Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5399 times)
jackjones53

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:39:38 PM

Yes,it's quite possible. I think that this is the only reason why the price of the cryptocurrency is so much falling and growing, there can be no other reason
Aleksey1958

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:19:47 PM

Well, of course, everyone knows that the crypto market is very easy to manipulate.... Buying or selling huge volumes can greatly affect the behavior of the market
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:22:23 PM

Manipulation of the market has long been visible to ordinary people, I'm not talking about professional traders who understand and know these market laws, I'm talking about us with you - ordinary people who begin to understand how much they manipulate other people.
Boctok

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

And there is. Someone makes false deals and manipulates the exchange rate. It's difficult, but possible. Because with the fall of Bitcoin, the effect of the crowd will work.
tekinekan98

Activity: 157
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:04:43 PM

I am sure that the prices may be manipulated and some exchanges do just that. Price manipulation is not rarely noticed by experts and users.

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

https://cindx.io/
ArjCrypto

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:06:36 PM

Especially when the volume is low then the cryptomarket is a whale playground. They are making a lot in this current market making more Bitcoin every week.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:11:16 PM

It is pretty scary how easy it is to manipulate a price if you have the resources. I have been doing some research on “pump and dump” schemes for the past few months. I checked a lot of discord channels, telegram groups and more just to see how things work there. Everything is simple and a lot of people, from those same groups end up loosing money.

crypthomonkey

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:12:03 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
i really doubt it is true, but still it is so good to try ad understand how everything works, so who knows what will we know
crypthomonkey

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:12:47 PM

It is pretty scary how easy it is to manipulate a price if you have the resources. I have been doing some research on “pump and dump” schemes for the past few months. I checked a lot of discord channels, telegram groups and more just to see how things work there. Everything is simple and a lot of people, from those same groups end up loosing money.

i think that there are some influentional cryptocurrencie snad manybe even people behind them, but i doubt it is manipilated
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:33:37 PM

Tether has been accused of being the factor that moves the market up and down. I would give them credit for doing so, but this is nothing in comparison with BTC futures and the media that are imo manipulating the market in a significantly greater scale. I am confident that there is a great manipulation of ICOs as well. Losing 90% of an ICO price in a day? Come on, this can not be real  Wink. It seems like investors will have to HODL enough to let the weak hands sell their tokens and the rest of investors will be rewarded with their required ROI  Smiley.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:36:06 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Yeah sure market can be manipulated just like the way coin pump and dump works, if you have actually join any pump and dump group before, then you will agree with me that market can be manipulated
emily666

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:38:52 PM

Of course the market can be manipulated! The amount of money in crypto may seem little for retail investors but for institutions and other big investors and early adopters of crypto, it is still very small. They can manipulate the market however they want. You know the bogdanoff brothers? That meme is actually how whales manipulate the market but obviously, with less exaggeration in killing the investor etc.  Grin
ulum5

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:54:18 PM

if I think pribagi it seems impossible bitcoin prices in the manipulation by some people only. because the price of bitcoin in the market is mostly influenced by the demand not by some people.
madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:08:31 AM

Everything has a "true" value in this space and the market price keeps rubberbanding around that value. Manipulation works short term but if you hold long enough you probably won't be affected. Like if you held bitcoin in fall last year you are probably even right now.
damgdas

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:13:23 AM

I think only big investors can manipulate the price of cryptocurrency. There are many powerful individuals selling COINS on the market with the intention of lowering the price so that they can buy them cheaply and make a profit when the COINS are more valuable.
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:46:29 PM

I believe so that there are actually some big forces to be reckoned with when it comes to manipulating market prices especially for their own selfish good. Some of the ways this has been down in the past include sharing some news that triggers FUD in the minds of average investors. FOMO, which may eventually bring a bull run. All these among many others.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:07:36 PM

I think low liquidty markets can be manipulated a bit easier. And fake news through whole internet and many other ways to manipulate the market.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
irmasany

Activity: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:13:12 PM

of course, the market can be manipulated but the question is who manipulates it? would not you know that to manipulate the market requires huge capital?
today there are a lot of rumors that want to drop the crypto trade remains to this day it never happened.
batgrzl

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:30:21 AM

The market is sure to be manipulated by some people. They may not have the full power to do so, but they have a great influence on the price of coins.
MFY151

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:33:33 AM

The prices are really manipulated, I see this, because by all the rules of the market, which are available today, prices should have gone up many times, there are a lot of tools, but prices are still going down.

I think these so called whales are the most influential people that can affect the market prices since they have the majority of the cryptocurrency that everytime they moves makes a drastic changes in the market value.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: