Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:32:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 [993] 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
MintyAllDay

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 12:55:41 AM

Hey MintyAllDay,

I had an idea...(Not sure what other people think about this, but just thought I'd throw it out there)

In regard to your Mint trading cards... Was just thinking it would be cool if they were somehow infused with a spearmint scent! Would just add that extra touch! Not sure if this is possible though, but wanted to put the idea out there  Cheesy

Perhaps just a hint of mint on the private key.  Maybe scratch and sniff.   Cheesy

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 09:52:58 PM

Hey MintyAllDay,

I had an idea...(Not sure what other people think about this, but just thought I'd throw it out there)

In regard to your Mint trading cards... Was just thinking it would be cool if they were somehow infused with a spearmint scent! Would just add that extra touch! Not sure if this is possible though, but wanted to put the idea out there  Cheesy

Perhaps just a hint of mint on the private key.  Maybe scratch and sniff.   Cheesy
Lol. Or maybe just make it optional. You wouldn't want to compromise the card right?

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
Tubularwindow

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:47:13 AM

Why is Mintcoin price dropping? Is this the end for MINT? I don't want to give up because I really like this coin. This has been my favorite coin for so long. It just sucks the price has been going down the last 6 months or so constantly. But, I think price shouldn't get much lower right? Price is at almost all-time low huh, so maybe a great time to gather some funds together and buy up. I just can't hardley believe some sold MINT for 2 Satoshis. Sort of weird too because LTC price buy orders is worth a lot more than that. Markets are so weird! Anyone think we will see 1 Satoshi price for MINT?
Buy$Polar

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:02:50 AM

Why is Mintcoin price dropping? Is this the end for MINT? I don't want to give up because I really like this coin. This has been my favorite coin for so long. It just sucks the price has been going down the last 6 months or so constantly. But, I think price shouldn't get much lower right? Price is at almost all-time low huh, so maybe a great time to gather some funds together and buy up. I just can't hardley believe some sold MINT for 2 Satoshis. Sort of weird too because LTC price buy orders is worth a lot more than that. Markets are so weird! Anyone think we will see 1 Satoshi price for MINT?

1.  Mintcoin lost Poloniex and their big market makers
2.  Chinese started Dumping and still are Dumping , when Mintcoin lost BTER.
Warned everyone in October 2016
But what do i know
i am just a troll according to the mintcoin geniuses that do nothing while the price dumps.

Calling me a troll is pointless,
Since Poloniex left the only thing holding Mintcoin up has been the Chinese Buyers,
They are dumping a little bit at a time , so the clueless don't catch on in time to lower their bids.
Mintcoin has no volume since Poloniex dumped it.
Today's Chart
1    BTER   MINT/BTC    $83    $0.000026    84.18%

Notice the Chinese Markets are selling at a much lower price.
A pitiful $83 is 84% of your daily volume, drop your bids to 1 sat if you want to stay in the BTC markets , or be prepared to languish in the LTC & Doge Markets before mintcoin dies a painful death.

Marketcap dropped to $663,094 , it is just the beginning, there are no more big players supporting mintcoin , Poloniex, ShapeShift , and now the Chinese are all dropping Mintcoin , marshal your remaining strength at 1 sat or lose everything.

Flyskyhigh

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:49:37 PM

Losing those exchanges are a big hit as the coins need to be absorbed. Price in Bitcoin is one thing, but Bitcoins price has been up recently which puts pressure too. Just combination of things probably not the end for mint though. Still too early in the game. Don't get too hung up on a certain price point. If only $5 worth is being sold that low somewhere it's not likely really moving the market or having a real impact. I don't really see any real dumps.

MintyAllDay

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 04:22:21 PM

Is this the end for MINT?

I'm here for the long term regardless of price.  New wallets in test mode.  Mint Cards production continues.  We have a birthday coming up also.   Smiley

Nice to see you again Buy$Polar.  Taking so much time out of your days to post about mint shows that you have some sort of a vested interest in our market.  It's exciting seeing coins re-distributed to new users at such a reasonable price.

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
LeonGreene

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:30:31 PM

Is this the end for MINT?

I'm here for the long term regardless of price.  New wallets in test mode.  Mint Cards production continues.  We have a birthday coming up also.   Smiley

Nice to see you again Buy$Polar.  Taking so much time out of your days to post about mint shows that you have some sort of a vested interest in our market.  It's exciting seeing coins re-distributed to new users at such a reasonable price.

I really like the Mint Cards but I don't think Mint Cards will get people interested in Mintcoin (again). I sold my Mintcoins the last day it was on Poloniex but I would probably buy back if Mintcoin would have a good community leader again like when Cryptomommy took that position. I really think she did an amazing job to get more people interested in Mintcoin and communicating with the community.

If the new wallet is something special that might get interesting. Would be great to see the community grow again with some more activity and maybe with (someone like) Cryptomommy for all the transparancy and communications.

I have always liked Mintcoin and I will keep watching development from time to time.
MintyAllDay

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 03:18:40 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2017, 04:06:54 AM by MintyAllDay

I really like the Mint Cards but I don't think Mint Cards will get people interested in Mintcoin (again). I sold my Mintcoins the last day it was on Poloniex but I would probably buy back if Mintcoin would have a good community leader again like when Cryptomommy took that position. I really think she did an amazing job to get more people interested in Mintcoin and communicating with the community.

If the new wallet is something special that might get interesting. Would be great to see the community grow again with some more activity and maybe with (someone like) Cryptomommy for all the transparancy and communications.

I have always liked Mintcoin and I will keep watching development from time to time.

We miss cryptomommy also.  But cryptomommy actually left mintcoin on her own and was gracious enough to pass admin privileges down to community members that were still interested in mint.  Her departure was unexpected by other mint contributors yet we've managed to continue in the mint tradition.  I'd argue that we are now more transparent and I believe the data backs this up.  Additionally, I created a history thread which allows users to get a quick overview of our marketplace.  While we don't share as much in regards to ideas that are in development, this is purposeful so we do not generate unwarranted expectations AKA hype.  Short term hype is not sustainable.  Unkept promises are not good business.  The current team is long term, approachable, and working to keep mint solid for years to come.  If you have specific suggestions or questions we'd love to hear them.  Or, you can join us as a mint contributor and see your own ideas put into action.

This is a true community coin.  We're approaching 3 years.  Looking forward to many more.  Smiley

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 05:02:29 AM

Does anyone have any information on who is behind CoinExchange.io? Seems kind of shady to me because it doesn't have a country or physical address listed.

Additional related info...

Twitter @CoinExchangeio started March 2016

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1532173.0

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/4afvjw/coinexchangeio_launches_in_beta_trading_mode/

Not sure when but they were added exactly but CoinExchange is now a listed market on coinmarketcap.com
Flyskyhigh

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:44:37 AM

Success means we've got a long road ahead of us.  And either we have the fuel of originality, passion, vision, purpose, and love, or we have the rather lame motivator of money.  Which do you think will last longer in that race? Stamina is utterly important. And stamina is only possible if managed well.  MINT community has this right focus and direction. Confidence thrives on honesty. These days it's hard to earn anyone's attention with bigger bolder ads or splashier banners. Nobody truly cares. Diligence is the way of wealth. Fundamentals for minting Mintcoin is solid. The reality is, the MINT network has been producing tens of thousands of dollars worth of value per year, and still is. The day to day crypto value is always in flux. Prices can easily swing in other directions and I've seen it happen before. Price could go up more or it could go down more too. Mintcoin minting to me is like a business, if every year, I mint more coins and increase my market share then it is only a matter of time until the dilligence pays off. A faithful man dilligent in his business will stand on high, but he who is hasty to be rich will not be innocent from the consequences that come with that. Wealth gotten by honest gain is a gained by production, and producing things. This follows with the natural laws of nature and is typically a slower process that takes time to build. But once you achieve it, it is more stable sustainable, and cannot easily be moved or shaken. Producing MINTs is a production activity. When the markets do move in your favor, you will then see it and understand and you will have so much more and lasting value than others.

Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:06:49 AM

Referenced from our GitHub Doc HERE

MintCoin Public TestNet

Greetings and salutations Minters! First off, We would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope that your first month of 2017 has been a good one. Now that the proverbial "dust" from the holidays has settled, we would like to invite anyone and everyone to join us in testing our two upcoming wallet releases (thats right, TWO!)

Table of contents

Upcoming Wallets

As mentioned above, we have TWO upcoming wallet versions that are targeted for testing. Below is a brief overview of each.

MintCoin Wallet v2.0.3
First off, we have a release candidate for v2.0.3 that addresses some minor issues with network sync stalling. We've also cleaned up some of the now defunct UI elements (namely QtWebView) as they were archaic and never really looked quite right. This version will serve as one of, if not THE, last releases along the 2.0.x chain.

The purpose of this release is to serve as the final intermediary between 2.0.x and 2.1.x, with special considerations for how network messages and syncing is handled.

MintCoin Wallet v2.1.0
Secondly, there is our v2.1.0 wallet that has been worked on in length over the past year. While details of exactly what this release would entail have been sparse, mainly due to not wanting to spread unnecessary hype, we have reached the point of inevitability.

This version's primary purpose is to bring the core MINT codebase to a more current state. Its no secret that the existing codebase is sorely outdated, being primarily a fork from Bitcoin 0.7.2 with a little bit of Bitcoin 0.8.0 tossed in here n' there.

TestNet Phases

The public TestNet will consist of two primary phases aimed at assisting in the completion of v2.1.0:

Phase One
Start Date: Feb 2 2017
End Date: TBA
Target Version: 2.0.3

While the MintCoin Team members have already spent time building the TestNet chain during internal testings, we need the public's help to add more stress to the network.

To this end, we will be releasing multi-platform pre-compiled binaries of the v2.0.3-RC that are locked in TestNet mode, they will not connect to the main MintCoin network nor will they interfere with existing wallet data.

Testers are asked to add transaction stress to the network in the form of sending coins amongst one another. See below for information on TestNet coin distribution methods.

Phase Two
Start Date: TBA
Target Version: 2.1.0

The second phase of our public test involves monitoring the data upgrade and network syncing process for the v2.1.0 client. The move to a more recent codebase includes a reorganization of the wallet's data directory as well as fundamental changes to how network syncing is handled.

Again, we will be releasing multi-platform pre-compiled binaries of the v2.1.0 test client that are locked in TestNet mode. They will not connect to the main MintCoin network or interfere with existing MainNet wallet data.

For the purpose of this test, testers that participated in phase one will be asked to backup their existing TestNet data directory (without removing/renaming it) and run the v2.1.0 wallet client. Testers that did NOT participate in phase one simply need to run the v2.1.0 wallet client.

At any time during phase two, testers can choose to delete their TestNet data directories to initiate a network sync test. Likewise, testers can choose to restore a backup TestNet data directory from phase one to initiate a data upgrade test.

F.A.Q.

Q: Why are we using a TestNet?
A: Because the main MintCoin network's age. The blockchain is over 3 million blocks long right now, which makes testing critical changes for 2.1.0 very VERY time consuming.

Q: Are there any differences with the TestNet specifications?
A: Yes! For starters, the target spacing is 3 minutes instead of 30 seconds. This basically slows down the chain to allow for more time in evaluating the client's log files. Further, the staking minimum age is only 20 minutes and the maximum age is 60 minutes.

Q: How can I get TestNet coins?
A: TestNet coins can be obtained via PoW mining (`setgenerate true` in the wallet's RPC console) OR by asking one of the MintCoin Team members for an initial supply. Once you have coins in your wallet, Proof-of-stake is used to award coins in the same way that the main MintCoin network does.

Q: Are TestNet coins valid on MainNet and/or exchanges?
A: NO! TestNet coins are exclusive to use on the TestNet only and will not affect the main MintCoin network's supply or distribution. Likewise, exchanges that trade MINT are only trading MainNet coins, attempts to send TestNet coins to an exchange address will fail.

Q: Can I compile my own TestNet wallet client?
A: At the moment, no. During the start of the public TestNet phases, we need to closely monitor the interaction of a couple network variables that could change over time. Having the possibility of these variables on MainNet would be detrimental, so self-compiling is off the table until a later date.

Contact Us

The following resources can be used to contact the MintCoin Team with any questions regarding the TestNet, or any other MintCoin related questions.

TestNet wallet binaries will be posted on Thursday, Feb 2 2017 for our official release.
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 10:29:14 AM

Great to see things moving along. Will contribute to the testing of the new wallet.
crzybilly

Activity: 703

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 10:02:46 PM

Great to see things moving along. Will contribute to the testing of the new wallet.

PM your testnet address when you get it, and I'll pass you some coins.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:23:17 PM

Referenced from our GitHub Doc HERE

MintCoin Public TestNet

Greetings and salutations Minters! First off, We would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope that your first month of 2017 has been a good one. Now that the proverbial "dust" from the holidays has settled, we would like to invite anyone and everyone to join us in testing our two upcoming wallet releases (thats right, TWO!)

Table of contents

Upcoming Wallets

As mentioned above, we have TWO upcoming wallet versions that are targeted for testing. Below is a brief overview of each.

MintCoin Wallet v2.0.3
First off, we have a release candidate for v2.0.3 that addresses some minor issues with network sync stalling. We've also cleaned up some of the now defunct UI elements (namely QtWebView) as they were archaic and never really looked quite right. This version will serve as one of, if not THE, last releases along the 2.0.x chain.

The purpose of this release is to serve as the final intermediary between 2.0.x and 2.1.x, with special considerations for how network messages and syncing is handled.

MintCoin Wallet v2.1.0
Secondly, there is our v2.1.0 wallet that has been worked on in length over the past year. While details of exactly what this release would entail have been sparse, mainly due to not wanting to spread unnecessary hype, we have reached the point of inevitability.

This version's primary purpose is to bring the core MINT codebase to a more current state. Its no secret that the existing codebase is sorely outdated, being primarily a fork from Bitcoin 0.7.2 with a little bit of Bitcoin 0.8.0 tossed in here n' there.

TestNet Phases

The public TestNet will consist of two primary phases aimed at assisting in the completion of v2.1.0:

Phase One
Start Date: Feb 2 2017
Target Version: 2.0.3

While the MintCoin Team members have already spent time building the TestNet chain during internal testings, we need the public's help to add more stress to the network.

To this end, we will be releasing multi-platform pre-compiled binaries of the v2.0.3-RC that are locked in TestNet mode, they will not connect to the main MintCoin network nor will they interfere with existing wallet data.

Testers are asked to add transaction stress to the network in the form of sending coins amongst one another. See below for information on TestNet coin distribution methods.

Phase Two
Start Date: TBA
Target Version: 2.1.0

The second phase of our public test involves monitoring the data upgrade and network syncing process for the v2.1.0 client. The move to a more recent codebase includes a reorganization of the wallet's data directory as well as fundamental changes to how network syncing is handled.

Again, we will be releasing multi-platform pre-compiled binaries of the v2.1.0 test client that are locked in TestNet mode. They will not connect to the main MintCoin network or interfere with existing MainNet wallet data.

For the purpose of this test, testers that participated in phase one will be asked to backup their existing TestNet data directory (without removing/renaming it) and run the v2.1.0 wallet client. Testers that did NOT participate in phase one simply need to run the v2.1.0 wallet client.

At any time during phase two, testers can choose to delete their TestNet data directories to initiate a network sync test. Likewise, testers can choose to restore a backup TestNet data directory from phase one to initiate a data upgrade test.

F.A.Q.

Q: Why are we using a TestNet?
A: Because the main MintCoin network's age. The blockchain is over 3 million blocks long right now, which makes testing critical changes for 2.1.0 very VERY time consuming.

Q: Are there any differences with the TestNet specifications?
A: Yes! For starters, the target spacing is 3 minutes instead of 30 seconds. This basically slows down the chain to allow for more time in evaluating the client's log files. Further, the staking minimum age is only 20 minutes and the maximum age is 60 minutes.

Q: How can I get TestNet coins?
A: TestNet coins can be obtained via PoW mining (`setgenerate true` in the wallet's RPC console) OR by asking one of the MintCoin Team members for an initial supply. Once you have coins in your wallet, Proof-of-stake is used to award coins in the same way that the main MintCoin network does.

Q: Are TestNet coins valid on MainNet and/or exchanges?
A: NO! TestNet coins are exclusive to use on the TestNet only and will not affect the main MintCoin network's supply or distribution. Likewise, exchanges that trade MINT are only trading MainNet coins, attempts to send TestNet coins to an exchange address will fail.

Q: Can I compile my own TestNet wallet client?
A: At the moment, no. During the start of the public TestNet phases, we need to closely monitor the interaction of a couple network variables that could change over time. Having the possibility of these variables on MainNet would be detrimental, so self-compiling is off the table until a later date.

Contact Us

The following resources can be used to contact the MintCoin Team with any questions regarding the TestNet, or any other MintCoin related questions.

TestNet wallet binaries will be posted on Thursday, Feb 2 2017 for our official release.

TestNet Binary Downloads

Linux: http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/TestNet/MintCoin-2.0.3.99-TESTNET-Linux64.tar.gz
Windows: http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/TestNet/MintCoin-2.0.3.99-TESTNET-win32.zip
Mac: http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/TestNet/MintCoin-Qt-2.0.3.99-TESTNET-MacOSX.dmg

If you want an initial coin distribution, contact any Mint Team member but please refrain from posting addresses in this thread.
MarSas

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:09:37 PM

Lovely. Wallet is up and running.
crzybilly

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:43:17 PM

Lovely. Wallet is up and running.
1000000 coins sent
MarSas

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:52:33 PM

Received and waiting for addresses to send to and test the new wallet.
Ricklosti

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:00:03 PM

I am using the windows desktop wallet 2.0.2 and I was just wondering, is there anything that can be done to speed up the loading time when you first launch the client? Trying to load the wallet and it seems to me it is just sitting there. Actually, it even says "done loading" at the bottom but stays on that screen for another 5 minutes or so.
crzybilly

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:45:47 PM

I am using the windows desktop wallet 2.0.2 and I was just wondering, is there anything that can be done to speed up the loading time when you first launch the client? Trying to load the wallet and it seems to me it is just sitting there. Actually, it even says "done loading" at the bottom but stays on that screen for another 5 minutes or so.

2.0.3 which is being tested loads much faster, additionally 2.1 with header downloads should help as well
MintyAllDay

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 04:40:42 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 11:31:48 PM by MintyAllDay

Happy 3 years minters!   Smiley

I'll be updating sites and social channels thru the next few days to reflect some of the surprises we're introducing on this glorious day.

Here's a quick run down...

1.  New Mint Cards.  Plural.  That's right.  How could I only release card #2 when we're at 3 years???  With this in mind, cards #2 and #3 will be released together.  Card #2 is the Fork of Aug. 2015.  Card #3 is Big Fern.  New cards will be printed this month and should see a release around March.  I'll add more details about the new cards leading up to their release at mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html

2.  We're happy to be sponsoring CoinFestUK 2017.  If you attend, there's a good chance you'll receive a complimentary Mint Card.  You can see our sponsorship listed at https://coinfestuk.org/partnerships

3.  A new shop area will be launching soon at mintymintcoin.com accepting MINT exclusively.  New cards will be listed in the store.  I'm also adding a seeds section to the shop where you can find all sorts of various seeds.  Current seeds that will be added to the shop are:  green mint, spearmint, key lime bonsai, dwarf coffee tree, celery, beans, lettuce, broccoli, tomato, cantaloupe, cauliflower, collards, carrots, cabbage, peas, brussel sprouts, cucumber, eggplant, asparagus, melon, beet, kale, onion, pumpkin, arugula, corn, spinach, squash, radish, sunflower, swiss chard, pepper, watermelon, rutabaga, buttercrunch lettuce, parris island romaine lettuce, and red romaine lettuce.  Pricing will be very reasonable.  Additionally, the store will take requests if your looking for particular items.  I expect an early version of the shop to be online sometime this week.

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
Pages: « 1 ... 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 [993] 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: