Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:50:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369743 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:32:28 PM

there is a 23 btc buy wall at 1 satoshi on mintpal, but other than that no significant buying pressure

now what does that tell you?

Cheesy
If you want cheap coins, it is actually smarter to take away buy orders from the order book as it helps to try to produce downward pressure, so you can buy up the cheap coins. putting buy at 1 satoshi just in case someone deeply panics.

For example: you want to buy cheap coins at say 16 sats but nobody is selling. Take out all of your buy orders and sell a few btc worth down to 15. Watch for the market to move down, still don't place any buy orders on the books because that shows support. Place some sell oders on the books at about 18 satoshis to induce people to undercut you. Wait for the sell orders stack up at 15 16 and 17. Then buy all up to 17 and using cost averaging you will have obtained all of the coins for an average price of ~16 sats. The thing is you you don't show your buy orders, you actually want the market to drop as much as possible before you swoop in to buy.

precisely

I've watched that happen over and over for days lol
richlist

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:41:53 PM

I
mintcoin:  community dump, price dump ,volume dump(have no multipool)
blackcoin: community pump, price pump,volume pump(have multipool)

we need sha-256,scrypt,sha-3 multipool. but it`s too late...

You are a troll, stop pretending to be a member of this community

No I m not. just tell true..I know ...true is painful
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:44:11 PM

put richlist on the ignore list people

\
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:48:01 PM

So many trolls in this thread it is unbelievable. (seems like they always show up when the price is down; happened last time we were at 13 sats.)

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:50:27 PM

So many trolls in this thread it is unbelievable. (seems like they always show up when the price is down; happened last time we were at 13 sats.)

I'm afraid they help weak hands drive the price down  Cry

\
draco71

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:50:55 PM

Done. Even if not troll, tired to read the same thing again, and again, and again ...

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:08:16 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 07:37:42 PM by David Latapie

i am not so sure about that multipool. first of all mintcoin stands for low energy usage. so if we now jump on that multipool stuff it  is against the vision of mintcoin. besides that only heavy miner will get more mintcoins. so the price could go up, but just because of miner which are involved int the cryptoworld anyway...
The official answer to multipool is: no approval of multipool, for the very reason that mintcoin is trying to fight against the environmental issue of mining.

Of course, we won't prevent any attempt at doing so; still, we believe that we should stay straight in our boots and not succumb to the temptation of easy money by perverting our ideal of carbon reduction.

Remember that day-trading is a volatile, though spectacular and tempting, activity. If we pursue long-term ends, we should resort to long-term means. This means widening the scope of mintcoin holders (constant low prices help) and getting more and more merchants to accept mintcoin.
If this is not enough, remember that moving from 2500 satoshi to 5000 satoshi (like blackcoin just did) is "just" doubling the price. Mintcoin achieves half of it every three days. So Blackcoin's success is definitely impressive at first sight, but do not let the magic of high numbers lure you. Percentages matter, not raw numbers.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:09:48 PM

i am not so sure about that multipool. first of all mintcoin stands for low energy usage. so if we now jump on that multipool stuff it  is against the vision of mintcoin. besides that only heavy miner will get more mintcoins. so the price could go up, but just because of miner which are involved int the cryptoworld anyway...
The official answer to multipool is: no  approval of multipool, for the very reason that mintcoin is trying to fight against the envrionmental issue of mining.

Of course, we won't prevent any attempt at doing so; still, we believe that we should stay straight in our boot and not succumb to the temptation of easy money by perverting our ideal of carbon reduction.

Remember that day-trading is a volatile, though spectacular and tempting, activity. If we pursue long-term ends, we should resort to long-term means. This means widening the scope of mintcoin holders (constant low prices help) and getting more and more merchant accepting mintcoin.
If this is not enough, remember than moving from 2500 satoshi to 5000 satoshi is "just" doubling the price. Mintcoin achieves half of it every three days. So Blackcoin's success is definitely impressive at first sight, nbut do not let the magic of high numbers lure you. Percentages matter, not raw numbers.

Excellent David, I am very happy to hear this is the attitude of the team.
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:13:53 PM

My Updated Ignore List:

Turds and Trolls Worth Ignoring

1. ManOnTheMoon
2. GingerMod
3. thisisit
4. deadmanwalking

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:14:20 PM

The official answer to multipool is: no  approval of multipool, for the very reason that mintcoin is trying to fight against the envrionmental issue of mining.

Of course, we won't prevent any attempt at doing so; still, we believe that we should stay straight in our boot and not succumb to the temptation of easy money by perverting our ideal of carbon reduction.

Remember that day-trading is a volatile, though spectacular and tempting, activity. If we pursue long-term ends, we should resort to long-term means. This means widening the scope of mintcoin holders (constant low prices help) and getting more and more merchant accepting mintcoin.
If this is not enough, remember than moving from 2500 satoshi to 5000 satoshi is "just" doubling the price. Mintcoin achieves half of it every three days. So Blackcoin's success is definitely impressive at first sight, nbut do not let the magic of high numbers lure you. Percentages matter, not raw numbers.

David, you're wrong about the multi-pool. Other alts will do this, and we will be left behind. We are the best coin, and must act quickly. Besides, what better way to go green than by using the multi-pool to devalue other alts while adding to the value of Mint.

Mint should be King, and when Mint is crowned there will be far fewer hashes being used in the cryptoworld overall. I understand why the development team wouldn't want to be behind a multi-pool as it goes against efficiency, so just sit back and relax. The community will take care of it Wink

\
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:21:37 PM

Boom! Keep up the good work yo!!

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:23:00 PM

It's a crying shame that the dev premined 700 million MINT specifically for bounties and development, yet the community has to reach into it's own pockets and chuck their own hard earned MINT onto the table to try and encourage the lazy dev to do something.
A substantial part of the premine is geared toward an incoming project. I won't tell you how much, what is this project and how long it will take (although I have the answers for at least two of them). I just want you to know that it goes for the premine as it goes for the rest of mintcoin: this is a long term project. So the premine must also be spent scarcely. And this is exactly what is going on.

Now, I agree that, if I was the dev, I would have acted differently on some things (the dev knows it). Still, things are starting to make sense for me.
I won't ask you to believe me, that's not the point. The point here is to say: no, the premine has not been sold, it is only kept at as long-term reserve.
Day-trade, sell, buy, hold. Whatever you do is good. If you day-trade, you create traffic. If you sell, you give opportunity to newcomers to know about mintcoin (even if they ultimately sell it too, they will have heard about it and this matters more than raw performance of an unknown coin). Buying now is a good opportunity too. And of course, if you hold, you'll get interest Smiley

Remember: mintcoin is long-term, patience is wisdom.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:25:07 PM

Already 1.5 Million pledged!

\
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:32:11 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 07:47:16 PM by David Latapie

who are actually devmembers of mintcoin on this thread?
Check our sig. We don't make it mandatory to show you're a mint team member, though.

I just counted, we are 23. I won't give name, first because some may not want their allegiance to be public and second because for some I only know their nick on mintcointalk.com.

dille71

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:32:35 PM

Excellent David, I am very happy to hear this is the attitude of the team.
I second that

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:34:09 PM

They don't respond to the FUD comes in on a daily basis. I like to think it's because they are busy adding merchants and working on development.
This plus having a life :-) And logistics takes a lot of energy too.

luuupooo

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:34:37 PM

here we go!! nice attitude
arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:35:46 PM

Just sold my BC to get some extra mints
Good day for me  Cool
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:36:08 PM

You nned to have a vote from community, better do a multipool and act for donations "anti carbon" but the fact is it s easy to set as a project, and reward will be an important increase of the community.

If we are well know we will have way better return to consacre to an "ecologic project".

Just ask for the community and do it fast.

I "m for a multippol personnaly.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:41:48 PM

David, you're wrong about the multi-pool. Other alts will do this, and we will be left behind. We are the best coin, and must act quickly. Besides, what better way to go green than by using the multi-pool to devalue other alts while adding to the value of Mint.

Mint should be King, and when Mint is crowned there will be far fewer hashes being used in the cryptoworld overall. I understand why the development team wouldn't want to be behind a multi-pool as it goes against efficiency, so just sit back and relax. The community will take care of it Wink

Exactly... quote:
"From an economic and philosophical point of view a mint multipool is green. People who have mining gear are going to mine if there is profitability to be had no matter what. A mint multipool will actually better serve to drive the PoW coins into the ground by rendering them less profitable as the prices of those coins will drop as the mined coins are sold in exchange for mint.

Actually, a mint multipool is green friendly and is for the philosophy of the coin because if every miner got on it, they would be making the prices of all of the minable coins to drop which will also simultaneously be boosting the energy efficient mintcoin. I think a mint multipool is one of the best things we can do. It helps to suppress the non energy efficient coins. Ultimately the non-energy efficient PoW coins will be suppressed enough to not be worth mining."

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
Pages: « 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: