Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:16:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 [995] 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:43:11 PM

I just noticed that the MINT block explorers are not working.

http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/MintCoin/    (503 error)

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

http://https//prohashing.com/explorer/Mintcoin/   (site can't be reached)

http://explorer.coinpayments.net/index.php?chain=16  (lagging behind)

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:57:23 PM

Cryptopia won't allow MINT withdrawals...

Anyone know what's going on?

Cryptopia has just migrated to a new data centre.  Give them some time to get all their wallets back up.

Has this withdrawal issue been resolved?

Yes. It appears that this issue has been resolved. Withdrawals should be working now. Please notify if not.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:44:33 PM

This one works for me

EDIT: CoinPayments as well.
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:33:55 AM

What do you guys think of the market activity, and prices lately? I know BTC has been on the rise and has been pulling the USD value of MINT up along with it. As a result, MINT is somewhere between 2-3 satoshis but this is a very big spread, so it is difficult for price discovery. It basically means we have to use LTC or DOGE to test the waters. But it's not like there are tons of coins on the exchanges anyway, so the prices could really go any direction quite easily.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
MintyAllDay

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 07:07:50 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 07:57:24 PM by MintyAllDay

A more abundant supply of new and improved Mint Cards at a much lower price point will allow new users to enter the eco-system without the need for a hardware wallet.  Also consider that more then half of the supply will go to CoinFestUK 2017 attendees which may or may not have had ANY interaction with MINT.  I expect to see some new community members around the time that those cards are distributed.

Some of you may have seen another crypto market recently which is based on digital trading cards.  They've used a lot of ideas that I've mentioned around Mint Cards and their market is thriving.  Considering this, I think we're headed in a positive direction.

And speaking of Mint Cards...they'll be in my hands TOMORROW.  Once they're received I'll start on assembly.  I'll also start considering discounted pre-orders.  If anyone has concepts for future cards or would like to contribute in any manner, now is a good time to communicate your ideas.  I'd love to hear from you.

I'm excited to continue expanding and developing the Mint Shop including the addition of new plant seeds.  In the future I expect to offer seeds from some of my own personal, robust plants for a cost lower then anything currently offered in the shop.

Testing continues on the new wallet.  We're very lucky to have such committed devs that see the long vision.  The current team has been committed to MINT for some time now and we have a great working relationship.

I believe mint is a hidden gem.  Time will tell.  Stay minty my friends.  Smiley

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
bizzargin

Activity: 424

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:20:52 PM

I think we all believe that MINT is a hidden gem, but right now all we are is a bunch of bag holders.  I've believed in this coin since day 1, and mined some of the first blocks 3 years ago, but we need to get this coin used and less holding.  I've watched it land on the biggest exchanges and now it barely has life on the smallest exchange.  We are on the verge of moving to a permanent LTC/MINT pairing and at that point, we all know how hard it is to get it back to BTC.  In fact, I've never seen it happen.

We have great devs here and a community thats willing to help this coin grow, but what it really needs is a place to be spent and circulated, put back into a viable exchange and the retailers can convert back to BTC or whichever they prefer.   Once we lose the BTC pairing,  it's lights out.

Sorry for the negativity lately, but it sucks watching this coin go from what it was, where it was going, and where it is today.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

I think we all believe that MINT is a hidden gem, but right now all we are is a bunch of bag holders.  I've believed in this coin since day 1, and mined some of the first blocks 3 years ago, but we need to get this coin used and less holding.  I've watched it land on the biggest exchanges and now it barely has life on the smallest exchange.  We are on the verge of moving to a permanent LTC/MINT pairing and at that point, we all know how hard it is to get it back to BTC.  In fact, I've never seen it happen.

We have great devs here and a community thats willing to help this coin grow, but what it really needs is a place to be spent and circulated, put back into a viable exchange and the retailers can convert back to BTC or whichever they prefer.   Once we lose the BTC pairing,  it's lights out.

Sorry for the negativity lately, but it sucks watching this coin go from what it was, where it was going, and where it is today.

I entered this community much later then you as I never mined mint.  While many would like to see more volume on this coin, my question to an OG community member is, what are your solutions?  How are you working to solve this issue?  

You call yourself a bag holder.  Why are you holding when you think the coin should be spent?  Have you considered doing some transactions?  If no then why?  Have you suggested a product or service you'd like to purchase with mint?

Mint will become what the active community members want it to be.  You don't have to be a dev or part of the team to contribute.

On a side note...some preview images of the new Mint Cards were released on the Slack channel today.   Shocked
Flyskyhigh

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:10:24 PM

I never mined MINT either. The reason I got into it was as a mining replacement. So far I must say it is doing quite nicely. It is basically identical in my mind to mining. You are guaranteed 5% if you have any sizeable balance. Throw down 1 BTC and generate 0.05 BTC per year, assuming stable exchange rate. Exchange rate always fluctuate depending on market sentiment and other coins pumping or dumping so that's impossible to know how it will be in a year and where equilibrium is on the exchange rate, I'm not sure. The difference between minting and mining is those who are miners need to do transactions with their coins in order to reinvest in mining gear to keep up with difficulty. With minting you don't need to do transactions by trading your coins in order to keep your minting up. With MINT, the Sellers are actually selling minting power. Mintcoin is all about buying and selling minting power. I think it is a great idea. Maybe others don't. I have been wondering about wallet updates, how are they progressing?

EdgarTheEdge

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:24:38 PM

I think we all believe that MINT is a hidden gem, but right now all we are is a bunch of bag holders.  I've believed in this coin since day 1, and mined some of the first blocks 3 years ago, but we need to get this coin used and less holding.  I've watched it land on the biggest exchanges and now it barely has life on the smallest exchange.  We are on the verge of moving to a permanent LTC/MINT pairing and at that point, we all know how hard it is to get it back to BTC.  In fact, I've never seen it happen.

We have great devs here and a community thats willing to help this coin grow, but what it really needs is a place to be spent and circulated, put back into a viable exchange and the retailers can convert back to BTC or whichever they prefer.   Once we lose the BTC pairing,  it's lights out.

I used to own MINT a long time ago...I think crypto world is so fast that it will just fade away...nice words though
bizzargin

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:54:31 AM

I think we all believe that MINT is a hidden gem, but right now all we are is a bunch of bag holders.  I've believed in this coin since day 1, and mined some of the first blocks 3 years ago, but we need to get this coin used and less holding.  I've watched it land on the biggest exchanges and now it barely has life on the smallest exchange.  We are on the verge of moving to a permanent LTC/MINT pairing and at that point, we all know how hard it is to get it back to BTC.  In fact, I've never seen it happen.

We have great devs here and a community thats willing to help this coin grow, but what it really needs is a place to be spent and circulated, put back into a viable exchange and the retailers can convert back to BTC or whichever they prefer.   Once we lose the BTC pairing,  it's lights out.

I entered this community much later then you as I never mined mint.  While many would like to see more volume on this coin, my question to an OG community member is, what are your solutions?  How are you working to solve this issue?  

You call yourself a bag holder.  Why are you holding when you think the coin should be spent?  Have you considered doing some transactions?  If no then why?  Have you suggested a product or service you'd like to purchase with mint?

Mint will become what the active community members want it to be.  You don't have to be a dev or part of the team to contribute.

On a side note...some preview images of the new Mint Cards were released on the Slack channel today.   Shocked

I don't think there is a solution, that's part of my point.  I'm a bag holder because it is encouraged to MINT my coins.  I get my 5% by keeping coins X amount of days untouched in my wallet but 5% of zero is zero.   If I were to move them, it would not be for any kind of product because it's not an option.  It would be to an exchange, to change to BTC, to another altcoin in hopes of riding their waves, then back to BTC.  Wash, rinse, repeat until the exchange closes and steals yo shit.

The MINT cards are a great idea for those that like to collect things, beyond that it doesn't have any appeal to me unfortunately.

I'll show myself out

Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:25:34 AM

I don't think there is a solution, that's part of my point.  I'm a bag holder because it is encouraged to MINT my coins.  I get my 5% by keeping coins X amount of days untouched in my wallet but 5% of zero is zero.   If I were to move them, it would not be for any kind of product because it's not an option.  It would be to an exchange, to change to BTC, to another altcoin in hopes of riding their waves, then back to BTC.  Wash, rinse, repeat until the exchange closes and steals yo shit.

The MINT cards are a great idea for those that like to collect things, beyond that it doesn't have any appeal to me unfortunately.

I'll show myself out

You do realize that $360 worth of MINT, gives you $0.05 per day, or 0.00003846 BTC per day. You know how much mining gear you would need to invest in to get that?

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
senopratama

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:38:52 AM

great , cool ico.. love it
how can to join this ico without download a wallet sir ?

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:55:21 AM

da fuq you talkin about!?
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:23:20 PM

WARNING:  WE HAVE NO ASSOCIATION WITH MINTCOIN DOT ORG

Official website is mintcoinofficial.com
Flyskyhigh

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:34:47 PM

WARNING:  WE HAVE NO ASSOCIATION WITH MINTCOIN DOT ORG

Official website is mintcoinofficial.com
Why? What's going on?

bizzargin

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:32:05 AM

I don't think there is a solution, that's part of my point.  I'm a bag holder because it is encouraged to MINT my coins.  I get my 5% by keeping coins X amount of days untouched in my wallet but 5% of zero is zero.   If I were to move them, it would not be for any kind of product because it's not an option.  It would be to an exchange, to change to BTC, to another altcoin in hopes of riding their waves, then back to BTC.  Wash, rinse, repeat until the exchange closes and steals yo shit.

I'll show myself out

You do realize that $360 worth of MINT, gives you $0.05 per day, or 0.00003846 BTC per day. You know how much mining gear you would need to invest in to get that?

I prob spent more than that each day keeping my PC powered on minting.  Regardless, I know it will go up now since I sold so you're welcome!  I just hope you guys never get to an LTC market.

And just for reference, $360 in hash power gets me this daily without electricity cost...

Flyskyhigh

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 08:09:08 PM

And just for reference, $360 in hash power gets me this daily without electricity cost...

Yes, but for how many days? It's not indefinitely. I used to be miner, and do all the calculations. I have a spreadsheet I used to calculate with; it has all the variables to break it down over time. I haven't taken a comparison lately though. Makes me curious. Looks like you're renting the hashpower? How long (how many hours) total were you able to rent it for at that hashrate? Just a rough estimate, but you need to mine back somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.27 BTC just to break even.

bizzargin

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:02:39 PM

Its a lifetime contract for $349 US.  2.5 T hashrate. It mined 0.028 BTC in FEB.   It keeps me involved if anything since my miners have gone the wayside.  

Regardless, I wish the best for Mintcoin.  It was the only altcoin I actually held.

Cheers
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:03:45 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 01:31:45 AM by URSAY

Its a lifetime contract for $349 US.  2.5 T hashrate. It mined 0.028 BTC in FEB.   It keeps me involved if anything since my miners have gone the wayside.  

Regardless, I wish the best for Mintcoin.  It was the only altcoin I actually held.

Cheers

Cloud mining thru a third party?  Paying up front and expecting to recoup those costs over a period of time?
bizzargin

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:41:35 AM

Cheers

Cloud mining thru a third party?  Paying up front and expecting to recoup those costs over a period of time?

Yep.  It's gone pretty well considering there is so much negativity around cloud mining.  I know all the "you never get your money back", "SCAMS" stuff but I've never had issues and I believe I made a fair amount of BTC given my hashrate.  It will take ~18 months to break even with the price where it is at.   I did this instead of buying BTC because I expect BTC to increase exponentially over time and I'd rather get BTC coming consistently.  If I have .3 BTC and price moves to $2k USD, I'll be well up and still getting rewards each day. (Yes I know network hash will increase as price does, etc)

Also, as a Canadian it's not as easy as you think to get fiat into BTC.   There are a few sites but outrageous fees.
Pages: « 1 ... 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 [995] 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: