Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 11:40:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
dailyarsenal

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

To The Moon!

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:43:22 AM

Just starting using this Pool. Let's see how it goes. I'm worried after reading about the rejected shares.

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
ryancpwalsh

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:52:35 AM

Terk - can you please explain why payouts have been less frequent, and unexchanged coin balances are getting to higher balances than normal? 
marekw63

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:53:22 AM

I found on a 7950 Sapphire VaporX  at 1150/1600 I have to wind my xintensity (using cgminer 3.7.3 Kalroth) down from 575 to 350 to keep rejects down below 10%. At full intensity rejects hit 30-50%. So that brings my hash rate down from 680kh to 630khs. I use -g 2 for two threads.
I hope when the eu server comes on line I can get rejects down to the same as hashcows (c 4% now ) or megamultipool.com (2%) or wemineltc.com (c1%). Still some bugs to be worked out in the stratum software is my feeling. But I will keep at it as I like the interface and hope the profits are worth the hash power drop.
big_coins

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:03:15 AM

10 hours with 9Mh/s and i got paid = 0.04074802

pathetic.

Also this pool is reject central, im guessing the cause is the constant switching.

The front page stats look made up to me. As of now the front page is showing 120% profit down only 1% on yesterday when BTC has dropped by 30%.

Screams scam to me.
talisin

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:00:44 AM

10 hours with 9Mh/s and i got paid = 0.04074802

pathetic.

Also this pool is reject central, im guessing the cause is the constant switching.

The front page stats look made up to me. As of now the front page is showing 120% profit down only 1% on yesterday when BTC has dropped by 30%.

Screams scam to me.

the profiabilty is based on LTC value not BTC value. and the 0.4 is that just paid out or including unexchanged as due to some craptsy issues over the last few days the trades have taken a little extra time.
Alpharoid

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:14:12 AM

For all having issues with rejects -

-- Keep intensity below 19, try 18 (on -g 1 configs).

-- Insert -E 10 -s 5 -Q 0 settings into your config(s).

I have always ran my r9 290 miners at -I 20 and seen little issues on other profit switching pools. However I'm getting >10% rejects on clevermining.

Can you explain why -I 18 is supposedly better in this case even though it appears to result in less WU and hashrate?

I have a R9 290X I did an experiment with many levels of intensity. Have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-_UkIrGZYray8jb4K3Jnwx3JgweBHdaTCxgccgtFio/edit?usp=sharing
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:19:37 AM

To all the new miners, give this pool a few days (not a few hours) and you will see the payouts .01 btc per 1 mh/s. 
Per ACCEPTED mh. When you only have 80% of your mh accepted, it's not the same.
SirGeekalot

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:37:08 AM

You got 9Mh/s and don't understand how mining works.

YOU are pathetic Roll Eyes

edit : omg, i didn't notice you also don't understand simple maths.

The front page stats has nothing to do with the USD value of a bitcoin...

Having money to throw at a mining Rig Doesn't also give you the ability to buy braincells I'm afraid.

dazz

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:38:12 AM

Per ACCEPTED mh. When you only have 80% of your mh accepted, it's not the same.

Best nick name ever hahaha
Axco

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:48:05 AM

Question for old school long term miners.

I am a newbie to mining just over 2 weeks, since I started mining I have watched the BTC price fall from around £450 GBP to this mornings £266 GBP.

I have worked out that if it falls below £200 GBP I will be spending more on electric than gaining Fiat from BTC, are these trends normal ?

If the BTC price falls below your running costs what do you do ?

1)Turn off your mining rigs and wait for the price to go back up ?

2) Ride the storm continue mining but don't cash out and wait for the price to go back up ?

3) Mine other coins that you get paid out in a different crypto currency IE litecoin ?

4) OTHER ? Please explain.

I ask these questions as a newbie, so please don't all think I am not doing my research before asking. I have seen the graphs and stats available on the net, and saw the price peeked late last year, then had a couple of big drops earlier this year.

The reasons I have read about online were blaming the silk road situation, silk road2, and the MTGox situation. Is there more to this than I am seeing or unaware of.

This is the reason I invested my money in mining equipment rather than directly on the stock market and into crypto currency, I always have the equipment to sell on or make individual pcs from and sell on ebay etc.

I have noticed in the last 2 weeks a lot more mining rigs have become available on ebay for the same or slightly less than what I could build them for myself if I were to shop around for the parts..

Your insights and answers and experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Axco.
SirGeekalot

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:05:38 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 09:16:13 AM by SirGeekalot

Question for old school long term miners.

I am a newbie to mining just over 2 weeks, since I started mining I have watched the BTC price fall from around £450 GBP to this mornings £266 GBP.

I have worked out that if it falls below £200 GBP I will be spending more on electric than gaining Fiat from BTC, are these trends normal ?

If the BTC price falls below your running costs what do you do ?

2) Ride the storm continue mining but don't cash out and wait for the price to go back up ?

3) Mine other coins that you get paid out in a different crypto currency IE litecoin ?

I ask these questions as a newbie, so please don't all think I am not doing my research before asking. I have seen the graphs and stats available on the net, and saw the price peeked late last year, then had a couple of big drops earlier this year.

The reasons I have read about online were blaming the silk road situation, silk road2, and the MTGox situation. Is there more to this than I am seeing or unaware of.

This is the reason I invested my money in mining equipment rather than directly on the stock market and into crypto currency, I always have the equipment to sell on or make individual pcs from and sell on ebay etc.

I have noticed in the last 2 weeks a lot more mining rigs have become available on ebay for the same or slightly less than what I could build them for myself if I were to shop around for the parts..

Your insights and answers and experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Axco.

Hi, i'm in the same boat as you and have just started with my first mining Rig.

The Price will bounce back. i see it hitting a low of $400 and come back in the next few months gradually. And at that point i intend to buy a few and watch my investment grow.

Also, try bitbargain or bitylicious for a better UK rate.

i'm seeing £338.35 from Bitbargain. I'm in the UK too so the conversion rates are crucial for me too.

EDIT: for anyone that think it might help.. i've built this spreadsheet up over the last week or so. Yellow Areas require manual input.. the rest should work themselves out. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhLzFYXpcoJDdFN4X0tOcE1tQmRyaXNmVGNlZEo4Ymc

martynw2000

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:19:33 AM

The Price will bounce back. I'm in the UK too so the conversion rates are crucial for me too.

Hi, I'm in the UK too and currently running a rig with 8 x R9 280x. This costs me ~£7.50 a day to run, so for me as long as I make at least that much in BTC per day then it's worth mining - because the price WILL go back up. It's just low at the moment due to the bad news about MtGox (or good news depending on your point of view).

The prices will have to go down to about £110/BTC before it gets to the point where I'm only just breaking even, so there's some way to go yet.

Remember also that the value of your coins are only what they are when you "exchange" them. Not when you "mine" them. So just hoarde for now while the price is low and wait for the economy to recover.
Axco

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:32:36 AM

I do apologise if this is a bit off topic.

This is where I got my prices from http://preev.com/btc/gbp

I actually stumbled into the mining scene after seeing how another guy that keeps koi carp as myself heated his pond............Yes I am a crazy Japanese koi fan.

I actually have a 3kw solar system on my roof, but I never feed back into the grid because I use it all and cannot fit any more than 18 solar panels on my south facing roof.

My koi pool heater is electric and 3kw, so when its on that uses all the power that the solar panels kick out when working at 100%

The theory for me is by using water cooling on the gpus and running the heat exchanger in my koi pond return water feed pipes I will be heating the pond for less than I currently am as the mining rig 6 x R9 280x are only using 1950watts. So in theory I will be heating the pond for less power, allowing the solar panels to feed the rest of the house when at 100% and possibly even feed back into the grid. I will not remove my 3kw pond heater as it is on a thermostat, so if the mining rig ever fails there is a back up, as I am currently heating the pond (2340 uk gallons or 10640 litres) to 17c through the British winter and 27c through the summer, either way I have to pay for that as it is my hobby and I get great pleasure from having my koi.

Once the weather warms up I will be retro fitting the mining rig into the filter house and plumbing the gpu cooling system into the pond water. I saw a guy online in the USA that did something similar who was a big time miner and used his swimming pool to remove the heat from his mining rigs.

So hopefully I will be saving on electric, earning some crypto currency at the same time, doing my bit for my carbon footprint, and possibly making a bit of fiat (cash) too.

I just want to get the rig stable before I place it in the filter house and get other peoples opinions on what they do when the price of electric outweighs what they are earning in crypto currency.

I have thought of the best laid plans of mice and men, and the local burglar coming to steal the mining rig from the filter house (shed) but hopefully my cctv system and the 2 Protection trained Presa Canarios (Curto bloodline from Tenerife) should deter anyone from wanting to risk life and limb for the off chance of a few gpu cards or koi carp LOL.

All opinions and insights appreciated.

Thanks,
Axco.
Axco

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:44:22 AM

Hi, I'm in the UK too and currently running a rig with 8 x R9 280x. This costs me ~£7.50 a day to run, so for me as long as I make at least that much in BTC per day then it's worth mining - because the price WILL go back up. It's just low at the moment due to the bad news about MtGox (or good news depending on your point of view).

The prices will have to go down to about £110/BTC before it gets to the point where I'm only just breaking even, so there's some way to go yet.

Remember also that the value of your coins are only what they are when you "exchange" them. Not when you "mine" them. So just hoarde for now while the price is low and wait for the economy to recover.

Hi, I am running 8 x the R9 280x also 6 on an h81 pro btc board and 2 in my desktop. My mining rig with the 6 cards is pulling 1950 watts and my desktop is pulling 750watts both include the monitors power.

My desktop is on 24/7 for work anyway with an corsairhx850 psu in and the rig has 2x corsair AX1200i's. You seem to have a better rate for your electric than me, I am with Scottish power dual fuel fixed until November 2014, I am paying  £0.14 for my electric, and the solar panels help but they only pay for the pond at best.

Which power provider are you with? and what are you getting charged? I am in the NW UK.

How do you power your 8 cards are they 2 x 4 card rigs ?

I do realise I can hold the coins until the rates get better as I can afford to pay my bills ok, but I think some people actually run there rigs as a business, obviously they will get business rates for there electric unless they run them from home. Then there are people who can get the electric free by putting there rigs at there work place etc and write off the power cost against their tax bill.

There are many scenarios and I am just curious as to how the other miners on this pool are running theirs, as a business, a hobby, a bit on the side, crypto coin traders, money laundering the list is endless. I suppose that's why their is such a fuss about how the trading can be done anonymously. LOL
martynw2000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:50:14 AM

I actually have a 3kw solar system on my roof, but I never feed back into the grid because I use it all and cannot fit any more than 18 solar panels on my south facing roof.

You must have smaller panels than me, as I have 15 panels on my roof that gives 3.75kw.

In any case, don't forget to factor in that the panels won't be working at max all the time. In the summer it's obviously better but you'll only be generating 3kw at the peak of the day, the rest of the time it will be somewhere between 0kw and 3kw, so you have to take a daily average when working out your figures. Obviously in winter power generation is much reduced.

For example in July 2013 I generated 563Kwh, but in October it was down to 171Kwh, and only 60Kwh in December.

Other than that, if you can successfully channel wasted heat from your rigs to save you having to power the heater, many kudos to you.
martynw2000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:00:12 AM

My desktop is on 24/7 for work anyway with an corsairhx850 psu in and the rig has 2x corsair AX1200i's. You seem to have a better rate for your electric than me, I am with Scottish power dual fuel fixed until November 2014, I am paying  £0.14 for my electric, and the solar panels help but they only pay for the pond at best.

Which power provider are you with? and what are you getting charged? I am in the NW UK.

I'm with Scottish Power too, but in the SE. I took my last bill and discovered I'm paying on average about £0.13/KwH. That's taking into account day and night rates.

How do you power your 8 cards are they 2 x 4 card rigs ?

I actually have 4 x 2 card rigs at the moment. Each one pulls about 600W, and I have a Corsair RM1000 running each one. Planning to add an extra card to each rig at some point.

I do realise I can hold the coins until the rates get better as I can afford to pay my bills ok, but I think some people actually run there rigs as a business, obviously they will get business rates for there electric unless they run them from home. Then there are people who can get the electric free by putting there rigs at there work place etc and write off the power cost against their tax bill.

Those rigs run at home totalling about 4Mhash at the moment. I have a number of other machines elsewhere where I don't pay electricity that add up to about 5Mhash, so in total I'm running at about 9Mhash
SirGeekalot

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:25:12 AM

UK peeps, please be aware that therea usually a Daily Charge as well as the Hourly rate.

i'm with M&S (reselling Scottish Electric) and its £0.13 per hw/hr but also a £0.15 daily charge.

Axco

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:37:29 AM

Hi Sirgeekalot,

The Price will bounce back. i see it hitting a low of $400 and come back in the next few months gradually. And at that point i intend to buy a few and watch my investment grow.

Also, try bitbargain or bitylicious for a better UK rate.

i'm seeing £338.35 from Bitbargain. I'm in the UK too so the conversion rates are crucial for me too.

EDIT: for anyone that think it might help.. i've built this spreadsheet up over the last week or so. Yellow Areas require manual input.. the rest should work themselves out. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhLzFYXpcoJDdFN4X0tOcE1tQmRyaXNmVGNlZEo4Ymc

Great spreadsheet.

I have just been having a quick search for selling btc in UK and seen prices all over the place from as little as £96 up to £326, now that is what I call volatile.

I knew we have a standing daily charge for our electric too, but had not considered that in as we pay for that in any regards to have power to the house anyway. But to accurately figure out all costings you are correct.

Thanks for providing that great spreadsheet, I will show that to the wife when she gets home from work tonight, as currently the mining rig is referred to as that bloody noisy machine that's making the house to warm, yes we have had to turn the heating off in February, the only positive comment the rig gets from my wife is:
 "Its saving money on the electric as we don't have to use the tumble dryer."
Its drying the washing for us with the oscillating fan blowing over the rig with the washing in the same room. LOL
Hotsauce

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:53:01 AM

I do apologise if this is a bit off topic.

This is where I got my prices from http://preev.com/btc/gbp

I actually stumbled into the mining scene after seeing how another guy that keeps koi carp as myself heated his pond............Yes I am a crazy Japanese koi fan.

My koi pool heater is electric and 3kw, so when its on that uses all the power that the solar panels kick out when working at 100%

The theory for me is by using water cooling on the gpus and running the heat exchanger in my koi pond return water feed pipes I will be heating the pond for less than I currently am as the mining rig 6 x R9 280x are only using 1950watts. So in theory I will be heating the pond for less power, allowing the solar panels to feed the rest of the house when at 100% and possibly even feed back into the grid. I will not remove my 3kw pond heater as it is on a thermostat, so if the mining rig ever fails there is a back up, as I am currently heating the pond (2340 uk gallons or 10640 litres) to 17c through the British winter and 27c through the summer, either way I have to pay for that as it is my hobby and I get great pleasure from having my koi.

Once the weather warms up I will be retro fitting the mining rig into the filter house and plumbing the gpu cooling system into the pond water. I saw a guy online in the USA that did something similar who was a big time miner and used his swimming pool to remove the heat from his mining rigs.

So hopefully I will be saving on electric, earning some crypto currency at the same time, doing my bit for my carbon footprint, and possibly making a bit of fiat (cash) too.

I just want to get the rig stable before I place it in the filter house and get other peoples opinions on what they do when the price of electric outweighs what they are earning in crypto currency.

I have thought of the best laid plans of mice and men, and the local burglar coming to steal the mining rig from the filter house (shed) but hopefully my cctv system and the 2 Protection trained Presa Canarios (Curto bloodline from Tenerife) should deter anyone from wanting to risk life and limb for the off chance of a few gpu cards or koi carp LOL.

All opinions and insights appreciated.

Thanks,
Axco.

Sounds like you have an awesome setup and a good plan, I know this is off topic but I'd love to see some pics of your Koi's if you wouldn't mind? Wink
marekw63

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:01:23 AM

INTENSITY and rejects on clevermining. For me rejects seem to be all about intensity with this pool. Not sure I exactly understand why, but that seems to be the answer.
I am using BAMT 1.1 on a Sapphire 7950 3GB. Clock rates 1150/1600.
CGminer version 3.7.3 installed with this guide, so that I can tune intensity tightly - otherwise I=18 is too slow, I=19 too fast
http://www.overclock.net/t/1461916/tutorial-ultimate-guide-to-tweaking-amd-cgminer-3-7-2-kalroth-edition-sgminer-instructions-included-aswell-get-the-most-hash-out-of-your-gpu

Results:
On [Suspicious link removed] I can run xintensity at 575, -g 2, threadconcurrency at 16384 and I get 680kH/s. About 4-5% rejects
Clevermining: I can run xintensity at 350 -g 2 , threadconcurrency at 16384 and I get 631 kH/s. And rejects currently at 4%. If I even wind xintensity up to 380, the rejects start climbing like mad. At x575 they go through the roof.
So the question will be whether the extra profits are worth the rejects.... time will tell.

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: