Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:44:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:08:25 PM

New rule: Tell anyone you sold you go on the troll list. This thread doesn't tolerate non-investors, and is extremely hostile to the public. Then they wonder why MINT is crashing and the only retort they can repeat over and over like a broken hal9000 is "cheap coins! NOMOMOMOM" and "weak hands see u lolzerz"
/me clicks the ignore button.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:11:30 PM

Latest submission by roguenine @ http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,249.40.html
Isotactic

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:14:22 PM

not going to repost the image

Latest submission by roguenine @ http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,249.40.html

Wow. That looks amazing. I think the logo should definitely be switched tot hat
kopam

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:16:50 PM

Yeah that new logos definetly look great Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
   ████████████████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
ATXsilver

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:17:35 PM

It is truly amazing to me that people who trade and invest in ALT coins have little to no investment experience. These markets are currently very similar to the 'Pump & Dump' markets that penny stocks, pink sheets, and Over-The-Counter equities have been traded (And Manipulated) for many years now.

I got out of MINT way too early taking a profit of 3-5x my investment. Turns out I could have held on for 10-20x my investment, but I have learned that you can't beat yourself up over this, and that in the investing/ speculating world there is a saying that almost always holds true.

"Pigs get Fat, Hogs get Slaughtered"

Also if you want to beat the average 14 year old trading Alt coins you need to think differently than them. You have to buy a coin BEFORE it is getting "Pumped' irrationally by those who have more bitcoins than you, and are trying to get the peasants to dive into a coin after it has gone up 5-10x from where they bought.

This is exactly what the WOLONG clown does. Buys a ton while a coin's cheap, then after he has enough to make lots of money he releases the news that 'he is going to pump' some coin. The average idiot jumps in at whatever price and then starts posting on message boards about how this coin is 'going to the moon' 'new dogecoin' and all kinds of nonsense. When in reality all that happened is that the 'big money' is manipulating the price because you can typically move these Alt coins around without very much 'real money'. So a 'bitcoin millionaire' can do with the price as he wishes, and then he sells to the 14 year olds who run in and buy mint at 30, 40, 50 and even 60 satoshi.

Just a word of advice, if you want to get ahead in this trading/speculating alt coin scene, learn to THINK FOR YOURSELF! Do not just follow the price action caused by those who want to unload their shares on you at inflated prices. Find a coin you like, that has a strong community as well as design, and has built out the infrastructure to support the long-term success of the crypto-currency. Then buy on dips and moments of panic, learn to be patient and let your price come to you.

To get ahead in this game you need to be a contrarian, buying when there is 'blood on the streets', when there is nothing but negativity on the message boards and the community in general.

For instance, take a look at Earthcoin, which by all intensive purposes is superior to MINTCOIN regarding community, adoption, length of existence, etc. The Devs are active and have a wonderful website, and even an online store which accepts only EARTHCOIN and you can currently buy Silver Bullion and other items using Earthcoin. What can you do with MINTCOIN? Mint 20% a year? How is that valuable when it falls by 20% a day or more? I mean if you truly believe in the gimmick of POW to POS then buy and hold for the long-term.

Right now Earthcoin is at 40 Satoshi, and MintCoin is at 20 satoshi, and if you break it down tit-for-tat there is no logical reason for the price to be so close to eachother. Earthcoin has a solid, interactive, and dedicated professional team who has created awesome Marketing assets, and even an online superstore already accepting EarthCoin for precious metals (Earthazaar.com).

I will be back to buying MINT when it gets back near the 10 Satoshi Level and lower, anything above that at this point in the creation just provides the miners and big holders a better price to dump at. After all they know as well they will be able to buy back below 10 satoshi at some point.  

Unfortunately for MINTCOIN the dev does not appear to be all that savvy, creative, or even honest. I mean he couldn't even get a wallet that worked for the first 2 weeks. You going to put your faith in the long-term success of a DEV who may have dumped almost all his pre-mine in the irrational rush to 60 satoshi? Someone who couldn't even figure out a wallet before launching his own coin because he was in such a hurry to cash out?

Just my 2 cents. I still think MINTCOIN has a chance Long-term but it will need truly active and dedicated community members besides the Dev to get this ball rolling. If you have faith in the mystery dev who likely has no interest in this coin any longer since he cashed out probably 1000 bitcoins and is in the bahamas already from his successful pump-n-dump scheme.

Check out Earthcoin, at this 40 satoshi level it is a ridiculous opportunity for long-term success and profits. Even when it goes back to 100 satoshi that is a 250% gain from current prices. One of the reasons it is so low is because it just went through the 5X payout day and there was a ton of coins created that the free market and miners distributed. This is temporarily driving down the price, but as the supply thins out and this distribution is sent to more and more individuals, the long-term strength of EARTHCOIN is only increased.

Cryptsy Trade Key: fa9ad1332f179b704068b9a8a3cac5e08951b516

Sign up to trade on 100+ Alt Cryptos on Cryptsy Here: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=100996

(I will send you a EAC Bonus for signing up under my link above - PM me your Cryptsy trade key once registered)

EAC: eVbBNty7AGwA26ZQpkyVjkoM5XoMiQCoLY

Contact ATXSilver@Gmail.com
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:18:36 PM

700,000,000 * 18 sat (current rate) = 126 BTC = 68812.38 USD (at 546.13)
now take that numbers and use 40 sat and $600=1btc for selling during the pump (~24feb) which makes a total of $168,000 that's a nice profit made from the premine! Awesome.

jany8293

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:22:41 PM

Wow, well done!
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:26:42 PM

WTF? The guy at the computer store who sold me a miner said the coins would just start dropping out of the DVD/ ROM player.

+1  Cheesy

Nah you would need a bluray drive for that
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:31:01 PM

I'm still supporting and holding mint for the long haul.
I also picked up a large chunk in the sub 10 range, I'm happy with my investment and thing it'll take off.
The dev interaction could be a lot better, but it does seem like work is getting done even if it's not obvious to everyone on this forum.
bgs1154

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:32:55 PM

It is truly amazing to me that people who trade and invest in ALT coins have little to no investment experience. These markets are currently very similar to the 'Pump & Dump' markets that penny stocks, pink sheets, and Over-The-Counter equities have been traded (And Manipulated) for many years now.

I got out of MINT way too early taking a profit of 3-5x my investment. Turns out I could have held on for 10-20x my investment, but I have learned that you can't beat yourself up over this, and that in the investing/ speculating world there is a saying that almost always holds true.

Also if you want to beat the average 14 year old trading Alt coins you need to think differently than them. You have to buy a coin BEFORE it is getting "Pumped' irrationally by those who have more bitcoins than you, and are trying to get the peasants to dive into a coin after it has gone up 5-10x from where they bought.

This is exactly what the WOLONG clown does. Buys a ton while a coin's cheap, then after he has enough to make lots of money he releases the news that 'he is going to pump' some coin. The average idiot jumps in at whatever price and then starts posting on message boards about how this coin is 'going to the moon' 'new dogecoin' and all kinds of nonsense. When in reality all that happened is that the 'big money' is manipulating the price because you can typically move these Alt coins around without very much 'real money'. So a 'bitcoin millionaire' can do with the price as he wishes, and then he sells to the 14 year olds who run in and buy mint at 30, 40, 50 and even 60 satoshi.

Just a word of advice, if you want to get ahead in this trading/speculating alt coin scene, learn to THINK FOR YOURSELF! Do not just follow the price action caused by those who want to unload their shares on you at inflated prices. Find a coin you like, that has a strong community as well as design, and has built out the infrastructure to support the long-term success of the crypto-currency. Then buy on dips and moments of panic, learn to be patient and let your price come to you.

To get ahead in this game you need to be a contrarian, buying when there is 'blood on the streets', when there is nothing but negativity on the message boards and the community in general.

For instance, take a look at Earthcoin, which by all intensive purposes is superior to MINTCOIN regarding community, adoption, length of existence, etc. The Devs are active and have a wonderful website, and even an online store which accepts only EARTHCOIN and you can currently buy Silver Bullion and other items using Earthcoin. What can you do with MINTCOIN? Mint 20% a year? How is that valuable when it falls by 20% a day or more? I mean if you truly believe in the gimmick of POW to POS then buy and hold for the long-term.

Right now Earthcoin is at 40 Satoshi, and MintCoin is at 20 satoshi, and if you break it down tit-for-tat there is no logical reason for the price to be so close to eachother. Earthcoin has a solid, interactive, and dedicated professional team who has created awesome Marketing assets, and even an online superstore already accepting EarthCoin for precious metals (Earthazaar.com).

I will be back to buying MINT when it gets back near the 10 Satoshi Level and lower, anything above that at this point in the creation just provides the miners and big holders a better price to dump at. After all they know as well they will be able to buy back below 10 satoshi at some point.  

Unfortunately for MINTCOIN the dev does not appear to be all that savvy, creative, or even honest. I mean he couldn't even get a wallet that worked for the first 2 weeks. You going to put your faith in the long-term success of a DEV who may have dumped almost all his pre-mine in the irrational rush to 60 satoshi? Someone who couldn't even figure out a wallet before launching his own coin because he was in such a hurry to cash out?

Just my 2 cents. I still think MINTCOIN has a chance Long-term but it will need truly active and dedicated community members besides the Dev to get this ball rolling. If you have faith in the mystery dev who likely has no interest in this coin any longer since he cashed out probably 1000 bitcoins and is in the bahamas already from his successful pump-n-dump scheme.

Check out Earthcoin, at this 40 satoshi level it is a ridiculous opportunity for long-term success and profits. Even when it goes back to 100 satoshi that is a 250% gain from current prices. One of the reasons it is so low is because it just went through the 5X payout day and there was a ton of coins created that the free market and miners distributed. This is temporarily driving down the price, but as the supply thins out and this distribution is sent to more and more individuals, the long-term strength of EARTHCOIN is only increased.

This post has been brought to you by Earthcoin!
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:36:00 PM

Another for my Ignore button. As previously stated, I'm not here for your opinion on price or trading, I'm here to help build a community.
radi324

Activity: 196

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:36:30 PM

Just switch to Blackcoin fellas. No pre-mine, PoS stage has been entered and a strong community behind it.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:38:38 PM

Just switch to Blackcoin fellas. No pre-mine, PoS stage has been entered and a strong community behind it.

Another for my Ignore button. As previously stated, I'm not here for your opinion on price or trading, I'm here to help build a community.
bgs1154

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:41:45 PM

Just ignore them and stop posting the same thing over and over.
Chris180Z

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

so.............
whats going on here?

Just trolls Tongue.
thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:46:08 PM

so.............
whats going on here?

blind sheep....

any coin that makes me a profit.
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:46:37 PM

so.............
whats going on here?
[/quote

I'm ignoring people who are only here to offer opinions on price and trading, instead of development ideas.

I'm in a snarly mood because I'm tired of blocking malcontents, children and unsuccessful traders from this forum.

It's getting to be work!
ATXsilver

Activity: 172

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:49:21 PM

[/quote]

Look up 'Confirmation Bias' - You are a great example of someone who only wants positive reinforcement, and refuses to look with an open mind at new information presented to you. Go ahead and just ignore anyone who says something that doesn't just back up your preconceived notions, that is a road that will never lead to success.

My post was more about market psychology, parallels to equity markets, and how to be a contrarian in order to profit. If you don't care to hear about price or trading, then when MINTCOIN settles at 1 satoshi will you still be here parroting mindlessly about how anything that questions your beliefs is worth 'ignoring'?

I would bet my boat you will be long gone as well, and your 'community' will be as well, because ultimately everyone here desperately wants to make a profit. And to ignore that fact is asinine and childish.

Truly intelligent people seek out dissenting opinions and ideas that go against their deeply held beliefs, in order to see the issue from multiple perspectives on the way to seeking out the real 'truth'.

How are you building a community? By posting attacks on those who say anything that dissent from your kool-aid drinking on Mint-Coin?

Are you 14?

Is the post below the type that you prefer?

"MINT COINS IS SOOO COOOL MAN TO THE MOOON!!! WOLONG AND ME ARE GOING TO PUSH THIS UP TO 100 SATOSHI Tomorrow! It's the new DOGECOIN I can't believe it we are all going to be rich!" -If this is the type of mindless drivel you prefer for your utopian 'community' then I truly pity you.

Earthcoin was but an example of a coin that has better risk/reward attributes than this coin does at this time in its life cycle. UnObtanium is another example of a better investment at this time than MintCoin. I would put $500 cash on the fact that in 2 weeks UnObtanium & Earthcoin both outperform MINTCOIN.

Cryptsy Trade Key: fa9ad1332f179b704068b9a8a3cac5e08951b516

Sign up to trade on 100+ Alt Cryptos on Cryptsy Here: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=100996

(I will send you a EAC Bonus for signing up under my link above - PM me your Cryptsy trade key once registered)

EAC: eVbBNty7AGwA26ZQpkyVjkoM5XoMiQCoLY

Contact ATXSilver@Gmail.com
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:52:38 PM

I must say this forum thread is much better after about 5 ignore clicks.

Let's keep on a positive topic here

thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:55:04 PM

game of deception.

and thats the last of me.

any coin that makes me a profit.
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: