Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:34:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31411 times)
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:28:20 PM

Keeping your private keys in a safe place is the key to protecting you from hackers. Never give anyone your private keys, especially if it is required to receive coins from the next fork.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:39:28 PM

Never take your time when entering your wallets data anywhere. Always check several times where you are and what data you currently have on the clipboard.
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 07:51:10 PM

To be super secure the best option would be for me to have separate pc with Mac OS and to use hardware wallet. Firewall should be enabled.

Game of Links

cyber~license©
baobao2000

Activity: 462
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:33:11 PM

The security is a big problem with cryptocurrency at moment. I heard so many stories and news that people has been hacked last year. It looks like too easy for hacker to get away with things, there are so many scammers and I am really hopping there would have an organisation to track down hackers in the future.
Tahdayi

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:38:18 PM

Well, for example to a hacked mew , I keep the key on a sheet of paper or kept in electronic form that can often have your key , you also need to install plugins to protect against phishing

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
Simu111

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:43:59 PM

Actually I don't know how to protect my wallets from hacker but its a big challenge for me. so i wanna know how it possible or what should I do.?
Yourodiviy

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:59:22 PM

Never store private keys and passwords on your work computer. Or on paper or on a flash drive that you connect without the Internet. In general, it is safest to use cold wallets such as ledger, trezor, without physically pressing the button it is impossible to perform a single action with the means.

imusify Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted
Whitepaper ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN Explainer Video
Crystal Method

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:22:57 PM

Have some tips for owners of BTC:
Firstly if you have bought and stored BTC online your responsibility would be to protect your account.
 Use only a secure password
Turn on  2FA
Make sure you have withdrawal alerts switched on
Make sure you have Ip location activated

Off line
Keep offline storage device safe
Make sure you tell no one passwords and other stuff.
RareFortune

Activity: 602
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:49:48 PM

The security is a big problem with cryptocurrency at moment. I heard so many stories and news that people has been hacked last year. It looks like too easy for hacker to get away with things, there are so many scammers and I am really hopping there would have an organisation to track down hackers in the future.

Hackers are everywhere but luckily we have some White Hat Hackers who are helping to track down those hackers that become a virus inside or outside of cryptospace. If we are staying long on this space then we should educate our self on how to protect assets since crypto is now becoming a mainstream.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 09:54:56 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
I consider wallet security to be more of a personal or private issue. Every individual have their own technique of protecting their coins which I guess will be working for them. You don't have to expose all tips.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:59:42 PM

Everything is quite simple. First of all, observe anonymity, no one should know who you are and what means you have. Do not tell anyone what you do,
except for people close to you, so it will be more difficult to carry out a targeted attack against you. Everything else revolves around the security of private keys.

██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:05:31 PM

In general, it is safest to use cold wallets such as ledger, trezor, without physically pressing the button it is impossible to perform a single action with the means.
Yep. The simple and safe way to protect the wallet from hackers is just to use a cold-storage software wallet and or hardware wallet.

best to use  hardware wallet myetherwallet suggest.
Oops. MEW is not a hardware wallet, only a web-wallet that is very vulnerable if you neglectful to maintain your private key.
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:16:14 PM

hardware wallet and offline wallets are the best for protection as anything online risk of hacks & atacks and what happened to myetherwallet or you can devide it to some online wallet

Free palestine
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:18:26 PM

I believe the first step to security is privacy.
Keeping your crypto holdings from the public eye will make you less of a target of hackers since they don't know what you have.

However I think hardware wallets are the safest ways of keeping cryptos, and private keys should always be stored offline and preferably in a dog tag stainless steel which cannot be destroyed by water or fire.

marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:29:22 PM

You really need to refrain yourself for accessing any sites that can be contained with malicious app that can phished your wallet. Secure your wallet and keep your keys especially your private keys safe in your hands.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 11:29:07 PM

You really need to refrain yourself for accessing any sites that can be contained with malicious app that can phished your wallet. Secure your wallet and keep your keys especially your private keys safe in your hands.
Phishing sites are the main reason why someone's wallet was accessed somewhere. A person that isn't aware of it doesn't really protect himself and he just logs whenever he see that the site he visit looks similar to the real one. He won't check the letters if they are properly arranged and will not notice if some spelling aren't correct. Start being educating ourselves through checking the URL and using the 'bookmark' feature of a browser will really help.

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:34:43 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 02:48:02 AM by Question123

Remembers hackers is always there they are smart and we need to be smart too. Always watching every link you click because that is pishing link maybe. Stop hackers by simple protecting yourself and awaring other people let's help to destroy hackers and scammer.
Barbatos

Activity: 272
Merit: 11

www.becent.com

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:39:55 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

The easiest way to keep your own account safe is to have an offline wallet. It will be available only to you, but for greater security, you can give it to someone.

makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:23:21 PM

I will support people to try to be more attentive today, because hackers are breaking into people or some small systems today, because all this is only an opportunity for future hacking, if you have some constancy
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:24:51 PM

The best protection is to use cryptocurrency wallets on the Linux operating system. It is not subject to attack by viruses and other malicious programs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: