Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:25:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684943 times)
Cryptodrop69

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:52:29 AM

RIC RIP

the RIC is dead long live the RIC

Oh hi Zapple

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ziiip

Activity: 255
Merit: 102

uBlock.it Admin

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 08:45:26 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2018, 03:36:18 PM by ziiip

At this point I actually believe that funds should be used to list RIC on another exchange, rather than upgrading the wallet. Just my two cents.

While I do agree the wallet needs upgraded, RIC needs liquidity to survive. In the meantime, we need zapple listed on cmc etc.

Edit: just to clarify, I do think we need a newer wallet version but really only something like version 0.12.1-0.14.1 would be sufficient. Adding segwit to this coin is largely unnecessary and will only increase the amount of work required for this upgrade.

Riecoin Pool http://uBlock.it/
IGJ

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:55:04 AM

Hello,
  I am new here, but watching this thread since the beginning, also mining, trading and trying to support riecoin network since the firsts days Gatra launched this amazing project. Riecoin is one of the few coins that make sense, because finding huge numbers primes and setting new records in mathematical field is not waste of energy and computing power.

Poloniex circus (pardon circle:) team are idiots ! Four months they keep the wallet disabled and now they delisting the riecoin because lack of trade volume (sorry i call them idiots, but cant find other proper world in my mind when i see the facts). I am pretty sure those who sell now will cry later, and those who buying now will be rich in the feature (I personally bought around 500k and will keep going). Minimal price of riecoin must be around 1500 sat (that only to cover energy for mining).

I have no doubts riecoin will survive, but to make it better we need to form community. I think we need more and better advertising, to let people knows riecoin is much better coin than all tons bulshit coins which are total waste of energy. Riecoin algorithm is unique and useful for humanity and is perfect balanced to control the inflation. Also we need to attract investors to can support the project (Universities around the world will have interest in this coin im sure).

I started to work on riecoin core upgrade, patching it on hand with patches from upper versions of bitcoin core. I think it is better to trace potential problems and bugs, when doing small changes , than to patch last version of bitcoin core with riecoin algorithm. But this going slowly because im learning in details how code works. Doing this I started to ask myself why we need this, why should we update riecoin core to last bitcoin core version and be cloning of it, is not better to develope something entirely thing, of course we can take some good features from other cores and implement it. No matter which direction will be chosen I started to realize it is not task for one man and we will need team for that, and in future things will be better if there is team. Even not only one team, at all we will need developing team, testing team, advertising team and e.t.c. I know everybody of us have full time job and is short with time, but if we are enough people and give 1-2 hours per week for the project, the things will move on.

For first maybe is better to start from official web site, to make it look actual, with more information on it and to form some kind of comunity there. In the past there was forum on the site do somebody know why it disappeared ? Also who is holding the site now? Gatra ?
coin2.0

Activity: 622
Merit: 251

love coins

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 08:59:47 AM

game over
IGJ

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:13:15 AM

game over

Game for this coin even not started yet. If the game is over for you, always can give away or donate your RICs.
hopguide

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:34:08 AM

The price will probably stay outregeously low until August 2nd and days after, but I already bought the dip. I do not care if it crashes further as I am sure that it will eventually recover. $370 k market cap is absurd for this project, Primecoin is $30 M, Riecoin is so much undervalued. A good indicator is that the difficulty is still not moving.

It might be interesting to monitor the Poloniex's balances, it can give a good indication about how many RIC are waiting to sell, but we can hope that most of it are not owned by stupid sellers. The delisting might finally not be so bad, as the volume will be transfered to Zapple, which will gain some nice exposure.

At this point I actually believe that funds should be used to list RIC on another exchange, rather than upgrading the wallet. Just my two cents.

While I do agree the wallet needs upgraded, RIC needs liquidity to survive. In the meantime, we need zapple listed on cmc etc.

I think the opposite. Liquidity is great, but many people will still remain interested in this project regardless to the price of RIC, and these people have the most genuine interest. And if we release a wallet first and do some more advertising, the project will be more credible, and it will likely be easier to list it in the other exchanges.

I was going to post something else, but IGJ said most of what I was going to say...

Poloniex circus (pardon circle:) team are idiots ! Four months they keep the wallet disabled and now they delisting the riecoin because lack of trade volume (sorry i call them idiots, but cant find other proper world in my mind when i see the facts). I am pretty sure those who sell now will cry later, and those who buying now will be rich in the feature (I personally bought around 500k and will keep going). Minimal price of riecoin must be around 1500 sat (that only to cover energy for mining).

Idiot is a weak word to describe them. And agree, Riecoin should be at 2 k-4 k sat or more (which would match the electricity price if the difficulty ever returns to 1700-1800. Time to buy before it is too late and profit.

I have no doubts riecoin will survive, but to make it better we need to form community. I think we need more and better advertising, to let people knows riecoin is much better coin than all tons bulshit coins which are total waste of energy. Riecoin algorithm is unique and useful for humanity and is perfect balanced to control the inflation. Also we need to attract investors to can support the project (Universities around the world will have interest in this coin im sure).

Totally agree. If I am not mistaken, DGA is a college professor. It would be great if some academic papers used Riecoin as a reference. Or if some research could be done to optimize more the mining (and fundamental math) algorithm.

I started to work on riecoin core upgrade, patching it on hand with patches from upper versions of bitcoin core ... I started to realize it is not task for one man and we will need team for that, and in future things will be better if there is team.

lzknr is currently working on the wallet too, and I read in a previous post that someone else was interested. You should contact them to work together. Another solution could be to start a wallet from scratch! Why not propose something like Electrum which does not require to sync! We do not have to have just one wallet!

For first maybe is better to start from official web site, to make it look actual, with more information on it and to form some kind of comunity there. In the past there was forum on the site do somebody know why it disappeared ? Also who is holding the site now? Gatra ?

Gatra is still alive, but makes only very rare appearances. But sure, the website needs to be always updated. Someone else should be elected to own the domain and manage it. Even if Lzknr releases a great wallet update, if nothing follows, RIC will become a zombie again, we need a fresh website.

The Bitcoin wallet updates should be merged regularly with the Riecoin official one, and we must motive people to contribute to this project. There is already the idea of a hard fork to mine different tuple sizes, such that we could mine with both CPU and GPU, which sounds promising.

Someone could create a faucet. A mobile wallet. You could do it, IGJ!

People should be motivated to propose and use services which use the Riecoin's chain, like a proof of existence service for almost free, or even protocols like Counterparty. Such things can be done with any blockchain, but the fact that Riecoin uses an useful proof of work algorithm is a great bonus.

Why not think big and imagine Riecoin replacing Litecoin and all those so called equitable shitforks!

game over

It looks like that someone else was pissed of too and sent some coins to a burn address. Throw away your coins there and go away.
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 04:19:08 PM

i had shitloads of work and didnt realise what happened. thanks everyone for all the information. i'm pretty sure that riecoin will survive meaning that i'm still mining and holding.
it has a practical purpose unlike many coins out there.

i agree that the website needs a make over and i'm happy to see that there is progress with upgrading the wallet too.

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:18:00 PM

glad to see that the coin and project is still alive.

Will see the best place to move the coins from POLO.. will certainly not sell and on the contrary will hold as long as it takes to be a success.

I never paid attention about the CPU mining for RIC...

QUESTION: is it possible to mine it on CPU with quite low hash power (200H/s)?
I mean and be a little profitable over time

I know there are no much chances, but I am currently mining another coins that way
and this is doing well.

thanks for replying soon

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Altcoinlover

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:27:24 PM

reading recent messages makes me understand that now, the only exchange is zapple. OK

About the wallet, is it still the latest version the one from 2014?

thanks

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

osmansonmez

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:31:03 PM

i am very unhappy for riecoin. I think Gatra must do something hard and work relisting for big exchanges.
Altcoinlover

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:17:49 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2018, 09:02:15 PM by Altcoinlover

HELP please...

Just downloaded the wallet. Cannot find connections to the network.

I did not find in the OP / website addnodes to add.

Finally, the wallet found some connections after a long time.

Also, is there a boostrap to speed up syncing?

the syncing seems it will take for ever....

thanks in advance

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

ziiip

Activity: 255
Merit: 102

uBlock.it Admin

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 07:56:42 AM
Merited by xandry (1)

HELP please...

thanks in advance

I will upload a new copy of the blockchain and host on ublock.it for anyone that needs an updated copy of the chain.

Here are some "good " nodes you may add to your wallet

Lastly, you may want to be careful opening up Riecoin for incoming connections as nodes that accept incoming connections have been repeatedly ddosd in the past.

Code:

Riecoin Pool http://uBlock.it/
Altcoinlover

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:14:42 PM

HELP please...

thanks in advance

I will upload a new copy of the blockchain and host on ublock.it for anyone that needs an updated copy of the chain.

Here are some "good " nodes you may add to your wallet

Lastly, you may want to be careful opening up Riecoin for incoming connections as nodes that accept incoming connections have been repeatedly ddosd in the past.

Code:

thanks for the nodes.

Will you tell when you will have uploaded the bootstrap, please?

Then, what are the implications of what you advised in the last part of your message? "Lastly, you may want to be careful opening up Riecoin for incoming connections as nodes that accept incoming connections have been repeatedly ddosd in the past."

In which way we should be careful?

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Altcoinlover

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:17:58 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 12:32:23 PM by Altcoinlover

I created the Riecoin conf file.

Is that important how I wrote Riecoin.conf (with a R in capital)?

HELP:
after installing the conf file and reopening the wallet, I get an error message
telling that the system cannot analyse the conf file because of the way addnodes are written.

Could it be because it needs to have the info addnode before the numbers?

ADDENDUM: yep, I added the addnode=
and it works

Now, please, if you have the bootstrap, it will be much appreciated.

The wallet is taking for ever to syn ;-)

thanks

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

hopguide

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:29:38 PM

Where did you get the 200 H/s?

With a weak CPU, you might still earn a few RIC each week, but you should use a powerful 6 or more cores one like a i7 or a R7 to earn appreciable payouts. Profitability is currently out of question, but used to be fair, and will be again when the prices will return to acceptable ranges. A small processor with very low power consumption could still be profitable if you do not use the computer just for the sake of mining, but do background mining.

As they are the best for freezing things, Poloniex should freeze RIC sell orders, panic sellers should not be allowed to sell... When will they understand that they can just keep their RIC without selling and send then to Zapple?

i am very unhappy for riecoin. I think Gatra must do something hard and work relisting for big exchanges.

Dude, we all understood that you are disappointed, so go support some other project, and come back here only if you have something interesting to tell about the project. And you need to understand that Gatra will not do much for the project like Satoshi, Riecoin is ours since long.
pt.miner

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:06:28 PM

As they are the best for freezing things, Poloniex should freeze RIC sell orders, panic sellers should not be allowed to sell... When will they understand that they can just keep their RIC without selling and send then to Zapple?

I wish Zapple was open to those of us in the US to do this!
Buzhou

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:30:34 PM

I've been out for a few days and I noticed that Poloniex will remove RIC and with that, prices have collapsed! It's a great opportunity to buy, I'll wait another 1 or 2 days to take action! Although waiting for an updated wallet, Gatra is absent, maybe this has impacted Poloniex's actions.
Take this coin to a DEX, like CryptoBridge.
Altcoinlover

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:57:10 AM

Where did you get the 200 H/s?

With a weak CPU, you might still earn a few RIC each week, but you should use a powerful 6 or more cores one like a i7 or a R7 to earn appreciable payouts. Profitability is currently out of question, but used to be fair, and will be again when the prices will return to acceptable ranges. A small processor with very low power consumption could still be profitable if you do not use the computer just for the sake of mining, but do background mining.

please, don't be sarcastic... not everybody can have more powerful machine. Everyone has his own reality and options. I do what I can with what I have, and I appreciate no cynism ;-)

My little machine is already earning me what will be good income when prices of all alts will be back to something "normal".

When this is not mining, this is staking, which at the end of the day is the same... gaining new / free coins using our machine.

For sure, all staking / mining, should be a background activity, or for a multitude of coins.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. I will not touch RIC for mining. Will just hold.... if the wallet is able to be in sync.
It has been syncing for almost 30 hours, and it remains 2 years behind!!!!

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

hopguide

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:30:14 AM

please, don't be sarcastic... not everybody can have more powerful machine. Everyone has his own reality and options. I do what I can with what I have, and I appreciate no cynism ;-)

I did not mean to be sarcastic, I just wanted to help you answering your question, sorry if you misread me. Mining with a small CPU is perfectly fine, but for efficiency and profitability, it is much better to have a powerful CPU.

Just wait 2-3 days for syncing, the wait will be worth it! I just hope that we will not have to download again the blockchain with the update.

I wish Zapple was open to those of us in the US to do this!

Seriously? Why is it not open for US people? Geographic restrictions should be a thing of the past, this is disappointing... Is it a marketing strategy to earn some reputation before opening to so many potential customers?

You could still try to sign in by lying about your location though, I do not think that they would bother checking that you actualy have an non US IP...

I've been out for a few days and I noticed that Poloniex will remove RIC and with that, prices have collapsed! It's a great opportunity to buy, I'll wait another 1 or 2 days to take action! Although waiting for an updated wallet, Gatra is absent, maybe this has impacted Poloniex's actions.
Take this coin to a DEX, like CryptoBridge.

Yeah, do not wait too long before someone wipes the sell orders! This is a huge occasion to make some nice profit. And true, if Gatra came more often, Poloniex could still keep RIC listed. But great projects do no need to be listed in the worst exchange of the world, and we count on current developers to make them regret delisting it now and make new exchange wanting to list us.

We know that if we update the wallet, Barter DEX will likely list it, as they just required that some functions were implemented, which will be the case with the new wallet. Someone shoud remember to contact the CEO when the update will be ready.

Lzknr, or anyone trying to earn the 0.6 BTC bounty, do you have a Riecoin Core Github repository, so we can see the progress?
Altcoinlover

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:46:34 AM

Just wait 2-3 days for syncing, the wait will be worth it! I just hope that we will not have to download again the blockchain with the update.

thanks for the update. When is plan the update?

Just curious, why all people giving news about the project have newbie / jr account in BTCtalk?

This is the case for RIC but for so many other projects...

It should be a strong reason because in all cases, that does not give a good feeling
and trust.

No offence.... it should be way older accounts... not new opened accounts
which are pushing and updating on a project ;-)

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: