Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:16:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:59:07 AM

Also if you have pix you'd like added to kittehmemes like the sexy kittehs above just link me to a version of it that is square and at least 512x512 in size Cool we want to add some variety!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:07:43 AM

Judaz49

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:42:00 AM

Also if you have pix you'd like added to kittehmemes like the sexy kittehs above just link me to a version of it that is square and at least 512x512 in size Cool we want to add some variety!
Dan can you update OP? There are some missing or false informations like pool and exchange list (says the coin yet to be listed on Cryptsy).Also a link to original thread would be cool thanks in advance.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:48:36 AM

MEOW finally hit the bottom  Wink

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:56:40 AM

Kitty wha happen to you!?
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:02:06 PM

You know now there is this: http://kittehmemes.tk Smiley thanks jonn4y!

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:22:48 PM

Dan can you update OP? There are some missing or false informations like pool and exchange list (says the coin yet to be listed on Cryptsy).Also a link to original thread would be cool thanks in advance.

Yes- I'll update this as soon as I'm off the clock excellent suggestions will get the OP updated ASAP.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
youAndMe

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:01:16 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 06:16:00 PM by youAndMe

hi guys, please help Kittehcoin to add Btc38.com, btc38 is the largest altcoin market in China, it will launch english version exchange!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501963.0
MEOW!!

ShareCoin Address:Sh7mBDFzjeLWw8Vyo348PGtH8EYUTZt5EV
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:04:31 PM

Could someone post a twit to Max Keiser?
Maybe he could pump it

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:39:19 PM

Yes- I'll update this as soon as I'm off the clock excellent suggestions will get the OP updated ASAP.

Hey Dano - it'd be great to see links to all of the announcements too.. That way someone new to Meow can take a peek at the awesome work you guys have been doing.. Would post them but I'm on the clock too  Undecided

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
dadikul

Activity: 188

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:20:26 PM

Could someone post a twit to Max Keiser?
Maybe he could pump it

YOU THINK SO ?  Roll Eyes
wB`

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:16:51 PM

guys get on here and vote Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501963.140
dadikul

Activity: 188

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:22:52 PM

+ vote vote
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:32:51 PM

A " marketing team" needs to be created. People need to be assigned tasks, (this person creates funny cat memes, this person posts on 4chan, this person to reddit, 9gag, etc etc) to get the word out and and create a buzz.
This is easier said than done when no one is getting paid.

The development team needs to go back to the drawing board and say; What has been done? and What can be done? What are other coins doing? What is no one doing? You can't exist in a vacuum. There is a world going on out there.
Saying "our coin is good and our coin will survive because there was no premine" is naive. A premine or IPO does not mean your coin won't survive. In fact having a development budget will help ensure it does thrive.

This may seem drastic but think about this:
What if the coin was relaunched as Kittehcoin 2.0 with adaptive scrypt-n to prevent multi-pools and asics?
This would prevent constant downward pressure from multi-pools autoselling.
You could create a trade-in like memorycoin or a burn-system like counterparty did where all MEOWS from 1.0 can be traded in for MEOWS from 2.0 so no one loses their stake.

Everyone would start at exactly the same place. But the coin would be stronger.

So easy to say, so much harder to do. You really think if we launch some "MEOW 2.0" anyone will trust it? What will happen to MEOW 1.0 if not traded in for 2.0? What are the specs of this MEOW 2.0? How would adaptive-N-Factor help at all? Asics are not our problem... Multpools are, adaptive N doesn't do anything for multipools. Also where will the marketing for MEOW 2.0 come from? How will MEOW 2.0 be explained relative to MEOW 1.0?.... "Well the original MEOW became too cheap and its spec was broken to start with, we fixed it and we added KGW... but then the value got low so we decided to make another one... its ok though, you can trade in your cheap 1.0 MEOW for 2.0 MEOW"?

To get a real "coin marketing team" in the sense people want it will cost money- real money. PMs from marketers have put this in the 5-10BTC range. If the community wants to help raise those funds, we will gladly use them to hire a "real" marketing team that can do nothing but pump the coin 24/7. If we want to do this, I'm all for it. i can setup a community wallet for donations, soon as we get to the target cost of the team (I'm talking about marketers like @ThisWeeksCoin and the likes) we'll make the payment, and we'll make sure the marketing team is "known" to the community so that they can voice their reactions to the marketing teams "work".

We need more actual involvement from the community, and less talk about what WE (the devs) need to do. This is an open source project. This is an international community. Why hasn't our community done more to help the coin grow and succeed? And when we add features or services requested by the community, why does no one use them? We are still hard at work on this coin, but to correct the issue with the value it is really a community effort. We need more people who will actually DO STUFF, instead of just complain about stuff and be negative.

We are testing http://contribute.kittehcoin.info for this exact purpose (community contribution). This will allow people to easily dip in and help kittehcoin out- development, marketing, ideas, etc. I see no reason for people to be waiting on this though, they could easily be tweeting about MEOW, blogging about it, posting items for sale using MEOW on AllSoS.com, turning friends on to it, posting memes, yet when I search kittehcoin on twitter I see my own posts, and those of the core early adopters. Post on twitter. Post on Facebook. Post on Google+. Post on forums. Don't just post here complaining.

http://www.reddit.com/r/kittehcoin/comments/1zl2h4/notice_posts_complaining_about_asking_about_price/

And there are many coin innovations we're working on- did you not see we added KGW almost instantly after the community requested it? Have you not heard we have a merge-mined coin coming out? We are looking at nameID, we are investigating ZeroCoin facets, and storing data on the blockchain in addition to transactions. I'm not sure where you got the idea we just cloned a coin and were "operating in a vacuum, having no premine isn't enough"? Our news updates have made constant references to these coin innovations. Just cause we didn't choose to implement the overhyped-PoW-of-the-moment called Adaptive-N Scrypt doesn't mean we aren't implementing core coin innovations.

But then it all goes back to marketing. We could revolutionize crypto but without marketing where are we? Look at Aurora coin, they have done nothing revolutionary at all, they did something niche and somewhat kitchy and look at its value. I'm sure it'll drop like a rock in 9 days when they "airdrop" or whatever but there isn't anything innovative about what they have implemented. Yet look at that value. All marketing.

I hear what you are saying, and I can feel your frustration.
I've lost more than anyone else in this thread I can tell you that and I'm not giving up. They will collect dust on my harddrive before I sell them at this kind of a loss.
As to your comments about trust. Yes, I do believe people would trust Kittehcoin 2.0, why shouldn't they? You have proven yourself to be dedicated and mindful developers. You would be taking action to protect the coin and the community. Again, it would be foolish to think of 2.0 as starting over. Think of it as an evolution.

As for the multipools, Adaptive-N would help because multipools can only switch between coins with the same PoW. They can't switch from scrypt to scrypt-n on the fly. The majority of coins are scrypt/Sha256 so it only makes sense economically to run regular scrypt mining multipools. In this way, yes, adaptive-N would prevent multipools. It doesnt even have to be adaptive-n it could be quark or keccak or some CPU algo.

I do understand your point regarding the reasoning behind the change from 1.0 to 2.0.
The reason for a change from 1.0 to 2.0 would not be simply because "the price was low". No one knew about multi-pools a few months ago. This is something that was not forseen when people first started developing altcoins. This was exacerbated by trading API's that made it convenient to auto-sell.
I have some marketing experience and I can tell you far more ludicrous answers have been passed off to the public without them even batting an eye.
Memorycoin did it before with a trade in to memorycoin 2.0 and not only was it widely accepted it was praised.
The dev team acknowledged that mistakes were made and they could do it better with the experience they acquired from the previous coin.

If the reason is beneficial and means more money in their pockets then the people will stand behind it. I could give you any number of reasons you could tell the people why you switched from 1.0 to 2.0. But I don't believe marketing strategy should be talked about in that kind of detail in the open. Suffice to say that there is very good reasons to make the change that people would understand and accept.

I'm glad to hear about the community contributions but again, people are lazy, apathetic. You deserve a lot more than the paltry sum you will get from voluntary donations. Mandatory contributions to world recognized non-profits would give you free and continuous publicity and positive marketing.

I see no reason for people to be waiting on this though, they could easily be tweeting about MEOW, blogging about it, posting items for sale using MEOW on AllSoS.com, turning friends on to it, posting memes, yet when I search kittehcoin on twitter I see my own posts, and those of the core early adopters. Post on twitter. Post on Facebook. Post on Google+. Post on forums. Don't just post here complaining.

I don't know what else to say other than we can't promote this. Expecting community marketing support is difficult because people are less likely to tell their friends and family about a coin that is continually decreasing in value.
"Hey guys why don't you buy some of these magic internet monies! You buy them and then magically you lose money!".
I can't tell anyone to buy this. I really want to, but I can't promote this in good conscience.
I made the mistake of telling one person to buy in to Meow when they were at 40. I feel like I was being overly optimistic of the state of the cryptocurrency community.

Multi-pools are parasitic. They are an attack on a coin, plain and simple.
Your coin is defenseless from these attackers.

KGW may make it harder for them but if they are the only ones mining (which they are, because there's no point competing with them), they are still getting all the coins, high difficulty or not.

This is something that you couldn't have foreseen or prepared for.
It may be easy to take this as "everyone is complaining, no one appreciates what we've done" but thats simply not the case. People are worried, scared and upset. They have a right to be. Unfortunately complaining about the price is about all that most people can do in this scenario.

I'm not saying my ideas are the best. But this is a discussion the community should be having.
All though not as ideal as an imposed fee, there are also the possibilities of a premine or IPO.

Premines and IPOs are the new norm now. Let's all grow up and admit that they have their benefits.
You have long since proven that you are not here for a pump and dump scheme. You can definitely be trusted with a premine.
ebi

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

TheMightyX, while you have very few valid points, Premine & suspicious [non-public] IPOs never was & never will be a "norm" in future. this is just gold-fever with noobz to lose their money.

unless for retarded people, yes i said retarded people, whom believe in cartoons & super-heroes which thinks that some faceless troll [an unknown dev] will give away 50% pre-mine [300,000,000 $ in current price] just becoz he is a nice guy !!  Cheesy Cheesy [yes i am talking about the biggest scam ever; AKA auroracoin, lol]

~ adaptive-N can have some benefits, but its basically a "Hyped" PoW with no real use in future. & we don't need v2.0 hype, kitteh was one of the very few that launched in a fever of crapcoins & never  was a "hyped"or a "P&D" coin like many other scamcoins.

TheMightyX, however your frustration is totally understandable, & kitteh could do alot better.

~ peAce
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:02:07 PM

Poor Dano, he probably hates the community... all people do is complain lol

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
RonnieDoubleA

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:05:26 PM

Could somebody elaborate on the risks that multipools bring? The price of the coin rises, it becomes more valuable to mine, all multipools start mining the coin, the markets are overflowed with coins? Is that it?

And on your suggestion of a premined 2.0: do you mean that MEOW 2.0 would be premined (at least for a significant amount) to the benefit of the current owners of MEOW 1.0, who could trade in their current coins 1:1? So like, I own 0.000001% of all current MEOWs, MEOW 1.0 is stopped, MEOW 2.0 is started and I get 0.000001% of all premined MEOW 2.0?

This all being hypothetical, as I stated earlier and as argumented by danosphere I think replacing the entire coin is an extreme, risky and hopefully unnecessary measure.

I don't know what else to say other than we can't promote this. Expecting community marketing support is difficult because people are less likely to tell their friends and family about a coin that is continually decreasing in value.
"Hey guys why don't you buy some of these magic internet monies! You buy them and then magically you lose money!".
I can't tell anyone to buy this. I really want to, but I can't promote this in good conscience.
I made the mistake of telling one person to buy in to Meow when they were at 40. I feel like I was being overly optimistic of the state of the cryptocurrency community.

All has to come together. Communicating about the coin through all possible channels should attract some attention. You say you can't promote this, as an investment option with a wish for short-term gain I agree but as a concept, an organization, a phenomenon with countless possibilities and an investment option for the long term I don't. It can definitely be promoted. Attention might increase. The price might rise. Maybe. Slowly. Then you might tell a friend "if you like a risky investment that might have a huge payoff, buy some MEOW. The rate is rising.". Then your friend, and my friend, and others, might buy some. The price might rise. Slowly. And services to use MEOW are built. Not only services that allow you to spend your MEOW as an alternative to BTC or USD, but services that allow unique use of the coin. You might tell another friend "this stuff is cool, get some, it's a new type of money and you can do amazing stuff with it". And attention might increase. And the price might rise. Slowly. Etcetera. And maybe, at some point in the future, the rate might go beyond what you and I and your friend at 40 bought it for.

Remember that essentially any cryptocoin is just cryptographic data with an audit trail, without intrinsic value. Without services, attention and adoption by the masses, it stays just cryptographic data and any rise in value can only be temporary. I'm in the Kitteh community and not in another because I see a lot of ambition, skills, good vibes and the right amount of playfulness required to make real growth happen.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:42:45 PM

Vote for KittehCoin on BTER:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0

I have been bugging them for weeks via e-mail with no response, maybe this will get their attention!
ap3311

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:02:09 AM

Could somebody elaborate on the risks that multipools bring? The price of the coin rises, it becomes more valuable to mine, all multipools start mining the coin, the markets are overflowed with coins? Is that it?

Multipools come along and massively increase the hashrate of a coin, start instamining blocks and then immediately dump them onto the exchanges. They keep doing this until the difficultly retargets at which point they switch to a different coin leaving the original coin with a ridiculously high difficulty and a lower price so there is absolutely no incentive to mine it anymore. The original miners are then left with a woefully low hashrate vs the current difficulty meaning that blocks take forever to find and transactions start taking far too long. And when the diff finally gets back to normal there's absolutely nothing to stop the multipools coming back and doing it all over again.

There's a reason why practically every coin nowadays has KGW as standard.

⚫▶      BUILDERIUM 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Creating the future you desire, one bid at a time

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
YOUR RELIABLE PLATFORM FOR SKILLED &
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION CLIENTS & CONTRACTORS

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Whitepaper
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN AIRDROP

wB`

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:16:23 AM

Multipools come along and massively increase the hashrate of a coin, start instamining blocks and then immediately dump them onto the exchanges. They keep doing this until the difficultly retargets at which point they switch to a different coin leaving the original coin with a ridiculously high difficulty and a lower price so there is absolutely no incentive to mine it anymore. The original miners are then left with a woefully low hashrate vs the current difficulty meaning that blocks take forever to find and transactions start taking far too long. And when the diff finally gets back to normal there's absolutely nothing to stop the multipools coming back and doing it all over again.

There's a reason why practically every coin nowadays has KGW as standard.

Even KGW doesnt protect you. KGW sounds great in theory but it needs to be tweaked quite a bit.  Dano is currently working on a unique algorithm to increase our defense against the multi pools.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: