Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223010 times)
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:16:21 PM

What's with the h?

The h is silent.
Why is it there?
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 08:21:24 PM

The meme is Kitteh.. Eh makes it sound like an 'a' as opposed to a 'y' 

freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:36:01 PM

The meme is Kitteh.. Eh makes it sound like an 'a' as opposed to a 'y' 

Goto the original coin release page, for a example of the the way kitteh talks.
Then you will understand baby kitteh speak Smiley

kinda toothless in a way, much like a very young child...

"You Hath" to see it spoken as envisioned by original author to understand.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:06:18 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 06:00:11 AM by TheMightyX

This is a slightly nearsighted sentiment.
Those who invested their funds at 60, 80 or even 100 satoshi could not be expected to donate those funds as just to donate $100 to the developers it would cost them $1000-$2000.

I have been pretty vocal several times about what I felt were key issues and roadblocks in kittehs path.
I offered to help strategize a plan of action but was not taken up on the offer. That in itself was disappointing as I believe that there were many forms of action we could have taken. Mergemining was not one of them.

We all have lives to live and other responsibilities so it would be selfish of us to hold it against the team for wanting to move on with their lives and careers. We can't necessarily expect someone to waste their time on something solely for our benefit. As much as we may not like this move, we all need to do whats right for ourselves first.

And who are you? You seem to not have any involvement in kitteh. I know I have never seen you around, and I have been around since before the relaunch...........

Hello Helmet,
I've not been involved with the previous management of kittehcoin.
But if you would like to discuss my involvement I would be happy to chat with you on IRC.

The new focus of Kittehcoin will be Sustainability, Marketability and Charitability.
Ok I made that last word up. But it sounded nice, right?

No Kitteh is not dead, its only used up 1 of its 9 lives (2 if you count previous dev takeover).
Our Kitteh still has a long life to live and will have learned many lessons along the way.

I don't know how you can decide on a new focus without having discussed it with the community or myself (I work on the marketing), personally I've just pulled 5.5 btc buy order for kittehcoin as your approach is not very involving - do you have any credibility/experience to take this coin forward?

I'm sorry if you feel I have stepped on your toes. There has been a slight lack of communication as Dano has been quite busy with work and other commitments lately.
As per the discussions I have had with Dano, the team was pretty sparse other than yourself and several others and I assumed he had spoken with them.
There was really only several people who had volunteered their time to revive kittehcoin and you were one of the only key ones, hence me contacting you prior.
I felt it was more important to make a statement to the community that might help build confidence, rather than wait to hear back from all of the volunteers. So I am sorry if my stating of a focus for kittehcoin seems like an overreach. I should reiterate that that would be my focus of involvement for kittehcoin.

I'm not sure why you think my involvement in a management capacity would be seen as a bad thing for the community or why you think that your 5 btc buy order is some sort of altruistic donation to the community. Lets be realistic, your buy order at 2 satoshi is an investment.
I understand your frustration though. I have spoken with several volunteers so far and they were quite welcoming to me. Others had no knowledge of my involvement and were a little bit taken aback. For that I apologize, as the project/community is fragmented at the moment it was impossible for me to know everything.

Yeah just went onto IRC and it sounds like he has annoyed a lot of the community already with his my way or the highway attitude. TBH I haven't seen him on irc before which is concerning as I have been in there most the day for the last few months. Also he pm'ed me offering me rewards for marketing the coin when I market it for free. This raises the question of how he can find rewards for such a task. This isn't my main concern, my two concerns are his love of multipools (which I hate as they go against my ehtos and what I thought kittehcoin was against) and he wants to go Proof-of-Stake instead of Proof-of-Work which will rule out merge mining with dogecoin and others. Overall if these changes go ahead I'll be dumping my coins on the market which will surely crash it.

I wouldn't call one vocal member (OkPatriot) a lot of the community. I never said my way or the highway. In fact I told him that I'm sure we can come to an agreement that we will all be satisfied with.
I find your tone here to be quite abrasive and inconducive to the process of moving this project forward.

Also posting ultimatums such as "if he does this then I'll do this, and you'll all suffer!" (paraphrasing) seems to be counterproductive to enacting positive change and I would expect from a marketing background you would think twice before posting inflammatory remarks such as these.
In the future it might be best to direct these kinds of comments or questions to Dano or myself.

Whether you dislike multipools or not does not change the current state of the market or the industry as a whole. I don't appreciate the effect multipools have on the cryptocurrency market either, but they are a necessary evil when you look at the bigger picture. Kittehcoin does not exist in a vacuum, but from the sentiment I get from you and OkPatriot it seems that is the way you are viewing it. What you or I want to do holds no weight against what kitteh needs to do. If you don't evolve with the market you get left behind.

I DID offer you rewards (I mentioned all key members of the team should and would be compensated on a regular basis) but obviously to do that we would have to enact serious change to the protocol. We cannot expect serious and qualified professionals to spend large amounts of time out of the goodness of their hearts. We also cannot expect to pay these people by donation. Hard work should be compensated and as a a key member of the team who's work would be valuable to the entire community a marketing strategist should be rewarded.

Let's also understand the market has already crashed, so dumping your kittehs couldn't do much more damage than has already been done.
In any case, I don't want you to do that. I would like to work with you to make this currency valuable and successful. But in order to do that I need you to work with me and not attack me.
Obviously there was a disconnect in the line of communication between dano and the community and that is unfortunate. But painting me as some sort of napolean will not help the situation.

I still welcome you to speak to me about how we can move kitteh forward.
I'll be on IRC most of the evening.
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:25:16 AM

Guys honestly, you need to decide who your leader is, I suggest you do it democratically.. Communication is key to any endeavor.

TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:36:46 AM

Guys honestly, you need to decide who your leader is, I suggest you do it democratically.. Communication is key to any endeavor.

What I gathered from my talks with Dano was that some members had volunteered in one capacity or another but no one other than myself had stepped up and demonstrated an understanding of the responsibility and commitment required to manage a project of this scope. He confirmed with me my intentions and we agreed on what role I planned to take. I then started contacting a list of members he gave me and I thought everything was clear. I then find out that there were a couple others who had begun the process of forming a team to tackle the situation as well.  Lips sealed

Just a slight miscommunication!

You will have to admit a "democratic" vote for leader at this point would just be a popularity contest. As Dano is still technically the "lead" of this team I will defer to him on this matter. If he wants to have a vote then by all means. Otherwise we might be wasting time.

zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:18:14 PM

My thoughts as a sideliner / longstanding member of the Kitteh community:
- Don't discourage people who are trying to help.
- Discourse is worthwhile and speaking out when you don't agree with something is good, but try to avoid being offensive or overly direct (Who the hell are you and what makes you think you're so high and mighty!!!???)
- Collaboration is key!
- A central leader is great, though not really necessary. Leadership can be broken out into areas and governed by general consensus.. Open Source doesn't require the kind of democracy that's implemented in politics (which is kind of a false democracy as it is), nor does it require authoritarianism.. Open Source evolves as it grows, both in terms of the software and the infrastructure, social structure, and people behind it.

My own take in terms of leadership:
- responsibility should be broken out into areas -- Marketing, Development, Community Engagement, Charity, Collaboration (across leadership silos) etc.. There should be an even number of these roles and an individual responsible for each area. All of these people should be considered equals and each of them would be leaders in their respective area. Some will need to collaborate more closely than others.

Benefits to this approach:
- Lower risk of burn-out
- Lower correlation between KittehCoin and an individual (if they run a scam, back-out, or nude pictures surface, Kitteh's reputation isn't as directly tied to them)
- Higher degree of collaboration
- More focus and attention in the most important areas
- More people to approach with ideas / concerns / questions etc
- More consensus for important decisions
- More transparency on the leadership team on who is doing what, who is responsible for what, and who to talk to for what.

Dano & the leadership team already worked on the framework for this, the next step is to discuss and finalize it (perhaps capture the roles, expectations, etc in a little write-up), get people into those roles, and work out the tools for collaboration across this leadership team and the broader community.

I like the enthusiasm that I'm seeing here. I was worried for awhile there when the post count dropped to minimal, there was little but FUD and blind faith, and no one was talking about useful / important things in any relevant manner.

Wish I had the time to step up, but alas - all I am is a proverbial old man of questionably sage advice Smiley

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:31:16 PM

it's already been decided...

TheMightyX and adamg  Grin

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:39:23 PM

I too see multiple leaders as a good thing and agree with everything Zachamo wrote, bravo.

That said, I think adamg is doing a killer job with the marketing...love seeing the kittehcoin twitter blazing with activity.
chinatuakong

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:41:19 PM

We cannot afford to see a cat fight in our community when it is fighting for survival. Can everybody calm down, act or pretend like a saint and solve our different opinions

Roll Eyes
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:24:24 AM

My thoughts as a sideliner / longstanding member of the Kitteh community:
- Don't discourage people who are trying to help.
- Discourse is worthwhile and speaking out when you don't agree with something is good, but try to avoid being offensive or overly direct (Who the hell are you and what makes you think you're so high and mighty!!!???)
- Collaboration is key!
- A central leader is great, though not really necessary. Leadership can be broken out into areas and governed by general consensus.. Open Source doesn't require the kind of democracy that's implemented in politics (which is kind of a false democracy as it is), nor does it require authoritarianism.. Open Source evolves as it grows, both in terms of the software and the infrastructure, social structure, and people behind it.

My own take in terms of leadership:
- responsibility should be broken out into areas -- Marketing, Development, Community Engagement, Charity, Collaboration (across leadership silos) etc.. There should be an even number of these roles and an individual responsible for each area. All of these people should be considered equals and each of them would be leaders in their respective area. Some will need to collaborate more closely than others.

Benefits to this approach:
- Lower risk of burn-out
- Lower correlation between KittehCoin and an individual (if they run a scam, back-out, or nude pictures surface, Kitteh's reputation isn't as directly tied to them)
- Higher degree of collaboration
- More focus and attention in the most important areas
- More people to approach with ideas / concerns / questions etc
- More consensus for important decisions
- More transparency on the leadership team on who is doing what, who is responsible for what, and who to talk to for what.

Dano & the leadership team already worked on the framework for this, the next step is to discuss and finalize it (perhaps capture the roles, expectations, etc in a little write-up), get people into those roles, and work out the tools for collaboration across this leadership team and the broader community.

I like the enthusiasm that I'm seeing here. I was worried for awhile there when the post count dropped to minimal, there was little but FUD and blind faith, and no one was talking about useful / important things in any relevant manner.

Wish I had the time to step up, but alas - all I am is a proverbial old man of questionably sage advice Smiley

What the hell makes you think you have the right to voice your own opinions!!
 Grin

Hard not to agree with all your points. All though I will say a few of them probably only function well in a system that is properly functioning and not in the state that kittehcoin is at this time. My opinion is that during a crisis situation like this we can't expect a society to function in a "ideal" state.

I really like the idea of a self-governing body that controls the direction of kittehcoin in the future.
To this end I whipped up a description of a system (which I've been referring to as an upgraded KittehCommand) that would act similar to congress with issues proposed and voted on and a tiered voting rank system based on weight of contributions.
This system would work really well I think but would require a certain number of members to be fair and democratic due to the weighted ranking system. As well I feel like "too many cooks in the kitchen" will slow us down and not necessarily provide much additional benefit at this point, other than allowing some members to "participate" and feel like they've helped in some way. I would like to keep the team as small as possible until such a time as kittehcoin is revived and then open applications for upgraded KittehCommand positions based on merit (industry entrepreneurs, developers and otherwise more informed individuals, rather than just "first come, first served" as it would be now). While "open to everyone" sounds nice and all, it really does nothing to help ensure that kittehcoin has a competent and informed panel (a board of directors, if you will) to help guide it in the future.

On another note.
I've also been in talks with a development team (2 guys) who are top notch. I have worked with them in the past on a crypto related project and can vouch for their experience. They've never developed a cryptocurrency before but are well versed with the programming side and it is something I've been discussing with them for some time. They just finished building a bitcoin gambling site (which obviously requires intimate knowledge of the bitcoin daemon).
Their first concern is obviously compensation though, which at this point is going to be the same for any "volunteers" we may find.
Anyone willing to volunteer to develop for kittehcoin at this point without compensation is going to be of a lower experience level and probably not good for the coin in terms of quality, support and professionalism. At this point, the developers I have spoken with are NOT in, unless we can ensure compensation.

This leaves two options: Enact serious change, or start recruiting a volunteer developer on the forums.

This is why we would require significant changes to the protocol just to attract competent developers.
We certainly can't expect to drum up enough donations from the community to pay developers to rewrite large amounts of the system that are necessary (at least in my mind) to ensure the success and profitability of the protocol for the future.

I have plans to wipe much of the slate clean (such as it is) without anyone losing their stake, so that they can continue on and profit from the new system. Many of these changes would be drastic and some may be opposed to them and this is why I would like to get the input and feedback of these members so we can make changes if needed.

I had hoped to work with a developer (the team I mentioned) to quickly draft a set of sweeping changes to the protocol and a immediate plan of action (which I've already started). After which I would like to present this to other volunteer members such as AdamG and OkPatriot to consult with them and gain feedback about their concerns or criticisms of the plan.
After receiving their feedback I would redraft the plan with any changes implemented and present the second version.
This would be repeated until we have consensus and then would be implemented immediately.
In this regard it gets done quickly, and everyone still gets to have their opinion heard and enact change.

I'm hoping to have a talk with Dano and the other members of the community who have come forward soon so we can begin the process of moving forward.

shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:41:18 PM

^
why bold ?

we need to fix this coin already
and not silly politics
blue_bit

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:43:08 AM

go go go go meow!!
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:14:36 AM

^
why bold ?

we need to fix this coin already
and not silly politics
Bold helps differentiate from the quoted text.
I find it helpful anyway  Grin

Especially
some text here
if you are quoting
Blah Blah Blah
multiple people.

Still no word from dano.
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:15:08 AM

I'm wary of the input-based leadership model... Heck, why not have a voting system based on how much MEOW someone has? I see the intention, but it stands to give some jobless kitteh full control over the direction of the coin, no?

Now for your moment of Meow: http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/best-cat-pictures?bffb

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:42:38 PM

What is the current price in satoshi? Have we even went over 10 sats yet?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:28:33 PM

Give it time Dafar, kitteh will claw its way to the top soon.
Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:29:50 PM

I hope so my friend... if not I lost 9 BTC

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
blue_bit

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:27:50 AM

go go meow!!
sebar25

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:28:51 AM

I hope so my friend... if not I lost 9 BTC

about 40 ;/
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: