Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
firstflyover

Activity: 195
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:52:52 AM

just got my 1st minted coins, damn that looks sexy
I finally got some minted coins after 20 neverending days.
I received 77000 mintcoins from a 10 millions stack. Does it feel normal, particularly high or particularly low for you? Notice I did not receive anything else since then.

Can people donate their wallet minting coins to the mining buying effort??? Just a thought...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 12:53:38 AM

mgburks77, could you give me your calculations?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
PCJargon

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Smashing rocks with my GPU

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:58:20 AM

The problem i'm seeing is that the difficulty is getting set for both cards at the same level, and it's making one card get barely any submissions. I'm also getting Stratum connection interrupted.

I would normally think that your assumption (diff level) would be correct, but it was reporting accurately for my three cards (one being ~30% faster than the other two), so I'm not sure how they have it set up - I'm actually pretty sure that the server sees all three connections, despite there being only one username. You could try setting up a different password for each instance, or, like was said earlier (probably was you), set up a different wallet address for each miner.

As far as the stratum interruption, I did see that a few times while I was running in there, but a very few. Not sure what might be causing this.
Ok cool, I think that having the same password was the problem.

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
http://freebitco.in/?r=242778
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:00:56 AM

Before I moved mint out of my wallet for trading, i had about 4 different PoS blocks generated across a couple days because i mined my coins and they had entered my wallet over time rather than all at once.

I've set something like that up, with eight incoming transactions.
More for experimenting purposes though, but still, it will be interesting to watch this project evolve.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:01:37 AM

The problem i'm seeing is that the difficulty is getting set for both cards at the same level, and it's making one card get barely any submissions. I'm also getting Stratum connection interrupted.

I would normally think that your assumption (diff level) would be correct, but it was reporting accurately for my three cards (one being ~30% faster than the other two), so I'm not sure how they have it set up - I'm actually pretty sure that the server sees all three connections, despite there being only one username. You could try setting up a different password for each instance, or, like was said earlier (probably was you), set up a different wallet address for each miner.

As far as the stratum interruption, I did see that a few times while I was running in there, but a very few. Not sure what might be causing this.
Report back - this would be good to know.

Thanks!  Wink
PCJargon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:07:10 AM

Report back - this would be good to know.

Thanks!  Wink
Well, I'm no longer getting stratum disconnects now that I changed the password. I'm still seeing that I don't get many Accepted when it's on a higher Diff coin, I still think it's putting my 5970 at 512 pool Diff because my 7990 is also pointed at the same wallet address.

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:09:31 AM

MJ and I came up w same #

This is really my last post for the day  Cheesy

I'm not sure about your math. My math is more simplified and doesn't account for any compound interest. That being said here it is:

20% of 10 Mil is 2 Million

You are paid out every 20 days 365/20=18.25

2,000,000/18.25=109,589

109,589 is around the number you should receive.

It won't all come in at the same time. Leave your wallet open 24 hrs at least.

Also, I PM'd you bout project.

\
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:16:02 AM

Well, I'm no longer getting stratum disconnects now that I changed the password. I'm still seeing that I don't get many Accepted when it's on a higher Diff coin, I still think it's putting my 5970 at 512 pool Diff because my 7990 is also pointed at the same wallet address.

Well, I guess I'd generate another address then. Statistics would say that you'd get the same percentage either way.
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:23:20 AM

10000000 MINT X 0.2 = 2000000 MINT  and...

365 days in a year divided by 20 yields 18.25 minting periods so...

2000000 MINT / 18.25 minting periods = 109589.041 MINT per minting period, this will equal 20% annual return from 10M MINT.

Of course that doesn't account for compound interest. You could apply a compounding interest calculator to figure it though.
jtsnau

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:36:36 AM

Everyday the price drops another Satoshi, but the standard response is "stay strong", "hold", "it's the whales", "keep the faith" or "but it's a great coin".

The basis for this faith is that the coin is technically innovative (i.e. POW/POS combo).  But technical innovation doesn't determine a coins success, for the simple reason that anyone can fork it, change a couple of parameters and call it another coin.  Then it's technical merits no longer give it an advantage.

The market is too saturated with alt-coins, and it's only going to get worse.

For an alt-coin to succeed, it has to have a strong momentum which sustains growth for several months.  Almost all new alt-coins have momentum for a few weeks, then slowly die away.  I'm sorry to say, but Mintcoin is following this pattern as well.

The only coins that have managed to show sustained growth for extended periods are Bitcoin and Litecoin.  Yes, these coins have crashed as well, but they have proven themselves to always come back and that's why investors have faith in them.

Honestly, this is not a troll post because I'm outlining exactly why I believe what I do based on my observations and I'd be glad to be wrong on this one.

PCJargon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:40:47 AM

Everyday the price drops another Satoshi, but the standard response is "stay strong", "hold", "it's the whales", "keep the faith" or "but it's a great coin".

The basis for this faith is that the coin is technically innovative (i.e. POW/POS combo).  But technical innovation doesn't determine a coins success, for the simple reason that anyone can fork it, change a couple of parameters and call it another coin.  Then it's technical merits no longer give it an advantage.

For an alt-coin to succeed, it has to have a strong momentum which sustains growth for several months.  Almost all new alt-coins have momentum for a few weeks, then slowly die away.  I'm sorry to say, but Mintcoin is following this pattern as well.

The only coins that have managed to show sustained growth for extended periods are Bitcoin and Litecoin.  Yes, these coins have crashed as well, but they have proven themselves to always come back and that's why investors have faith in them.

Honestly, this is not a troll post because I'm outlining exactly why I believe what I do based on my observations and I'd be glad to be wrong on this one.

It's already dropped this low and gone back up again, a couple times...

rmoraos

Activity: 452

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:44:32 AM

Ok jtsnau, your opinion is very valid, BUT let see what is the effect of the one or two weeks mining harder mintcoins. If the coin survives, I have the impression that the coin would be a success, because the developers are doing their part reaching merchants.

Best Regards.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
            ████████████████████████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
PCJargon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:45:04 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 01:55:22 AM by PCJargon

Ok jtsnau, your opinion is very valid, BUT let see what is the effect of the one or two weeks mining harder mintcoins. If the coin survives, I have the impression that the coin would be a success, because the developers are doing their part reaching merchants.

Best Regards.
AKA, a coin with real Developing and Community!

moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:18:27 AM

Merchants see the potential in this coin and love it!
PCJargon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:37:55 AM

At this moment we have 57.38 MH/s on the Mint Multipool. That's more than many active PoW coins.

PCJargon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:00:55 AM

At this moment we have 57.38 MH/s on the Mint Multipool. That's more than many active PoW coins.
Though the frontend is down right now...  Undecided

Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:01:22 AM

Remember to go into this thread and bump it up to attract more miners.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518654.new#new
PCJargon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:04:01 AM

Not going to work when the frontend is down and people can't even get the info on setting up their miners for it.

Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:07:22 AM

Not going to work when the frontend is down and people can't even get the info on setting up their miners for it.

Site looks fine to me:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.mintpool.us/
PCJargon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:08:36 AM

Site looks fine to me:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.mintpool.us/
Then it just came back up. I hit refresh and for 5min there it was failing.

EDIT: Oh, the address was changed out of nowhere. I was going to http://mint.mintpool.us/mint/index.php, now it's http://www.mintpool.us/mint/index.php

Pages: « 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: