Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:25:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
dille71

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:36:27 PM

Maybe the dev can buy up the sell walls upto 21 sat with part of his 700 million pre-mine money?
The premine is for long term investment in the coin, not daytrading or breaking down sell walls.
Yea, the devs are wise, they don't just throw it away

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 06:42:07 PM

Please Like the Mintcoin facebook page. Also please tell friends and family about this great coin and spread the word through other social media such as Twitter. This coin has a bright future ahead of it!
Please like the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
Follow the Twitter page: https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam
+1 the Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/116843574211918716580 (we need someone to post on the Google+ Page and moderate the Google+ community)

Pass this post along to any newcomer. Being present of social networks matters.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:47:46 PM

Maybe the dev can buy up the sell walls upto 21 sat with part of his 700 million pre-mine money?
The premine is for long term investment in the coin, not daytrading or breaking down sell walls.

Are you kidding me? The dev refuses to comment on what he spent the pre-mine on and the multipool was funded by donations from the community. That should have been the pre-mine funding it. Dev is secretive and doesn't communicate or care.

Considering that he asked for a 5 million MINT donation to implement something the other day I think we can safely assume the pre-mine has been spent on.

I politely asked the dev why not give a clear list of what the pre-mine has been spent on - no answer.

Blackcoin has no pre-mine and pioneered the bcmultipool concept that mintcoin copied. I switched over and never regretted it.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 06:48:27 PM

Hope you're right bro! Really hope so. What else can we as coin holders do to help out the entire effort? I've already annoyed everyone I knoe telling them about Mintcoin and I've given away 50,000 to people to get them to download the wallet and get into the coin. Any ideas about what else to do?
I am back from holiday and I am actively organising the various projects. If you are interested to join the club, PM. We have a lot of projects, right what we need is a general overseering, which is my present occupation.

I find it easier to communicate with various team members by mail, that's why you won't see much activity from me except to announce that something goes live.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:57:20 PM

Hope you're right bro! Really hope so. What else can we as coin holders do to help out the entire effort? I've already annoyed everyone I knoe telling them about Mintcoin and I've given away 50,000 to people to get them to download the wallet and get into the coin. Any ideas about what else to do?
I am back from holiday and I am actively organising the various projects. If you are interested to join the club, PM. We have a lot of projects, right what we need is a general overseering, which is my present occupation.

I find it easier to communicate with various team members by mail, that's why you won't see much activity from me except to announce that something goes live.

What kind of support do you need?
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:00:15 PM

Are you kidding me? The dev refuses to comment on what he spent the pre-mine on and the multipool was funded by donations from the community. That should have been the pre-mine funding it. Dev is secretive and doesn't communicate or care.

Considering that he asked for a 5 million MINT donation to implement something the other day I think we can safely assume the pre-mine has been spent on.

I politely asked the dev why not give a clear list of what the pre-mine has been spent on - no answer.

Blackcoin has no pre-mine and pioneered the bcmultipool concept that mintcoin copied. I switched over and never regretted it.

Maybe you should go back and read the forums and look for what you are talking about before you say things like this. The dev said that he couldnt support the multipool because it goes against the environmentally conscious aspect of this coin (WTF is the point of PoS to save energy if you are still mining??), but he said the community is welcome to create one if we wish. He did not ask for 5m to fund a USD/MINT exchange, he said he wanted to community to raise 5m to demonstrate there was enough interest to justify such an exchange. Wow, look at the OP, look how many fiat/MINT exchanges we have that the community didn't have to pay a penny for... If you switched over to BC and don't regret it, than why do you keep coming back to post on this forum? I've said this many times before but I'll say again, although it's not going to get through to anybody who it hasn't gotten through to yet: 100% of BC PoW was distributed in ONE WEEK, 99% of MINT PoW was distributed in FIVE WEEKS- if you think BC was distributed any better overall than MINT than you are seriously kidding yourself.
rmoraos

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:03:37 PM

Pool Hashrate: 91.49 MH/s
14:01:18

Breaking several hashes baby ! Go community, to the 100 Mhs and far away, we can break the vertebral column of the dumpers.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
            ████████████████████████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:09:36 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 08:00:49 PM by Dallas5

Maybe you should go back and read the forums and look for what you are talking about before you say things like this. The dev said that he couldnt support the multipool because it goes against the environmentally conscious aspect of this coin (WTF is the point of PoS to save energy if you are still mining??), but he said the community is welcome to create one if we wish.

13 sat now, if it gets below 10 it would be very hard to get back in the double digits, even harder to get to the triple.

Some concern is justified, the $200 of mint you bought at 20 sat is now worth $130.

I really hope the devs have a few cards up their sleeves, but don't let it go below 10 without a fight.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:10:47 PM

haha sorry that was mine, I dumped 1 million to invest a little bit more into SPA. It will get a pump and ill sell all my SPA then. Ill reinvest all the profits into MINT.
How high do you think SPA will go?

mgburks77

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:11:47 PM

Maybe you should go back and read the forums and look for what you are talking about before you say things like this. The dev said that he couldnt support the multipool because it goes against the environmentally conscious aspect of this coin (WTF is the point of PoS to save energy if you are still mining??), but he said the community is welcome to create one if we wish. He did not ask for 5m to fund a USD/MINT exchange, he said he wanted to community to raise 5m to demonstrate there was enough interest to justify such an exchange. Wow, look at the OP, look how many fiat/MINT exchanges we have that the community didn't have to pay a penny for... If you switched over to BC and don't regret it, than why do you keep coming back to post on this forum? I've said this many times before but I'll say again, although it's not going to get through to anybody who it hasn't gotten through to yet: 100% of BC PoW was distributed in ONE WEEK, 99% of MINT PoW was distributed in FIVE WEEKS- if you think BC was distributed any better overall than MINT than you are seriously kidding yourself.

13 sat now, if it gets below 10 it would be very hard to get back in the double digits, even harder to get to the triple.

Some concern is justified, the $200 of minth you bought at 20 sat is now worth $130.

I really hope the devs have a few cards up their sleeves, but don't let it go below 10 without a fight.

sounds like you have some mint to sell

lol
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:14:06 PM

haha sorry that was mine, I dumped 1 million to invest a little bit more into SPA. It will get a pump and ill sell all my SPA then. Ill reinvest all the profits into MINT.

SPA is already done.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:18:39 PM

1. I showed you cold hard numbers that the distribution of coins percentage wise is practically identical. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a damn about the coin distribution in terms of the general population. Pretty much every coin has stupid problems with a minor elite holding a huge amount of the coins.  My beef is that the premine of 700 million MINT was advertised as being for bounties, not for making dev rich. That is the premise on which I and others bought into Mintcoin. That is 3% of all coins in circulation and was worth one hundred and fifty thousand dollars when the coin was trending upwards before a mega dump occurred (hmmm).

2. During that crash this is what the developer had to say on the mintcoin subreddit: "Sell everything! LOL" http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/1zdfi4/mintcoincc_is_down_price_down_mintcoin_dev_absent/cfsqt9k?context=3

And similar comments. The topic of that btw was mincoincc down, price down, mintcoin dev absent and that was his response.

Hardly what you want the developer to say when he hasn't spoken for 3 days and was ignoring questions on the premine.

3. Of course the dev doesn't promote something which actually involves him doing work. And he did ask for 5 million MINT, afterwards when several people like myself posted WTF you took 700 million MINT in bounties he backtracked.

4. Coins which are premined by the dev never succeed. As soon as I found the non-premined version of Mintcoin (Blackcoin) with an active developer and pioneering innovations like the bcmultipool, it was what left me to sell my remaining 25% of Mintcoin. Mintcoin price tanked from 25 down to 15 since. I sold everything else prior to that based on 1 and 2.

5. Dev repeatedly says there is no connection at all between mintpal exchange and mintcoin. I've done my own investigation work on this, I'll let others do their own due diligence and reach their own conclusions.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:21:26 PM

What kind of support do you need?
I'll tell you all once I have emptied the todolist. Answering now would just disperse energy. I add you to the list of would-be helpers.

mgburks77

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:23:09 PM

1. I showed you cold hard numbers that the distribution of coins percentage wise is practically identical. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a damn about the coin distribution in terms of the general population. Pretty much every coin has stupid problems with a minor elite holding a huge amount of the coins.  My beef is that the premine of 700 million MINT was advertised as being for bounties, not for making dev rich. That is the premise on which I and others bought into Mintcoin. That is 3% of all coins in circulation and was worth one hundred and fifty thousand dollars when the coin was trending upwards before a mega dump occurred (hmmm).

2. During that crash this is what the developer had to say on the mintcoin subreddit: "Sell everything! LOL" http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/1zdfi4/mintcoincc_is_down_price_down_mintcoin_dev_absent/cfsqt9k?context=3

And similar comments. The topic of that btw was mincoincc down, price down, mintcoin dev absent and that was his response.

Hardly what you want the developer to say when he hasn't spoken for 3 days and was ignoring questions on the premine.

3. Of course the dev doesn't promote something which actually involves him doing work. And he did ask for 5 million MINT, afterwards when several people like myself posted WTF you took 700 million MINT in bounties he backtracked.

4. Coins which are premined by the dev never succeed. As soon as I found the non-premined version of Mintcoin (Blackcoin) with an active developer and pioneering innovations like the bcmultipool, it was what left me to sell my remaining 25% of Mintcoin. Mintcoin price tanked from 25 down to 15 since. I sold everything else prior to that based on 1 and 2.

5. Dev repeatedly says there is no connection at all between mintpal exchange and mintcoin. I've done my own investigation work on this, I'll let others do their own due diligence and reach their own conclusions.

GRADE A bullshit

mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:25:22 PM

You can now buy gold and silver with your MintCoins! http://www.bitgild.com/
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:26:51 PM

haha the people from blackcoin are always trying to get people over there to dump on
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:28:16 PM

I don't understand why everyone has this assumption that a premine is bad. What, do you think developers should work for free? Think about it this way, if the developers don't premine, then they have a vested interest in letting to coin drop in value at first so they can load up on cheap coins. If they premined, they want it to go up in value right away. I'd say a reasonable premine makes the developers' goals line up with miners and investors' goals. But here I go again thinking rationally on the internet, how stupid of me...
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:29:50 PM

SPA is already done.

Yes SPA is in the crapper because it is a scam coin playing off the Auroracoin rise(which is also now almost dead) People should not buy coins when they see a sharp rise in price. That means the pump is well under way and they will be caught holding the bag when the dump comes.

David, I really don't understand a lot of your posts. You are a member of the Mintcoin team, and it seems very counterproductive to ask about other coins(you've done this several times).

Yesterday, you fumbled some math and said you were disappointed in the amount of Mint you received from the staking process.  Your posts don't exactly inspire confidence in Mintcoin. I'm sorry, but I felt like something needed to be said. Luckily, we have a community with many intelligent members, here is one:

Thanks to Hybridsole over at Reddit for his article:

http://coinjoint.info/mintcoin-maximize-interest-earned-coins/

\
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:34:02 PM

GRADE A bullshit

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me that the situation is bullshit or calling my post bullshit. If it's the latter, feel free to address my points - points 1,2,3 and 4 are facts.
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:34:55 PM

Thanks Mintcoin Team that's great news! It's great to see the list of merchants that accept Mintcoin as payment ever growing. Also if you notice the types of merchants that accept Mintcoin know a quality item when they see it.
Pages: « 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: