Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684940 times)
glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:46:25 AM

No sarcasm here at all. I think you're absolutely right in fact. I know when I check out new coins its the bitcointalk release first page, the last few pages, and the website. . . If it looks good I'll check it out further. Not sure why the first page here isn't a top priority.

goin2mars started complaining just a few hours ago about the un-updated announcement.  Since then, Gatra has already added a ton of current info to the OP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:52:14 AM

coin can loose first mover advantage and be left in the dust this way if a clone pops up fast enough with more diverse network from the start i think ... just hope the clone is not released before the network-thing is sortet  Roll Eyes

network is first priority. If you don't have one you don't have a coin.
If your network is not diverse you can not tell people you have a (fully) decentralized (and secure) currency because it would be a lie.

Prediction: now a round of some fud for everybody with some selling of course and then we see price threefold in a few hours after the third pool came on and nobody has more than that 50% of the network. Is also best scenario.

i hope it makes some sense

Yeah, if this coin gets even two more pools the price will skyrocket.

I think I read a few posts about these prices right now being criminally low . . but right now this coin is a highly centralized currency minted by one group of people. It's funny to watch the main riecoin.org page advertising as decentralized and know they're full of it because of that.

This coin is partially-decentralized right now, but unless at least 2-3 more pools pop up to make it decentralized it will just continue to be bullied down on the markets until it's worth even less than a few days ago.

The coin's just spinning it's wheels with one pool. . .sinking deeper and deeper.

I made the video so since you're saying I'm full of shit I'll respond to that. The mentions of 'decentralization' are in regards to the coin design and code, not the current state of the community. I could have made a video that made the claim "fully decentralized once more pools are added", but that would soon need to be edited. . .Unless I had no expectation that more pools would ever be created, in which case why would I bother making a promotional video?

I also got a donation of 250RIC for creating the video, there was a post for 500RIC for a block explorer, I think there are bounties for pools too. There are discussion of how to get more pools going and such here: riecointalk.com.

Oy mate bring it down a notch. I'm saying the currency is not really decentralized right now, and the fact that the dev(s) would use your vid to claim this is decentralized is wrong at this second . . and every second since the coin has launched since there has only been two choices since we started . . solo or ypool. Don't go an quote me the other one because it was garbage and died like it should have. Your video is great, except it doesn't describe this coin right now at all.

I'm gonna say for like the seventeenth time: Stop redirecting people to a site that nobody will want to go to. I'm not going to a site that isn't this one because this is where people are looking to speculate. Not the coin graveyard.
goin2mars

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:55:07 AM

No sarcasm here at all. I think you're absolutely right in fact. I know when I check out new coins its the bitcointalk release first page, the last few pages, and the website. . . If it looks good I'll check it out further. Not sure why the first page here isn't a top priority.

goin2mars started complaining just a few hours ago about the un-updated announcement.  Since then, Gatra has already added a ton of current info to the OP.

And in response, I've put up a ticket for cryptorush and unburied the reddit thread for coinedup and posted here. Gatra is clearly responsive and very capable, which is way favorable. I like the PoW of this coin a lot, but the news/marketing aspect of it is hurting it badly.

Also, just saying again to post in the subreddit I linked please.
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:22:53 AM

coin can loose first mover advantage and be left in the dust this way if a clone pops up fast enough with more diverse network from the start i think ... just hope the clone is not released before the network-thing is sortet  Roll Eyes

If your network is not diverse you can not tell people you have a (fully) decentralized (and secure) currency because it would be a lie.

Prediction: now a round of some fud for everybody with some selling of course and then we see price threefold in a few hours after the third pool came on and nobody has more than that 50% of the network. Is also best scenario.

I think I read a few posts about these prices right now being criminally low . . but right now this coin is a highly centralized currency minted by one group of people. It's funny to watch the main riecoin.org page advertising as decentralized and know they're full of it because of that.

This coin is partially-decentralized right now, but unless at least 2-3 more pools pop up to make it decentralized it will just continue to be bullied down on the markets until it's worth even less than a few days ago.

The coin's just spinning it's wheels with one pool. . .sinking deeper and deeper.

I made the video so since you're saying I'm full of shit I'll respond to that. The mentions of 'decentralization' are in regards to the coin design and code, not the current state of the community. I could have made a video that made the claim "fully decentralized once more pools are added", but that would soon need to be edited. . .Unless I had no expectation that more pools would ever be created, in which case why would I bother making a promotional video?

I also got a donation of 250RIC for creating the video, there was a post for 500RIC for a block explorer, I think there are bounties for pools too. There are discussion of how to get more pools going and such here: riecointalk.com.

Oy mate bring it down a notch. I'm saying the currency is not really decentralized right now, and the fact that the dev(s) would use your vid to claim this is decentralized is wrong at this second . . and every second since the coin has launched since there has only been two choices since we started . . solo or ypool. Don't go an quote me the other one because it was garbage and died like it should have. Your video is great, except it doesn't describe this coin right now at all.

I'm gonna say for like the seventeenth time: Stop redirecting people to a site that nobody will want to go to. I'm not going to a site that isn't this one because this is where people are looking to speculate. Not the coin graveyard.

Its up a notch? I'm agreeing completely coin is not decentralized right now. The dev's "use" of my video is just that - he posted it. I wrote the script, I created the design. Suppose the coin was as yet unreleased and I wanted to promote it. Since the code was exclusively on Gatra's computer at that time I could have created a video describing a fully centralized coin existing soley on one man's computer, but that would be counter-productive and would soon require a re-edit. You get this right? . . I suppose Gatra could just keep my video in cold storage until there are more pools added, but again why? Anyone who takes 5 mins to investigate this coin can see there is a problem with pools and that the coin is 2 weeks old. I think its pretty obvious that 'decentralization' is referring to the coin's design not the state of a 2 weeks old community.

And yes, I heard your seventeen earlier renditions of that point and have taken it to heart with thanks. This is why I've re-posted info about bounties here that came from from Riecointalk.com. Wasn't it established that double posting the information was probably smartest? Leaving an organized place for the hard core fans and an updated feed in the most important thread. What am I missing here? You want me to post reference to another discussion without leaving a link to it?
trny

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:50:58 AM

It was a direct PM to the dev from me, influenced by suggestions here, addressing an updated [ANN] that got the ball rolling. Gatra is super responsive and willing to guide/direct community members if needed. In the future, I encourage everyone to shoot him a message if there is something he can do (within his power) to help the coin. Anything from assistance understanding the source code to updates/urgent announcements.

On another note, a wiki would be another great next addition to have. Pages describing the primesr method and the protocol specification would be an immediate priority. Anyone able to host?
goin2mars

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:00:55 AM

Its up a notch? I'm agreeing completely coin is not decentralized right now. The dev's "use" of my video is just that - he posted it. I wrote the script, I created the design. Suppose the coin was as yet unreleased and I wanted to promote it. Since the code was exclusively on Gatra's computer at that time I could have created a video describing a fully centralized coin existing soley on one man's computer, but that would be counter-productive and would soon require a re-edit. You get this right? . . I suppose Gatra could just keep my video in cold storage until there are more pools added, but again why? Anyone who takes 5 mins to investigate this coin can see there is a problem with pools and that the coin is 2 weeks old. I think its pretty obvious that 'decentralization' is referring to the coin's design not the state of a 2 weeks old community.

And yes, I heard your seventeen earlier renditions of that point and have taken it to heart with thanks. This is why I've re-posted info about bounties here that came from from Riecointalk.com. Wasn't it established that double posting the information was probably smartest? Leaving an organized place for the hard core fans and an updated feed in the most important thread. What am I missing here? You want me to post reference to another discussion without leaving a link to it?

Not just references, I want 1:1 trading value with bitcoin or at least litecoin. I want an Ubuntu wallet. I want an infographic. I want a Mac wallet. I want 50+ pools. I want giveaways. I want faucets. I want news articles. I want high difficulty. I want recognition about the transaction malleability workaround. I want fully anonymous transactions obscured by TOR. I want a community full of prime-number pictures and people spouting grammatically erroneous sentences. I want MPOS pools with trollboxes in them. I want android apps. I want ATM's. I want merchants. I want further optimized miners. Most of all I want to walk into a thread and not have a guy who doesn't even sound like he's on board with this coin trying to get it on exchanges.

Fucks sake, cage coin is about to be on more exchanges than this one and this one's actually got something going on under it.
azhago

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:59:41 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 12:57:15 PM by azhago

Hello,
I'm mining on YPOOL (no really many choice)
I make 24 Rie/day
Is solo mine worth it for me?

Another question : rminerd announce "expected time to bloc" : xxxxxxxxx
I suppose the time is in seconds ?

and, last, what's the best sieve setting?

exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:51:39 PM

is there any difficulty with this coin getting on pools ?
why are there no more , is there anything special about the mining , if npot ill contact a couple of pools and try to get them to accept it
remistevens

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:55:08 PM

Not just references, I want 1:1 trading value with bitcoin or at least litecoin. I want an Ubuntu wallet. I want an infographic. I want a Mac wallet. I want 50+ pools. I want giveaways. I want faucets. I want news articles. I want high difficulty. I want recognition about the transaction malleability workaround. I want fully anonymous transactions obscured by TOR. I want a community full of prime-number pictures and people spouting grammatically erroneous sentences. I want MPOS pools with trollboxes in them. I want android apps. I want ATM's. I want merchants. I want further optimized miners. Most of all I want to walk into a thread and not have a guy who doesn't even sound like he's on board with this coin trying to get it on exchanges.

For sure, I would also love to see all of that. Have you offered any bounties to see some of those things happen? The dev didn't premine, so we can't depend on him for funds. There's someone calling themselves the RiecoinWhale whose giving out bounties, but surely at personal expense. The botnet, attacker, or whathaveyou isn't going to hold the coin or offer bounties - they clearly are ready to sell at any price.

That leaves us. People who own some RIC and want to see it take off.

I took the donation I received for making the video and dedicated most of it to a bounty for website re-design. Read all about it here, or don't: http://riecointalk.com/index.php/topic,139.0.html
remistevens

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:02:36 PM

It was a direct PM to the dev from me, influenced by suggestions here, addressing an updated [ANN] that got the ball rolling. Gatra is super responsive and willing to guide/direct community members if needed. In the future, I encourage everyone to shoot him a message if there is something he can do (within his power) to help the coin. Anything from assistance understanding the source code to updates/urgent announcements.

On another note, a wiki would be another great next addition to have. Pages describing the primesr method and the protocol specification would be an immediate priority. Anyone able to host?

I agree, Gatra has been very fast and attentive to messages and requests. He's been working with people who are trying to set up pools also and said it is a priority....What he doesn't do is engage in fruitless debates on the forum. Personally, I think that's smart. He shouldn't be taking the defensive here at all - he's created a great coin and is supportive and welcoming.
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:32:37 PM

what can i do now other than voting , if i dont have any programming and designing skills ? Tongue
causevd

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:47:26 PM

Price is fair enough for now but still low 0.4USD per 1 RIC. I think it will skyrocket soon  Grin
cabin

Activity: 604

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:51:52 PM

Hello,
I'm mining on YPOOL (no really many choice)
I make 24 Rie/day
Is solo mine worth it for me?

Another question : rminerd announce "expected time to bloc" : xxxxxxxxx
I suppose the time is in seconds ?

and, last, what's the best sieve setting?

It would be worth it for you if the solo miner were as fast as the ypool miner, but for now it is not.
steban

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:17:44 PM

RIE needs more pools, that should be number one priority now.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 07:22:29 PM

Edited OP.

I'm still working on a customized stratum-mining for Riecoin. I contacted a few pools that support non-standard PoWs without success.

Meanwhile, I made an optimized solo miner. Download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/riecoin/files/cpuminer%20rminerd%203.1.1/

You are definitely on the right track but there is still plenty of room for improvements. I did a test run on testnet but most solved blocks were rejected.

Are you seeing the same error I'm seeing?

ERROR: CheckWork() : block with too much proof-of-work

I'm getting this with the stock version of gatra's optimized miner and with my own.  If someone else has debugged this already, I'd appreciate knowing what the solution is.  I'm guessing it's something about not setting the nBits field properly in a reply from the miner - gatra?

(Frustratingly, I also got this error solo mining)

Supercomputing

Activity: 278

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:53:20 PM

Edited OP.

I'm still working on a customized stratum-mining for Riecoin. I contacted a few pools that support non-standard PoWs without success.

Meanwhile, I made an optimized solo miner. Download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/riecoin/files/cpuminer%20rminerd%203.1.1/

You are definitely on the right track but there is still plenty of room for improvements. I did a test run on testnet but most solved blocks were rejected.

Are you seeing the same error I'm seeing?

ERROR: CheckWork() : block with too much proof-of-work

I'm getting this with the stock version of gatra's optimized miner and with my own.  If someone else has debugged this already, I'd appreciate knowing what the solution is.  I'm guessing it's something about not setting the nBits field properly in a reply from the miner - gatra?

(Frustratingly, I also got this error solo mining)

You will need to comment out lines 4701-4705 in main.cpp and recompile or use the previous client (version 0.8.6)
https://github.com/riecoin/riecoin/blob/0.8.6-ric/src/main.cpp

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 08:00:27 PM

You will need to comment out lines 4701-4705 in main.cpp and recompile or use the previous client (version 0.8.6)
https://github.com/riecoin/riecoin/blob/0.8.6-ric/src/main.cpp

Have you tested that these blocks will be accepted by other nodes?

There's a similar test, e.g., in ProcessBlock:

nbNewBlock > bnBestChainLastDiff * 2

*oh*.  Now I see.  The test on 4701 is buggy - it's multiplying the wrong side.

Guh.  Thank you.  If I get a block, you get coins. :-)

-Dave

onebutton

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:07:03 PM

I like pure cpu coin
remistevens

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:31:56 PM

what can i do now other than voting , if i dont have any programming and designing skills ? Tongue

That's cool, glad to see you here. What type of work/skill do you have then?

Any chance you speak another language other than English fluently? I think we should have translations of all Riecoin's text info and versions of the promo video in other languages. Gatra has said he'll get a Spanish voice over recorded - but all other languages would be very welcome. The way I see it, mathematics isn't culturally specific in any way, so the more languages we can connect with people in the better. Here is the script for anyone interested in doing some translating, you'd need to record at roughly the same speed as the English voice so that the timing works (I won't be able to fix timing because I won't understand the words). Definite cool factor from this for anyone who provides voice work too. 6000 people in the last 5 days have heard me as the voice of Riecoin - I had no idea last week that this week I would be such a spokesperson, but that's how things go I guess.

Video is posted on Riecoin.org for reference.

Script to be translated:
""Riecoin is a decentralized crypto currency built on Bitcoin offering an entirely new proof-of-work.  Miners of Riecoin process transactions in the same way Bitcoin miners do, but the mining of Riecoins produces a byproduct that is of value to the scientific community - highly verified prime sextuplets, or prime numbers. In fact, if enough people mine Riecoins all at once, they could collectively generate prime sextuplets 559 digits long that would break world records! All of this on a completely decentralized p2p currency with a fair launch - pretty cool right? . . .The coin gets its name from famous 19th century mathematician Bernhard Riemann who investigated the Riemann zeta function and established its importance for understanding the distribution of prime numbers. The data collected from Riecoin mining tests Hardy-Littlewook k-tuple conjectures regarding the distribution of primes using Riemann's zeta function; its information that could prove invaluable to human understanding of mathematics. . . .Riecoin also functions as an advanced decentralized currency. Like Bitcoin, there is no central authority, no one can change the ledger or double spend. To safeguard a fair launch, the first 24hrs following Riecoin's release offered no reward. This novel approach allowed early miners to verify there was no premine and have their miners tested and running when the coins finally started flowing. Riemann's algorithm also provides a stable, predictable supply of new coins, so its well suited for payment systems and as an investment. Feel free to ask any questions you might have - the Riecoin community is always happy to help. . . If you'd like to support p2p decentralized currency and help create world record breaking mathematical research in prime numbers - start mining Riecoins today on your computer!"

Obviously mining and buying Riecoins will also help.

Failing that. Post your comments/concerns here. Make suggestions for improvements. Thank people when they do things, thank Gatra when he posts an update. Any way to keep this thread active is very helpful. People investigating the coin want to see an active discussion with lots of people taking an interest in the coin...so in that regard you're already helping and its much appreciated!
agx.io

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:33:13 PM

@truckythin: Thanks for noticing that RIC is currently not listed on markets at AGX. We are working with the RIC team on a dev question and hope to reintroduce it soon.

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
twitter.com/austinglobalx
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: