Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 02:24:14 PM

Come get your Kitties!

http://www.hasher.ca

2% fee PROP reward system
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your MEOW wallet address OR Global Key (Used for ProfitPorts too)
Password: anything
MEOW (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3414

Kitties go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your kitties!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:39:51 PM

Any pumps planned? For many weeks this coin was in decline. Just look at some other coins Like Noble, where artificial pump helped to give coin momentum.

kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:08:12 PM

Kitteh should go POS .... look at coins dying making POS ... and drive its price really up like 1000% or so ... like DMD and PND ....
dadikul

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:16:50 PM

Kitteh should go POS .... look at coins dying making POS ... and drive its price really up like 1000% or so ... like DMD and PND ....

TOTALLY AGREE !!!!  Cool
sebar25

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:19:55 PM

TOTALLY AGREE !!!!  Cool

without devs we're going nowhere
Thief

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:48:39 PM

http://s020.radikal.ru/i704/1405/7b/7ae94a8b291e.jpg
dadikul

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:07:57 AM

TOTALLY AGREE !!!!  Cool

without devs we're going nowhere

SO WHO'S DEV NOW?
veremit

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:16:07 AM

PoS is a possibility for Kitteh, but this doesn't fall in line with current merge-mining plans. There is a possibility of evaluating a hybrid PoS/PoW situation, but this would have to be very carefully tested if it was used for merge mining, to ensure its integrity and no potential exploits.

Kitteh is undergoing a very awkward restructuring at the moment, but there remains a plan for a hard fork soon(tm) to address the difficulty and reward issues. There are lots of ideas and other developments also occurring in the background. Our Kitteh twitter is alive and kicking.

All I can say for now is 'Watch This Space' ... let's get Kitteh to Neptune ?! Cheesy
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:49:34 AM

PoS is a possibility for Kitteh, but this doesn't fall in line with current merge-mining plans. There is a possibility of evaluating a hybrid PoS/PoW situation, but this would have to be very carefully tested if it was used for merge mining, to ensure its integrity and no potential exploits.

Kitteh is undergoing a very awkward restructuring at the moment, but there remains a plan for a hard fork soon(tm) to address the difficulty and reward issues. There are lots of ideas and other developments also occurring in the background. Our Kitteh twitter is alive and kicking.

All I can say for now is 'Watch This Space' ... let's get Kitteh to Neptune ?! Cheesy

Hey Veremit!
Finally made a BCTalk account I see Cheesy

Obviously switching to PoS would definitely cause a lot of work to be thrown away. A lot of effort has gone into the merged mining setup. Some people would not be happy with a switch. But I think the majority would be happy if their coins regained their value, regardless of what protocol, algorithm or system was implemented. I think pidgeonholing us to one specific thing, or idea is limiting and will do nothing except hold us back.

I heard an interesting comment about merged mining that equated my thoughts on merged-mining quite nicely:

My question for all of this is pretty simple: what exactly will MON do that we can't already do with VTC or any number of other coins? Basically, it's "get free MON while mining VTC", but the problem is that since MON is essentially free to mine it will always be worth far less than VTC. All you need to do to see what merged mining does for a coin is look at Namecoin, IxCoin, and DevCoin -- they have very high difficulty and coins are practically worthless, as you get them for free while mining BTC.

The point is this; Merged-mining helps secure the network, and that is great. But what else does it really do? There are other ways to secure the network (in fact with a PoS system you don't need to secure the network against 51% attacks).

As with MON and VTC, you get free MON from mining VTC, so why should MON hold any value?
The same argument can be said with MEOW. If we can get free MEOW from mining DOGE, what value can MEOW have? It will always be compared relative to whatever it is merge-mined with, and on a fraction of a scale (1/10th the value of doge is what we should strive for? no thanks!).

Merge-Mining is not a savior. In fact it has proven time and time again that it has no real benefit to any coin.
From a technical standpoint it is pretty ingenious, but from an economic standpoint it doesn't make sense.

It's time to cut the crap, all people want is their coins to be valuable, to not lose money, to be a part of something successful. How that really happens is irrelevant, isn't it?
It's time we decide that we will do whatever it takes to make that happen. And some wishy-washy memes and donations to non-profits is not going to bring kitteh back. Tough choices need to be made.
adamg

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:58:04 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 04:23:01 PM by adamg

It's time we decide that we will do whatever it takes to make that happen. And some wishy-washy memes and donations to non-profits is not going to bring kitteh back. Tough choices need to be made.

I think dogecoin has already proven you incorrect on your opinion on "the wishy washy memes and donations to non-profits". To be blunt I find your posts offensive and immature to say the least. I have doubts about if you are the right person to lead the project.

The POS idea is inferior to mergemining with dogecoin for the reason that mergemining will gain community members from doge (both coins are similar which also needs to be taken into account) will be highly beneficial. The community and usage of the coin is what drives value/price.

I'm one of the top holders of kittehcoin and I'm not in favour of POS or POW over merge-mining.
jurassicfrog

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:47:27 PM

I think dogecoin has already proven you incorrect on your opinion on "the wishy washy memes and donations to non-profits". To be blunt I find your posts offensive and immature to say the least. I have doubts about if you are the right person to lead the project.

The POS idea is inferior to mergemining with dogecoin for the reason that mergemining will gain community members from doge (both coins are similar which also needs to be taken into account) will be highly beneficial. The community and usage of the coin is what drives value/price.

I'm one of the top holders of kittehcoin and I'm not in favour of POS or POW over merge-mining.

So are you saying that Doge is the coin we're planning on merging with? That would be awesome... otherwise I personally think POS is the way to go. I can't justify the electric costs anymore. It's ridiculously expensive and incredibly environmentally unfriendly. If MEOW was worth a @*&^%-ton more, perhaps... but that's not the case and there would be a lot more hash going on if that were (= still barely profitable w/o ASIC which has way too high an entry cost).
codedsent

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:48:12 PM

Like a lot of fun
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 07:32:11 PM

Popping in here momentarily to let everyone know I'm not dead and I'm not ignoring Kittehcoin, just very very very busy as I knew I would be that is why I posted I'd be too busy for this a month or so ago and - now I'm busy as hell [as I expected I'd be]  Shocked to the point that that I can't even focus on my other projects, or ANY projects at all.

Anyway- I want to clarify that TheMightyX is coordinating with me to step in and take over Kittehcoin management. I understand there has been some form of miscommunication around his joining the effort and those who have already started the revival the same day I posted my "time is limited" updated.

Kitteh needs all the contributors and devs it can get. People shouldn't be infighting about this, we all have the same goals of making Kittehcoin a success. TMX (TheMightyX) sent me a message regarding the state of things but I haven't even been on BCT for days. I will read his message, reply to him, and then post the appropriate responses here as well.

Again, I apologize for my absence but it should be pretty much expected per the status update I gave much earlier (which I did in the spirit of transparency). That being said just cause I'm a bit absent in no way, shape, or form means that I am abandoning or ignoring Kittehcoin. I just don't have a lot of free time, the free time I have I'm using to make posts such as this and to help try and assist the community transition to a more available and responsive group of contrbutors. I will never be "leaving" kittehcoin. Maybe its just me but even though this is just an opensource project I'm not the type of person (and find it a bit morally incorrect) to just "vanish" as some other coin devs have done.

I'm here, I'm not leaving, I'm replying to issues/items/emails/PMs/tweets/GoogleHangout Chats/Skype message as soon as I possible can. Thanks for your patience in this transitional period!!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:35:14 PM

Is there a possibility of having a bounty for a faucet?
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:35:08 AM

Sad, I actually had high hopes for this coin
veremit

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:16:25 AM

All I'm gonna say for now is:

http://www.getbackyourexnow.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tumblr_l097nmqfep1qz4vm7o1_500.jpg    More news Will follow...
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:21:56 AM

In regards to my last post I have spoken with OkPatriot & co. on IRC and I have also sent a message to TheMightyX. There will still be a KittehCommand, TheMightyX is joining the team with a desire to partake in the KittehCommand and he has my endorsement in that regard. Now that does not mean there will only be ONE person leading KittehCoin. I am still a member of KittehCommand and as part of this transition other members will be joining that leadership group as old members take a step back or move on to other projects.

Kittehcoin is and always will be an open-source community driven project. The organizational changes we're going through right now are simply an effort to consolidate leadership channels so that people know who to look to for decisions [KittehCommand] and also to turn around decisions faster so that value can be added to Kittehcoin at a much more rapid pace.

I am setting up new internal forums for KittehCommand to communicate via- I won't have those up until tomorrow night but at that point there will be a new centralized [internal] location outside of IRC for the leadership to discuss proposals, plans of action, management styles, future features, and much more.

I have seen the action plans submitted by multiple members of the new KittehCommand and I can assure you there are some very passionate people paving the way for the KittehCoin revival and close attention is being paid to structuring things in a way that make it very easy to quickly identify and act on a specific deliverable/goal.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:41:19 AM

I'm not sure why you think I'm offensive or immature. Dogecoin has proven nothing, since my comments were made long-after dogecoin had seen success. Or has Dogecoin done something super successful overnight that I don't know about? If I made that comment and then dogecoin became successful, then you would have had me  Lips sealed
Anyway Dogecoin is not successful because of its memes. Dogecoin is successful because it was the first of its kind.
If dogecoin was released today, with its exact features and concept, it would flop. Just like bitcoin.
Early-mover advantage is huge.

Now these coins have early mover advantage but no long-term viability.
For example, early movers Primecoin (finding prime chains), Vertcoin (Adaptive Scrypt-N) and Quark (Quark algo) were the first of their kind. They have since fallen to the wayside, losing the majority of their relevance and value.

Pretending that Dogecoin's success was anything other than a random occurrence of the internet and it's love of the absurd is, well, absurd.
Dogecoin was not created by some marketing genius. It was a joke coin that took off partly due to the fact it was pushed and promoted heavily by 4chan and reddit. It will not happen again for a memecoin the novelty has worn off.

I don't think its safe to say that community and usage of a coin is what drives value/price. If you hadn't noticed most altcoins can't be "used" anywhere, for anything other than a few gambling sites and a few niche online stores. At this point all altcoins are speculative. And those with the most potential are speculated on the most. As a merged-mined coin kitteh has very little potential.

Why ever use kitteh if you get it for free from mining doge? If doge is the more valuable coin and its accepted at more places and has a bigger community; why not just sell the kitteh you get and buy more doge? Obviously the coin with the bigger community and better usage is a better investment?

Do you see? What is the point of holding both of these currencies? If kitteh doesn't aim to be better than doge, then it has no potential and by association it has no value.

If kitteh is merge-mined, it will always be "that free coin you get from mining your doge".
There will never be any point holding your kitteh, because kitteh will always be that secondary crap you get from mining your "good" coin. It will always be in the shadow of whatever it is merge-mined with.
It will never overcome whatever it is linked to, such is the nature of merged-mining. The host coin (doge in this case) stands to benefit the most.

I will let you in on a little secret: The actual purpose of merge-mining is to increase the hashrate and so reduce the amount of coins any one party receives from mining. This induces scarcity which in turn is expected to encourage the price to increase.

If you merge-mine a coin with equal hashrate, you are then doubling your coins hashrate (assuming you get that whole community to merge-mine your coin as well). This increases the difficulty, less coins to more people, price is expected to go up due to scarcity.

As a secondary effect it also reduces the effect of multi-pools (by how much is debatable).

One of the main problems is there are already so many Kittehcoins in existence that even if you were to stop the creation of any new coins, it would have a very small effect on the value of the market.

I'm sorry that you are not in favor of moving away from merged-mining AdamG. I'm not sure what else I can say to convince you. I hope you will put aside any bias you have towards me and listen to reason. Merged-mining is not going to be a blanket cure-all.
Judaz49

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:16:04 AM

Agreed with MightyX about merge mining.On the other hand is it possible to create a poker client/room where you can buy-in with your meows and chat with ppl from community? It would be fun and would strengthen the community.
Ibistru

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:18:04 AM

What is this coin, a new hybrid between a scamcoin and a noobcoin? OMG people! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: