Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:34:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5402 times)
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:32:58 PM

Market manipulation of course exists.This is done in order to affect the price level. One way is to spread false information in the media. This can change supply and demand .Another way is to make large transactions by prior collusion. Which leads to the same result. Manipulation of the market, it is an artificial control over the securities.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 05:40:12 PM

Market can be manipulated, there are bots set to certain exchanges that does that, and there is need to be careful when you are on exchanges.
Thus be careful.

effects of market manipulation can be
1. to spread false information on media,
2. to spread fud and force hodlers to dump
3. to make newbies make errors while trading and make losses

and many more
be careful always.
Pappy_1_

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:57:45 PM

I think manipulation is possible. Previously, there had been news manipulation. Maybe it's one of them. In any case, I think that if now manipulations to reduce the price, then in the future there will be manipulations to increase. I don't care, I just hold.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:14:50 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
If you don't think there was at least a LITTLE market manipulation then you haven't been in the crypto community for very long. I remember even back when I was just getting started in 2013 how there were incessant claims about the market being manipulated, along with all kinds of other arguments about who was doing it, if it was the whales, the exchanges, if the normal users could do anything to fight against it, all kinds of fun things. I could probably go back into my post history and find out just how often there were threads like that since I typically ended up involving myself in them.

The chances that the market was manipulated and that there were some things that happened because of that - which wouldn't have happened otherwise - is incredibly significant and honestly, in my opinion, nearly guaranteed. It's like with Mt.Gox in 2013; the market was manipulated, inflating the price, bringing Bitcoin into the forefront of the news cycle for a while. I personally got involved due to that manipulation, so it's not always bad.
rysheeer

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:16:25 PM

Yes for sure because there are a lot of whales on crypto just waiting for the right moment to earn more money by manipulating the market through pumping and dumping it, some could manipulate it through shilling as well.
Jana Wood

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:18:43 PM

This year, it's very good to manipulate the crypto-currency market. I think that even before the end of the year the low price for Bitcoin may last.
crptotrader007

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:20:43 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
Yes it can be and it has been in recent years.People whom we called whales in crypto world are behind these manipulation.These are powerful peoples with lot of money.
costgranda

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:22:39 PM

I think that all crypto - the market is constant maniipulyation the prices. In my opinion large players can operate the prices. And the price depends generally on their desire. I think that the last large falling of the market at the beginning of a year happened under vozdeystiviy whales. Therefore I hope that they will want to lift the market to the previous level soon.
WhyBit

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:23:51 PM

There are many claims about the market being manipulated along with all kinds of other arguments about who was doing it if it was the whales the exchanges if the normal users could do anything to fight against it, all kinds of fun things. because its not new its part of trade in many ways we cannot stop this
leialdover

Activity: 243
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:28:11 PM

In crypto, manipulation is simply noticeable starting from the day bitcoin had been discovered. All the news and rumors about crypto can easily affect and manipulate the market even it is fake. This is crypto and we should be immune with that,.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 06:29:00 PM

Crypto market maybe the easiest one to manipulate in the financial world, it is driven by many factors as well which are more powerful and determined than the individual.

Mahes4

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:29:04 PM

I think manipulation is possible. Previously, there had been news manipulation. Maybe it's one of them. In any case, I think that if now manipulations to reduce the price, then in the future there will be manipulations to increase. I don't care, I just hold.
ya whales can manipulate by pump and dump
but im sure if many big things in this world are also manipulated. so, we must follow their manipulating Grin

boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:30:58 PM

Of course, crypto market is highly manipulated market in my opinion.
I have read some articles saying that bitcoins price was manipulated with theter and nothing can surprise me here. I like to think that at the end of last year market wasn't manipulated but i don't believe in it.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:33:32 PM

of course the market can be manipulated, i dont think we realize of few people hold majority of bitcoin. Only until these gold piles are diluted will bitcoin become more stable and obviously not so volatile. Its actually quiet a shame because people making money are actually making money from noobs joining the crypto world for the first time and then bam they lose everything.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
VelascoMark20

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:58:06 AM

Yes it is possible, manipulating the price of coins can also be done by other persons. Hoarding coins is one of the other way of manipulating the market price. There are also natural ways like sell off of coins.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:01:14 AM

It is a decentralized market, so it is easier to manipulate when regulations are not even in play and there is no legal action for anyone who ends up doing so until further notice. Sure, it was obvious that the prices of most of the market are being tampered with so as to instigate FOMO and this is done mostly by whales and bitfinex does not have to be the only source. Even with the downtrend, it is still being manipulated.
Soroskatona

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:02:45 AM

Crypto is probably the easiest, or one of the easiest market to manipulate.
No regulations, anonimity, everything needed for pump and dump schemes, or other market manipulations. So easy for them.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:04:30 AM

Yes it is possible even in my country some local exchange announcnced there will be no support for fiat then all of sudden 40% decreased so ehales decide which one to pump and which one to dump . there is huge chance by bitfinex to manipulate using tether . But people wise enough used tether as a weapon to manipulate market.
hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:07:11 AM

of course. if market is long time stay still price already going big down trend. last time i believe in this.
Impros88

Activity: 293

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:50:02 AM

Of course it can be manipulated furthermore market is manipulated everyday, because all of our price creation process consists from manipulations dump and pump, so in another words we can say that the price is manipulative and agreed. Check on the price of Bitcoin, you can say that it is manipulated.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: