Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:57:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin not used in medical billing?  (Read 2439 times)
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:33:27 AM

I am a person working in the health sector. I am looking forward to one day co-bitcoin be used to pay for medical examination and treatment and health care services.
Well, I think that depends on who owns that health sector you are working at either it is a public sector that is run by government  or private one that knows nothing about Bitcoin or let me just say they knew Bitcoin but were afraid to accept it as form of payment due to volatility. I know that we are near to reality where private establishments will start to accept Bitcoin payments in a country where we are living.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AllCryptoplus

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:37:09 AM

I am a person working in the health sector. I am looking forward to one day co-bitcoin be used to pay for medical examination and treatment and health care services.
I think I have seen a post somewhere in this forum where someone posted of a hospital already accepting Bitcoin as a means of payment. It means some already exist. We just want more health operators to accept cryptos as means of settling bills.
blackbold

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:43:02 AM

I think there are many health programs that use crypto systems and use blockchain, even recently there is Farasha project which has the aim of reducing and preventing cardiovascular diseases such as heart disease based on blockchain platform
OSEIBOATENG

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:47:19 AM

Bitcoin to be particular I think has not been used and I have not seen some before though. But there are so many tokens coming out there which is having a medical background. I think in some years to come, medicine will see a different revolution powered by the blockchain technology.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:55:22 AM

The price fluctuation is a huge issue. Crypto currencies are still on its infant stage and has more to develop. People still needs to adopt the usage and it might take us another decade for getting used to it. Right now it is just being used as a storage value so people can make profit out of it. This is the frame of peoples mind we need to change.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bbcolex

Activity: 672

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:59:25 AM

Bitcoin is not widely accepted so its hard to pay using crypto currency anywhere , we need adaptation to do so. Hopefully sooner or later every merchant will accept bitcoin but todate the price volatility really turn investors off .

Janeetaa

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:16:32 AM

Because bitcoin is not yet official as a payment tool and is very difficult to use for medical billing because bitcoin is not stable and bitcoin volatility. Moreover, many countries do not accept bitcoin as a payment instrument.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:20:50 AM

I think that the bitcoin industry looks forward to this. Maybe this is possible for bitcoin in the future that it will be use as payment for the billing of medical records. Even some car companies accepts now bitcoin payment, so this is possible in the future.
westril688

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:11:13 PM

there are many projects related to the medical direction where payment for altcoyes think that in the future it will be possible to pay and bitcoin all medical services
Actually it's not a problem, because bitcoin can still be used to pay. However, it must be converted first at the payment gateway so that health services are already in the form of fiat money. Maybe in certain countries there are health services that accept payments using bitcoin directly.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:13:37 PM

I think paying with Bitcoin just adds another complexity level since the people would have to convert it back to Fiat so why would they bother? Plus no one is taking up BTC seriously as payment
Joe103

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:14:15 PM

Bitcoin is still at its initial stage. I believe in future it will be very accepted in the medical field.
Abram434

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:21:36 PM

unstabilty of bitcoin could be one reason it is not used in medical billing,Althrough it will be revolutionary if it is used in healthcare sector.
Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:26:25 PM

maybe because bitcoin takes too long to wait for the block to be confirmed, besides that bitcoin is also not a flexible payment tool, people prefer the easier one

There are still many things that need to be fixed from Bitcoin and other usability benefits so Bitcoin cannot be used in this regard.
aanaa90

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:23:10 PM

Bitcoin is a virtual money till now also its value keeps on fluctuating which cause much risk in market moreover its not official by the government of any country so thats why it cannt be used for medical billing.
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 05:31:04 PM

It is not being used in medical billing because its not yet a global currency.
Not many people know about bitcoin and its potentials, which is tge reason for its low adoption rate.
I believe by the time bitcoin is generally accepted by the public, we can then use it for medical billing and any ither financial transaction.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:41:43 PM

Because in hospital bills sometimes they need real payments while bitcoin prices are unstable. there are currently no regulations and policies that anticipate the price or value of bitcoin in terms of a decrease or increase. That is why medical institutions or other companies even banks in the government still do not have a way to accept Bitcoin as a payment instrument in government-owned public facilities.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:49:08 PM

Same here. I think that out of everything that bitcoin is used for, medical billing is something that will benefit more from it. However I understand why bitcoin is not used for it yet: bitcoin is very unstable and unpredictable. If the time comes when bitcoin finally has a more stable price, then it can be used in medical billing. I suppose it will be beneficial for both the medical billing company and their clients, right?
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:59:34 AM

Because there are only a few or no health companies using btc, some company with health service were holding ICO to collect the funds capital for their company. You can see Docademic is one of them.
It is not 'bitcoin not used in medical billing' as your title said, but it is 'not yet'. I believe in the future many of us will using btc and crypto to paying everything.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:30:19 AM

Well, I think that depends on who owns that health sector you are working at either it is a public sector that is run by government  or private one that knows nothing about Bitcoin or let me just say they knew Bitcoin but were afraid to accept it as form of payment due to volatility. I know that we are near to reality where private establishments will start to accept Bitcoin payments in a country where we are living.
Yeah I think there's no obstacle to using bitcoin as a currency or payment option for anything. as long as they want to accept payment with bitcoin? yeah because currently bitcoin hasn't been legalized. certainly not many people accept bitcoin. so for now it depends onwner. are they wants to accept bitcoin or not?
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 02:35:31 AM

Maybe not now, perhaps soon for the development of bitcoin and cryptocurrency industry. I think if the bitcoin will upgrade its features, this will probably possible to happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: