Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:29:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
KSGuy

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:43:47 PM

I've been able to sync fine from day one by following the instructions in the first post.  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kopam

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:50:52 PM

I think the network hash rate is pretty normal, people are jumping in and out, nothing unusual. Also nothing to be worried about with POS taking over in less then 4 weaks, just initial distribution of the coin.
However there are simply some things that need attention and they need it right now.
First of all the wallet needs a fix, it should be made in a way to sync in fast with out any additional changes. After all if some one fresh wants to get some mintcoins and get on the train he for sure does not want to create conf files, read true 100 pages to find new noddes etc... people want it to be easy and fast and as many other coins are doing it, then i guess its nothing impossible. So this is the first thing that needs to be fixed ( atleast i think so ).
Second thing is the web page, we just really really need a new web page that looks proffesional. Again, fresh people look at that and make decisions bassed on that.
And the last thing is something that has been mentioned already a few times, its the communication between the dev's and the community. There are already a bunch of people that offered to create and manage the community, forums, giveaways, facebooks,tweeters etc. So if the dev's do not have enough man power to fix all, they should simply accept the help that is being offered and simply spend some of the pre mine for that. I am also sure that if needed additional coins can be collected from the community. I for one am ready to donate for anything that makes sence.

So, PLEASE PLEASE, DEV's. Take some of your time and address some of the issues that have been brought to this thread. People just wanna see that you are working and that you have a plan. You dont have to tell us everything but atleast what is in the near future.

MINT !

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
ShibeonBarkmont

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:53:27 PM

I think the network hash rate is pretty normal, people are jumping in and out, nothing unusual. Also nothing to be worried about with POS taking over in less then 4 weaks, just initial distribution of the coin.
However there are simply some things that need attention and they need it right now.
First of all the wallet needs a fix, it should be made in a way to sync in fast with out any additional changes. After all if some one fresh wants to get some mintcoins and get on the train he for sure does not want to create conf files, read true 100 pages to find new noddes etc... people want it to be easy and fast and as many other coins are doing it, then i guess its nothing impossible. So this is the first thing that needs to be fixed ( atleast i think so ).
Second thing is the web page, we just really really need a new web page that looks proffesional. Again, fresh people look at that and make decisions bassed on that.
And the last thing is something that has been mentioned already a few times, its the communication between the dev's and the community. There are already a bunch of people that offered to create and manage the community, forums, giveaways, facebooks,tweeters etc. So if the dev's do not have enough man power to fix all, they should simply accept the help that is being offered and simply spend some of the pre mine for that. I am also sure that if needed additional coins can be collected from the community. I for one am ready to donate for anything that makes sence.

So, PLEASE PLEASE, DEV's. Take some of your time and address some of the issues that have been brought to this thread. People just wanna see that you are working and that you have a plan. You dont have to tell us everything but atleast what is in the near future.

MINT !
+1 if these things get fixed.This coin has HUGE potential. It could really go places. Dev + community + Awesome coin = win for everyone.
ClausPOLO

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:57:32 PM

MINT !

totally agree

So i keep my wallet open, this can help users?
kopam

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:58:06 PM

I also do not see anything strange in the dump going right now. People see the hash rate goin down, they get scared and start dumping.
So as long as the dev's take the time and share with us the plans for the future and ofc they keep on working on the coin, well then its all gonna be just great and we will see a great future of this coin Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:01:42 PM

MINT !

I would go a step further and say that fixing the wallet is critical to the coin's success. I am fed up of having to wait to connect, wait to send coins, and randomly get disconnected from the wallet for no reason. There is no reason we should be having these problems with the wallet, and they need to be addressed immediately.

I say this only because I see some potential in Mint, but not with the wallet like this.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:08:46 PM

MINT !

I would go a step further and say that fixing the wallet is critical to the coin's success. I am fed up of having to wait to connect, wait to send coins, and randomly get disconnected from the wallet for no reason. There is no reason we should be having these problems with the wallet, and they need to be addressed immediately.

I say this only because I see some potential in Mint, but not with the wallet like this.

+1

Also, if you think this is problematic now, just wait until PoS kicks in. In this state I expect a lot of orphans.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Linkeex

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:25:45 PM

MINT !

+1 you are totally right!

+++ Informatik-Student würde für Bitcoins alles tun: Javascript, Java, Nodejs, Angularjs, Express, Objective-C, SQL, Webdesign + + +
==> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356002.msg3808815#msg3808815
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:28:45 PM

Has the DEV been around at all lately? Hopefully he's reading this and fixing the wallet. Yesterday I couldn't get my wallet to sync I added nodes and was able to get it to sync and last I checked had 7 active connections but the normal person doesn't want to mess around with adding nodes and fixing a wallet that shouldn't have problems.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
ScroogeD

Activity: 70

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:39:20 PM

Daily reminder:

Votings
Allcrypt http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
coinmarket.io https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422726.0
Cryptorush https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431099.0
Coinedup reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xk8ge/please_add_mintcoin/
Swisscex https://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5488394-add-mint-coin

Exchanges
https://www.newaltex.com/exchange/mint_btc
https://www.mintpal.com/

Quote, vote & distribute!

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
Camilio

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:42:00 PM

So, leaving my wallet open could help others to sync?
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:50:01 PM

Let's play the MintCoin Scratch Game!

We've added a big prize of 10,000 MINTS!  Hooray!  Cheesy

http://coinok.pw/scratch/mint

Good luck!

1 BTC = 1 BTC
ClausPOLO

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:50:26 PM

i don't know, but i do it.
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:12:56 PM

Hi everyone,

just a quick note to tell that we are well aware of everything mentioned above. We are working hard for this coin, I personally haven't taken a single day of rest since launch, you have no idea of the amount of work needed behind the scenes. So give us some time, Bitcoin is 5 years old, MintCoin is 9 days old, and we will support this coin as long as it's needed for it to succeed.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:17:25 PM

i don't know, but i do it.

Yes it does Smiley If you type getinfo in the console you see what your node is.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:26:57 PM

Hi everyone,

just a quick note to tell that we are well aware of everything mentioned above. We are working hard for this coin, I personally haven't taken a single day of rest since launch, you have no idea of the amount of work needed behind the scenes. So give us some time, Bitcoin is 5 years old, MintCoin is 9 days old, and we will support this coin as long as it's needed for it to succeed.
Thanks for the update!! Breaks are needed though!!

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:27:58 PM

ok but why the drop off?

No idea but with the diff down under 10, I'm hopping back on  Grin

That's what everyone is doing, it goes down to 5, everyone piles on back up to 14-15, everyone gets back off and it falls to 5 again.  Meanwhile those of us constantly mining get bloody bouncing difficulties Tongue

I'm still mining Mintcoin at fast-mint.hashrapid.com and will do so for at least the next 5 or 6 days.
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:28:48 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the update, it is very reassuring to hear from you and to see you didn't all jet off somewhere warm already!!!! This coin is going to be big, the name is BRILLIANT and the concepts is BRILLIANT! Well done guys!
afxxx

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:31:33 PM

I have constantly 65 connections to the Mintcoin network from my wallet. Never had a single issue since the launch of that coin.

Thats my MintCoin.conf:

listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=XXX
rpcpassword=XXX
rpcport=12789
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

I only added that config for solo mining at the launch of this coin to connect with my mining rig. I didnt have to add any nodes, its syncing just fine. Im running Win 8.1 with disabled firewall and behind a firewalled router (fritz box).

Really like this coin, i think it has great potential. Going to buy more since its really cheap now (4 Sat) and try to stack 100 millions till mining phase is over. GO GO MINT!
ClausPOLO

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:38:13 PM

Hi everyone,

the only fact that you speaking on this topic is a good news.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: