Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:48:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 [624] 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:43:56 AM

Good bacon and maple syrup.
Makes me think of Québecoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552630.0 First buyers will get maple "canne" wherever they are in the world Smiley

David, nothing against the good people of France, but I kinda of hope that the Quebeccoin fails miserably. They are a very big political problem here in Canada, and us people from Western Canada have pretty much had enough. They don't need such a coin as the rest of Canada supports them financially, and their government just spends it frivolously, lots of government corruption in Quebec.

Do you know that the government of Quebec has "Language Police" and if your business has an English sign, you can be fined for that?

"Language Police"  haha I didn't know that
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:46:50 AM

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/02/21/quebec-language-police/
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:46:53 AM

David, nothing against the good people of France, but I kinda of hope that the Quebeccoin fails miserably. They are a very big political problem here in Canada, and us people from Western Canada have pretty much had enough. They don't need such a coin as the rest of Canada supports them financially, and their government just spends it frivolously, lots of government corruption in Quebec.

Do you know that the government of Quebec has "Language Police" and if your business has an English sign, you can be fined for that?
Québec is not France Smiley
That was just a because we were talking about maple syrup, nothing else. Sorry if it was considered otherwise. Since I am considering moving from Paris to Vancouver (yep, I don't want to go to Québec - I've been there once, nice but well, nothing great), I am quite conversant on how the ROC (rest of Canada) is getting fed up with Québec. Still, I did not know about government corruption - I mean, there is corruption everywhere, but I guess some places are worst than other (France is quite corrupted too, we got some scandals not so long ago).
I did not know about the Language Police. It is always amusing to me how Québecois are more prone to create French equivalent to English word than France itself Smiley

Anyway, this was just about maple syrup.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:51:27 AM

I had a dream that Mintcoin reached 420 satoshis. The buy volume was huge. Lots of Mintcoin holders were selling and making lots of profit and posting about it. It was a good dream. There were also lots of pancakes for some reason.

+1 for having Mintcoin dreams. I owed my Dad some money so I told him that rather than give him cash, I would give him the equivalent in Mintcoins. I thought that was the best coin to give him seeing as he wasn't going to spend them on anything. So I had a dream that he was on his way to buy a new house, and all he had to pay for it was the laptop I put his wallet on  Shocked

These are good dreams. As a matter of fact, there seem to be a lot of very good dreams surrounding this coin.

The result of a lot of wishful thinking? I'm one who thinks that "mass dreaming" usually portends something...

...and I like this something!
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:57:45 AM

Québec is not France Smiley
That was just a because we were talking about maple syrup, nothing else. Sorry if it was considered otherwise. Since I am considering moving from Paris to Vancouver (yep, I don't want to go to Québec - I've been there once, nice but well, nothing great), I am quite conversant on how the ROC (rest of Canada) is getting fed up with Québec. Still, I did not know about government corruption - I mean, there is corruption everywhere, but I guess some places are worst than other (France is quite corrupted too, we got some scandals not so long ago).
I did not know about the Language Police. It is always amusing to me how Québecois are more prone to create French equivalent to English word than France itself Smiley

Anyway, this was just about maple syrup.

Maple syrup is the best...

You are going to LOVE Vancouver if you move there, other than the traffic.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:59:05 AM

Well, you know the place? I will PM you then

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:59:23 AM

Yes sir, that's the good ole language police at their finest...makes you just shake your head and wonder.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:01:31 AM

Well, you know the place? I will PM you then

Yes I lived there for a few years back in the 90's. It's VERY VERY VERY....did I mention VERY expensive to live there though. It's almost like Hong Kong in looks and price.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:12:42 AM

Yes I lived there for a few years back in the 90's. It's VERY VERY VERY....did I mention VERY expensive to live there though. It's almost like Hong Kong in looks and price.

Just for comparison: I presently live in Paris, very close to the Eiffel Tower (Trocadéro), to give an idea of what I am used to.

valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:13:11 AM

I think I have found the pattern of the unsynchronized blocks:

If you have updated your wallet to v1.7:

These blocks are generated by PoW miners.
These blocks will not be accepted by mintcoin wallet v1.7 and the higher version.
You see the wallet is not synchronized, but in fact your wallet has been synchronized.
These blocks will disappear after a while.
You should not worry about these blocks, because they are invalid and will be ignored by your wallet.

But I am not sure whether it is wrong or not.

After block 220000, with new version pow blocks are blocked, and with old version you can still generate pow blocks. In consequence there's a fork of the blockchain. Now most people are using V1.7, so the blockchain with no more pow will be the main blockchain. The other one will die and all pos generated with old clients will become orphans.

I have no problem to sync to the latest blockchain, so my client shows in sync. If you use 1.7 client and found that there are still 300-400 blocks to sync, but can never sync up, don't worry, you are fine. You can send/receive coins without any problems. Leave the wallet open, it will take some time to see the green sync symbol. Or you can add the addnodes I posted earlier or in OP, which will help you to sync up faster.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:16:25 AM

Just for comparison: I presently live in Paris, very close to the Eiffel Tower (Trocadéro), to give an idea of what I am used to.

Why move to van? I think its too expensive here.. Rains too much. But the euro is. Shite what about australia?
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:19:49 AM

Why move to van? I think its too expensive here.. Rains too much. But the euro is. Shite what about australia?
I was considering it too. I heard it is easy to get a job, especially when you get good diploma and the wages is good also (France will soon need a Francecoin, considering the situation of the economy in the country - we are faring better than Spain and Greece, but to say this is a great time... This years, the number of young people who wanted to leave the country has doubled - it tells something when the government has to make an official announcement about this.

Vancouver or Australia. Yep, both interesting, both different, both English-speaking.

WSCC

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:21:31 AM

I'm not sure why more people are interested in Blackcoin over Mint? Someone tell me please, is it the 0% Premine? Since my time here, I've noticed the devs are very committed and hard at work at making this a good coin, yet Blackcoin is getting 1000 BTC volume everyday while we are getting less than 50. BTW, i fully support mint just bought 1 mill more because i think this coin has a good future.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:28:46 AM

I was considering it too. I heard it is easy to get a job, especially when you get good diploma and the wages is good also (France will soon need a Francecoin, considering the situation of the economy in the country - we are faring better than Spain and Greece, but to say this is a great time... This years, the number of young people who wanted to leave the country has doubled - it tells something when the government has to make an official announcement about this.

Vancouver or Australia. Yep, both interesting, both different, both English-speaking.

I hear france is good minus the euro situation.. It has best medical system.. Higher paying jobs.. But aussy med system still better than can or usa just not as good as france.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/health/131001/global-health-care-systems-obamacare

Out of the top. 5 aussy seems best place to live.. Since euro is garbage.
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:31:05 AM

I'm not sure why more people are interested in Blackcoin over Mint? Someone tell me please, is it the 0% Premine? Since my time here, I've noticed the devs are very committed and hard at work at making this a good coin, yet Blackcoin is getting 1000 BTC volume everyday while we are getting less than 50. BTW, i fully support mint just bought 1 mill more because i think this coin has a good future.

BC has a good hype machine going. It usually centers around their multipool, and they hype it. They hyped it all week for Friday and got a good bump, but volume is down to 278 right now. It's a cycle.

I'm not gonna bash BC, but I think people will tire of the cycle soon. A lot of daytraders have made good money, but I think the average joe is starting to catch on.

We also have a multipool if you would like to mine other alts and be paid out in Mint https://hashco.ws/   After you sign up go to account settings under user info and change payout to mint.

\
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:39:35 AM

BC has a good hype machine going. It usually centers around their multipool, and they hype it. They hyped it all week for Friday and got a good bump, but volume is down to 278 right now. It's a cycle.

I'm not gonna bash BC, but I think people will tire of the cycle soon. A lot of daytraders have made good money, but I think the average joe is starting to catch on.

We also have a multipool if you would like to mine other alts and be paid out in Mint https://hashco.ws/   After you sign up go to account settings under user info and change payout to mint.

Trade Volume is spread out over multiple markets as well so trade volume is actually higher than you might think
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:42:55 AM

Wallet issues seem to be over.

Edit: Please keep your 1.7 wallets open for the time being.

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:50:29 AM

I hear france is good minus the euro situation.. It has best medical system.. Higher paying jobs.. But aussy med system still better than can or usa just not as good as france.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/health/131001/global-health-care-systems-obamacare

Out of the top. 5 aussy seems best place to live.. Since euro is garbage.

Aus is where I would like to live.

\
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:24:47 AM

I haven't ever sold any Mint, I just buy some more every now and again, quietly add it to the total. I imagine a few fans of Mintcoin do much the same thing. For other POS coins 1% isn't much incentive to hold on to a coin so they are being kept on exchanges and speculated on. But eventually people new to the crypto community are going to see Mintcoin as an alternative to a term deposit a bank might offer, and jump onboard.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:41:17 AM

I haven't ever sold any Mint, I just buy some more every now and again, quietly add it to the total. I imagine a few fans of Mintcoin do much the same thing. For other POS coins 1% isn't much incentive to hold on to a coin so they are being kept on exchanges and speculated on. But eventually people new to the crypto community are going to see Mintcoin as an alternative to a term deposit a bank might offer, and jump onboard.

If your banker said, "Hey, would you like an account that has high potential for growth and pays 20% interest?", what would you say? I would think he was pulling my leg.

Mintcoin offers just that. Once COUNTRIES realize this, they may see the coins with higher coin totals as a viable means to store and exchange with while cutting out central banks and setting their own regulations within the treasury department. The coins with higher coin counts are attractive, considering they are already established and can be traded against any other currency, with enough units in play to spread amongst the citizens. Mintcoin offers a platform for this, with a cheap buy in price and humongous room for growth.

I am excited for the future of Mintcoin and it's investors.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 [624] 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: