Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:24:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates  (Read 36809 times)
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:29:18 PM

Are there any multi pools (Autoswitch) ZEC, ZCL, ZEN, CMD, HUSH, BTCP?...  All in one shop?
Cheers
Jay

The only auto-switch pool that I know of is Mining Pool Hub (MPH). I've been mining there for the last weeks, but recently my profit is much lower than what I was calculating through whattomine. MPH offers Equihash mining only for ZEC, ZCL and ZEN with auto-exchange to your preferred coin.
I am currently on MPH, what do you thin the reason for the lower profits are?...as per calculation on WTM?...  Are  you still on MPH?.. Its the only autoswitch pool that i know of ZCL ZEN ZEC

Prohashing is another one, never tried though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Larsus

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:14:46 PM

zpool is another one
Sprucemoose78

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:24:24 PM

Are there any multi pools (Autoswitch) ZEC, ZCL, ZEN, CMD, HUSH, BTCP?...  All in one shop?
Cheers
Jay

The only auto-switch pool that I know of is Mining Pool Hub (MPH). I've been mining there for the last weeks, but recently my profit is much lower than what I was calculating through whattomine. MPH offers Equihash mining only for ZEC, ZCL and ZEN with auto-exchange to your preferred coin.
I am currently on MPH, what do you thin the reason for the lower profits are?...as per calculation on WTM?...  Are  you still on MPH?.. Its the only autoswitch pool that i know of ZCL ZEN ZEC

I left MPH yesterday and moved to Flypool. When Nanopool opened today, I switched over to them.
I'm not completely sure why my profits were lower on MPH, but I have some suggestions.

Firstly, it seems that MPH systematically overestimates ZEN value compared to whattomine. So, MPH will choose to mine ZEN more often than it "should".
Secondly, there is an extra fee for auto-exchange, that I use. It's only 0.2%, but it's not zero.
Thirdly, as for all switch-mining, in the time it takes to mine, confirm, transfer and exchange, the price of the coin may have fallen.
Lastly, the switch algorithm itself may be a culprit. MPH seems to continuously check which coin is the most profitable, but it won't switch until it finds a block of whatever it is mining at the moment. I think this is done to offset the penalty imposed due to the PPLNS payout scheme. But it has a serious backside.  If a coin that MPH mines suddenly gets a big difficulty spike, it won't switch until a block is found, no matter what. I've seen my own miners churning away on a high difficulty ZEC for a couple of hours even when ZEC was at the bottom of the whattomine list.
hillbilli

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:25:08 PM

I'm running my z9 on the Brothers Zclassic Pool and have 3 times more Discarded shares then accepted, whats going wrong or what i'm doing wrong?`

htautosjay

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:32:30 PM

I'm running my z9 on the Brothers Zclassic Pool and have 3 times more Discarded shares then accepted, whats going wrong or what i'm doing wrong?`

nothing, some pools give rejects.. see page 1 of this thread for working and tested pools
hillbilli

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:14:11 PM

I have 0 rejected shares, the hashrate seems to be accurate on the poolside, just this discarded shares are strange.
i read in another tread that i can ignore them, now whats correct?

htautosjay

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:40:51 PM

I have 0 rejected shares, the hashrate seems to be accurate on the poolside, just this discarded shares are strange.
i read in another tread that i can ignore them, now whats correct?

Discarded  are fine as long as they are not massively high..
does the pool show you a rejection % if its over 1% reboot the miner or switch pools... that is my advice others may say different, but Z9's have a 0% Diffa rate and very low rejection. just jump onto another pool and trial it out..
hillbilli

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:48:20 PM

Thanks for your information.

Appreciate
Zed273

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:30:29 PM

I left MPH yesterday and moved to Flypool. When Nanopool opened today, I switched over to them.
I'm not completely sure why my profits were lower on MPH, but I have some suggestions.

Firstly, it seems that MPH systematically overestimates ZEN value compared to whattomine. So, MPH will choose to mine ZEN more often than it "should".
Secondly, there is an extra fee for auto-exchange, that I use. It's only 0.2%, but it's not zero.
Thirdly, as for all switch-mining, in the time it takes to mine, confirm, transfer and exchange, the price of the coin may have fallen.
Lastly, the switch algorithm itself may be a culprit. MPH seems to continuously check which coin is the most profitable, but it won't switch until it finds a block of whatever it is mining at the moment. I think this is done to offset the penalty imposed due to the PPLNS payout scheme. But it has a serious backside.  If a coin that MPH mines suddenly gets a big difficulty spike, it won't switch until a block is found, no matter what. I've seen my own miners churning away on a high difficulty ZEC for a couple of hours even when ZEC was at the bottom of the whattomine list.

My theory is that the autoswitch pool is so big on MPH it actually "moves the market".  As soon as MPH identifies a currency for the autoswitchers to move to, about 10MH+ switch to the new currency and spike difficulty just from their move alone.  So the currency from which the autoswitchers moved sees a difficulty drop and those mining that currency still get the benefit.

Just a theory, but I found autoswitch wasn't as good as dedicating to one currency which was consistently overperforming on WTM over the last 24-48hrs.
jimsta

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:19:00 PM

Same here, when I was trying to track it, the autoswitch returned less.  ALot also had to deal with market prices of the alts as well.... it just wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. So i just stuck to 1 currency.

My theory is that the autoswitch pool is so big on MPH it actually "moves the market".  As soon as MPH identifies a currency for the autoswitchers to move to, about 10MH+ switch to the new currency and spike difficulty just from their move alone.  So the currency from which the autoswitchers moved sees a difficulty drop and those mining that currency still get the benefit.

Just a theory, but I found autoswitch wasn't as good as dedicating to one currency which was consistently overperforming on WTM over the last 24-48hrs.
OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:44:36 PM

Same here, when I was trying to track it, the autoswitch returned less.  ALot also had to deal with market prices of the alts as well.... it just wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. So i just stuck to 1 currency.

Anyone have a few Z9/minis so they could run MPH-autoswitch vs. something like Prohashing for 48h, at the same time? I've tried to alternate pools... but small differences in pricing on different days always throw things off: it would be best to have 2+ Z9's in parallel to get comparable numbers.
greyday (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:01:02 AM

Same here, when I was trying to track it, the autoswitch returned less.  ALot also had to deal with market prices of the alts as well.... it just wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. So i just stuck to 1 currency.

Anyone have a few Z9/minis so they could run MPH-autoswitch vs. something like Prohashing for 48h, at the same time? I've tried to alternate pools... but small differences in pricing on different days always throw things off: it would be best to have 2+ Z9's in parallel to get comparable numbers.

You're not going to get an accurate number, there's variation in each machine that will throw off results. I will say that MPH with auto-conversion has exceeded whattomine highest daily income estimates (of any coin) for me for the past 4-5 days. As with all things, ymmv (and the value of BTC of course plays into the math as well), but I'm overall doing better at this point using it than staying with one coin.
bminer.ca

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 03:06:23 AM

You can use products like bminer or awesome miner to set your own autoswitch system. Clearly it has been way better for me than autoswitch or sticking to one coin.
itsmaupool

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 03:35:16 PM

ADD TO LIST
Console : console.maupool.com

Tested with proof to work with ASICs (but you can do your own research)

https://ibb.co/g6WSEe
https://ibb.co/fE3JLK
https://ibb.co/d3y2fK
fortozs

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:27:35 PM

Cheers
Jay

Zergpool has switching on the smaller Equihash coins. Most of them except ZEC and ZEN. Been doing pretty good so far.
htautosjay

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:30:10 PM

Cheers
Jay

Zergpool has switching on the smaller Equihash coins. Most of them except ZEC and ZEN. Been doing pretty good so far.
Cool I will have a look Thank you.
I am back on Antpool, been on autoswitch on MPH but i think i it may be better just mining one coin and getting paid every 24 hours..
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:58:09 PM

BCI is forking from equihash
mfurman

Activity: 173
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:32:30 PM

When is it forking from Equihash? No information on their Web site
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:43:19 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2616641.0

yeah its not widely publicized, but there
is only 2.15 MSol/s on thier network.

is that 2,100,000 sols?  if so thats like only 210 z9s
worth of hash.  It should barely affect profiblity.

it was 10 times more than that a few days ago tho, ppl are leaving the network
bc the rewards have stopped i hear for last 100 blocks
fortozs

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:03:05 PM

Tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: