Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:00:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 545 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt.CC | Scrypt Cloud Mining  (Read 750507 times)
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:55:30 AM

Oh noes! Some random on the internet just made arbitrary slights against me, well, my forum avatar/persona 'me'.

I haz a sad.

In other news, check out my new sig! Got the idea from another genius. It is Genius!

So how come 'Admin' doesn't answer the sticky problem of his 850GH/s of scrypt mining not actually fitting anywhere in the known crypto Universe?

Might it be because he doesn't actually have 850GH/s of scrypt mining power? Or maybe it is because he doesn't actually have 850Gh/s of scrypt mining power. Hmmm, tricky . . .which one is it?

so LTC has a network hashrate of 1.1TH/s.
DOGE has 1TH/s
SYS has 800 Ghash
VIA has 700Ghash

that's around 3.5 - 4 TH/s.  Scrypt.cc claim to have 850ghash which is not even 1/4 of the top 4 coins.  Then there's another 50 - 100ghash for the next 20 coins in the list which means scrypt.cc.

Is it not plausible then that the 850ghash is legit?

I'd like some answers from someone apart from Cryptodevil here too pls.

Answer is very simple - DOGE, SYS, and VIA are merge-mined with LTC so it's the same hash being reused. Doge isn't mined alone anymore so all that hash on the Doge network is recycled from LTC and other "main" coins. Same with SYS and VIA. TL;DR, there's not 3.6 Th/s of unique Scrypt power making up those networks. Look up merged mining on this forum for additional info and this will make sense. Since merge mining is in play, its not just as simple as adding the hashrates of all the coins. Not to mention that on a lot of the smaller coins, multipools switch on and off so often that accurate hashrate estimates are hard to get.

This is why it's important to understand mining if you're an investor in a "mining" fund of some sort.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThePhwner

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:05:33 PM

Why do you guys care so much, how much crypto-karma do you think you'll get? I find it amusing you argue so vehemently about this and yet say you don't really care. All of the posts, for and against, have no impact on the site or people sending them new coins.

I initially invested in SCC because its advertised as a Scrypt mining operation and Marcelo tells a good story on the surface to back that up. Going so far as to explain a long outage as requiring a DC move because of changes in power contracts, etc. But once you watch for a couple weeks and examine the facts, it becomes obvious that the entire premise of the site is a lie. I would imagine that only a small % of the users of the site have any mining experience or knowledge and for those that do, sharing it can provide much-needed insight. Whether I get crypto-karma, isn't relevant.

I care I guess because I want to put the facts about this place to light, maybe help others not get sucked in, and quite honestly, do what I can to keep crap like this out of crypto. I know it's a futile fight and I'm just one more dickhead with a keyboard but hey why not try...

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 12:07:12 PM

Hi guys and girls!
Can you please advise whether it's safe to invest now?
Thanks!

Where are these idiots coming from?

Of course it isn't safe, they are running a ponzi scheme, not mining!

Seriously, is there another forum or place where they are promoting scrypt.cc because I find it hard to believe that this thread is the only source of discussion about it because, if it was, nobody with half a brain and a pinch of morality would be willing to continue supporting this criminal enterprise.

scrypt.cc is promoted quite a lot at hashtalk.ch, hashclub.org and talk.paycoin.com. Just do a Google search for other sites.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:55:59 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 01:19:26 PM by cryptodevil

scrypt.cc is promoted quite a lot at hashtalk.ch, hashclub.org and talk.paycoin.com. Just do a Google search for other sites.

Thanks, I might go take a look.

[edit] Eesh, just did, they're dumber than a bag of rocks and it isn't helping them that badbitcoin.org is also shilling furiously for this scam as they, for some reason, trust Vik almost as much as they originally trusted the ultimate GawTard, Homero Joshua Garza. Even in the face of incontrovertible proof they'll still deny it and call for Vik to start her 'Bodysnatchers'-stylee screeching.

Why do you guys care so much, how much crypto-karma do you think you'll get? I find it amusing you argue so vehemently about this and yet say you don't really care. All of the posts, for and against, have no impact on the site or people sending them new coins.

The question is, why do you care so much about the truth being posted in this discussion?

You *do* know, right, that complaining about Facts U Dislike being posted in a discussion thread normally singles you out to be a shill or even part of the scammer group themselves?

The more vociferous your complaint about the truth being 'outed', the more likely it is you are already aware of it and want to keep it quiet so you can continue to profit off other people's naivete and ignorance.

Either way it suggests questionable intellectual integrity and low moral standards.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:42:36 PM

Thanks, I might go take a look.

[edit] Eesh, just did, they're dumber than a bag of rocks and it isn't helping them that badbitcoin.org is also shilling furiously for this scam as they, for some reason, trust Vik almost as much as they originally trusted the ultimate GawTard, Homero Joshua Garza. Even in the face of incontrovertible proof they'll still deny it and call for Vik to start her 'Bodysnatchers'-stylee screeching.

The question is, why do you care so much about the truth being posted in this discussion?

You *do* know, right, that complaining about Facts U Dislike being posted in a discussion thread normally singles you out to be a shill or even part of the scammer group themselves?

The more vociferous your complaint about the truth being 'outed', the more likely it is you are already aware of it and want to keep it quiet so you can continue to profit off other people's naivete and ignorance.

Either way it suggests questionable intellectual integrity and low moral standards.

Enjoy your crusade of futility.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:49:52 PM

Enjoy your crusade of futility.

Oh it is never futile when there's always the chance to show that scumbitch Vik from badbitcoin.org to be the immoral shill she always has been.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
wannesd

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:50:54 PM

Not necessarily. It's normal behavior for people to want to keep believing in a lie, when they've already believed it before.
Especially if they have money invested in said lie.

But you bring up good points: "complaining about Facts U Dislike being posted in a discussion thread normally singles you out to be a shill or even part of the scammer group themselves"
This is what stops you guys from getting your point across. The fact is that you guys attack everybody who wants to keep on believing.
Ever think about the possibility that they themselves might be one of the innocent victims you are so furiously trying to protect?

Just because someone doesn't see things the way you see them, and wants to stubbornly keep on believing what you have proved to be wrong, doesn't make them amoral, stupid or a scammer.
Just a human being, hoping that you're wrong, and that he won't lose money.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:04:03 PM

This is what stops you guys from getting your point across. The fact is that you guys attack everybody who wants to keep on believing.
Ever think about the possibility that they themselves might be one of the innocent victims you are so furiously trying to protect?

Just because someone doesn't see things the way you see them, and wants to stubbornly keep on believing what you have proved to be wrong, doesn't make them amoral, stupid or a scammer.

Given that we can't tell who here is an 'innocent victim' stubbornly refusing to accept the truth or a paid shill/members of the criminal gang running these multiple ponzi scams, it is best to safely assume that anyone attempting to defend this fraudulent site in the face of indisputable facts is likely to be less than 'innocent'.

If I hurt the feelings of the 'innocents' or offend them in any way that's just too bad. I'm here to send a message, not pander to self-indulgent immature narcissists who cite 'tone complaint' as their only response to what I have to say.

For every one stubborn idiot in this thread who refuse to listen to the content of the message, there'll be dozens more who 'get it' and are better off for having 'got it'.

dsx666

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:26:46 PM

Again, These "nay sayers" keep on discouraging people joining SCC yet they always keep the thread up. Huh Huh  Roll Eyes

tsk.. got nothing to say no more.. hahaha but then again.. thanks for making SCC a hot topic..

chunker

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:30:29 PM

hey cryptodevil, you hate scc so much, but just imagine this "huge scam" will end. What you will do then? This thread will be dead and nobody will care. Your existence will not have sense anymore. Smiley , Im really sorry to say ..
hroub

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 03:49:44 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 04:06:54 PM by hroub

Oh noes! Some random on the internet just made arbitrary slights against me, well, my forum avatar/persona 'me'.

I haz a sad.

In other news, check out my new sig! Got the idea from another genius. It is Genius!

So how come 'Admin' doesn't answer the sticky problem of his 850GH/s of scrypt mining not actually fitting anywhere in the known crypto Universe?

Might it be because he doesn't actually have 850GH/s of scrypt mining power? Or maybe it is because he doesn't actually have 850Gh/s of scrypt mining power. Hmmm, tricky . . .which one is it?

so LTC has a network hashrate of 1.1TH/s.
DOGE has 1TH/s
SYS has 800 Ghash
VIA has 700Ghash

that's around 3.5 - 4 TH/s.  Scrypt.cc claim to have 850ghash which is not even 1/4 of the top 4 coins.  Then there's another 50 - 100ghash for the next 20 coins in the list which means scrypt.cc.

Is it not plausible then that the 850ghash is legit?

I'd like some answers from someone apart from Cryptodevil here too pls.

Who says its only mining scrypt coins? For these profits and ROI, it is more likely that other algos are being mined as well. According to the website, their "custom software mines the most profitable coins!". Last time I checked there are 78 crypto coins out there in 7 algorithms, and the hashing power is... I dont know how much, but probably more than 10 times the 850GH. Hamsterpool has some software that automatically switches your miner to the most profitable coin in an algorithm. Now if Scrypt.CC had their own miners, could they have a "custom software" that switches their miners to the most profitable algorithm and coin? I believe this operation takes a lot of work and time to maintain and keep running. I mean, I am 30 years old, never married and new to ScryptCC and I spent hours a day reinvesting and watching my KHS grow. Imagine how much it would take someone like Admin a day and he has family to look after, too. Don't be so pessimistic cryptodevil. They way you are reacting seems like you are from another competing service like hashnest. Unfortunately bitcoin is not as profitable these days with the current difficulty and people are forced to mine more profitable coins. I started my investment on June 6th. I cant say yet if this is a ponzi or not because, I have wont see my ROI until August 18th (73 days after my investment). If you want to be 100% safe, my advice for you is be neutral until you get proof of success or fail, otherwise you are just gambling, like everyone else owning a crypto coin.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:00:38 PM

Who says its only mining scrypt coins?

[expletive deleted] ASIC miners can only mine the specific ALGO they are designed for!

Bitcoin ASIC miners can only mine SHA256 coins and Litecoin ASIC miners can only mine Scrypt coins.

hroub

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 04:12:44 PM

[expletive deleted] ASIC miners can only mine the specific ALGO they are designed for!

Bitcoin ASIC miners can only mine SHA256 coins and Litecoin ASIC miners can only mine Scrypt coins.

SHA256 is like 27 coins. According to http://coinwik.org/List_of_all_DCs there are 174 scrypt or variation of scrypt coins. With custom software couldn't a scrypt miner mine the most profitable of the 174 scrypt coins?

ThePhwner

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:49:44 PM

Is that almost exactly what Garza said about Hashlets and Beekeeper said about Gen II asics, the "custom software" stuff?

ThePhwner

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:05:52 PM

SHA256 is like 27 coins. According to http://coinwik.org/List_of_all_DCs there are 174 scrypt or variation of scrypt coins. With custom software couldn't a scrypt miner mine the most profitable of the 174 scrypt coins?

Most of them don't have a big enough network to support this amt of hash or even a fraction of it. 850 Gh/s is a lot of Scrypt hash.

StevenLiang

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:13:08 PM

Given that we can't tell who here is an 'innocent victim' stubbornly refusing to accept the truth or a paid shill/members of the criminal gang running these multiple ponzi scams, it is best to safely assume that anyone attempting to defend this fraudulent site in the face of indisputable facts is likely to be less than 'innocent'.

If I hurt the feelings of the 'innocents' or offend them in any way that's just too bad. I'm here to send a message, not pander to self-indulgent immature narcissists who cite 'tone complaint' as their only response to what I have to say.

For every one stubborn idiot in this thread who refuse to listen to the content of the message, there'll be dozens more who 'get it' and are better off for having 'got it'.
Im agree with you cryptodevil.
For all readers : its your choice. All newbie here speak very loudly. so you cannot hear the warn from Senior, Hero member here. Take it wisely
Niemands

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:25:58 PM

Lol, that's true!  Grin
But being serious, have you guys analyzed the figures of daily investments into SCC over the last months?
Are these figures I'm seeing are from real people, or SCC consolidates some unused outputs regularly?
Again, I would really like to hear thoughts from normal people, not some preaching devils  Grin
Thanks!

hey cryptodevil, you hate scc so much, but just imagine this "huge scam" will end. What you will do then? This thread will be dead and nobody will care. Your existence will not have sense anymore. Smiley , Im really sorry to say ..

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:34:48 PM

You only need concern yourself with Litecoin and any coin with sufficient market liquidity which is more profitable than Litecoin to mine. There would be zero point in mining anything less profitable than Litecoin if you are seeking to sell what you are mining to earn the bitcoin that scrypt.cc 'pays out' every ten minutes.

Fact is you can check this yourself. Go to coinwarz.com and add up the total network Hashrate for Litecoin and any Scrypt coin above it in the list which isn't merge-mined with Litecoin.

Now add up the Hashrate of the public pools for those coins because scrypt.cc wouldn't be wasting money paying pool fees when they have way more than enough power to solo mine every coin including Litecoin, and deduct that total Hashrate of the public pools from the total Hashrate for the combined coin networks.

There is no space left to hide but a tiny fraction of scrypt.cc's claimed 850GH/s of Scrypt ASIC mining power.

Ergo, they are lying about mining with 850GH/s of scrypt hash power.

Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:53:08 PM

rewards and the price both have increased
now the only thing left is the price of khs to increase Grin
chunker

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:51:03 PM

rewards and the price both have increased
now the only thing left is the price of khs to increase Grin

thank you, time to buy some now and sell tomorrow
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 545 »
  Print  

Jump to: