Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:38:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5399 times)
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:53:52 PM

Whether it's possible or not remains to be proven but I do feel that market prices can be controlled either by increasing demand or supply for a product and I believe same can be applied to crypto.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:11:14 PM

Manipulation on the cryptocurrency market it is necessary to stop, as it negatively affects the price, so you need to exchange has passed an independent audit. To do this, it is time to adopt regulatory laws in each country.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:05:17 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 07:05:54 AM by jpoker272727

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
Based from what I've read and learned from this forum, it is really possible to manipulate the price of any coin in the market and those people who have the ability to do that are called whales, they are people who holds the majority of the coins.
lamba

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:48:45 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Surely manipulation is the best and imporant factor in crypto space. Also we are in that space because of that manipulations. We can not earn 10x 5x without manipulations my friend. that is really normal. whales are playing the prices easily. you and me investing 1k 2k dollar but they are playing with millions or billions.
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:58:53 PM

Well, can and can not! I do not have proof to say that I can, but I have experiences with situations where suddenly a coin exploded or lost its price! Anyway, one thing I've learned is that anyone who does not give up and hold their coins for many months, ends up being rewarded, like a high and low cycle!
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:01:28 AM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.

I don't think the market is impossible to be manipulated, it is possible to happening. If someone like bitfinex CEO own many cryptocurrencies,
he will be able to pump or dump the value of the coins in the market using their funds. But it maybe not an easy task.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:04:59 AM

Market can be manipulated. I can boldly say many markets are manipulated by the exchanges and some project owners creating fake volume and pumping the price to make it look as if the coin has high value.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 06:09:33 AM

Yes, and this is why cryto market is very volatile. Volatility in the cryptocurrency markets comes down to size. Small market = high volatility. That's why the alt coins are more volatile then Bitcoin - they are smaller therefore it doesn't take as much money to move their prices up or down. Very basic concept.

People say that Bitcoin will never be stable because it is volatile, this actually saying is that Bitcoin will never be big because it is small. Which doesn't make any sense. The current volatility has absolutely nothing to do with whether it will succeed or not. If Bitcoin was a mainstream currency, it would be more stable Smiley

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
kiryamikronov

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:17:44 AM

I think to manipulate the market very easy for those who have a lot of money, we call them whales. With such a small market capitalization, we are very dependent on introduced money into the market and Vice versa the one displayed. When large volumes of coins move to another cryptocurrency this is also causes the market to change accordingly, some coins are falling in price, others rise.

★★★ Excalibur OS ► 1 XOS = 0.000025 ETH ★★★
https://excaliburos.com/ || Token-Sale : 03.09.2018 - 31.01.2019
lovemsngr

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:31:35 PM

I think that the prices for crypto currency are really manipulated. This is a young market and its capitalization is not very large if compared, for example, with the stock market. Plus a large number of bitcoins are concentrated in a small number of people. they manipulate the price
I agree with you. People who hold the most bitcoins are manipulating the market to have more power over more people who don't hold so many bitcoins and altcoins.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:34:04 PM

Crypto market is already manipulated. If you mentioned, this year crypto was very unpredictable. Even with good news we saw the biggest dump. I think this is a real manipulation
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:48:37 PM

I believe that market manipulation is in full swing and you do not need to make a special study of this situation, but rather look at the history of the large exchanges and Tether’s wallets and impose the movement of assets on the chart and immediately understand that the market is completely manipulative. I would also add bitcoin futures and the expected ETH to the market manipulation tools. So, even the interesting times are waiting for us in the crypto market.
edynolan

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:10:49 PM

I think you can manipulate any object of interest. Since any field of activity has points on which you can click. And as well as what you can freely manipulate.
I wish those manipulators could manipulate the SEC decision and let us all off the hook. People are waiting for Bitcoin to moon again and losing patience.
Iarnnoshre

Activity: 238

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:14:12 PM

there are a lot ofmthings taht influence on the market but i think taht i can write a whole essay about them it is too long

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Iarnnoshre

Activity: 238

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:15:07 PM

I think you can manipulate any object of interest. Since any field of activity has points on which you can click. And as well as what you can freely manipulate.
I wish those manipulators could manipulate the SEC decision and let us all off the hook. People are waiting for Bitcoin to moon again and losing patience.
in my opinion if you want to try yourself in new sphere you can try hourself of course but you shoyld also know about the risks

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Yury1

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:19:11 AM

Manipulations at the cryptocurrency market is the main problem that deters most investors. Exchanges owners can have a significant impact on the dynamics of the prices of coins and because of this it becomes impossible to predict anything.
Alexarik

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:43:52 PM

The market is of course manipulated every day, so much good news and the prices of coins do not grow. Altcoins, manipulated by big players. That is why it is risky to invest in altcoin.
dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:25:04 PM

If you have enough resources, you can easily manipulate the price of cryptocurrencies. Their total capitalization is not so great for whales. If they decide that it's time to start a bullish trend, they easily organize it.
I also think that the market is not self-organized, although it is decentralized, but it is all human-made so the whales can twist it all they want and we will be clueless.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:31:58 PM

If you have enough resources, you can easily manipulate the price of cryptocurrencies. Their total capitalization is not so great for whales. If they decide that it's time to start a bullish trend, they easily organize it.
I also think that the market is not self-organized, although it is decentralized, but it is all human-made so the whales can twist it all they want and we will be clueless.
the fact is that this is exactly what is happening today. These are artificial manipulations that hinder the development of the foreign exchange market cryptography. I see some positive trends in changing cryptocurrency capitalization, but the market is completely different.
ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:45:29 PM

I don't think that is because coins are scattered and the main thing of all is because we use blockchain technology which is all well documented and transparent, in my opinion the market is not manipulated even though it seems to be controlled or played. but that is only because of capital problems so if you have a lot of capital then buy a large amount of coins so the price will go up and vice versa and this is what has happened so far

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: