Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:54:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:27:00 PM

OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet. There is no excuse for those problems. I am not a coder, so what I am about to say may get some people upset. This coin is supposed to be for the masses, right? All of these other coins require no extra coding to get it to "configure" (yeah, that word alone should really attract mass adoption!). If you hit DOGE wallet on their website (and lots of others, but I am using DOGE as an example of a mass adopted coin) a wallet hits your screen and you are ready to go there is no "extracting", "configuring", "roaming" or coding involved in the process. If all of the other coins (seemingly) can do it, why can’t Mint? Again, I am not a coder, but can’t one just copy what all of the other coins did and do the same for Mint? Is the Mint wallet so different from all of the others. What -- is Barack Obama running this coin!?

I really don't know what you guys are so upset about. Just download the client click it to start and wait. I didn't need any conf file. No specialized programming. All i needed was patience. After a while it will just start connecting and downloading the blockchain. All the addnodes are just there to make it go faster if your in a hurry. Lots of wallets have this Most wallets need some extra time to sync. Since it's a p2p currency it needs to find other users with the same info. Just like when you downloading a movie. It needs time to find seeders.

Also... i must defend the dev's.. Had something to discuss couple of days ago and he replied awithin a few hours and was able to put my mind at ease. So all good there.

Ummm...what!? So, all of these pages after pages of instructions and problems are all just figments of the people's imaginations?

Some of what you say is true, but not completely. After one "downloads the client" and then "click it to start" is not exactly what happens.

In my case at least (Windows 7), I first had to remember how to open a zip file (which I hadn't done in years). You have to "extract" it initially (not open), then you have to know that it is the wallet qt.exe file among the many, many files, that has to be opened. Then, when nothing happens for over two hours (not even that little box that says "10 days" or "1 week"), I come to these pages and see that some new coding is needed.

When that predictably (in my case) fails miserably, I have to delete every file and start over again. This time, I just let the wallet sit there (as you suggest) with no coding as I went away. When I came back, it was connected and finally synced after a little longer.

If no coding is needed, and apparently it isn't, then people should stop giving out coding instructions!

And I am not even a complete stranger to this stuff. I have PUTTY and I can insert the code and use it to mine. That is no accomplishment, I am just saying that the Mint experience can be frustrating for a newbie. And every coin wants newbies -- the more the better. These coins are supposed to be fun -- not just ways for people with home made computers stuffed to the rafters with AMD cards to make some extra cash.

Making the experience as easy as possible for new people should be the goal. If that is "complaining", then I am at a loss.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
K0b1

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:53:17 PM

Where to place that MIntcoin.conf file?

C:\Users\accname\AppData\Roaming\mintcoin

you must have the same conf file in your wallet folder and in your roaming\mintcoin folder

Its working!!!

Thanks
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:54:32 PM

All the hashpower seems to be concentrated in just 1 or 2 pools at the moment. Maybe we can try spread some out.

We are giving 5000 block finder bonus for the next 24 hours. Will continue this promotion for longer if activity on the pool increases.

http://mint.dogemoon.com

Thanks

Promotion still running. Hop on over and earn extra mints
ShibeonBarkmont

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:56:22 PM

Making the experience as easy as possible for new people should be the goal.
That is our goal 100% and we are putting together a team to do just that in every way possible. Some of us in the community just started yesterday to alleviate some of the pressures of the dev. so please give us a little time and I am sure we will fix all these issues.
phants

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:01:33 PM

Very nice coin! Smiley

mintcoin.biz is hosted on a green server powered by wind energy
Haha Cheesy
Please photo Smiley
ShibeonBarkmont

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:27:16 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 03:56:59 PM by ShibeonBarkmont

Just got this from the devs. They appreciate everyone's help and are working on the issues. If you have any questions feel free to message me and I would be happy to help as the appointed Community Manager.

David and I are in contact with the Mint Coin Dev team and we will deliver and questions , concerns messages to them.

also don't forget to vote

Also, not to forget the Daily reminder Smiley

Votings
Allcrypt http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
coinmarket.io https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422726.0
Cryptorush https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431099.0
Coinedup reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xk8ge/please_add_mintcoin/
Swisscex https://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5488394-add-mint-coin

Exchanges
https://www.newaltex.com/exchange/mint_btc
https://www.mintpal.com/

Quote, vote & distribute!
Courtesy of Kopam Smiley
Camilio

Activity: 126

Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:36:55 PM

OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet. There is no excuse for those problems. I am not a coder, so what I am about to say may get some people upset. This coin is supposed to be for the masses, right? All of these other coins require no extra coding to get it to "configure" (yeah, that word alone should really attract mass adoption!). If you hit DOGE wallet on their website (and lots of others, but I am using DOGE as an example of a mass adopted coin) a wallet hits your screen and you are ready to go there is no "extracting", "configuring", "roaming" or coding involved in the process. If all of the other coins (seemingly) can do it, why can’t Mint? Again, I am not a coder, but can’t one just copy what all of the other coins did and do the same for Mint? Is the Mint wallet so different from all of the others. What -- is Barack Obama running this coin!?

I really don't know what you guys are so upset about. Just download the client click it to start and wait. I didn't need any conf file. No specialized programming. All i needed was patience. After a while it will just start connecting and downloading the blockchain. All the addnodes are just there to make it go faster if your in a hurry. Lots of wallets have this Most wallets need some extra time to sync. Since it's a p2p currency it needs to find other users with the same info. Just like when you downloading a movie. It needs time to find seeders.

Also... i must defend the dev's.. Had something to discuss couple of days ago and he replied awithin a few hours and was able to put my mind at ease. So all good there.

Ummm...what!? So, all of these pages after pages of instructions and problems are all just figments of the people's imaginations?

Some of what you say is true, but not completely. After one "downloads the client" and then "click it to start" is not exactly what happens.

In my case at least (Windows 7), I first had to remember how to open a zip file (which I hadn't done in years). You have to "extract" it initially (not open), then you have to know that it is the wallet qt.exe file among the many, many files, that has to be opened. Then, when nothing happens for over two hours (not even that little box that says "10 days" or "1 week"), I come to these pages and see that some new coding is needed.

When that predictably (in my case) fails miserably, I have to delete every file and start over again. This time, I just let the wallet sit there (as you suggest) with no coding as I went away. When I came back, it was connected and finally synced after a little longer.

If no coding is needed, and apparently it isn't, then people should stop giving out coding instructions!

And I am not even a complete stranger to this stuff. I have PUTTY and I can insert the code and use it to mine. That is no accomplishment, I am just saying that the Mint experience can be frustrating for a newbie. And every coin wants newbies -- the more the better. These coins are supposed to be fun -- not just ways for people with home made computers stuffed to the rafters with AMD cards to make some extra cash.

Making the experience as easy as possible for new people should be the goal. If that is "complaining", then I am at a loss.

Excuse me sir but opening the mintcoin cliebt is exactly the same as opening the bitcoin client.  Roll Eyes

- It is not too hard to see that the file with the ".exe" at the end is the executable file. Even my mom knows that.
- You have to wait much longer for the bitcoin wallet than the mintcoin wallet.
- You can not tell me that you don´t know how to unzip a file. Nowadays nearly every downloadable file is packed.

This post is even more ridicoulus because you posted that you had run a miner. Nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed...

I don´t want to offend you but.. hell, man is this your first day on the internet?  Grin

Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:39:24 PM

Guys, I have been in contact with Kopam...

He is sending me the graphics so that we can integrate them into the website.

As mentioned before, the newly designed site is scheduled for this Friday.

What domain are we putting it on?

jany8293

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:53:41 PM

Guys, I have been in contact with Kopam...

He is sending me the graphics so that we can integrate them into the website.

As mentioned before, the newly designed site is scheduled for this Friday.

What domain are we putting it on?

What about mint-coin.info? Check Godaddy, nice price too
Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:03:20 PM

I agree that we should retain mintcoin in the domain name.

mint-coin.info is something that we could resort to.

However, just waiting to hear back from owner of mintcoin.info

JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:26:46 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 04:19:56 PM by JTB800

Excuse me sir but opening the mintcoin cliebt is exactly the same as opening the bitcoin client.  Roll Eyes

- It is not too hard to see that the file with the ".exe" at the end is the executable file. Even my mom knows that.
- You can not tell me that you don´t know how to unzip a file. Nowadays nearly every downloadable file is packed.

This post is even more ridicoulus because you posted that you had run a miner. Nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed...

I don´t want to offend you but.. hell, man is this your first day on the internet?  Grin

First of all, you must have a very savvy mother. I have to explain how the Amazon site works to my mother. So, you win there!

Now, I don't know how many "downloadable files" you receive on a regular basis, but I can't remember the last time I encountered one. I was at work many years ago or something -- I don't even remember. I use my computer for entertainment and news. News sites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. I have not had to deal with zip files on any of those occasions. I write on Word for blog posts, and well, that is about it. Maybe, I am bizarre and everyone else is exchanging zip files, having a grand time and I have been left out in the cold.

I have never downloaded a miner, so while it may be true that "nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed", as you put it, I wouldn't know. I use the cloud services, which is why I have PUTTY. Once I had that, I could just copy and paste the proper code given by each coin.

I had read where it takes days to sync up with the BTC wallet, so I only have one of those "Multibit" BTC wallets. And, just like my (few) other wallets, it just appeared on my computer after hitting a button. That includes another new coin -- DUCK, which did the same,

But this is all missing the point. Mint needs to be as absolutely simple as possible. Yes, my mistakes were dunderheaded and not well thought out. And I shouldn't have gotten annoyed as most of the errors were mine. But new coins need to be easy for new people, is all I am saying. This coin stuff is supposed to be a fun time (as well as profitable, of course).

I am just trying to point out that competition is getting fiercer and fiercer and if we are losing even one possible recruit because some things are pain in the neck, then that is one too many.

I want Mint to succeed and I think that it has huge potential. But what does it say to new people that the wallet may need additional coding (which it says on every other page of this very forum), the website is adequate at best and the logo is mildly ok?

The miners will be leaving soon (as they do with all coins -- now more than ever) and taking their "enthusiasm" with them. I am just trying to point out a few basics so that we can keep this community rolling after those guys are long gone. I'm certainly not trying to stir up arguments. I want Mint to be a huge, long term coin!
jany8293

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:33:08 PM

First of all, you must have a very savvy mother. I have to explain how the Amazon site works to my mother. So, you win there!

Now, I don't know what how many "downloadable files" you receive on a regular basis, but I can't remember the last time I encountered one. I was at work many years ago or something -- I don't even remember. I use my computer for entertainment and news. News sites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. I have not had to deal with zip files on any of those occasions. I write on Word for blog posts, and well, that is about it. Maybe, I am bizarre and everyone else is exchanging zip files, having a grand time and I have been left out in the cold.

I have never downloaded a miner, so while it may be true that "nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed", as you put it, I wouldn't know. I use the cloud services, which is why I have PUTTY. Once I had that, I could just copy and paste the proper code given by each coin.

I had read where it takes days to sync up with the BTC wallet, so I only have one of those "Multibit" BTC wallets. And, just like my (few) other wallets, it just appeared on my computer after hitting a button. That includes another new coin -- DUCK, which did the same,

But this is all missing the point. Mint needs to be as absolutely simple as possible. Yes, my mistakes were dunderheaded and not well thought out. And I shouldn't have gotten annoyed as most of the errors were mine. But new coins need to be easy for new people, is all I am saying. This coin stuff is supposed to be a fun time (as well as profitable, of course).

I am just trying to point out that competition is getting fiercer and fiercer and if we are losing even one possible recruit because some things are pain in the neck, then that is one too many.

I want Mint to succeed and I think that it has huge potential. But what does it say to new people that the wallet may need additional coding (which it says on every other page of this very forum), the website is adequate at best and the logo is mildly ok?

The miners will be leaving soon (as they do with all coins -- now more than ever) and taking their "enthusiasm" with them. I am just trying to point out a few basics so that we can keep this community rolling after those guys are long gone. I'm certainly not trying to stir up arguments. I want Mint to be a huge, long term coin!

I totally agree with you, +100!
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:33:13 PM

So much has happened since last week it seems, good job everyone. I have many pages to read through Smiley
hammerbrain

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:38:48 PM

"for people with home made computers stuffed to the rafters with AMD cards to make some extra cash."

watchu talkin bout willis?  Cheesy

Also, great to see all the effort being put into Mint.

Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:47:16 PM

I'd love MINT to return to 2 satoshis.

Just one last time before we give it a push!  Grin
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:24:37 PM

I am very happy that there are people like ShibeonBarkmont David Latapie that are steping up for this coin ! I will also do my best and i am sure the community will get this coin where it belongs. I hope they will be able to get in touch with the dev team soon and get some more information on the upcoming changes from there, such as wallet fix etc. We as community can do a lot but we for sure need some good dev's working on the technical part.
And I am happy that kopam is in too.

We are getting in touch with the devs and he welcomed our initiative. Please continue posting on the thread, and try to avoid contacting the devs straight. I you absolutely need something private, PM Shibeon, who will process your request accordingly.

Mint to Alpha Centauri!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:26:12 PM

Great ! There is a chineese translation of this thread in the forum !
We are looking for volunteers for the CN translation. Please PM me or Shibeon (preferrably Shibeon since he is the single point of contact).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
ShibeonBarkmont

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:31:52 PM

Great ! There is a chineese translation of this thread in the forum !
We are looking for volunteers for the CN translation. Please PM me or Shibeon (preferrably Shibeon since he is the single point of contact).

Yes I am willing to field every and all questions , comments, concerns be it about mintcoin or setting up your miner.  Also to add what David has said we are looking for someone to take the roles of European Community Manager and Asian Community manager. If you feel you can fill these roles please contact me.

- Your community manager Shibeon Barkmont

As always stay fresh Smiley
amdfxman1701

Activity: 367

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:32:24 PM

Excuse me sir but opening the mintcoin cliebt is exactly the same as opening the bitcoin client.  Roll Eyes

I don´t want to offend you but.. hell, man is this your first day on the internet?  Grin

LOL, well said, dude.

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
ShibeonBarkmont

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:39:07 PM

OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet.

We're on it right now. I won't spoil but we have a fairly good result just waiting to be released. The devs are working very hard to make mint all it can be.
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: