Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31411 times)
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:30:31 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
You intend to say that we should buy a hardware wallet like Ledger, Trazor or other hardware wallet brands is available on the world, is right? Honestly, the developers of any cryptocurrency still want the crypto user's use the core wallet (the first wallet release or the official wallet can sync blockchain data). Because more people use core wallet, it can create a strong system to against attack 51% on the network or attack hacking by the hacker.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
siap86

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:16:58 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

You should avoid phishing sites and all links point you somewhere, because it can be ascertained that something that looks interesting is better it is a big lie. You can also go offline wallets that can be integrated with metamasks to make it more secure.
Maxpayne86

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:24:33 AM

Only very very new on btt and cryptoworld doesn't know that you don't need to share your private keys of any of your wallets, but in other you may buy ledger and use hardware wallet, for sure
Neved1975

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:02:34 PM

Many methods to guard your wallet from hackers. you can use metamask I assume. Or if you have money then you can buy ledger pockets. because I suppose the ledger pockets may be very safe due to the fact it's far our own control whilst we want to make transactions. this is all I suppose.
rosebit

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:08:29 PM

I believe that one should not leave the wallet address on his or her email.
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:28:58 PM

Yes, this is the right strategy in relation to hacking the wallet.It is better to try not to use your private key anywhere.Also I would like to advise not to go for various obscure references.And if possible, do not surf sites from the browser on which you enter your secret key.Just do not add unknown extensions to your browser.So the probability of hacking is less
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:30:43 PM

Unfortunately, today it is very difficult to do this, because if these guys really want to steal something from you, then nothing hinders them, everything will depend on whether you have a lot of money. Therefore, the most important thing is just do not tell anyone and nothing.
Crypto.Expert

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:39:04 PM

I was using the hardware wallet it is way safer, then you should not be a victim of phishing to which it is a main problem of a user.
fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:40:16 AM

I think the best way to protect your funds from hackers is to buy a hardware wallet. You can also store your savings in different wallets.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:44:31 AM

If you could not afford a Ledger yet, split funds on multiple wallets. Store priv keys in an encrypted file.
If your crypto funds are now worth more than $2,000, I would strongly recommend a Ledger as it would only cost around $200.
ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:48:32 AM

The coolest way is to use mew offline on a device not connected to the Internet, this method is the safest

Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:12:38 AM

If you could not afford a Ledger yet, split funds on multiple wallets. Store priv keys in an encrypted file.
If your crypto funds are now worth more than $2,000, I would strongly recommend a Ledger as it would only cost around $200.
This wallet problem exist for a long time now. Every now and then someone's wallet got hacked that is why i am very cautious when i am making my wallet online. Have heard of this Ledger but don't know how it works and where could we buy it. Would appreciate if you can post a link where we can get it.
boolean420

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:17:56 AM

The best possible way to do that is to put your cold wallet on a pc without internet connection. Turn on the internet connection to send out the amount of coins to your "HOT" wallet and then turn off the internet again. That's as safe as it gets, maybe keep it on a usb which you do not connect anywhere else and place it in a well locked drawer.
Milla Kross

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:24:19 AM

Yes, this is a problem for all of us. Scammers have already learned how to crack wallets. What do you experience every time. When you want to change your wallet again or buy it. Therefore, personally my advice. To have not one purse. For safety.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:28:52 AM

The best possible way to do that is to put your cold wallet on a pc without internet connection. Turn on the internet connection to send out the amount of coins to your "HOT" wallet and then turn off the internet again. That's as safe as it gets, maybe keep it on a usb which you do not connect anywhere else and place it in a well locked drawer.
To protect your wallet from hacker you need to make a very strong password like combination of letter and number and dont save it to your computer make a hardcopy of your password. Always use different email accounts for every account you create on each exchange. Only use that email address when accessing that specific exchange. And lastly used unique password for every account to minimize the damage that hackers can do if they get a hold of one password.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
dropper01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:57:03 AM

The most important thing in maintaining an account do not ever give a password to anyone while it is not the person we entrust. And sometimes there are lots of phishing links that go into the e-mail and don't open phishing links once in a while if the e-mail sender is not clear. So our caution is expected.
Andrew Clinton

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:59:46 AM

i think really hard to protect our wallets. There are constant threats to us and often we deal with hackers who have done bad deeds.
fabuloveu

Activity: 462

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:07:36 AM

The value of digital money is huge. So You should not let anyone know your wallet password and wallet file. You have to be careful with phishing sites.

No wants to give away their personal details to others but scammers are very smart to steal things from common people.

If you can afford to buy hardware wallets then it will be the best option to protect you but if you can't afford then on the PC where you usually login into any of the online wallet don't download unnecessary things on that PC and use good anti-virus software to protect your PC from unknown viruses.

It is true that a very good Anti-virus software will protect you from unknown viruses. I almost got phished yesterday,if not because of my kaspersky internet security which i configure to help me monitor my some site like myetherwallet and other exchange  that i used. Immediately i opened the link from my email, it got blocked by my antivirus but later i allowed it to know what is happening then i saw it is phised website that want me to enter my wallet id for a 5000 token. I insert my wallet id and as i click submit, my antivirus blocked it again and report it the site as phised site.

aonfons

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 09:13:36 AM

1) since entering into crypto i had to buy kasperky copyright software. That is the first thing you have to do
2) The best you should have a machine to specialize transactions, limited software installation, receiving strange mail ...
prdn

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:18:01 AM

There are hardware wallets and the prices are very reasonable. I don't understand why people take risks by not using hardware wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: