Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:52:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5399 times)
JungleEskimo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:11:45 PM

I think many, many people are completely ignorant about how money moves, and just how much money exists out in the wild. You'd be surprised at how most peoples attitude towards money hasnt developed past grade school level. People think the world is fair, everyone plays by the same rules, and good god i once saw a couple refuse to declare bankruptcy and live broke with a half a million dollars in debt because thats the right thing to do.

Anyway what im trying to say is we dont teach how money works in schools for a sinister reason. Your history books barely gloss over how the federal reserve works. People dont understand the relation banks have between credit and cash. Youd be fucking surprised at the kind of games people are capable of playing with money. Lots of money.

Price maniuplation is real, and its probably driven by a machine learning algorithm, and most people live inside a comfort zone that makes all this look silly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:33:42 PM

of course it can be.
no rules,no law.
its free for all
in this cases.
if u have a lot of money,
u can manipulated some coins.
exchange sites is one of them

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:35:21 PM

Where did all these asian exchanges come from with millions in trading volume, of course they manipulate things.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:39:14 PM

Great. First we were afraid about the whales making bad moves and now we have to be afraid about the crypto exchanges themselves. That feels literally bad and I think we can not do anything about it because well, we live in decentralized sphere where anyone basically can do anything. That's really not worth it and if we are putting our money over these exchanges then they are already making loads of money. What I don't understand is why they even need to manipulate the prices. Cheesy stuff.
ntrader

Activity: 264
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 04:39:32 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
yes. it was done 1 week before this. you can check (https://t.me/cryptomonitors/640). crypto market some times manipulate but there is no worry for people that aim for long term. if you be patient you can sell at good points.
Enochian

Activity: 327
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:42:14 PM

of course it can be.
no rules,no law.
its free for all
in this cases.
if u have a lot of money,
u can manipulated some coins.
exchange sites is one of them
I think same. Always big money have possibilities and make manipulations. Why? Because it's a big money. And they have the one goal - to become bigger. And it's not important crypto or stock exchanges. Manipulations were and will always
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:43:19 PM

To be honest yes market can be manipulated and it is manipulated by the guys who entered first in cryptocurrencies world and still kept their funds here . I recommend you to hold your funds as more you can ; sometime you will be on profit
dollurs

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:52:15 PM

Yes. If you have a large investment even you can manipulate the price. In generally investors with large investments sometimes manipulate the price of the market not matter what the market is, whether it is crypto or forex.
404edson

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:53:24 PM

Every game has one or more taking advantage as they were in the perfect position in which they have a massive capital to invest. It seems like they were baiting they're money for the particular coin so the crowd attracted to the development of the coin which totally rising then it will immediately pulled out if they had already met their expected profit. Knowledge and money are the perfect combination for today's game.
huntingbtc5

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:56:49 PM

If a large group of big investors decide to do something sell or buy, it can put effect on the price. And I think they consult with each other before taking any step. So yes I think it has been manipulating all this time.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:59:49 PM

Manipulation of prices done by group of big time investors called whales are a thing. Also their are pump and dump groups that are very unhealthy to the market as they either spread negative or possitive news to tokens that they want to affect the price or they just invest into a coin or token then if it peaks they quickly sell out.
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:06:39 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Yeah, somehow possible but not all the time because cryptocurrencies were build to be among the decentralize digital currency up to this now. Manipulating was just a small move of those people who were pumping or dumping the coins that they want to manipulate for a short period of time
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:07:23 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.

Of course it can be manipulated no matter how big it is but the issue here is the difficulty in achieving that is where the real issues lies. All of the pump and dump groups, trading signals and telegram and other social media sites are all forms of market manipulations. But for BTC its going to some high level power play to have been invoked to achieve such high price that is being discussed in that research which could either be true or just conjectures.
Ilmiyati

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:14:14 PM

I also think like that because I think if we have a large enough capital, then we have the potential to monopolize the market exchange
LazsFace

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:16:36 PM

yes, market can be manipulated...
tether is a great example of manipulation!
it has never been clear how tether works... another price market manipulation risk comes from whales...
they always dump everything and when the market start panicking they buy cheap...
CokeCoin

Activity: 235

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:22:01 PM

Of course, the price of bitcoin is influenced by the owners of exchanges. They correlate prices depending on their goals and for their own benefit.

Irviyandi

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:24:59 PM

If I think this market can not be manipulated because the market price is determined by the traders themselves and also the price can be determined by the supply of bitcoin and altcoin itself if altcoin and bitcoin have stayed a little could be the market price will rise, so will many are selling it.

itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 05:25:56 PM

Yes market can be manipulated, and tether has a role in it as well but largely manipulation is in the hands of big whales, if we see the current amount of most popular cryptocurrencies like EOS we'll know that about 5% people has more than 50% of total coins.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
elpsycongro

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:30:58 PM

It is not just can, but it is manipulated. Because of that we can see sometimes ETH dump,when EOS team tried to  dump then and pump their coins, now they sold out their eth and we will see in some months what eos is worth fo real

cryptajunkie

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:32:30 PM

They can and obviously they are. That's how it lives - dumping/pumping cycles, speculation et al. For me it was really hard to sort everything out, but now I seem like to be able to find patterns, analyze the market and make my judgement on that. I've got, btw, a very helpful tool alongside me - Cryptics AI forecasting, I'll check up with them every now and then. Guess, it's a valuable tool, check it out if interested
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: