Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:22:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5399 times)
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:43:22 AM

Market can be manipulated, there are bots set to certain exchanges that does that, and there is need to be careful when you are on exchanges.
Thus be careful.

effects of market manipulation can be
1. to spread false information on media,
2. to spread fud and force hodlers to dump
3. to make newbies make errors while trading and make losses

and many more
be careful always.
All these things are already happening and by now, I expect that everyone should have gotten used to it and simply be able to act on it until probably there would be some regulation against that which in a way would not be easy though. The idea of manipulation is to drive the market in a way that pleases the player and that can be so frustrating even for traders at times, and now that we even have the future exchanges, it makes it even worse.
Siryosow

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:55:18 AM

I think if the pump and dump is possible in every market and the price really affected by this practice then it has a possibility that the price of bitcoin or other cryptos can be manipulated as well.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:01:29 AM

I am glad you came to know that from an article! Well, obviously who wouldn't manipulate this market when the authority is all in hands of public ? Bitfinex or Binanace it doesnt matter at all! They all are the same and have power to change the values because they do carry whole lot of money in their pockets. They are also humans back there and they will always try to manipulate the values for their own benefit. Its never going to be clean cheat all the time. If that would have been so easy then we would have seen the crypto currencies skyrocketed by this time.  Cheesy
nhoj25

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:03:57 AM

In my opinion, yes, manipulation do exists by whales (large investors) as well as of some exchanges. For the small-time investor there really isn’t much we can do to stop this. This is what being part of an unregulated market means, it means that things like wash trading and long/short liquidation hunting is allowed
Vzae

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:09:09 AM

Whenever, such a thing could happen. Because in every trade there is always a provocateur.
And the crypto market is the best place for manipulation, where there is no control. So, it will happen..
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:12:10 AM

Can't take such way even outside crypto, big whales have started it earlier and it is getting worse as of today. We can't see a huge increase as whales somewhat controlling the market trend. If that scenario will be minimized then, a huge possibility that we are in uptrend motion right now.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:19:55 AM

The crypto-currency market is not very large-scale, so it is not as difficult to manipulate him as the stock market. I'm pretty sure he's being manipulated. And that's the good news. If the market is artificially forced to lose capitalization, then the growth will definitely happen for sure. There's no doubt about that.
kickstarter

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:13:20 AM

Hate to sound like a conspiracy nut, but I think the market is constantly being manipulated by the major players (or whales as some call them)
I don't think there's anything we, regular crypto enthusiasts, can do about it, so it's not worth talking about I think
fcklife

Activity: 284

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:16:45 AM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
I think that only large investors can manipulate the price of cryptocurrency.
In my own opinion,maybe there are whale investors who manipulated the market,but we don't have basis for this kind of judgment. We need some evidence before we conclude that large investors manipulated the market.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:18:00 AM

100% of manipulation, which are visible even to the most common traders, look at the fall and rise of bitcoin, today it is obvious that only some exchanges can display such charts that were bought not so long ago by Goldman Sachs

dmgrinko1@gmail.com

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:42:19 AM

The market is always influenced from the outside and this is a very poor characteristic of it. We should look for projects that will not be interesting for such actions and will be a qualitative solution to the problems. Now such projects are not so much and you need to be cautious with your investments, it is very important for further development. I am now looking at the EON project and I hope that the project will show its working product in the near future, as soon as it appears on the market. The guys have everything to interest users and get share in the global gaming industry with its global market and a huge number of users. They build a gaming platform and this is very difficult work, but the fact that the guys are experienced, gives confidence in their success and that the platform will be really very high-quality
Hafamot

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:52:05 AM

It is possible to manipulate market and this can only come to pass after a lot of conditions are satisfied. The group or the person manipulating market must have the capital, must support the manipulation with FA that will convince people to do he wants (buy/sell)
kkamilov

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 10:55:46 AM

of course. There are whales with a lot of bitcoins on their account, they can manipulate the market
kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:34:51 AM

No one wants to risk big amounts of money and therefore there is nothing surprising in the manipulation in the cryptocurrency market. Experienced traders and news agencies work for rich people and this allows them to earn a big profit. Ordinary people can only to adapt to existing trends or just hold the cryptocurrency for a long time.
aamjanta

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:44:30 AM

What will be next to the Bitcoin ?? Price will up or down ?
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:03:28 AM

market can easily be manipulated by big investors or exchanges if they want, expecially with "minor" altcoins that have a lower market capitalization...
m suheri99

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:08:32 AM

I doubt that the cryptocurrency price manipulation can only manage one team. I'm sure it's a papal conspiracy, and a lot of people are involved.
yrsat

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:23:48 AM

When I first met critko, I would not have believed that the market was being manipulated and managed, but today I'm 100% sure of it, this confirms the market's fall for 6 months. A lot of positive news, but the market continues to fall and fall, the nerves of investors at the limit, and this process is run by big players.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:36:39 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
Even I think that the prices of bitcoin and other altcoins were manipulated. Recently there was decrease in the trade volume of BTC to 30% and then to 27% of the total volume traded in market whereas on the same day the trading volume of USDT increased to 22% on the total trading volume proving that many crypto currencies were converted to USDT. So I firmly believe that the price of crypto currencies was manipulated by bitfinex.
sarfwr

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:38:46 PM

Tether issued USDT currently has a major position in the whole market, so when they have too much USDT, they are free to manipulate the market price, this is a terrible thing, so I think it may be manipulated.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: