Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:53:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:39:17 PM

Nice design, I hope the devs add multi-wallet.
Please explain multi-wallet.

Multi wallet- If you were to download another wallet client right now, It would just replace the current wallet. Multi wallet would give you the ability to have one wallet for holding, one for selling...etc.

\
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:41:55 PM

And I posted a nice surprise for everyone there.
Wow, that is a surprise Smiley
I just don't know exactly how to update the main post accordingly. Tell me how much 1st place will gain, 2nd place and 3nd place.
And who is hybridsole?There is a growing trend to rename mintcoin into mint.

Looks like the lack of action on this weekend first depressed everyone then acted as a catalyst for innovation. Woohoo!

I think mintcoin is good and important for the name so that people know you are talking about the cryptocurrency rather than something you put in your mouth. But MINT for short is good for short. If the name is changed to just mint it is too ambiguous, imo.

Mintcoin "MINT"

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
bjmillican4

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:42:02 PM

When i opened my wallet yesterday I was getting new Mint from minting every 20-30 min up until around 10am this morning then it stopped.  Is this normal?  My wallet is still super slow and making my pc unusable for anything else.  This started around 8 am today.  If Im done minting I guess I can close the wallet and actually use my pc again.  I cant believe Im the only person with this issue.

You might close your wallet for a while and reopen it later.  You don't have to leave the wallet running to keep your coindays.

I am running a client always with just a few coins in it to verify transactions and act as a peer in the network, but I keep my main wallet offline.

Tried that.  When I closed the wallet for a few hours, I dont get any minting.  It seems it the transactions would be waiting for the wallet to open.  Is this not the case?  If i was getting Mint every 20-30 min with wallet, but none while wallet is closed, it seems the wallet would always have to be open to get credit.  But then the computer is unusble for anything else.  Its an i7 with 16gb of ram.  What the hell could the wallet be doing to hog that much of my resources?

Did you do the math on the amount of Mint you should get? Why do people expect others to do everything for them?

Thanks for the help tokyopotato.  Deadmanwalking, I wasnt asking for any help with the math, just how the process works.  Im new to this.  Thanks for being an asshole though.  I will ask you to go fuck yourself.  I got the math...
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:45:23 PM

Helpful Links:

http://mintcoin.com  Check out the FAQ

http://www.mintcointalk.com/

\
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:47:05 PM

Please explain multi-wallet.
Multi wallet- If you were to download another wallet client right now, It would just replace the current wallet. Multi wallet would give you the ability to have one wallet for holding, one for selling...etc.
Understood. But if security is the question, better to have a "physical" separation, i.e. two different piece of software. Plus, harder to make mistakes.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:58:33 PM

Helpful Links:

http://mintcoin.com  Check out the FAQ

http://www.mintcointalk.com/

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:13:44 AM

Here is a sneak peak of the wallet coming up.

There is even the possibility of extra features being integrated into the wallet but more of that later.

www.mintcoin.cc

Scroll down the homepage and look at the testimonials (the team is growing).
Looking great!!
A sugestion: Add a button or menu option to unlock wallet for minting. MANY people seem to have a problem unlocking it...

Bringing this to front. More user friendly wallet, somewhere on here it was mentioned a button for unlocking the wallet would be implemented.

That looks great! Can't wait until it's released.

Been on this thread for a while now, and I've come to the conclusion that the best thing we can do for Mint is make the most user-friendly  wallet in the crypto world.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Simple button to unlock wallet for minting.
2. Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending)
3. Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins.

Please add to this list. I really believe this could differentiate us in a very meaningful way.

\
bjmillican4

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:14:31 AM

When i opened my wallet yesterday I was getting new Mint from minting every 20-30 min up until around 10am this morning then it stopped.  Is this normal?  My wallet is still super slow and making my pc unusable for anything else.  This started around 8 am today.  If Im done minting I guess I can close the wallet and actually use my pc again.  I cant believe Im the only person with this issue.

You might close your wallet for a while and reopen it later.  You don't have to leave the wallet running to keep your coindays.

I am running a client always with just a few coins in it to verify transactions and act as a peer in the network, but I keep my main wallet offline.

Tried that.  When I closed the wallet for a few hours, I dont get any minting.  It seems it the transactions would be waiting for the wallet to open.  Is this not the case?  If i was getting Mint every 20-30 min with wallet, but none while wallet is closed, it seems the wallet would always have to be open to get credit.  But then the computer is unusble for anything else.  Its an i7 with 16gb of ram.  What the hell could the wallet be doing to hog that much of my resources?

Did you do the math on the amount of Mint you should get? Why do people expect others to do everything for them?

Thanks for the help tokyopotato.  Deadmanwalking, I wasnt asking for any help with the math, just how the process works.  Im new to this.  Thanks for being an asshole though.  I will ask you to go fuck yourself.  I got the math...

I don't think so. All of the information you requested is available on the website and the front page of this thread. I've helped many people, but I would like if people would check out available resources before asking questions

Tried that.  When I closed the wallet for a few hours, I dont get any minting.  It seems it the transactions would be waiting for the wallet to open.  Is this not the case?  If i was getting Mint every 20-30 min with wallet, but none while wallet is closed, it seems the wallet would always have to be open to get credit.  But then the computer is unusble for anything else.  Its an i7 with 16gb of ram.  What the hell could the wallet be doing to hog that much of my resources?

Thanks for the help tokyopotato.  Deadmanwalking, I wasnt asking for any help with the math, just how the process works.  Im new to this.  Thanks for being an asshole though. I will ask you to go fuck yourself.  I got the math...

I don't think so. All of the information you requested is available on the website and the front page of this thread. I've helped many people, but I would like if people would check out available resources before asking questions. Obviously you didn't.
. Obviously you didn't.

Im just not seeing where it says that the wallet will be super slow and make my pc useless for anything else.  I also cant tell if the wallet is functioning correctly.  I must have missed that.  Your strategy of being a dick to new people asking honest questions is really going to promote the coin and community.  In the future, if you arent going to be of any help, dont respond to my questions.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:18:20 AM

Here is a sneak peak of the wallet coming up.

There is even the possibility of extra features being integrated into the wallet but more of that later.

www.mintcoin.cc

Scroll down the homepage and look at the testimonials (the team is growing).
Looking great!!
A sugestion: Add a button or menu option to unlock wallet for minting. MANY people seem to have a problem unlocking it...

Bringing this to front. More user friendly wallet, somewhere on here it was mentioned a button for unlocking the wallet would be implemented.

That looks great! Can't wait until it's released.

Been on this thread for a while now, and I've come to the conclusion that the best thing we can do for Mint is make the most user-friendly  wallet in the crypto world.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Simple button to unlock wallet for minting.
2. Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending)
3. Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins.

Please add to this list. I really believe this could differentiate us in a very meaningful way.

\
bjmillican4

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:25:19 AM

As an attorney and a writer, I offered to help David with anything he needs at no charge.  However, if the deadmanwalking person is part of the team, then I am withdrawing my offer.  I don't see how responding to legitimate questions with condescending answers could be helpful for promoting a coin.  Especially when he apparently comprehend the question correctly.  It's supposed to be helpful forum.  David, I'll be glad to help, but if this guy is on your team, then the coin is already dead.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:27:32 AM

Just out of curiosity, where did you download the wallet from? From the link in the OP? Was just thinking that if it wasn't from that link, it could be malware??? (I realize this is probably not the case, but had to ask.)
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:28:07 AM

[/quote]Im just not seeing where it says that the wallet will be super slow and make my pc useless for anything else.  I also cant tell if the wallet is functioning correctly.  I must have missed that.  Your strategy of being a dick to new people asking honest questions is really going to promote the coin and community.  In the future, if you arent going to be of any help, dont respond to my questions.
[/quote]

I'm not a member of the development team. I'm just someone like you who is interested in MintCoin. So my response here is a guess, and we'll need feedback from development to know for sure, but here goes-

I believe minting may be a fairly intense process as it is generating coins mathematically, in effect "mining"

Should only have to be done every 20 days or so, none of my coins have reached maturity yet so I'll let you know how minting affects my machine soon.

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:31:50 AM

As an attorney and a writer, I offered to help David with anything he needs at no charge.  However, if the deadmanwalking person is part of the team, then I am withdrawing my offer.  I don't see how responding to legitimate questions with condescending answers could be helpful for promoting a coin.  Especially when he apparently comprehend the question correctly.  It's supposed to be helpful forum.  David, I'll be glad to help, but if this guy is on your team, then the coin is already dead.

I'm not part of the team. Though as owner of coin, I'm not sure i want you on it

\
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:32:06 AM

We need your kind here!  Welcome to Mint and anything else crypto! Smiley

deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:39:24 AM

We need your kind here!  Welcome to Mint and anything else crypto! Smiley

Here are 2 pieces of his writing directed at me:

1.will ask you to go fuck yourself

2.Your strategy of being a dick

This guy has let his ego hi jack an entire thread. I'm pretty sure we don't need his kind here.

\
kopam

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:44:00 AM

Lets all be friends okay ?  Smiley

Its good to have new people comming, actually the future of this coin depends on that.

This is why i will try to make some how to guides Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
   ████████████████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
bjmillican4

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:49:11 AM

Just out of curiosity, where did you download the wallet from? From the link in the OP? Was just thinking that if it wasn't from that link, it could be malware??? (I realize this is probably not the case, but had to ask.)

Yep, from the original OP.  I downloaded again this morning and tried it on a different pc.  I'm simply wondering if the wallet is supposed to be so resource intensive during minting.  Every time I click on any feature of the wallet, I get "Not Responding" for 2-3 minutes, then the action will process.  The another click, same thing.  Nothing else will function very well either.  For example, if I click a new tab in chrome, nothing happens for 2-3 minutes.  Just so everyone is clear to my question.  IS THE WALLET EXTREMELY RESOURCE INTENSIVE DURING THE MINTING PROCESS?  Also, when my wallet stopped minting today I was curious as to whether that was normal, or is there some other problem.  I don't need help with the math, I'm not done minting yet, but I didn't know exactly how the process worked until tokyopotato explained it.

I'm using an i7 with 16gb ram.  I also tried on an i5, 8gb ram laptop with the same results.  Both running win7 64bit.  To put it in perspective, I can use Windows faster on my AMD quad running 3 R9 290's.  It just doesn't seem like the minting process should be that intensive.  Even a few hours after I stopped receiving coins, nothing changed.  This is my first time with a POS coin.  I just want to know if this is normal, or whether I have a problem with my wallet. A simple "yes this is normal" or "no, you have a problem" will suffice.  I can figure in out from there.
afxxx

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:55:11 AM

Tried that.  When I closed the wallet for a few hours, I dont get any minting.  It seems it the transactions would be waiting for the wallet to open.  Is this not the case?  If i was getting Mint every 20-30 min with wallet, but none while wallet is closed, it seems the wallet would always have to be open to get credit.  But then the computer is unusble for anything else.  Its an i7 with 16gb of ram.  What the hell could the wallet be doing to hog that much of my resources?

Yep, from the original OP.  I downloaded again this morning and tried it on a different pc.  I'm simply wondering if the wallet is supposed to be so resource intensive during minting.  Every time I click on any feature of the wallet, I get "Not Responding" for 2-3 minutes, then the action will process.  The another click, same thing.  Nothing else will function very well either.  For example, if I click a new tab in chrome, nothing happens for 2-3 minutes.  Just so everyone is clear to my question.  IS THE WALLET EXTREMELY RESOURCE INTENSIVE DURING THE MINTING PROCESS?  Also, when my wallet stopped minting today I was curious as to whether that was normal, or is there some other problem.  I don't need help with the math, I'm not done minting yet, but I didn't know exactly how the process worked until tokyopotato explained it.

I'm using an i7 with 16gb ram.  I also tried on an i5, 8gb ram laptop with the same results.  Both running win7 64bit.  To put it in perspective, I can use Windows faster on my AMD quad running 3 R9 290's.  It just doesn't seem like the minting process should be that intensive.  Even a few hours after I stopped receiving coins, nothing changed.  This is my first time with a POS coin.  I just want to know if this is normal, or whether I have a problem with my wallet. A simple "yes this is normal" or "no, you have a problem" will suffice.  I can figure in out from there.

pretty sure its a problem with your setup / network. Im minting since days and have like 20 other tasks running on my pc without a problem. No lags here.

Did you try it on a clean os (no background tasks etc)? Maybe you have some compatibility issue with some software you are running.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:55:48 AM

BJ, I got off on the wrong foot, and your right, I should have read your original question more thoroughly. I too am curious about the resource issue and I think I have coins that should start minting later today. I'll post back later to let everyone know what kind of effect it has on my computer.

\
thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:59:54 AM

lol this is all a scam.. if buys are plentifull... they will just dump through them.

this is just a crappy clone of velocitycoin/peercoin.

it will die.

any coin that makes me a profit.
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: