Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:48:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates  (Read 36816 times)
Zed273

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:04:36 PM

How many stale shares are you guys getting?  I'm getting roughly 20% on antpool, seems pretty high. Is it normal or how can I fix the problem

That's very high on stale. I haven't used Antpool, but over the past 2 weeks, I've used MPH, Zhash-pro, Flypool and luxor and my stale shares top out at 1.2%, there was one time when it hit like 20%, but i restarted it and that issue hasn't come back.  Most of the OC is around 715 with temps around 70C.  

I think it's just antpool?

Antpool was giving me lots of rejected/stale shares.  Switched to Zhash.pro and it dropped to zero.

Now giving mining-dutch.nl a spin to see how that works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roc-noc

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:32:50 PM
Merited by hanskan (1)

How many stale shares are you guys getting?  I'm getting roughly 20% on antpool, seems pretty high. Is it normal or how can I fix the problem

I mined ZEC on Antpool using my first Z9 mini for a week.  My ping time (I'm in the US near Chicago) was about 1000 ms.  Had a high percentage of stale shares but I didn't record it.

I set another Z9 mini to Flypool using their US server.  Ping time was about 25 ms.  I see less than 1% stale shares.

I was seeing an average 5% better payout on Flypool over Antpool.  So I switched all ZEC miners to Flypool.
greyday (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:36:52 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 07:56:52 PM by greyday

Working but not recommended:
Bitcoin Interest Official pool (BCI)* (haven't paid out to wallet in close to two weeks, no effective way to contact)

Who is reporting this? are they sure they are using the correct deposit address? I have been getting paid several times an hour since I started mining here on 6/25/18

proof (shows total paid): https://pool.bci-server.com/workers/i7pbwMvGottXco9L8MQ3PDN4U5AyYhrdqQ
Can second this. Their pool is paying me out just fine.

That one I am personally. Been trying for a couple weeks to get them to pay out, there's been a balance stuck for some reason. I can't use Telegram, which is the only real response I am getting from them ("contact us on telegram"). But if you guys are being paid out currently I'll remove the note and put it back on the main list, it may just be a specific case problem and not an overall one.
roc-noc

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:38:47 PM

Has anyone done a full analysis of profitability per pool yet?

What does a full analysis look like?  I assume you have to mine PPS to remove the luck factor.

I have only used PPLNS.
greyday (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:49:02 PM

Has anyone done a full analysis of profitability per pool yet?

That's a far more general mining analysis. This thread is just specifically about what works and doesn't with the Z9. You'd have a lot more luck searching for that in the forum overall and, if nothing comes up (though I'll bet tons of threads do), starting a separate one/doing your own comparisons. Smiley
greyday (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:58:34 PM

Block found.

powermining pool gave me .17 ZEN for 13 hours of mining.

Huh Huh

BEWARE of this pool

Just like greyday says, you where paid your shares on hashes submitted for current block, and that block was bad luck to say it plain and simple. Next block, may be better - no one knows.
A large pool means more frequent small payouts, while small pools means less frequent larger payouts - however there is more luck involved in small pools, but in the end all should average to about ~100% luck. Since you have now been on a bad luck round and probably have left the pool, you will not be on a good luck round to turn your profits back to where it should be. Smaller pools also usually have smaller fees, faster and better support and are constantly trying to integrate new features to attract more miners.

though the owner MAY want to choose a different name for the pool, the old Powermining was definitely a scam and shut down by the SEC

Was not aware of the previous Powermining until after i started Powermining. That kind of sucks.

yeah dude I don't have time to sit around gambling

Sorry, good luck with your pool

No offense, but if that's the case then in future I suggest researching your pools better. I don't use their pool personally, but I do use some smaller ones and that's just how they work.
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:29:58 PM

Block found.

powermining pool gave me .17 ZEN for 13 hours of mining.

Huh Huh

BEWARE of this pool

Just like greyday says, you where paid your shares on hashes submitted for current block, and that block was bad luck to say it plain and simple. Next block, may be better - no one knows.
A large pool means more frequent small payouts, while small pools means less frequent larger payouts - however there is more luck involved in small pools, but in the end all should average to about ~100% luck. Since you have now been on a bad luck round and probably have left the pool, you will not be on a good luck round to turn your profits back to where it should be. Smaller pools also usually have smaller fees, faster and better support and are constantly trying to integrate new features to attract more miners.

though the owner MAY want to choose a different name for the pool, the old Powermining was definitely a scam and shut down by the SEC

Was not aware of the previous Powermining until after i started Powermining. That kind of sucks.

yeah dude I don't have time to sit around gambling

Sorry, good luck with your pool

No offense, but if that's the case then in future I suggest researching your pools better. I don't use their pool personally, but I do use some smaller ones and that's just how they work.

No offense taken, i've never joined a midget pool before.

No more.
steelminer

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:02:19 PM

How has mining been on mining-dutch.nl?  Their equihash looks very interesting.
Zed273

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:19:22 AM

How has mining been on mining-dutch.nl?  Their equihash looks very interesting.

The equihash autoswitch pool was too small for my liking.  I was 7-10% of hashpower with just one Z9.  Finding blocks took too long so I switched to miningpoolhub which has a more consistent payout schedule (because the pool is much bigger).
blf0005

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:00:55 AM

I've stuck to mining ZEN on mining pool hub for some time now and profits are still holding steady. here are my updated stats over the last 8 days. Depending on Whether or not a fork is announced I am planning to stick to ZEN for a while.

To date my Z9 has mined just over 0.1 BTC equivalent. Thats from June 22 to July 7. I am hopeful at this point to at minimum reach break even of 0.22 BTC.

https://i.imgur.com/1UdLZF0.png
hanskan

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:44:44 AM

How many stale shares are you guys getting?  I'm getting roughly 20% on antpool, seems pretty high. Is it normal or how can I fix the problem

No such problems with flypool. after 24hrs i seem to get bit more than in antpool.
Joshargh

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:05:18 AM

Hey all,

https://minez.zone is up and running smoothly with no issues  Smiley

I've been mining ZCL and BTCP with no rejections. The pool hosts ZEN, ZCL, BTCP, HUSH, BCI & BTCZ (no z9 for BTCZ due to zhash fork)

PhAlAnXcOiN
Copper Member

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:41:57 PM

***BE ADVISED IF YOU ARE MINING BITCOIN INTEREST***

There are 3 exchanges (that have any volume to the point you could move some coin): Bitfinex, HitBTC and tradesatoshi.

Obviously not many of us have accounts at Bitfinex such that a minimum account opening size is $10,000 and you have to be active etc. So that leads us with HitBTC as the only real exchange with real trade volume to trade value if mining BCI. Well not anymore guys, they are refusing deposits to the behest of BCI's devs claiming that if deposits were opened up, 51% attacks would start occurring again.

So myself, as well as anyone else is forced to use tradesatoshi to offload their BCI until the coin's fork to x16r as they jump on the parade to hide from the evil asics as other coins have done.

The price is only about 10% lower on tradesatoshi right now and those deposits are actually functioning so i've heard. I'm going to make a small deposit to verify, then transfer the rest before BCI dumps hard when HitBTC opens up deposits again due to all those like me that are frustrated in having their funds locked up.

Strange that there are no more 51% attacks on BCI even though tradesatoshi deposits are working, of which would still allow attackers a gateway to sell stolen coins.... Roll Eyes
d.v.

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:23:42 AM

There are 3 exchanges (that have any volume to the point you could move some coin): Bitfinex, HitBTC and tradesatoshi.

Obviously not many of us have accounts at Bitfinex such that a minimum account opening size is $10,000 and you have to be active etc. So that leads us with HitBTC as the only real exchange with real trade volume to trade value if mining BCI. Well not anymore guys, they are refusing deposits to the behest of BCI's devs claiming that if deposits were opened up, 51% attacks would start occurring again.

So myself, as well as anyone else is forced to use tradesatoshi to offload their BCI until the coin's fork to x16r as they jump on the parade to hide from the evil asics as other coins have done.

The price is only about 10% lower on tradesatoshi right now and those deposits are actually functioning so i've heard. I'm going to make a small deposit to verify, then transfer the rest before BCI dumps hard when HitBTC opens up deposits again due to all those like me that are frustrated in having their funds locked up.

Strange that there are no more 51% attacks on BCI even though tradesatoshi deposits are working, of which would still allow attackers a gateway to sell stolen coins.... Roll Eyes

interesting. was in their discord and they shooting to fork by end of July. i guess it's time to start unloading some of my BCI.
MinerLamp

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

Why do you think the price will go down?
Tailgunner

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:57:53 PM

Did your test deposit go through? BCI has had me sweating for the past week and i'm quickly losing confidence in it, but no other equihash coins i'm aware of look very promising to me. I refuse to mine ZEC because of the 20% dev fee.
tradinghero79

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:41:41 PM

I am curious about a status update on hashrate vs actual mined ZEN.
I run 3*Z9 on zhash.pro with a total of 50.2 ksol/s and I just mined 3.77 ZEN / 24 hours. It is under the whattomine projection and also under the zhash.pro projected payout.

Anyone else? Is ZEC more profitable on a certain pool?
steelminer

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:01:03 PM

I am curious about a status update on hashrate vs actual mined ZEN.
I run 3*Z9 on zhash.pro with a total of 50.2 ksol/s and I just mined 3.77 ZEN / 24 hours. It is under the whattomine projection and also under the zhash.pro projected payout.

Anyone else? Is ZEC more profitable on a certain pool?

That actually looks pretty close to zen earning projections for last 24 hrs.  Luck is a factor as well as what hashrate is being reported received at the pool.  I've earned slightly less last 24 hrs at miningpoolhub doing the equihash switching pool and exchanging into btc.
PhAlAnXcOiN
Copper Member

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:24:09 PM

Did your test deposit go through? BCI has had me sweating for the past week and i'm quickly losing confidence in it, but no other equihash coins i'm aware of look very promising to me. I refuse to mine ZEC because of the 20% dev fee.

Yeah the deposits went through just fine, looking to dump it on the market right now actually
greyday (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:55:12 PM

I have zero confidence if their official pool is any indication.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: