Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:02:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:19:21 PM

Hey. How come Mintcoin is doing so well right now?

I am curious about that too. Bitcoin was falling like a stone yesterday but mint was actually rising at the same time. It looks like mint was a better bet than bitcoin yesterday and it's the last thing I expected.
The reality is more complex (IMHO):
  • Short-term: Pump. Second, there was a pump on mintcoin, yesterday. Some people, at least on the French forum, believe it is still occuring. I made my best to inform them that this is not the case, that the current price is the normal price, but the only thing I can say is that for some people, the price is inflated => they are ready to dump. That's why it is very important to not rest on our laurels and continue to propagate mintcoins ideals and actions. Dump occurs when we rest on our laurels (I am not saying that not resting on our laurels will prevent a dump, but at least it will be much less damaging).

Please keep in mind this is just my point of view as a human being. This is not an official statement from the team.

It all sounds really positive and I believe mint has a great future I only wonder about that what you said above marked in bold about the current price being the normal price. You're very active in the mint community, do you really believe around 20 satoshi is the normal price, what about increase in value?

The PoS feature of mint is a real benefit above the cost and power intensive bitcoin protocol. I would love to see mintcoin being mentioned as a strong alternative to bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgburks77

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:20:13 PM

I'll agree you are the main person, but there are others that do
it, or at least post little snide remarks regularly.

You could go to the correct thread if you would like to talk about a coin other than MINT.

That last post was completely off-topic.
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:26:16 PM

These guys see their coin at 5000 sat and feel it's worth more. The marketcaps are near identical at the moment.

\
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:27:13 PM

I've never mentioned that coin specifically so I don't know what you are saying that in reference to.

My concern is how is MINT going to compete with BTC, not a mintclone.

In that regard I have to say that the ability to mine on a regular computer, and maybe an android device before too long, is the main selling point.

You can do it on a laptop or mini device and it doesn't waste a ton of energy. Perfect for the "Whole Foods" crowd.

That is a reasonable target demographic if you are going for mass adoption.

Anyhoo, moving on: I think these are excellent points.

\
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:27:35 PM

How can anyone not love the name "Mint"? Green is beautiful. Trees are beautiful.

I love to gaze at my Mint wallet. The green, the minting, the profit, so nice. It gives me inner peace.

Everyone should experience "inner peace". Buy some Mint.

That evocative image is a superficial feature really, but at the same time it is invaluable in creating brand consciousness. This marketability and image is a critical component to mass adoption that most other coins don't seem to take into consideration at.

Add to that the revolutionary "green" mining process that anyone with a regular device can participate in and it is easy to see why not only is the MINT community strong, but it is easy for that community to grow in a way not available to other coin schemes.

You are so articulate. Thankyou.

I was, in around about way, trying to say that ... lol.  And I did not want to point fingers at coins with depressing names.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:29:28 PM

Just had another thought regarding marketing.

When the MINT Fund comes online we should do a press release to announce it.

What do you guys think?

That is important. We will market the milestones.

exactamundo!  Cool

Yes! I think that's a wonderful idea!

I will send the press release in spanish to all media in Venezuela.
Dallas5

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:40:13 PM

Regarding marketing and mass mint adoption. I believe one of the best ways to promote mint is buy products with mint.

Even a small purchase like 500 mint or $2 makes a difference.

See the first post for mint merchants.

Go mint  Cheesy

WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:43:03 PM

The more I read this thread, the more I like the coin. THAT tells me it has a great community, or FANTASTIC marketing. Either way, a good foundational start to a good investment.

The name is great, the color scheme and logo is great and is very flexible, the dev team communicates and is actively promoting the coin in the right places...I see a lot of potential here for long term growth, and possible unforeseen short-term explosive growth depending on luck and marketing windfalls.

Glad I invested a good chunk of my total portfolio back at 14-16! Might buy even more if it goes back to the basement again. This coin, and CleanWaterCoin are my two current favorites for growth potential and sustainability (if CleanWaterCoin chooses a more efficient mining method in the near future, which the dev team is currently looking in to).

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:45:25 PM

What do you guys think?

exactamundo!  Cool

That is excellent. We need to stretch out and reach many people in the world.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:45:46 PM

neilh, you should realize it's mainly me who trashes BC. The rest of the community mainly focuses on Mint development.

So even though you didn't direct your question of "why trash blackcoin" at me I will answer:

Blackcoin came out 10 days after Mintcoin with a 10 day distribution. A complete copy cat that only had one way to ride the success of Mintcoin wave: Instamine the coin in 10 days. They claim to be original because of this different distribution method. They also differentiate themselves by paying a measly 1% interest on their instamined coin.

Blackcoin then came up with a good idea. The BC multipool. Again, not an original idea as we have seen multipools selling alts for BTC for years now.

It's a good idea for a coin with a small marketcap, because even a small 2 BTC buy at a price above current market price can artificially increase the price by a 300-500 satoshi margin. This is a great way to trick gullible investors into buying high. Then they get dumped on by the people who know what's happening. Then the process repeats. What is happening now is that only true believers are holding the coin. No one is buying anymore, and so the volume is dying as manipulators set their sights elsewhere.

The truth about blackcoin is that it holds no real value. It's literally as if someone put 74 million coins on the market and then said "Buy our wonderful coin, it's better than bitcoin!"

I'll agree you are the main person, but there are others that do
it, or at least post little snide remarks regularly.

The fact BC is a low interest rate is a plus, and also the total PoW
coins millions, not billions is also a plus for me.

I actually had Mint when it was at 4 sat. Made a very nice profit
and moved to BC. I still like to read this thread to see how Mint is
progressing. So I see your posts and others all time, but for the
most part ignore it.

ECC is much more similar to Mint, but that hasn't had the price
increase like BC has it, which I personally think is why you have
a problem with BC!  Roll Eyes

Neilh I appreciate you trying to bridge between the BC and MINT communities. I have done the same before in the past over on the BC forum, and well, it didn't go so well to say the least (I've been called a MINT f*ggot, a troll, etc) ... I have given up. You should look through the history. The amount of hostility between the two communities is rather unfortunate. But, I don't think there is any way to change this. Some people over there do not like MINT, some people over here do not like BC- this does not reflect upon the entirety on the communities, though. I still believe in working together or at least in peaceful co-existence. The bashing of other coins is not a good way to promote one's own coins, lets keep it classy. After all, talking about BC on here or MINT on the BC forum only gives greater visibility to the wrong coin.
stormia

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

Regarding marketing and mass mint adoption. I believe one of the best ways to promote mint is buy products with mint.

Even a small purchase like 500 mint or $2 makes a difference.

See the first post for mint merchants.

Go mint  Cheesy

I agree completely!
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:47:08 PM

The more I read this thread, the more I like the coin. THAT tells me it has a great community, or FANTASTIC marketing. Either way, a good foundational start to a good investment.

The name is great, the color scheme and logo is great and is very flexible, the dev team communicates and is actively promoting the coin in the right places...I see a lot of potential here for long term growth, and possible unforeseen short-term explosive growth depending on luck and marketing windfalls.

Glad I invested a good chunk of my total portfolio back at 14-16! Might buy even more if it goes back to the basement again. This coin, and CleanWaterCoin are my two current favorites for growth potential and sustainability (if CleanWaterCoin chooses a more efficient mining method in the near future, which the dev team is currently looking in to).

I don't think it will stay low anymore. There are too many developments now.

I am launching a big/huge/gigantic/humongous/gargantuan marketing campaign, and that will push the coin up a lot more.
stormia

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:47:34 PM

Some progress on the Mintcoin Fund
(crossposted on mintcointalk.com)

• Yesterday, I received the premine. Mint was at 20 satoshi, I placed a buy order at sell order at 21, expecting people would buyt it (it could have been the opposite and the price going down to 19 satoshi; I am not sure I should do this again).
  • Today, I sent the BTC conversion to a fiat exchange (the beloved and most secure bitcoin-central.net). It should arrive in one hour and then I will place a sell order I don't know at which price yet (market price, I guess, since BTC is falling down)
  • Tomorrow, it will be converted in Euros and I will transfer it to my own account with SEPA transfer
  • On the second of April, I should receive the Euro equivalent
  • From then on, I will contact the French administration will all due papers. They will read the bylaws, hopefully say the bylaws are acceptable and will publish the creation on the Journal officiel (Official Registry).
  • At this moment, we will make a major announcement. I will announce it in advance so that you guys get prepared to a contextual pump (contextual pump = not a pump because of market manipulation but because of an external even, here the announcement). Those who wish could sell their MINT and buy them back once the pump has faded (there is the risk is doesn't fade away and so that it cost you money - i any case, it would cost you your coin age). The risk/reward ratio is pretty good IMHO, but the risk is not zero, anyway
  • Then I will initiate two things: First, opening up a bank account, probably in a bank which is crowdfunding-friendly (I have my sources on this). Second, I will send the fiscal administration a request for rescript, that is an written, compelling evidence that they will accept tax-reduction for the Fund. If they say "yes", great, we can start moving. If they say "no", we will be allowed some time to change the wording so that they agree with it.

So, this is the plan Smiley

Thank you for keeping us updated, David! Sounds like things are in motion Smiley
mgburks77

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:48:33 PM

What do you guys think?

exactamundo!  Cool

Wonderful.

Friend, you are sitting in one of the ripest markets in the world for this coin.

I hope you realize that. I understand something about the economic history and conditions there.

Good luck!!!
mgburks77

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:52:02 PM

Some progress on the Mintcoin Fund
(crossposted on mintcointalk.com)

• Yesterday, I received the premine. Mint was at 20 satoshi, I placed a buy order at sell order at 21, expecting people would buyt it (it could have been the opposite and the price going down to 19 satoshi; I am not sure I should do this again).
  • Today, I sent the BTC conversion to a fiat exchange (the beloved and most secure bitcoin-central.net). It should arrive in one hour and then I will place a sell order I don't know at which price yet (market price, I guess, since BTC is falling down)
  • Tomorrow, it will be converted in Euros and I will transfer it to my own account with SEPA transfer
  • On the second of April, I should receive the Euro equivalent
  • From then on, I will contact the French administration will all due papers. They will read the bylaws, hopefully say the bylaws are acceptable and will publish the creation on the Journal officiel (Official Registry).
  • At this moment, we will make a major announcement. I will announce it in advance so that you guys get prepared to a contextual pump (contextual pump = not a pump because of market manipulation but because of an external even, here the announcement). Those who wish could sell their MINT and buy them back once the pump has faded (there is the risk is doesn't fade away and so that it cost you money - i any case, it would cost you your coin age). The risk/reward ratio is pretty good IMHO, but the risk is not zero, anyway
  • Then I will initiate two things: First, opening up a bank account, probably in a bank which is crowdfunding-friendly (I have my sources on this). Second, I will send the fiscal administration a request for rescript, that is an written, compelling evidence that they will accept tax-reduction for the Fund. If they say "yes", great, we can start moving. If they say "no", we will be allowed some time to change the wording so that they agree with it.

So, this is the plan Smiley

Thank you for keeping us updated, David! Sounds like things are in motion Smiley

step 8:
http://www.prlog.org/
gonzoucab

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:54:50 PM

We are a good group of people that know that rome wasnt build in a day.

We are building it, we are unstopable in the long term.
gonzoucab

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:03:53 PM

What do you guys think?

exactamundo!  Cool

Wonderful.

Friend, you are sitting in one of the ripest markets in the world for this coin.

I hope you realize that. I understand something about the economic history and conditions there.

Good luck!!!

I know that!
 im a lot onto socio-economic-politic situation here Wink
 I have work for the last two presidential campaings directly on the campaign command Smiley of the opossition party.

We now have a 57% anual inflation on the Bolivar. and here we have good android penetration.

2+2= mint.

Im kinda public person in Caracas, Caracas is a small town-. I will make this the "moda" in Venezuela.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:05:50 PM

What do you guys think?

exactamundo!  Cool

Wonderful.

Good luck!!!

I know that!
 im a lot onto socio-economic-politic situation here Wink
 I have work for the last two presidential campaings directly on the campaign command Smiley of the opossition party.

We now have a 57% anual inflation on the Bolivar. and here we have good android penetration.

2+2= mint.

Im kinda public person in Caracas, Caracas is a small town-. I will make this the "moda" in Venezuela.
Then you understand the potential.

That will make for wonderful exposure in the entirety of South America!
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:19:36 PM

The Android wallet represents an open field run through a wide open hole in the other teams line. If we get it MINT will become top dog.

The thing holding BTC back from mass adoption is specialized equipment. Imagine if anyone can MINT on their android device. Mass adoption!!!!

What's it going to take to get this initiative going?

Is there a bounty thread out there for the android wallet? I know the first post tells that there is a bounty for that but no exact figures or statements. I also think that such a wallet is the key for mass adoption! Anyone knows a guy who can build such a wallet? If there is a bounty thread for that please tell me about this. Otherwise let's start such a bounty thread! I'd throw 300k of mint in.
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:36:01 PM

The Android wallet represents an open field run through a wide open hole in the other teams line. If we get it MINT will become top dog.

The thing holding BTC back from mass adoption is specialized equipment. Imagine if anyone can MINT on their android device. Mass adoption!!!!

What's it going to take to get this initiative going?

Is there a bounty thread out there for the android wallet? I know the first post tells that there is a bounty for that but no exact figures or statements. I also think that such a wallet is the key for mass adoption! Anyone knows a guy who can build such a wallet? If there is a bounty thread for that please tell me about this. Otherwise let's start such a bounty thread! I'd throw 300k of mint in.
I'll commit a meager 5K if a public bounty is started. I wish it could be more.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
Pages: « 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: