. there is no other authentication going on.
*IF a miner completes the work properly it will be accepted it's as simple as that.. it won't matter what hardware / software your running.

i tried to help you but all you did is insist on arguing with a vague and rather nasty accusation against the Pool 1GH which i think is unfair.
did you try contacting the pool operator and asking them for help ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:13:37 AM

on and off i have been having issues with the internet bandwidth usage on the newest wallet Sad
does anyone know of any command-lines etc to throttle the amount of uploading it does ?

i run a desktop OSD i made for Aida64 and i see it going ape shit on the upload.
and i have also tracked it with Sysinternals Process Explorer so i can see it is in fact the culprit.

i don't think there is anything i can do but shut it off but i figured i should ask you guys.
i don't intend on running it all the time but since i can't shut it down or i have to reindex i am trying to leave it on.
normally i would run the wallet and sync it once a day or so..

MAXcoin_Believer

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:34:43 AM

Cryptsy wallet still unable to withdraw.  Pretty unreal!

Bittrex is still disabled too..
Not exactly healthy having the coin frozen everywhere for a week right when it's at a long time high in value.

I think that's why the price shot up.  Miners can't sell any coins.

So now you have a week's worth of Max Coins waiting to me dumped.  That means the price will get slammed in a day or two when deposits start working.

Can't wait.
The price shot up before the fork.  Since the fork the price has went slightly lower.  But a maxcoin dump may indeed be incoming.  Everyone get ready for cheap maxcoin Smiley
insanid

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:45:00 AM

This is getting frustrating. 1GH doesn't even allow you to mine using sgminer 5, they only allow their own custom cgminer 3.7.3. Please dev fix this coin so other pools can mine!

I am not doing anything wrong. Sgminer 5 works without issue on dwarfpool and I would imagine all other pools. Also, just because your Nvidia cudaminer works doesn't mean an AMD with sgminer/cgminer will work properly. There's a few pools out there other than 1GH that only accept shares from a custom miner.

There may be an issue with the sgminer setup and whether it's mining at Keccak 256 vs Kecaak 512
Trust me if there is anything i know about this stuff it's working on miners so i am not a noob Wink

was trying to help you buddy because it's not really possible for a pool to do that.
the most that will happen is you will find some pools may have a tougher hard coded difficulty requirement
which would make it harder to get shares accepted but even that would not give you 100% rejection rates.
i tested that theory out and learned the had ways on a bunch of pools last year with Quark and Securecoin eh.
sorry buy what your claiming is not very believable.. and it's a nasty accusation too LOL

edit:
you said..
There's a few pools out there other than 1GH that only accept shares from a custom miner.

it may be simply that the other miners have not been updated to support the pool (coin) yet.
accusing the pool operator of "Locking out" so speak other miners is not too believable.

The issue with sgminer 5 and 1GH is that sgminer sits at waiting for work from pools. My config works just fine with other pools except 1GH. It's not a firewall issue either. I can duplicate this issue on multiple rigs. When I download and use the custom 1GH version of cgminer 3.7.3, and use the exact same configuration I use with dwarfpool (substitute the conf setting algorithm : maxcoin for keccak : true) it works without a problem. I also tried setting keccak : true with sgminer 5, but it doesn't matter what I do because it won't get any work from 1GH.

Edit: Now that DwarfPool is back up and running I am happily hashing away with sgminer 5 again Smiley

how many miners have you coded ? i have done lots i know what i am talking about.. believe me or don't ..your problem.
go ahead and explain to me on a technical level how a pool can do that in the first place..
i already pointed out how at no time did you even so much as post your config settings.

you simply made a damning horrible accusation against a pool ..a BIG pool with nothing to back it up but "because i say so"
Just because a miner is not updated for a specific coin does not mean the pool is black listing miner programs. (or the user is not running it properly)
and the most likely cause of your problem is YOU and how your using the miner or your using a version not compatible with certain coin.
I said it works on my custom home made miner only i am using and i did nothing special for it to work on 1GH

So you think the pool 1GH is secretly detecting Sgminer v5 and blocking it from working ? LOL oooooook then  Roll Eyes

I know i discussed privately setting up a custom build miner for a well known pool that would do what you said
and i know how it could be done but i doubt anyone ever bothered to do it.. would be a pain in the ass lol
I theorized hypothetically someone could have used part of the stratum protocol as a means of authentication
via the stratum "message" api feature.. but i never did write any code to try it.
ALL miners work by getting work and doing the work and sending it back basically.. there is no other authentication going on.
*IF a miner completes the work properly it will be accepted it's as simple as that.. it won't matter what hardware / software your running.

i tried to help you but all you did is insist on arguing with a vague and rather nasty accusation against the Pool 1GH which i think is unfair.
Instead of getting angry at me, how about you try it out yourself?

Download sgminer from here:
https://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/dev/sgminer-v5-06-06-2014.zip
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533.0
*This is Wolf0's website. You should know who wolf0 is considering you make your own custom miners. It's safe.

Here's my config:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZYH8VPCh

It's for an AMD 290x running sgminer-v5-06-06-2014 64-bit for Windows. The same exact configuration does not work for me when I switch pools to 1GH. The problem is it sits there waiting for work from the pool. If I use DwarfPool, it works just fine. I would imagine that most maxcoin miners are probably using the 1GH custom cgminer 3.7.3, and thus they can probably mine on other pools with it, but the OFFICIAL sgminer 5 has issues with 1GH for some reason with my fairly basic config. I was more frustrated than anything regarding the recent fork issues with maxcoin, and that the official sgminer 5 appears to not work with 1GH no matter what I try.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:36:33 PM

edit:
you said..

*This is Wolf0's website. You should know who wolf0 is considering you make your own custom miners. It's safe.

Here's my config:

It's for an AMD 290x running sgminer-v5-06-06-2014 64-bit for Windows. The same exact configuration does not work for me when I switch pools to 1GH. The problem is it sits there waiting for work from the pool. If I use DwarfPool, it works just fine. I would imagine that most maxcoin miners are probably using the 1GH custom cgminer 3.7.3, and thus they can probably mine on other pools with it, but the OFFICIAL sgminer 5 has issues with 1GH for some reason with my fairly basic config. I was more frustrated than anything regarding the recent fork issues with maxcoin, and that the official sgminer 5 appears to not work with 1GH no matter what I try.

Instead of trying to argue with me and accuse 1GH's Max coin pool operators of blocking your miner on you "on purpose"
did YOU try contacting them ?

i don't need to make your miner work for you.. you need to prove your malicious claims against the pool.
just because the miner program does or does not work does not automatically mean 1GH was trying to be assholes and block your miner from working on their pool.

here i will even do the leg work for you and copy and past the link to the Pool ANN topic so you can talk to "reorder" about it Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=392322.20

boraxo

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:00:44 PM

So, has *anybody* of the Penguin persuasion succeeded in compiling the new wallet?

If yes, then what Linux are you using?

And, have you in any way modified (or updated) boost, php, and/or openssl along the way?

Compiles fine on a stock Ubuntu 13.10 machine. It has all of the boost libraries installed (aka "libboost-all-dev" v1.42-v1.53) and openssl 1.0.1e

Aha.  Thanks muchly for the clue.  Finally got maxcoind and maxcoin-qt v0.9.2.1-g8c5e74e-beta to compile, using boost-1.55 (compiled from scratch, that is, bjam and b2) and openssl-1.0.1i (compiled as per LFS).  

The trick is to add -no-ssl2 in the config line when compiling openssl-1.0.1i.   And then you need to do make depend before you do make.  I gather that the standard Ubuntu build of openssl already does all that for you.

If you are compiling openssl-1.0.1e, which is vulnerable to the Heartbleed attack, then you would have to insert -DOPENSSL_NO_HEARTBEATS in the CFLAGS line of the generated Makefile, after you do the config but before you do the make.  Or in the DEPFLAGS line, I forget which --um, heck, just add it to both, to be safe.

Thanks again for the clue.

Man, this new logo sucks donkey dicks, doesn't it.
solargod03

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:30:51 PM

still unable to sync wallet even after doing upgrade to 9.2.1 and "resetcheckpoint".  What is "-reindex"? and how do I do this? I am unable to locate conf file in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MaxCoin. Does anyone have a conf example?  I am only using the RPC within qt wallet.

i have only this in my conf..

Code:
# Seed nodes
addnode=node.maxcoin.co.uk
addnode=wombat.dar.sh
# Provided by max-coin-dice.com
addnode=94.23.80.59
addnode=198.50.155.236

create a shortcut to maxcoin-qt.exe and then add that -reindex to your shortcut (windows example)

my shortcut on Windows 7 is just like this..
Code:
C:\CryptoCoins\MaxCoin\maxcoin-qt.exe -reindex

run the shortcut then open the debug console up and enter in --> resetcheckpoint

or wait for a new update coming soon as the other guys suggested Wink
good luck..

download the 0.9.2.1 wallet,
-reindex
resetcheckpoint
it works fine,and recv the paid from 1gh.
but now it is very low profit to mine maxcoin

Great Thanks Guys, that worked.  Haha, took me a little while to figure out to add the -reindex after the "quotes"...That could have been useful information  "C:\maxcoin-qt.exe" -reindex
Azure

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:40:27 AM

What's going on with MaxCoin?  My wallet won't synch.

First, it wouldn't synch, then...

I...
#1] Downloaded and installed 9.2.1
#2] Did resetcheckpoint, checked it with getcheckpoint
#3] Ran my wallet with -reindex
    a) (Waited a couple of hours for the blockchain to re-index, and it synched, worked fine.)
#4] Closed my wallet.
#5] Opened my wallet 2 hours later and it won't synch again.
boraxo

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:57:31 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 12:18:27 PM by boraxo

My maxcoin-qt (Linux, 9.2.1) was working fine for about 12 hours but hasn't sync'ed since block 610003, about an hour ago (the wallet currently estimates we're at block 610142 and has 11 active connections).  

I've been paid by 1gh.com during this time, but my wallet isn't showing it.

*edit*: OK, trying resetcheckpoint/getcheckpoint and letting the wallet re-sync...
*edit again* yep, resetcheckpoint/getcheckpoint and letting the wallet re-sync worked.  It is once again current and up-to-date.

Wonder why it froze up at block 610003 like that?
Finley

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:33:19 AM

Yes,my wallet can't sync either,i just can't figure out what happened.Dose the dev alive or can someone help me fix this situation?
boraxo

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:21:28 PM

Yes,my wallet can't sync either,i just can't figure out what happened.Dose the dev alive or can someone help me fix this situation?

Try the "resetcheckpoint / getcheckpoint" combination followed by letting maxcoin-qt re-sync as described at

http://maxcoinnews.net/maxcoin-0-9-2-1-release/

Worked for me.  Also, here is my complete maxcoin.conf:

# Seed nodes
addnode=maxexplorer.cloudapp.net
addnode=max.suprnova.cc

# Enable RPC
server=1
rpcallowip=*

# RPC information
rpcuser=<my rpcuser name>
rpcpassword=<my rpc password>

# Mining
gen=0
par=2

enforcecheckpoint=false
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:55:05 PM

edit:
you said..

Here's my config:

Dude, you did check the date on that thing, right? I stopped compiling SG5 after it stopped working with GCC - that binary is quite old, and it wouldn't be a stretch in any way for it to have bugs, since that was during the early stages of SG5. Since 1GH is obviously not running the same code as DwarfPool, it's only reasonable and rational to consider the idea that perhaps 1GH is just less tolerant when it comes to miner errors.

Now, that's not to say that it's certainly not 1GH's fault, maybe it is, or maybe you just fucked up something - I have no idea. However, I would advise you to be more cautious about publicly posting completely baseless accusations that can very easily damage reputations and cost people a lot of money - that goes double for this community, in which so many people have been victims of scams and other forms of theft that they see evil everywhere. Not to mention, at the very least, it can damage YOUR reputation - 1GH has absolutely no reason to make people use their miner, because there's no money in that; it'll drive people away, while they gain nothing. Add that to the fact you have absolutely nothing to back it up, and it makes you look kinda stupid.

i don't need to compile fuck all it's not my problem.. and sorry its not making me look stupid.
check your facts mouthy idiot(s) and stop making malicious accusations against the 1GH max coin pool with nothing to back it up.
i am always right so keep it up and lets put on a little show case of who is the stupid one here..
Pro Tip: It ain't me  Cool
I am not the one who said 1GH is BLOCKING all miners except their own to force users to use their miner programs.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:57:16 PM

Try the "resetcheckpoint / getcheckpoint" combination followed by letting maxcoin-qt re-sync as described at

Worked for me.  Also, here is my complete maxcoin.conf:

# Seed nodes
addnode=max.suprnova.cc

# Enable RPC
server=1
rpcallowip=*

# RPC information

# Mining
gen=0
par=2

enforcecheckpoint=false

that part i underlined is a severe security vulnerability and will allow the public to rape your ass for coins.
do not EVER use that command in your conf --> rpcallowip=*

boraxo

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:27:52 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 02:59:03 PM by boraxo

Worked for me.  Also, here is my complete maxcoin.conf:

# Seed nodes
addnode=max.suprnova.cc

# Enable RPC
server=1
rpcallowip=*

# RPC information

# Mining
gen=0
par=2

enforcecheckpoint=false

that part i underlined is a severe security vulnerability and will allow the public to rape your ass for coins.

Please explain.  That command is included in the default maxcoin.conf which is supplied with the Linux source code for every version to date, including the present one, maxcoind/maxcoin-qt 0.9.2.1.  If what you are saying is true, then the developer is leaving every Linux user wide open to attack.

*edit* Oh, OK, I see what you're saying.  If someone could take control of my router, theoretically they could send a transfer command to my wallet.  Not likely given the type of router security that I have.  But I can see your point.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:31:10 AM

# Seed nodes
addnode=max.suprnova.cc

# Enable RPC
server=1
rpcallowip=*

# RPC information

# Mining
gen=0
par=2

enforcecheckpoint=false

Please explain.  That command is included in the default maxcoin.conf which is supplied with the Linux source code for every version to date, including the present one, maxcoind/maxcoin-qt 0.9.2.1.  If what you are saying is true, then the developer is leaving every Linux user wide open to attack.

*edit* Oh, OK, I see what you're saying.  If someone could take control of my router, theoretically they could send a transfer command to my wallet.  Not likely given the type of router security that I have.  But I can see your point.

check out this changelog for Jackpot coin.. see part bold underlined

CHANGELOG
V 1.5
(1) Coin split rule changes
    minimum time before coin split       : 2 days
    maximum time for non-split the coin  : 7 days
    maximum coins for non-split the coin : 100,000 or 1/64 of balance

(2) WalletFileName can be specified using command line option (-wallet "wallet.dat")

(3) Non-confirmed transaction will be displayed immediately
    Conflicted or Orphan/Unaccepted Transactions will be hidden
    It can be selected in option menu

(4) Windows system tray notifications can be disabled in option menu

(5) Minor GUI Changes
    - unlock/lock button has been removed from the Overview tab
    - option dialog has been reorganized
    - conflicted transaction icon has been added on transaction list
    - some messages have been detailed and tuned  

(6) Latest PoS/PoW/Kernel Checkpoint Updates

(7) openssl 1.0.1h

V 1.4.1 MANDATORY UPGRADE
(1) PoS bug patch
- Start from : Block # : 451000
* Estimated time : July 23 22:00PM (USA EAST TIME ZONE)

V 1.4
  Security Update
  (1) "Unlock for PoS mining only" option has been added in Unlock wallet window, this option prevents coin sending while allowing PoS mining
 (2) Length of RPCALLOWIP parameter should be 8 characters or longer. Enforce a detailed IP address to be specified. Wildcards such as "*.*.*.*" or "*" are no longer allowed

Design Changes
  (1) Transaction list will be sorted by date instead of status. So, latest transaction will be on the top of list.
  (2) Unlock/Lock Wallet ICON on Toolbar/Menu added
  (3) Jackpot counter added on overview screen. It will start to sync after a couple of seconds
  (4) ICON & GRAPHIC design has been updated. Thanks to 1BTC from 'ddengle.com' Twitter @1_btc JMz9gAhz22fA9kx85zwS2ZSoTjiz2KbAiF
  (5) Minting status icon added on tray

Addtional Notes
  (1) Unconfirmed transactions are no longer listed in the transaction windows. (requires at least 1 confirmation)
  (2) Any orphans or unconfirmed information will be hidden

V1.3
(1) New logo and images
(2) latest checkpoints
(3) Misc fixes and performance improvements

V1.2
(1) coin control
(2) latest checkpoints
(3) changed JACKPOT to JPC

V1.1
MANDATORY
Fixes a flaw in the design that allowed unfair mining

V1.0
Original release

The dev on this coin has been busting his ass all along since the coins launch writing code.
no MIA vanishing act for 8 months or something cough cough.. Max Coin  Wink
and the guy has a lot more in the works too !

anyway he did that RPC security update a while back for a reason..
some Jackpot users got hit for coins and it's happened before on plenty of other coins
and anytime i mention it i usually get people mouthing me off saying duh.. and it's so common sense i should not have even said it.
well you guys just showed me it is in fact worth saying LOL

what happened in the JPC incident way back was, (so we heard via rumor i guess)
is that some hacker guy had simply collected the IP's from the wallet an easy trivial task
then he simply started trying to connect to them.. you can test your own wallet via your browser with the IP/Port too eh
and from there i dunno.. maybe he just started trying the default user pass combo's until he hit pay dirt.. not sure.
but there is no time out on password attempts i *think.
So a guy could kick back and brute force it as long as it takes until he has access.
and from there coins get stolen.. again i don't know how exactly or what ever but i do know it's been reported and confirmed by a lot of guys.

funny thing is i never even heard of the wild card thing until the jackpot coin wallet update LOL
i always just used localhost ip (127.0.0.1) an old school loopback address

..be safe guys  Wink

sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:10:54 AM

# Seed nodes
addnode=max.suprnova.cc

# Enable RPC
server=1
rpcallowip=*

# RPC information

# Mining
gen=0
par=2

enforcecheckpoint=false

*edit* Oh, OK, I see what you're saying.  If someone could take control of my router, theoretically they could send a transfer command to my wallet.  Not likely given the type of router security that I have.  But I can see your point.

check out this changelog for Jackpot coin.. see part bold underlined

CHANGELOG
V 1.5
(1) Coin split rule changes
    minimum time before coin split       : 2 days
    maximum time for non-split the coin  : 7 days
    maximum coins for non-split the coin : 100,000 or 1/64 of balance

(2) WalletFileName can be specified using command line option (-wallet "wallet.dat")

(3) Non-confirmed transaction will be displayed immediately
    Conflicted or Orphan/Unaccepted Transactions will be hidden
    It can be selected in option menu

(4) Windows system tray notifications can be disabled in option menu

(5) Minor GUI Changes
    - unlock/lock button has been removed from the Overview tab
    - option dialog has been reorganized
    - conflicted transaction icon has been added on transaction list
    - some messages have been detailed and tuned  

(6) Latest PoS/PoW/Kernel Checkpoint Updates

(7) openssl 1.0.1h

V 1.4.1 MANDATORY UPGRADE
(1) PoS bug patch
- Start from : Block # : 451000
* Estimated time : July 23 22:00PM (USA EAST TIME ZONE)

V 1.4
  Security Update
  (1) "Unlock for PoS mining only" option has been added in Unlock wallet window, this option prevents coin sending while allowing PoS mining
 (2) Length of RPCALLOWIP parameter should be 8 characters or longer. Enforce a detailed IP address to be specified. Wildcards such as "*.*.*.*" or "*" are no longer allowed

Design Changes
  (1) Transaction list will be sorted by date instead of status. So, latest transaction will be on the top of list.
  (2) Unlock/Lock Wallet ICON on Toolbar/Menu added
  (3) Jackpot counter added on overview screen. It will start to sync after a couple of seconds
  (4) ICON & GRAPHIC design has been updated. Thanks to 1BTC from 'ddengle.com' Twitter @1_btc JMz9gAhz22fA9kx85zwS2ZSoTjiz2KbAiF
  (5) Minting status icon added on tray

Addtional Notes
  (1) Unconfirmed transactions are no longer listed in the transaction windows. (requires at least 1 confirmation)
  (2) Any orphans or unconfirmed information will be hidden

V1.3
(1) New logo and images
(2) latest checkpoints
(3) Misc fixes and performance improvements

V1.2
(1) coin control
(2) latest checkpoints
(3) changed JACKPOT to JPC

V1.1
MANDATORY
Fixes a flaw in the design that allowed unfair mining

V1.0
Original release

The dev on this coin has been busting his ass all along since the coins launch writing code.
no MIA vanishing act for 8 months or something cough cough.. Max Coin  Wink
and the guy has a lot more in the works too !

anyway he did that RPC security update a while back for a reason..
some Jackpot users got hit for coins and it's happened before on plenty of other coins
and anytime i mention it i usually get people mouthing me off saying duh.. and it's so common sense i should not have even said it.
well you guys just showed me it is in fact worth saying LOL

what happened in the JPC incident way back was, (so we heard via rumor i guess)
is that some hacker guy had simply collected the IP's from the wallet an easy trivial task
then he simply started trying to connect to them.. you can test your own wallet via your browser with the IP/Port too eh
and from there i dunno.. maybe he just started trying the default user pass combo's until he hit pay dirt.. not sure.
but there is no time out on password attempts i *think.
So a guy could kick back and brute force it as long as it takes until he has access.
and from there coins get stolen.. again i don't know how exactly or what ever but i do know it's been reported and confirmed by a lot of guys.

funny thing is i never even heard of the wild card thing until the jackpot coin wallet update LOL
i always just used localhost ip (127.0.0.1) an old school loopback address

..be safe guys  Wink

Thanks for inform. I edited my conf file according to your advice. Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:58:52 AM

glad i could possibly help and maybe prevent someone from getting hacked LOL
i tried to just pass along the info i heard from other guys..
i am not an expert on hacking peoples wallets to steal coins ahhahah

Azure

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:10:16 AM

What's going on with MaxCoin?  My wallet won't synch.

I...
    a) (Waited a couple of hours for the blockchain to re-index, and it synched, worked fine.)
#4] Closed my wallet.

I've re-downloaded the blockchain twice now.  Each time it synchs to the most recent block, however, when I close my wallet and reopen it it stays out of synch.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:07:52 AM

What's going on with MaxCoin?  My wallet won't synch.

I...
#4] Closed my wallet.

I've re-downloaded the blockchain twice now.  Each time it synchs to the most recent block, however, when I close my wallet and reopen it it stays out of synch.

this is a well known problem all of us have and we're waiting for a fix the dev said he's working on..

don't turn your wallet off or as one guy suggested maybe trying syncing to block 60000 or what ever before it finishes syncing
and stop it and back up that block chain folder so you won't have to re-download it again..
OR if this is going to carry on for a long time ? maybe some nice guy can do that and upload it somewhere and share it for everyone ?

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:38:34 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 04:54:36 AM by Spoetnik

@Wolf0
No you look stupid for quoting me yet again for no apparent reason.
is there some reason you guys HAVE to do that constantly ? it's pretty damn irritating to have to scroll so damn much Sad

and by the way.. grow the fuck up and stick to the topic brat  Roll Eyes

it's exhausting trying to come here and check out coin activity and sift through comments from trolling little shits trying to mouth me off.

so are you kids done ? can we get on with some max coin talk ?
Such as any progress on the wallet update ?

or..

should we carry on quoting me 1,000 times trying to start petty little arguments in a desperate attempt to one up me ?

you guys are aware this forum is not ABOUT me right ?
feel free to talk about coins.. it won't bother me any Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: