Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506371 times)
jack80

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:31:33 PM

Where download Auroracoin wallet for windows ? .

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:33:26 PM

http://aur.easy-mine.eu/ Can't withdrawl.. hmm
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 05:34:49 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

Brand new pool, need miners!  Smiley

aur.charityminingpools.com

PROMOTION
Signup and start mining AURORA today at CharityMiningPools and receive 0% pool fees for the life of your AURORA account.

*     PM me here at BitcoinTalk to inform me that you have signed up for the promotion with your username
**   Must mine on the site for a minimum 3 hours to qualify
*** Promotion active until we reach 150+ mh/s (Anyone signed up before that point will get 0% pool fees after mining for 3+ hours)
**** Does not apply to the Mandatory 0.5% Donation fee to Charity.

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:37:18 PM

I don't understand.

Won't the airdrop of 10mAUR just crash the price? Currently AUR is trading for $25 with an AVAILABLE supply of what 100k?

so.. 100k /10.1m = .01

$25 x .01 = .25cents .... Huh?

Won't the airdrop just act as the fed printing money devalueing the current money supply?

nunya_coin

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:40:48 PM

I don't understand.

Won't the airdrop of 10mAUR just crash the price? Currently AUR is trading for $25 with an AVAILABLE supply of what 100k?

so.. 100k /10.1m = .01

Won't the airdrop just act as the fed printing money devalueing the current money supply?
Maybe somewhat.  They will be going to mostly crypto newbs though.  I guess it depends how many immediately sign up for an exchange and dump them.  If most get held it won't impact the trading on exchanges much.  It's a fascinating experiment, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

What do people think the airdrop claim rate needs to be to indicate success?  I'm thinking as low as 5% the first 30 days will be a positive sign it's getting traction.
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:46:25 PM

I don't understand.

so.. 100k /10.1m = .01

If widespread uptake occurs in any set region, eg obviously Iceland, it could mean that websites / services accept this coin more - a lot more I would guess. This could then have the reverse effect from an expected pump and dump: a sustained positive feedback loop that would have to occur if the coin was *generally accepted*. There's a crazy chance it could gain traction. Obviously it depends on the government not banning the coin. There's a fairly balanced article on it here: http://theconversation.com/free-cash-for-iceland-but-it-pays-to-keep-cool-about-auroracoin-23061

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:47:01 PM

I don't understand.

so.. 100k /10.1m = .01

I see a lot of posts about people saying the current market cap of Auroracoin isn't real because there is less than 100,000 coins available and all of the premine isn't being taken into account.  I come from an investing background with wallstreet.  When you look at a stock, you can see two terms:

1.  Float - This is the amount of sharing available for trading.  
2.  Shares Outstanding - This is the total amount of shares a stock has.  This includes shares that are unavailable for trading for a variety of reasons.

The value of a stock is based upon the shares outstanding, NOT the float because investors and the market understand that at some point, those locked up shares will become part of the float.  If there are very few shares available in the stock, it is said to be, "Illiquid".  An illiquid stock can have wild price fluctuations when there is a lot of interest in it.

Auroracoin is illiquid.  Its', "Float" is very small (less than $100,000).  However, its marketcap which properly takes into account all of the coins (shares) outstanding, IS correct and the market is working to price in the fundamentals and risk associated with all those coins outstanding.  As the market continues to evaluate the risk and reward associated with the airdrop, the price will continue to fluctuate.

I PERSONALLY believe a successful airdrop will result in the price being much higher than it is today but that is merely my opinion.
qwertyasdfgh

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:47:30 PM

Do we know if the government will just ban this from use in Iceland. Is there any communication at all with them to ensure this wont happen?
has the developers talked to the government to see if they will accept and adopt it? will there will be stores and businesses that will accept it? Would this actually be able to be an official currency for the Icelandic people or will this be a large handout\charitable donation to them. Also if a whale mines and buys to get a large percentage of this coin could they theoretically control the worth of the Icelandic currency if it is accepted. By dumping everything he\she would have and plummeting the price. I want this coin to succeeded so im just pointing out any problems\ my misunderstandings early on.
mpdas108

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:47:59 PM

All these pool have a .1 transaction fee ... WTH with the current transaction rate.. That is just robbery.. why cant the pool operator see this and lower their fee.. with 6mh/s of power I can only mine about 3 AUR per day but the difficulty is increasing, so that already 3% in transaction fees alone.. what to speak of if my back-up pool has only .08 AUR in it...

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:49:34 PM

I need to question the wisdom of declaring something a 'national crypto currency' when there are so many ways it WILL go wrong.

From fraud, identity theft, to various issues with the 'distribution' plan itself, this coin just seems too ambitious for its own good. No matter how much you trumpet the technology behind the crypto currency, we know it can be made vulnerable technically. Not to mention, people may not directly attack the technology for a time being, but DEFINITELY can control or influence those that distribute, trade or own them (human beings).

You are trying to deposit a new currency into a population of an entire country, and you don't even reveal your own identity, or offer up some kind of assurance as to who you are, what you do, etc?

What is the guarantee that this 'airdrop' will actually happen? What if you are simply baiting people into hyping up this coin?

Right now, the coin is valued close to 0.05 btc per AUR. The 'hard fork' is 2-3 weeks away. Iceland's entire GDP is a little over 12 billion USD. are you telling me you are prepared to throw in over 3% of a country's yearly GDP in the form of a relatively young and untested technology and expect little to no serious complications in this 'plan'?

This isn't anything near launching a pretty new coin. It's a whole different game, and your 'plan' sounds flimsy at best as of this moment. Why would any nation 'adopt' a currency of a whole new technology that has proven vulnerable in the past, without any oversight or regulation, as the basis of their economy even by 1%?

Best you can hope for is this coin being valued at 10% of what it is now, which is what the base price was before the hype.

That is, if you are even going through with this ridiculously ambitious plan with little else other than your overly simplistic words. You left out about 1000000 other variables as to why this could not even take off, or go very VERY wrong.

Unless you come forward to reveal who you are, or provide some kind of much MUCH more detailed ideas that address extreme number of variables and problems concerning this idea, there is little to identify this coin from a pump and dump that uses the 'potential' of 'adoption by financially troubled nation' to fill your own pockets.

Answer the numerous concerns listed on this thread. Starting with addressing how this coin could possibly hold a big stake when 99% of the mining power will be off the country.

If you are trying to take advantage of supposed 'bitcoin-friendly and tired-of-fiat-country wants to jump on a logo with nothing else to back it up', and not even bothering to introduce a gravity well in the beginning of the coin, I see all the red flags of a hyped up dump scam with (in joe schmuck public eye) seemingly elaborate plan that 'backs up' your hype - another huge red flag.

Right now, it's either looking like an extremely cheeky scam, or just a very delusional and over-reaching (that's putting it mildly) attempt at some kind of crypto revolution by a lone boy behind a computer. Neither inspires any kind of confidence to replace or even chip at a fiat of a relatively small nation state.

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:50:24 PM

Do we know if the government will just ban this from use in Iceland. Is there any communication at all with them to ensure this wont happen?
At current prices, each citizen of Iceland will receive $760 worth of Auroracoin.  I suspect that if a politician tried to ban it, they would find themselves rather unpopular VERY quickly.
Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:52:57 PM

All these pool have a .1 transaction fee ... WTH with the current transaction rate.. That is just robbery.. why cant the pool operator see this and lower their fee.. with 6mh/s of power I can only mine about 3 AUR per day but the difficulty is increasing, so that already 3% in transaction fees alone.. what to speak of if my back-up pool has only .08 AUR in it...
Use P2pool. Choose node from here: http://aurp2pool.no-ip.org:8084/
speedhash.eu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 05:54:31 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 06:49:19 PM by speedhash.eu

We have only 0.01 AUR TX fee

Please join our fast pool: aur.speedhash.eu

50 MH/s 60 MH/s pool hashrate and growing!
Automatic payouts from 1 to 500 AUR.

Remember to check your SPAM folder to activate, edit, unlock account!

OUR SUPPORT THREAD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=481664

You can also email us: speedhash.eu @ gmail.com
mpdas108

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:54:57 PM

Yeah but I don't want to hold this coin.. hence I don't want to spend 8 hours downloading the blockchain for a wallet.. no thanks..

NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:55:42 PM

I need to question the wisdom of declaring something a 'national crypto currency' when there are so many ways it WILL go wrong.

From fraud, identity theft, to various issues with the 'distribution' plan itself, this coin just seems too ambitious for its own good. No matter how much you trumpet the technology behind the crypto currency, we know it can be made vulnerable technically. Not to mention, people may not directly attack the technology for a time being, but DEFINITELY can control or influence those that distribute, trade or own them (human beings).

You are trying to deposit a new currency into a population of an entire country, and you don't even reveal your own identity, or offer up some kind of assurance as to who you are, what you do, etc?

What is the guarantee that this 'airdrop' will actually happen? What if you are simply baiting people into hyping up this coin?

Right now, the coin is valued close to 0.05 btc per AUR. The 'hard fork' is 2-3 weeks away. Iceland's entire GDP is a little over 12 billion USD. are you telling me you are prepared to throw in over 3% of a country's yearly GDP in the form of a relatively young and untested technology and expect little to no serious complications in this 'plan'?

This isn't anything near launching a pretty new coin. It's a whole different game, and your 'plan' sounds flimsy at best as of this moment. Why would any nation 'adopt' a currency of a whole new technology that has proven vulnerable in the past, without any oversight or regulation, as the basis of their economy even by 1%?

Best you can hope for is this coin being valued at 10% of what it is now, which is what the base price was before the hype.

That is, if you are even going through with this ridiculously ambitious plan with little else other than your overly simplistic words. You left out about 1000000 other variables as to why this could not even take off, or go very VERY wrong.

Unless you come forward to reveal who you are, or provide some kind of much MUCH more detailed ideas that address extreme number of variables and problems concerning this idea, there is little to identify this coin from a pump and dump that uses the 'potential' of 'adoption by financially troubled nation' to fill your own pockets.

Answer the numerous concerns listed on this thread. Starting with addressing how this coin could possibly hold a big stake when 99% of the mining power will be off the country.

If you are trying to take advantage of supposed 'bitcoin-friendly and tired-of-fiat-country wants to jump on a logo with nothing else to back it up', and not even bothering to introduce a gravity well in the beginning of the coin, I see all the red flags of a hyped up dump scam with (in joe schmuck public eye) seemingly elaborate plan that 'backs up' your hype - another huge red flag.

Right now, it's either looking like an extremely cheeky scam, or just a very delusional and over-reaching (that's putting it mildly) attempt at some kind of crypto revolution by a lone boy behind a computer. Neither inspires any kind of confidence to replace or even chip at a fiat of a relatively small nation state.

Huge risk but if it works it would be the biggest thing since cryptos, I agree with a lot of your points but there are even more variables than anybody can contemplate. Right now this is just an experiment, I hope it works though because it would be good for cryptos in general.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:55:52 PM

At current prices, each citizen of Iceland will receive $760 worth of Auroracoin.  I suspect that if a politician tried to ban it, they would find themselves rather unpopular VERY quickly.

Since when did dictators need popularity?

ghettopools

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:56:13 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 06:12:58 PM by ghettopools

https://i.imgur.com/qVdYknl.jpg?1018

Check out our new AuroraCoin Pool!
We have a 1% fee but thats mitigated by our 0.001TX fee's which are much lower than most pools so its like having 0% fee!

Also the first 10 miners to register and PM me here on the forum get 0% fee for life!

We run Stratum Servers with Proprtional Payouts and Vardiff!

Register with us now because you never know when the Ghetto is gonna GetYa Aur.GhettoPools.com
mpdas108

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:56:47 PM

Is it just me or does it seem that all the pools are getting periodically DDoS'd ... wth

Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:57:20 PM

Yeah but I don't want to hold this coin.. hence I don't want to spend 8 hours downloading the blockchain for a wallet.. no thanks..
Won't take you more than 8 minutes to download wallet and chain. Or enter address from your favourite exchange.
scutzi128

Activity: 476
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:57:51 PM

How do you track your stats on crunchpool?
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: