Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:34:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin not used in medical billing?  (Read 2445 times)
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:19:39 AM

The integration of blockchain particularly bitcoin in the medical industry can be of big use over the course of time as it improves the medical industry's data sharing in the said field. I have noticed that there are so many ICOs now that are focusing already in the medical industry.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:34:11 AM

bitcoin is not ready for commercial use, because volatility is very dangerous for its users
to be a secure payment medium, bitcoin must have a fixed and stable price, also easy to use by the public in general
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:36:31 AM

Bad question, bitcoin not used in medicine on the same reasons what it not used in other filds.
No guarantee what your accepted btc not gone tomorow, its main.

Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:43:38 AM

I am a person working in the health sector. I am looking forward to one day co-bitcoin be used to pay for medical examination and treatment and health care services.

If it's not wrong, it seems that there are already several projects which are going towards it, you can see it here. There are so many innovations they offer maybe you will like some of these projects.
CelesChere

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:03:12 AM

Bitcoin isn't legal in all countries. Many social problems, education isn't allowed to use cryptocurrency. As a result, the health problem may be delayed.
ShowOffoN

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:03:28 AM

It's a good idea and it could possibly happen if bitcoin already becomes a universal currency where everyone will be obliged to accept it regardless which sector it will be. When it's going to happen? Your guess is as good as mine mate.
aileenc

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:05:52 AM

It takes time to get to the medical industry to get used to bitcoin. In my own opinion, bitcoin is still on progress for payment system. As other countries continue to approve payment for electric bills, water bills, and many more, hopefully payment for medical industry in bitcoin will be accepted soon.
Panasony

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:10:32 AM

Bitcoins are not currently legal in some countries so it is difficult to use in payment transactions. But I believe in the future bitcoin will be used for medical billing.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:19:32 AM

I think time will comes that every sector will accept bitcoin, since bitcoin is not yet fully known in every country it needs more advertisement and promotion to make it more popular, also government should accept it first to have support to implement bitcoin as mode of payment

Faroxx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:30:19 AM

Actually, it's already in use. But not bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies. Now a lot of projects based on Ethereum, which work in the field of health care.
AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:39:13 AM

I am a person working in the health sector. I am looking forward to one day co-bitcoin be used to pay for medical examination and treatment and health care services.

There are many things that bitcoin should come through before it can be usable in health care sector and I didn't mean it needs to improve in the technically but in order to get most people to use it in a major industry like health care bitcoin itself should become a established and stabilized currency when considering its price level and growth so for that to achieve I think it might take few more time

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:44:09 AM

Actually, it's already in use. But not bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies. Now a lot of projects based on Ethereum, which work in the field of health care.

That is the point there are many altcoins like srcoin, Xmc and other but they are specifically developed to accommodate essential tasks and functions in the health care sector by providing various compatible platforms but even bitcoin is much usable as above currencies we don't see such options or platforms to use it in the medical field so it is left behind but if a group can develop and implement a system without a doubt people will use bitcoin for medical industry over other currencies

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
YamigaHyoushi

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:47:07 AM

It has something do with the bitcoin's volatility state. Since bitcoin has that characteristic, it is difficult for them to embrace bitcoin as a currency because they have no control of it, even governments. Though that would be possible in the future, adopting it now is still a big question.
raymond013

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:02:38 PM

It can be said that the path towards that development has been paved, especially since the blockchain is now revolutionizing the health care industry. Now that society is recognizing blockchain technology, the concept of digital currency will follow. This has just started and I've seen memes on the web about a person lying in bed and are asking for a medical bill and the nurse is giving him a bitcoin bill. Because the bitcoin price is unstable, it can go up and down at any time. This is why I do not think people tend to use bitcoin in medical billing. Most bitcoins and altcoins are used as valuable assets to invest!
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 08:54:10 PM

It would be great to pay for any services (including medical) cryptocurrency. But today the world is not ready for it. Yes, the part of developed countries where people have an adequate financial level are much closer to realizing this. But how to  implement this  in poor countries? This is a question that worries me a lot and I can't find a solution for today.
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:41:20 PM

Bitcoin is not used in medical billing because bitcoin is unstable. In hospital bills sometimes they need the tangible payment and with cryptocurrency due to lack of regulations and policies still have no stranglehold on what the price or value of bitcoin is in case of a drop or rise. That is why medical institutions or the other corporations even the bamks in the governments still have no way of accepting yhek just because of how it currently is fluid and elastic on ints worth

I agree. Health sector is not yet ready to accept bitcoin payments because of its price volatility. They don't want to risk the chance of dealing with price stability. Come to think of it, within the 24-hour period, the bitcoin's price changes many times. So how are you going to compensate your payment with fiat money, the time you paid the bill or the time they received your payment? We are not yet ready in that stage but I'm very positive that sooner or later, there will be hospitals that will accept crypto as there are so many projects exploring the medical industry.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:46:15 PM

Bitcoins are not currently legal in some countries so it is difficult to use in payment transactions. But I believe in the future bitcoin will be used for medical billing.

It is obvious that we should not use crypto currencies or Bitcoin in countries that it is illegal. Also, it is really hard to pay with Bitcoin if that platform don't really accept Bitcoin or any other crypto currencies, the worse they do not know it. But if I am not mistaken, there is this one crypto currency that focus on health, there might be others but that is what I can remember.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Joeyvicky

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:02:39 PM

I strongly believe that every good thing does not just appear just at once on the scene and as we all can testify that, after the emergence of bitcoin there has been several areas that bitcoin has ventured and as we currently know the number of oppossers to this Godly gifted technology. I strongly believe it is a matter of time and we will see bitcoi been used in hospital billing.

Code:
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LYFE.HEALTH ║ Wellness Rewards and Gamification (https://lyfe.health/)
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:13:10 PM

Don't worry there was a time hospitals accept bitcoin as payment in medical treatment, i think sooner your wish will come true because bitcoin mass adoption of some business like banks and others establishment cintinue to accept bitcoin as payment.

leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:25:24 PM

There are already many projects that work in the field of healthcare on the blockchain and are very successful at the same time. This year alone, there were about 10 health-related coins on the market. If you mean full payment for hospital services with bitcoin, we will have to wait for this for a very long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: