Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins?  (Read 4088 times)
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:21:58 AM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?

In my opinion i'd say you stick to Bitcoins.. its the most popular in the market now and i believe its tendency to grow more than any other coin is very high.. Altcoins may be volatile and risky to engage in
A real businessman will always decide on the basis of the profit one can earn by investing in a particular asset. So if the probability of earning profit in altcoin is more than that in Bitcoin, I will use Bitcoin as money and will buy altcoin. But if it were not the case, I would certainly prefer to hold Bitcoin because of so many reasons. It is better to hold Bitcoin than to earn the money that is far less than what you can earn by trading Bitcoin at some point in future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:55:03 PM

I do not trade my bitcoin for anything, but sometime you get to see some quality project that wow your curiosity and you just have to invest. Eos, ethereum and spectre.ai are all example of these quality project.

Trading Bitcoin now is a risky business - you can easily lose everything. meanwhile, in case, when you have several BTC, you can exchange some for altcoins and then trade alts and hold Bitcoins you have.
BTChannell

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:37:22 AM

Altcoins are not always traded for USD or USD. They are often traded for BTC and ETH. And BTC and ETH, as they have great liquidity, can be easily exchanged for dollars. Therefore, to buy altcoins, you definitely need to sell your BTC.
everythingforsale

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:15:17 PM

I wish I could know the future and then I would probably sell everything that I have many months ago when it was thousands of dollars more selling value than it is right now... I feel like wasted all that time.
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:23:00 PM

I like btc and think that it is the best coin ever. To my mind, it is the best coin ever and to my mind, it is worth to be held for the long-term. To my mind, this is the best way to trade

Bitcoins is really good for long term investment and that is the reason why most of the people today prefer cryptocurrency you made a good choice on investing in bitcoins more than other cryptocurrency.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:44:38 AM

Totally agree with you. I know that bitcoin is an excellent long-term investment. But if you look at the possibility of earning money quickly, the altcoins certainly give us this opportunity. Of course, you're right that you need to have enough skills for daily trading, but it's worth it. All those who have been at the market for at least a year already know and have seen that when bitcoin grows, then on average it can gain about 5% of its anticipating price, while altcoins gain 20-30%. Therefore, for permanent earnings, the trade of altcoins is definitely more suitable.
Trading altcoins is very risky, if you think that trading bitcoin is hard you have seen nothing, altcoins can move at incredible speeds, I have seen coins growing 1000% in a single day and those that sold made a fortune overnight and then the price crashes and everyone that invested late losses all their money, so do not think of altcoins as just a way of making money, think of them also as high risk investments.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:04:44 AM

Totally agree with you. I know that bitcoin is an excellent long-term investment. But if you look at the possibility of earning money quickly, the altcoins certainly give us this opportunity. Of course, you're right that you need to have enough skills for daily trading, but it's worth it. All those who have been at the market for at least a year already know and have seen that when bitcoin grows, then on average it can gain about 5% of its anticipating price, while altcoins gain 20-30%. Therefore, for permanent earnings, the trade of altcoins is definitely more suitable.
Trading altcoins is very risky, if you think that trading bitcoin is hard you have seen nothing, altcoins can move at incredible speeds, I have seen coins growing 1000% in a single day and those that sold made a fortune overnight and then the price crashes and everyone that invested late losses all their money, so do not think of altcoins as just a way of making money, think of them also as high risk investments.
Most of the altcoins are actually showing some very good signs of reversal as they have reached the oversold state with some pretty good bullish divergence. Still knowing how volatile the altcoin market is, smart moneys may actually be considering being very careful of entering any altcoin market at this stage until there is a clear sign of bitcoin ready for a short upward movement which in this case, I will expect to see some very good one for the alts. People do consider trading altcoins for the reason for multiplying their bitcoin numbers in more quicker time but unfortunately all the traders are not successful with their attempts.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:07:41 AM

I like btc and think that it is the best coin ever. To my mind, it is the best coin ever and to my mind, it is worth to be held for the long-term. To my mind, this is the best way to trade

If you are going to hold Bitcoin and do not touch it why do you speak about trading? I can trade Bitcoin to buy altcoins if I feel it will bring me the better profit. I would pick Gladius token, IOTA, and Komodo.
cryptobiolog

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:36:32 PM

I will. Funds need to be diversified and spread to different places. It is extremely unwise and unsafe to keep all funds in one place.
weeks65

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:59:59 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
I believe that at this point you should only invest in bitcoin trading, you can see that the market is in the downtrend phase and only a small fluctuation of the bitcoin price also causes the altcoin to fall sharply. Therefore, to make the profit with the least risk, I think you should only invest in bitcoin, although the bitcoin price fluctuates very little so the profit is very low but at this time safe is the most important.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:02:22 PM

If you are going to hold Bitcoin and do not touch it why do you speak about trading? I can trade Bitcoin to buy altcoins if I feel it will bring me the better profit. I would pick Gladius token, IOTA, and Komodo.

it was a move that you are being the person that choosing what may bring you the best for it so when you are choosing this for you are about the person also that making some research too what could bring you the profit for in a short period of time.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:41:14 PM

it was a move that you are being the person that choosing what may bring you the best for it so when you are choosing this for you are about the person also that making some research too what could bring you the profit for in a short period of time.
actually it all depends on the situation, if the altcoin is worth considering, the soul of a trader will definitely sell the bitcoin assets they have, and try to buy a certain altcoin. but it cannot continue without strategy.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
alibaba93

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:52:12 PM

I think that at this point you should only invest in bitcoin, you can see that the market is bearish in the long run so the bitcoin price can drop sharply at any time, so to have Successful trading at this time is very difficult. You have to keep watching the market because I think the bitcoin price will be able to continue to adjust. Divide the capital and buy bitcoin in batches.
Evetemot

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:21:29 AM

I do not trade my bitcoin for anything, but sometime you get to see some quality project that wow your curiosity and you just have to invest. Eos, ethereum and spectre.ai are all example of these quality project.

Trading Bitcoin now is a risky business - you can easily lose everything. meanwhile, in case, when you have several BTC, you can exchange some for altcoins and then trade alts and hold Bitcoins you have.
I do not think that those people who are holding bitcoin for a long time may be ready to sell or exchange bitcoin with some other altcoin. I think that they will prefer to continue holding their bitcoin which is the only option with them to recover their lost.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:53:39 AM

If your trading circumstances calls for it, then you can trade Bitcoin for Altcoins. Many times, there is opportunity to use Bitcoin to buy Altcoins and you see them moon later. That's a good way to earn some Bitcoin.
Bitcoin and Altcoin both are in their low markets and buying of both the coins will give you profit after an increase in price occurs. Altcoin is less valuable and we can afford it easily so it is easy to do with Altcoin that will give you less profit. On the other hand we know well that Bitcoin gives us huge profit and is affordable in its low market so this investment is precious and it is relevant to say that we have to do with Altcoin in order to upgrade to Bitcoin.
karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:58:13 AM

Presently in this market,  I will definitely trade my Altcoin to buy Bitcoin as it dips and go lower.  Altcoin is an easy buy when bitcoin begin to rise like it always does

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:21:13 AM

For many people, buy bitcoin for a long term trading, really the best option. Constant trade requires good skills, but not all can master them. The author perfectly understands why he needs bitcoin. Also, he is right that for permanent earnings on crypto-currencies, altcoins are best suited. After all, earnings on altcoins bring a really excellent profit.
Actually I use both for investment, bitcoin has enormous potential and investing in bitcoin for the long term is a must thing, but investing or trading altcoin is also very profitable? there are many altcoins that can rise hundreds of percent in 1 day, that's what I use to get profit. of course, capital must also be divided between bitcoin and altcoin, you need to manage finance for that.
honglien

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:31:56 AM

I have combined bitcoin and also bought Altcoins because at the time you invest both are profitable. Long-term strategy when the price is low, we should get BTC and reserve when the high BTC price we should sell BTC and buy Altcoins investment because Altcoins is cheaper than BTC so we buy large quantities.
Ganbound

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

Bitcoins is really good for long term investment and that is the reason why most of the people today prefer cryptocurrency you made a good choice on investing in bitcoins more than other cryptocurrency.
AS some exchanges facilitate you to use USD directly for trading altcoin, but to me as I have a good amount of bitcoin therefore I mostly use Bitcoin for trading altcoin, in fact it is very easy and there is no difficulties to use bitcoin for trading altcoins.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:53:02 PM

On my own perception, I would say it depends but somehow much better to put some shares of bitcoin since it really worth it in the future. I would say altcoins is very great investment especially those altcoin have a potential to increase tremendously as we are hoping to have a great amount of profit. I believe someday that most of the crypto currency will increase since most of them relying the value of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: