Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:54:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506376 times)
nunya_coin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:44:56 PM

How many can I mine per day with 750KH/s Huh

0,5 and less,difficulty goes up to sky !

Thanks. There's a boat I missed - I was under the impression that it would launch when they dropped them from the sky  Cheesy

People are saying that they will be dumped massively when the Icelanders get there share, but I don't see why. Many won't even be bothered to do anything at all with them. All that will happen is that the local geeks may try to buy a few of their neighbours.

I can see people using them for a lot of person to person exchanges.  Like I owe you $50 from last year, or one guy picks up the check at lunch and the rest each throw them an AUR.  Perfect for craigslist type transactions too.  Getting setup to turn the free AUR into actually currency is going to seem like a pain for the average person, I suspect a lot of them just circulate.
ravgninn

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:46:47 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 03:58:33 PM by ravgninn

Since Bitcoin IS considered a foreign currency in Iceland, so are other cryptos.

This is a big misunderstanding being spread around. Sometimes people even say bitcoin is banned in Iceland which is just wrong.
The only relevant law is the capital controls on the KRÓNA.
If you are not exchanging krónur there are no laws covering bitcoin. There are already old style side-currency networks running in Iceland.

Someone from the fed has said he does not consider bitcoin a foreign currency but that does not matter anyway when it comes to capital controls on the króna.

The króna is the problem not bitcoin and long before AUR there was already talk of disbanding the króna for a new currency.

Currently the fed seems not hostile to cryptos but cautious. If cryptos can help avoid the devaluation of the Icelandic economy due to gigantic foreign creditors needing to get krónur out of the country the fed like everyone else will welcome it.

So the problem is foreign entities own a lot of assets in krónur from the banking crisis. They want to convert that into dollars or similar which would cause the króna to fall catastrophically. The capitol controls ensure this does not happen but also limits the economy alot.

Any ideas on how cryptos can fix the situation would be much appreciated Smiley
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:51:41 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

aur.charityminingpools.com

PROMOTION
Signup and start mining AURORA today at CharityMiningPools and receive 0% pool fees for the life of your AURORA account.

*   PM me here at BitcoinTalk to inform me that you have signed up for the promotion with your username
** Must mine on the site for a minimum 3 hours to qualify

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

Is your pool stable? Ow, 0 miners?
I have no luck with other pools, many disconnects Sad

Just added Aurora to our pools list so we need miners committed to getting us off the ground.
All servers are Datacenter built with Load Balancing and multiple Stratums in the backend to ensure that you will always be connected.
We've been very stable since we launched 2 weeks ago.  Just really need to get some miners on board and help us grow.  Smiley

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
OneEyedJack

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:52:13 PM

Ummmm any particular reason why I am getting Stratum Disconnects on the pools?

All donations are given to the Universal DBDB Organization
EAC: egokwQAmnNvumsQfMokeV2qKRgJdARY4D4
GRA: 9ECPZJBtbMHyfGikdUzQuf9Z8t6gGbWh5s
autodidactic

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:53:16 PM

No longer can login or connect to: http://aur.scrypthp.com/
Left a fuckton of coins in the site wallet. I fucking hate my life.

Edit: wrong url

LZKRTwu1jUM8MphtJox54hHmXH4SiNTron
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:53:34 PM

Looking forward for auroracoin to surpass bitbar value soon.  Wink
nunya_coin

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

No longer can login or connect to: http://aur.easy-mine.eu
Left a fuckton of coins in the site wallet. I fucking hate my life.

Frontend seems overloaded, I am able to see it now but my auto-pay hasn't gone out yet.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:57:32 PM

How many coins are really in circulation? It can't be really 10 million or prices would have crashed

Does this 10 million include the premined coined?

Looks like there are less than 100,000 coins in circulation or something?

95,000 right.

How many coins will there be be on on March 24, a day before giveaway (not including giveaway coins)

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:58:06 PM

PROMOTION
Signup and start mining AURORA today at CharityMiningPools and receive 0% pool fees for the life of your AURORA account.

*   PM me here at BitcoinTalk to inform me that you have signed up for the promotion with your username

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

Im in too, other pool are just insane(badlyy for sure)
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:58:12 PM

Been thinking about the coin since day 1 of launch.

At this point doubt the success.

Everyone saying "who isn't going to claim their free $$$$" the market cap doesn't show how much money is IN the coin, just it's value which look crackers because of pumpers. The actual level of trade is pathetic at the moment.

Everyone in Iceland is going to be given half of this coin (taking there isn't any ways whatsoever for the maker to nab some) ... which means all of them (every ID) will have 30 coins. Now these coins will be worth nothing compared to their fiat on arrival, 30 coins won't cover their personal assets. If the currency was to scale the richer folk and businesses in Iceland would have to buy up the aurora coin and competitively as the prices raise.

If they'd have set a later date for this drop until later in the year, so small trading can begin and start being accepted in remote locations in iceland... Until the coin is usable enough for the population to care.

Is the whole of Iceland going to exchange all of their fiat money across seas (unheard of levels of capital flight) for bitcoin (volatile) to buy aurora coins (volatile and made in panama) to use in all their shops which as of march still won't have capabilities to deal with this currency. Entrust the future of the Icelandic economy basically to the developer from Panama which I haven't seen a picture of or interview with.

Wandering what the backlash is if a bunch of wealthier folks in iceland buy into it early worried that their fiat wealth will be quashed and be left with 30 AUR like all the others around them.... for the airdrop to be an airdump. If there any confirmation or proof regarding this airdrop? It's a great idea, national ID system etc, of course introducing in this way is probably the worst method... ie from some dev in another country and no cooperation with the government. It's going to be a free-for-all, if it is going to be anything.

What's to stop corruption inside this ID system - employees faking IDs/stealing IDs... what about the list of missing people, homeless people, handicapped people... what about their IDs???

What is to stop people blagging or stealing or intimidating others to hand over their worth less 30 coins on mass arrival

I know there is a lot to argue but at the end of the day this was a Litecoin clone aimed at Iceland, just a target people can get sucked into because of their fiat history. Unless I'm wrong, that won't be solved by flinging their assets at a logo basically. It could be any coin, any coin could try do this system, it's just going by their interests but the people of Iceland probably trust their government for a cryptocurrency more than mr. faceless Panama Dev. It might inspire their government to create their cryptocurrency.
autodidactic

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:01:10 PM

Everyone saying "who isn't going to claim their free $$$$" the market cap doesn't show how much money is IN the coin, just it's value which look crackers because of pumpers. The actual level of trade is pathetic at the moment.

Everyone in Iceland is going to be given half of this coin (taking there isn't any ways whatsoever for the maker to nab some) ... which means all of them (every ID) will have 30 coins. Now these coins will be worth nothing compared to their fiat on arrival, 30 coins won't cover their personal assets. If the currency was to scale the richer folk and businesses in Iceland would have to buy up the aurora coin and competitively as the prices raise.

If they'd have set a later date for this drop until later in the year, so small trading can begin and start being accepted in remote locations in iceland... Until the coin is usable enough for the population to care.

Is the whole of Iceland going to exchange all of their fiat money across seas (unheard of levels of capital flight) for bitcoin (volatile) to buy aurora coins (volatile and made in panama) to use in all their shops which as of march still won't have capabilities to deal with this currency. Entrust the future of the Icelandic economy basically to the developer from Panama which I haven't seen a picture of or interview with.

Wandering what the backlash is if a bunch of wealthier folks in iceland buy into it early worried that their fiat wealth will be quashed and be left with 30 AUR like all the others around them.... for the airdrop to be an airdump. If there any confirmation or proof regarding this airdrop? It's a great idea, national ID system etc, of course introducing in this way is probably the worst method... ie from some dev in another country and no cooperation with the government. It's going to be a free-for-all, if it is going to be anything.

What's to stop corruption inside this ID system - employees faking IDs/stealing IDs... what about the list of missing people, homeless people, handicapped people... what about their IDs???

What is to stop people blagging or stealing or intimidating others to hand over their worth less 30 coins on mass arrival

I know there is a lot to argue but at the end of the day this was a Litecoin clone aimed at Iceland, just a target people can get sucked into because of their fiat history. Unless I'm wrong, that won't be solved by flinging their assets at a logo basically. It could be any coin, any coin could try do this system, it's just going by their interests but the people of Iceland probably trust their government for a cryptocurrency more than mr. faceless Panama Dev. It might inspire their government to create their cryptocurrency.

Would make sense except for the fact it's opensource and it's easier for a government to audit pre-existing code rather than to generate new code.

LZKRTwu1jUM8MphtJox54hHmXH4SiNTron
CharityMiningPools

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 04:01:18 PM

PROMOTION

Who Are We?

How Does This Work?

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

Im in too, other pool are just insane(badlyy for sure)

Thanks, the more we get the faster we can find blocks!  Smiley

BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:02:18 PM

The biggest misconception is that the coin is somehow tied with the Icelandic government where in reality it isn't. It makes such claims on the official page but this is false.

I don't see any such claims. Forgive me, can you point me to it?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:03:50 PM

The biggest misconception is that the coin is somehow tied with the Icelandic government where in reality it isn't. It makes such claims on the official page but this is false.

I don't see any such claims. Forgive me, can you point me to it?

Why would any government back a crypto? Isn't that kind of the point of cryptos?

GEO, RLC & QRL.
ravgninn

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:08:45 PM

1. This is not an all or nothing thing. There are some signs a small AUR market for goods is developing in Iceland. It will not be large when the airdrop comes but it will encourage people not to dump. Most people will not claim the coins on the first round though as they don't get it. If this works it will be through organic growth greatly encouraged by this airdrop and not everyone switching their krónur to aur all of a sudden like you seem to imagine.

2. The dev is not from Panama, that's a whois guard. This would not have worked at all if he was not anonymous as it would be about him and not the technology just like Bitcoin.

3. This is the same id system that almost all Icelanders use for banking. Any criticism of that is also valid for the króna.
neske

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:09:11 PM

mine on public p2pool network with 0% fee

list of public p2pool nodes:

http://78.47.241.34:8084

current pool speed: 1004.08 Mh/s and growing ;-)

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:11:39 PM

Aurora on mintpal now

https://www.mintpal.com/market/AUR/BTC

cryptsy and bter will come next I think

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:14:31 PM

OMG I woke up and this coin has gone up  x 5 lol. I had a hunch to buy bit more yesterday so got 5.5 shall I just hold them for now? Will they go up even more you think? Grin I wish I had more of these coins!!! I am a small fish in a big ocean.
bitjoint

Activity: 333

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:16:02 PM

God is sending all of us a clear signal....

28 February 2014  http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-26378027

The Aurora Borealis - better known as the Northern Lights - has been giving rare and spectacular displays over parts of the UK, from the north of Scotland to as far south as Jersey.

The aurora age is coming upon us!!! lol  Grin
CharityMiningPools

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 04:17:23 PM

Those are some awesome pictures!

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: