Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:12:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 545 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt.CC | Scrypt Cloud Mining  (Read 750509 times)
christophorus

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:37:03 AM

It's painful to see how people are unwilling to admit this is a scam. Stop putting money in and try and get your money out ASAP. That's harder than ever now with "rewards" being down.
I'm still at a loss and I clocked to the scam months ago. Sadly I bought in when the price was significantly higher than it is now. 0.0015 per KHS if memory serves me correctly. Stop trying to shout down those telling you it's a scam and listen to their advice.

Just curious. Was no one mentioning it was a scam when you bought in?

Not that I saw but I didn't look. I was new to the scene and was looking for a way to make money. I was foolish and jumped in without thinking even after getting stung by a different scam, admittedly I managed to get my money back there. Now I know better. I just find it frustrating that many people are pointing out the problems with this site and people are still pouring more money in. I've still got 5000KHS in the site. I considered that money lost so I'm just pulling out everything scrap that I'm able to in the vain hope I manage to at least get my initial investment back. It's not money I couldn't afford to lose but I'd rather not lose it.
I'm genuinely worried for those people throwing 1000's into this site.

PSA: scrypt.cc is a scam, most likely of the "ponzi" variety. You will lose your money if you try to "invest" or "play" or whatever you want to call your participation in this shitshow. You've been warned.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:39:46 AM

Actually, Chris, it would be really helpful if you could describe how you first came to learn about scrypt.cc, whether it was through this forum or elsewhere, and whether there are any points along the process where information about their scam could be posted now in order to help others not fall into the same trap.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
CanariAnali

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:47:43 AM

I'm surprised that there are still people posting on this thread. I thought that the site went offline few months ago? That was already a red flag but then people were stubborn. That's why I don't invest in this type of investment.

That is when you listen to the morons that try to to bring the site down, some still advertising gambling sites.
Never mind I made just over 5,000 us$ as of today in the last 4 months :p

Well done buddy, i used scrypt quite alot untill recently with all the issues or excuses. scrypt was always good to me, but since i withdrew i dont think ill be risking it again in scrypt, usually when sites start having issues like this over a short time it only usually means one thing.

I understand very well, the biggest problem is always the greed getting rich... Not going to happened.
Sites like this you play with the admins thoughts, invest not to much and play later with profit. If you never withdraw you will get more but won't Win. Why not just being happy with a few hundred us$ a month, it helps a lot in life with most players.
cakk

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:59:47 AM

well, I've invesed with my friend, it was one week before the "hacking". I've invested like $10, and now I could get back 3$?
Not worth for me to cashout all of the khs what I have..
christophorus

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:01:00 AM

Actually, Chris, it would be really helpful if you could describe how you first came to learn about scrypt.cc, whether it was through this forum or elsewhere, and whether there are any points along the process where information about their scam could be posted now in order to help others not fall into the same trap.

Unfortunately I can't remember how I learnt about the site. It's possible it was through this site as I've not checked out other Bitcoin forums.

I signed up in April 2014 if that's any help.

The first red flag for me was that I raised a support ticket which was promptly deleted without any sign of it being resolved. I posted about it in the forums and was told I was being unreasonable expecting support on a beta site and that Admin had no time to reply to all tickets if the problem was resolved. Pointing out my problem wasn't resolved I was told to raise another ticket.

That's the point I concluded the site was either a scam or just badly run. I still erred towards the latter at that point. Annoyingly I couldn't properly exit the site as there'd been a massive drop in price of KHS at that point so whilst I was able to increase my position significantly I wasn't able to retrieve my original investment, I was close but not close enough. I decided to try and get clinical and ran a spreadsheet but the way the price dropped and the fact I have a job and couldn't capitalise on the random increases meant I couldn't make money quick enough. As I've said, wrote the money off and reinvested to have 5000KHS and have left it rolling ever since pulling money out as and when I can.

I can't give an exact time frame over this but I would guess at June 2014 I first used the word scam in relation to this site. Since then I've been trying to claw back that money.

I doubt I'll get my 0.4BTC back but I didn't spend what I couldn't afford to lose.

PSA: scrypt.cc is a scam, most likely of the "ponzi" variety. You will lose your money if you try to "invest" or "play" or whatever you want to call your participation in this shitshow. You've been warned.
cakk

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:09:06 AM

Unfortunately I can't remember how I learnt about the site. It's possible it was through this site as I've not checked out other Bitcoin forums.

I signed up in April 2014 if that's any help.

The first red flag for me was that I raised a support ticket which was promptly deleted without any sign of it being resolved. I posted about it in the forums and was told I was being unreasonable expecting support on a beta site and that Admin had no time to reply to all tickets if the problem was resolved. Pointing out my problem wasn't resolved I was told to raise another ticket.

That's the point I concluded the site was either a scam or just badly run. I still erred towards the latter at that point. Annoyingly I couldn't properly exit the site as there'd been a massive drop in price of KHS at that point so whilst I was able to increase my position significantly I wasn't able to retrieve my original investment, I was close but not close enough. I decided to try and get clinical and ran a spreadsheet but the way the price dropped and the fact I have a job and couldn't capitalise on the random increases meant I couldn't make money quick enough. As I've said, wrote the money off and reinvested to have 5000KHS and have left it rolling ever since pulling money out as and when I can.

I can't give an exact time frame over this but I would guess at June 2014 I first used the word scam in relation to this site. Since then I've been trying to claw back that money.

I doubt I'll get my 0.4BTC back but I didn't spend what I couldn't afford to lose.
I'm hoping you'll get back your money, but now as it looks like it'll be impossible. Admin manipualting the prices on the site, and the rewards are still low.
Before the "hacking" I got more reward with less khs than now...
ph3or

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:14:48 AM

I'm surprised that there are still people posting on this thread. I thought that the site went offline few months ago? That was already a red flag but then people were stubborn. That's why I don't invest in this type of investment.

That is when you listen to the morons that try to to bring the site down, some still advertising gambling sites.
Never mind I made just over 5,000 us$ as of today in the last 4 months :p

Well done buddy, i used scrypt quite alot untill recently with all the issues or excuses. scrypt was always good to me, but since i withdrew i dont think ill be risking it again in scrypt, usually when sites start having issues like this over a short time it only usually means one thing.

I understand very well, the biggest problem is always the greed getting rich... Not going to happened.
Sites like this you play with the admins thoughts, invest not to much and play later with profit. If you never withdraw you will get more but won't Win. Why not just being happy with a few hundred us$ a month, it helps a lot in life with most players.

I agree buddy, its about taking calculated risks with these types of investments, because the rug could be pulled from your feet before you can say boo.
BigMiner1

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:24:10 AM

well, I've invesed with my friend, it was one week before the "hacking". I've invested like $10, and now I could get back 3$?
Not worth for me to cashout all of the khs what I have..

Yeah, sadly the price of khs is going down more and more, so it's really not worth it anymore. I hope that it will go back up. (I can have dreams...) The best thing to do is just wait.
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:00:47 AM

. . . if they're not mining like all you ponzi freaks are claiming mathematically proving

There, FITFY.

Let me remind all you scryptards that it was only a short number of months ago that 'Admin' came back from the dead (serious hospitalisation followed by world tour buying secret Scrypt ASICs from secret Scrypt ASIC manufacturers(!)).

Scrypt.cc had *not* been operational at the levels seen after Lazarus, I mean 'Admin' came back from the dead and resurrected his Ponzi scheme. Prior to that most of the first 12 months of this operation exist in the the first 36 pages of this thread until, miraculously:

Thankfully I've been out of the hospital and doing great, I did not make my "comeback" sooner as I have been very busy travelling to other countries and buying hardware directly from the manafactures and overhauling our whole mining infra-structure.
Hope this answers some of your questions,
Take care.

To answer your question, ilic, take a look at the amount of coin mixing services being promoted by scryptards. First rule of cryptocurrency Ponzi, make sure everybody can see the 'massive' amounts of money some people appear to be moving into and out of the 'investment', you know, so they can 'rest assured' that it must be not only totally legit if some 'whales' are shifting such profit out of it, but also hugely profitable as long as the smaller 'investor' gets in quick and re-invests, re-invests, re-invests.

[/quote]

You didnt address my points....

If Scrypt.cc is a ponzi, then for the ponzi to continue there needs to be more people depositing BTC than there are people withdrawing.  Correct?

What I am saying is that at any given time, there were approx 30-100BTC being pulled out daily.  So, in order for the 'ponzi' to continue, there would need to be the same or more being deposited every day?  You still with me here?

I find it highly doubtful that given the large amount of daily withdrawals, there were enough daily deposits to cover this.

I find it more likely, that scrypt.cc are in fact mining and although 850ghash has been proven to be not true, there is no reason why they could not be mining with say 100 or 200 or 300ghash correct?

Maybe, like thousands of businesses before them in both the real world and the world of crypto, they fudged the numbers a bit to sell more khashes that what they actually owned?

It wouldnt be the first time and it wont be the last time that someone tries to sell something they don't really have.

As I do not believe this is a ponzi, I am not going to waste my time looking through blockchain records to find out if the amount of withdraws exceeded the amount of deposits.

U get?

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
Soylent_Green

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:15:00 AM

I am not going to waste my time looking through blockchain records to find out if the amount of withdraws exceeded the amount of deposits.

That's a 5 Second Job.

Total Recieved2,044.34683467 BTC
Total Send1,500.02645138 BTC

Problem is, it is impossible to say where the Recieved Coins come from.
The majority is from the members, of course. But if he is mining, some must
be from him. Happy tracking.

ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:40:51 PM

I am not going to waste my time looking through blockchain records to find out if the amount of withdraws exceeded the amount of deposits.

That's a 5 Second Job.

Total Recieved2,044.34683467 BTC
Total Send1,500.02645138 BTC

Problem is, it is impossible to say where the Recieved Coins come from.
The majority is from the members, of course. But if he is mining, some must
be from him. Happy tracking.

Thanks, didn't realise it was so easy! Personally, I think they are mining. Sure, 850ghash is prolly bullshit but maybe they got half that.

All the ponzi talk is based on 850. So, what if they're lying and only have half that, still a (mainly) legit mining operation innit? Hey? I've said it before and I'll say it again, either stick some cash in there or shut the fuk up. Really, it's pretty simple. No proof it's a scam, no hard proof it's real.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8989

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 12:52:35 PM

It wouldnt be the first time and it wont be the last time that someone tries to sell something they don't really have.

As I do not believe this is a ponzi, I am not going to waste my time looking through blockchain records to find out if the amount of withdraws exceeded the amount of deposits.

U get?

Since you are not willing to engage in a factual discussion let's play your game then. How exactly do you suppose scrypt.cc can cover the difference in payouts between the hashrate they sold and the hashrate they own (be it 0 or 100 or 200 GH/s?). Where is that money coming from? How does that model differ from what you would call a "ponzi"?
deephouse650

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:46:27 PM

I had a thought about all these accusations of scrypt.cc being a ponzi - which for the record I do NOT believe it is.

So, lets rewind say 3 or 4 months ago, back when rewards were high and before the electricity thing.

The top 20 in rank, had anywhere between 5,000,000 and 30,000,000 khashes.  Lets just take an average of 10million for the Top 20 to make it easy.

Ballpark reward for 10,000,000 was around USD$500 per day or 2BTC per day approx.

Now, I'm quite confident that these Top 20 were NOT re-investing this as I did actually keep screenshots for a few days and watched it over the course of a couple of weeks.  I noticed their holdings increase slightly but not drastically.

This means that each of the Top 20 were pulling out an average of say 1.5BTC per day.  That's 30BTC per day.

So, all you ponzi screaming lunatics are telling me that there was daily fresh deposits of 30BTC per day to cover just the Top 20 withdraws?  Let alone the 10's or 100's of BTC withdrawn daily by the thousands of other investors?

So, how was scrypt.cc funding all these daily deposits, if they're not mining like all you ponzi freaks are claiming?

My theory is that they are actually mining, maybe the 850ghash was inflated so they could sell more khashes, who the hell knows but they gotta be earning BTC in some way otherwise they'd have shut up shop a year ago.

Anyway, if someone can be bothered to lookup all the blockchain transactions to see daily deposits vs daily withdraws i'd be interested to see.  Correct me if i'm wrong, but a ponzi is not sustainable if daily withdraws exceed daily deposits.

I had monitored the Top 20 a while back too.  But only a few had actually changed their handle to "reveal" themselves (TheDice, UglyOldGoat, etc).  While it would seem those are legit accounts, I could only assume that the others marked as "anonymous" could potentially be fake accounts, and the fact that their KHS never changed (aka were not reinvesting) that the possibility of them being dummy accounts could not be ruled out.  That said, there was no reason to believe that these anonymous accounts were making daily withdrawals as you mentioned above. 

I'm just saying...Top 20 hashers could have been mostly fake. You can't rule that out.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:18:43 PM

All the ponzi talk is based on 850.

No, the numbers proving they are lying work for just the 500GH they claim to have sold to users too or, if you really want to throw around arbitrary absurdities like, "Well even if they are lying they could be mining with half that", which is utter bullshit an assertion as far as reasoning goes, the same proof still stands for claims they are mining with 250GH/s Scrypt, too.

Don't forget there is only ever 20-60 GH/s of 'unknown' Scrypt miners for the whole LTC network and there is only a total in the Scrypt Altcoin networks for another 60GH or so.

But, for you to even want to lay claim to, "Fine, then, maybe they are lying but they could be mining with half of the half I previously speculated about", you would need to take those two Scrypt GH amounts, add them together and the total you reach of <>120GH, whilst closer to the wildly speculative absurd claim you made, would still require that NOBODY ELSE OTHER THAN SCRYPT.CC is mining any of the Scrypt altcoins or in that 20-60GH/s of 'unknown' on LTC.

Really, you are just scrabbling for your god-of-the-gaps here, but there isn't anything like the sized gap available your beloved 'Admin' needs to function.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:33:26 PM

All the ponzi talk is based on 850.

No, the numbers proving they are lying work for just the 500GH they claim to have sold to users too or, if you really want to throw around arbitrary absurdities like, "Well even if they are lying they could be mining with half that", which is utter bullshit an assertion as far as reasoning goes, the same proof still stands for claims they are mining with 250GH/s Scrypt, too.

Don't forget there is only ever 20-60 GH/s of 'unknown' Scrypt miners for the whole LTC network and there is only a total in the Scrypt Altcoin networks for another 60GH or so.

But, for you to even want to lay claim to, "Fine, then, maybe they are lying but they could be mining with half of the half I previously speculated about", you would need to take those two Scrypt GH amounts, add them together and the total you reach of <>120GH, whilst closer to the wildly speculative absurd claim you made, would still require that NOBODY ELSE OTHER THAN SCRYPT.CC is mining any of the Scrypt altcoins or in that 20-60GH/s of 'unknown' on LTC.

Really, you are just scrabbling for your god-of-the-gaps here, but there isn't anything like the sized gap available your beloved 'Admin' needs to function.

If actual mining was taking place, it would be a trivial task for Marcelo to show network hash rates, block stats, etc. Maybe even publish a maintenance fee in USD. Not to beat a dead horse, but look at Hashnest. You really don't have to spend 40 pages in a thread debating whether mining is taking place, because they clearly own miners, find blocks, publish pool stats, publish maintenance fees in USD, and all mined BTC is verifiable on the blockchain. Just because it's LTC/Scrypt and not BTC doesn't make any of what I said less applicable because blockchains are blockchains.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
BTC Buddy

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:11:51 PM

...Not to beat a dead horse, but look at Hashnest.

Hashnest shill.

My dog ate the rewards
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:28:02 PM

Hashnest shill.

...How is that even possible? There's no affiliate program there. And I don't care if anyone else invests there or not. it's a point of comparison for a legitimate cloud mining operation vs. this lie-based Ponzi.

Nice rebuttal though.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:33:34 PM

Hashnest shill.

...How is that even possible? There's no affiliate program there. And I don't care if anyone else invests there or not. it's a point of comparison for a legitimate cloud mining operation vs. this lie-based Ponzi.

Nice rebuttal though.

Beating a dead horse indeed.  Why are you guys still here?  I think you have repeated yourself quite enough already. 
dannyprats

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:37:20 PM

Good morning guys.. Are withdrawals and deposits work?
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:12:50 PM

I think you have repeated yourself quite enough already. 

Yes, we know that you 'tards and 'turds are fed up with us repeatedly making sure that the scrypt.cc scam details are front and center in this thread, but as you and your equally-complaining ilk fail to understand, we don't care that you don't like it and that you'd rather see it buried under flurries of shill and fanboy posts. Your not liking it does not factor into our decision to continue discussing the fraudulent operation that is scrypt.cc and their continued lies about being a cloud mining operation instead of the Ponzi-scheme that they are.

Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 545 »
  Print  

Jump to: