Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:36:38 PM

I don't understand why everyone has this assumption that a premine is bad. What, do you think developers should work for free? Think about it this way, if the developers don't premine, then they have a vested interest in letting to coin drop in value at first so they can load up on cheap coins. If they premined, they want it to go up in value right away. I'd say a reasonable premine makes the developers' goals line up with miners and investors' goals. But here I go again thinking rationally on the internet, how stupid of me...

Also, worth noting that at the time the above poster accuses the dev of dumping the premine Mintcoin had an outrageous trade volume. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe it was in excess of 2500 BTC a day. 700 Mil coins was changing hands 100's of times a day.

\

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:37:32 PM

Mr Random,

Your "points" been addressed over and over because you keep coming back every few days and saying the same thing. You are being disingenuous.

Obviously you have some kind of agenda and are full of shit. Do you see any of the people in the Mint thread going over to other threads and doing this shit?

No, we see you and a few other guys doing the same thing on multiple threads.

That is all
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:42:35 PM

Maybe the dev can buy up the sell walls upto 21 sat with part of his 700 million pre-mine money?
The premine is for long term investment in the coin, not daytrading or breaking down sell walls.

Are you kidding me? The dev refuses to comment on what he spent the pre-mine on and the multipool was funded by donations from the community. That should have been the pre-mine funding it. Dev is secretive and doesn't communicate or care.

Considering that he asked for a 5 million MINT donation to implement something the other day I think we can safely assume the pre-mine has been spent on.

I politely asked the dev why not give a clear list of what the pre-mine has been spent on - no answer.

Blackcoin has no pre-mine and pioneered the bcmultipool concept that mintcoin copied. I switched over and never regretted it.

Maybe you should go back and read the forums and look for what you are talking about before you say things like this. The dev said that he couldnt support the multipool because it goes against the environmentally conscious aspect of this coin (WTF is the point of PoS to save energy if you are still mining??), but he said the community is welcome to create one if we wish. He did not ask for 5m to fund a USD/MINT exchange, he said he wanted to community to raise 5m to demonstrate there was enough interest to justify such an exchange. Wow, look at the OP, look how many fiat/MINT exchanges we have that the community didn't have to pay a penny for... If you switched over to BC and don't regret it, than why do you keep coming back to post on this forum? I've said this many times before but I'll say again, although it's not going to get through to anybody who it hasn't gotten through to yet: 100% of BC PoW was distributed in ONE WEEK, 99% of MINT PoW was distributed in FIVE WEEKS- if you think BC was distributed any better overall than MINT than you are seriously kidding yourself.

1. I showed you cold hard numbers that the distribution of coins percentage wise is practically identical. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a damn about the coin distribution in terms of the general population. Pretty much every coin has stupid problems with a minor elite holding a huge amount of the coins.  My beef is that the premine of 700 million MINT was advertised as being for bounties, not for making dev rich. That is the premise on which I and others bought into Mintcoin. That is 3% of all coins in circulation and was worth one hundred and fifty thousand dollars when the coin was trending upwards before a mega dump occurred (hmmm).

2. During that crash this is what the developer had to say on the mintcoin subreddit: "Sell everything! LOL" http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/1zdfi4/mintcoincc_is_down_price_down_mintcoin_dev_absent/cfsqt9k?context=3

And similar comments. The topic of that btw was mincoincc down, price down, mintcoin dev absent and that was his response.

Hardly what you want the developer to say when he hasn't spoken for 3 days and was ignoring questions on the premine.

3. Of course the dev doesn't promote something which actually involves him doing work. And he did ask for 5 million MINT, afterwards when several people like myself posted WTF you took 700 million MINT in bounties he backtracked.

4. Coins which are premined by the dev never succeed. As soon as I found the non-premined version of Mintcoin (Blackcoin) with an active developer and pioneering innovations like the bcmultipool, it was what left me to sell my remaining 25% of Mintcoin. Mintcoin price tanked from 25 down to 15 since. I sold everything else prior to that based on 1 and 2.

5. Dev repeatedly says there is no connection at all between mintpal exchange and mintcoin. I've done my own investigation work on this, I'll let others do their own due diligence and reach their own conclusions.

GRADE A bullshit

I would trust mr_random over the words of half of the people around here.
So... calling this bullshit is... at most hilariuous

ps... yes , i own and still hold mint.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:42:58 PM

Maybe the dev can buy up the sell walls upto 21 sat with part of his 700 million pre-mine money?
The premine is for long term investment in the coin, not daytrading or breaking down sell walls.

Are you kidding me? The dev refuses to comment on what he spent the pre-mine on and the multipool was funded by donations from the community. That should have been the pre-mine funding it. Dev is secretive and doesn't communicate or care.

Considering that he asked for a 5 million MINT donation to implement something the other day I think we can safely assume the pre-mine has been spent on.

I politely asked the dev why not give a clear list of what the pre-mine has been spent on - no answer.

Blackcoin has no pre-mine and pioneered the bcmultipool concept that mintcoin copied. I switched over and never regretted it.

Maybe you should go back and read the forums and look for what you are talking about before you say things like this. The dev said that he couldnt support the multipool because it goes against the environmentally conscious aspect of this coin (WTF is the point of PoS to save energy if you are still mining??), but he said the community is welcome to create one if we wish. He did not ask for 5m to fund a USD/MINT exchange, he said he wanted to community to raise 5m to demonstrate there was enough interest to justify such an exchange. Wow, look at the OP, look how many fiat/MINT exchanges we have that the community didn't have to pay a penny for... If you switched over to BC and don't regret it, than why do you keep coming back to post on this forum? I've said this many times before but I'll say again, although it's not going to get through to anybody who it hasn't gotten through to yet: 100% of BC PoW was distributed in ONE WEEK, 99% of MINT PoW was distributed in FIVE WEEKS- if you think BC was distributed any better overall than MINT than you are seriously kidding yourself.

1. I showed you cold hard numbers that the distribution of coins percentage wise is practically identical. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a damn about the coin distribution in terms of the general population. Pretty much every coin has stupid problems with a minor elite holding a huge amount of the coins.  My beef is that the premine of 700 million MINT was advertised as being for bounties, not for making dev rich. That is the premise on which I and others bought into Mintcoin. That is 3% of all coins in circulation and was worth one hundred and fifty thousand dollars when the coin was trending upwards before a mega dump occurred (hmmm).

2. During that crash this is what the developer had to say on the mintcoin subreddit: "Sell everything! LOL" http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/1zdfi4/mintcoincc_is_down_price_down_mintcoin_dev_absent/cfsqt9k?context=3

And similar comments. The topic of that btw was mincoincc down, price down, mintcoin dev absent and that was his response.

Hardly what you want the developer to say when he hasn't spoken for 3 days and was ignoring questions on the premine.

3. Of course the dev doesn't promote something which actually involves him doing work. And he did ask for 5 million MINT, afterwards when several people like myself posted WTF you took 700 million MINT in bounties he backtracked.

4. Coins which are premined by the dev never succeed. As soon as I found the non-premined version of Mintcoin (Blackcoin) with an active developer and pioneering innovations like the bcmultipool, it was what left me to sell my remaining 25% of Mintcoin. Mintcoin price tanked from 25 down to 15 since. I sold everything else prior to that based on 1 and 2.

5. Dev repeatedly says there is no connection at all between mintpal exchange and mintcoin. I've done my own investigation work on this, I'll let others do their own due diligence and reach their own conclusions.

Haha here are you "cold hard numbers", quoted from you:  

"As of five minutes ago the top 29 mintcoin addresses hold 30% of all mintcoins. And calculating for blackcoin we see the top 28 blackcoin addresses hold 30% of all blackcoins.

That is remarkably similar. Regardless, the distribution in both of them will only grow over time. I have no concern about such matters and don't want to get dragged into a pointless discussion about it since the facts can be twisted too easily. Wink"

To which I responded with:

'"HAHA there are some cold hard facts that work against your stance that you just posted yourself. SO, a smaller number of BC addresses hold the same percentage of coin that a larger number of Mintcoin address do... and that is without a premine for BC... in other words, you just confirmed all the assumptions and hand waving I just did above because you just demonstrated that the distribution of mintcoin is better despite the premine.."

Your numbers work against your argument... You never responded to this btw.
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:43:41 PM

GRADE A bullshit

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me that the situation is bullshit or calling my post bullshit. If it's the latter, feel free to address my points - points 1,2,3 and 4 are facts.
Your points have already been addressed. If you don't have any more Mintcoins and you obviously hate them, then why are you still posting on this forum? You're not passing he sniff test bro. Go away.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:44:20 PM

Mr Random,

Your "points" been addressed over and over because you keep coming back every few days and saying the same thing. You are being disingenuous.

Obviously you have some kind of agenda and are full of shit. Do you see any of the people in the Mint thread going over to other threads and doing this shit?

That is all

His agenda is that he sold every Mintcoin he had and bought Blackcoin with it. He openly states this in an earlier post when Blackcoin was being pumped. Blackcoin has fallen, so now they are trying to pump again obviously. They are also trying to kill Mint in the process.

\
stormia

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:46:09 PM

GRADE A bullshit

niothor you have the same agenda as mr_random- i see both of you prancing around the BC forum.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:47:32 PM

GRADE A bullshit

Look, it's been established that Mintpal and Mintcoin are not affiliated, the similarity in names is only a coincidence so the way he was making the accusation there was slimy as hell. If he was information why not come right out and say it?

What about that?
stormia

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:48:48 PM

Mr Random,

That is all

His agenda is that he sold every Mintcoin he had and bought Blackcoin with it. He openly states this in an earlier post when Blackcoin was being pumped. Blackcoin has fallen, so now they are trying to pump again obviously. They are also trying to kill Mint in the process.

Yup. The people over in the BC forum really don't like MINT, see it as a threat or something, or don't think both BC and MINT can survive together for some reason. So they regularly bash MINT over there and come over here and bash on MINT. I follow both forums and I see this everyday. Its really annoying and doesn't speak to highly, do you really need to bash other coins for yours to survive?
mgburks77

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:49:50 PM

you would think a senior forum member would know better than to involve themselves in making that type of slimy insinuation without any sort of evidence at all
stormia

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

Haha here are you "cold hard numbers", quoted from you:  

"As of five minutes ago the top 29 mintcoin addresses hold 30% of all mintcoins. And calculating for blackcoin we see the top 28 blackcoin addresses hold 30% of all blackcoins.

That is remarkably similar. Regardless, the distribution in both of them will only grow over time. I have no concern about such matters and don't want to get dragged into a pointless discussion about it since the facts can be twisted too easily. Wink"

To which I responded with:

'"HAHA there are some cold hard facts that work against your stance that you just posted yourself. SO, a smaller number of BC addresses hold the same percentage of coin that a larger number of Mintcoin address do... and that is without a premine for BC... in other words, you just confirmed all the assumptions and hand waving I just did above because you just demonstrated that the distribution of mintcoin is better despite the premine.."

Your numbers work against your argument... You never responded to this btw.

Seriously man, explain your numbers to me and how the hell they support your position.. because clearly, they don't.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:55:30 PM

Yes, they are pumping their clonecoin that magically appeared 10 days after Mintcoin. Oh, but it had a different distribution method so how could it be a copy? A distribution method that favored early adopters only! People only had 10 days to get in on it, HAHA!

Guys, please stop replying to trolls with the quotes attached. This is what they want. It fills our thread with talk about another coin. Just mention them by name if you wish

Troll mr_random

\
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:55:58 PM

Buy4crypto.com will be supporting Mintcoin. Our team at buy4crypto.com will be updating our database and adding in Mintcoin related stores and information!

Follow me on twitter @ buy4crypto and keep up with our fast growing directory of stores.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stormia

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:58:51 PM

Buy4crypto.com will be supporting Mintcoin. Our team at buy4crypto.com will be updating our database and adding in Mintcoin related stores and information!

Follow me on twitter @ buy4crypto and keep up with our fast growing directory of stores.

Sweeet. More and more merchants everyday!
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:59:38 PM

Thanks buy4crypto!!
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:02:12 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 08:36:51 PM by Party Hard

Current Mintcoin Ignore List:

Turds and Trolls Worth Ignoring

1. ManOnTheMoon
2. GingerMod
3. thisisit
4. mr_random
I'm not sure how I'll survive without you 4. You are a fun and hilarious bunch of cuddly trolls, but you are also spreading FUD. I'll try to make it through the day without you...

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:04:00 PM

1. ManOnTheMoon
2. GingerMod
3. thisisit
4. deadmanwalking
5. mr_random
I'm not sure how I'll survive without you 5. You are a fun and hilarious bunch of cuddly trolls, but you are also spreading FUD. I'll try to make it through the day without you...

At least they're keeping this thread bumped! No publicity is bad publicity! Or is it all publicity is good publicity?
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:07:35 PM

Sweeet. More and more merchants everyday!
Indeed. We should start measuring how many merchants per day are added. Someone to webscrap the whole thread and do some regexp to check this and get an average value with a nice history curve (hint; merchants are usually announced by mintcointeam)?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:08:21 PM

1. ManOnTheMoon
2. GingerMod
3. thisisit
4. deadmanwalking
5. mr_random
I'm not sure how I'll survive without you 5. You are a fun and hilarious bunch of cuddly trolls, but you are also spreading FUD. I'll try to make it through the day without you...

At least they're keeping this thread bumped! No publicity is bad publicity! Or is it all publicity is good publicity?

Can someone please tell me why I'm on this list?

\
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:09:32 PM

We have a strong community here and mint is going nowhere but up in the future. We are obviously a threat to that clone coin so as the other guy above said just ignore the trolls and let's stick to getting mint more and more recognized and established.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
Pages: « 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: