Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:23:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins?  (Read 4088 times)
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:56:15 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
If an altcoin which caught your interest is really promising, I don't see anything wrong on doing such thing. Some altcoins are really having a higher rate of increase than Bitcoin but only in a short period of time. Bitcoin is a crypto for long term holding so if there's a coin that would give you bigger profit, trading your BTC into it is a practical thing to do. But you should first be careful on choosing a "better" crypto than Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ladner

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:18:33 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
At the moment I only trade bitcoin and bitcoin, you can see that bitcoin prices are fluctuating continuously and are falling sharply recently and this has led to altcoin prices are dropping sharply. Therefore, I believe that this time you should only trade bitcoin to be profitable with the least risk possible.
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:48:44 PM

At the moment I only trade bitcoin and bitcoin, you can see that bitcoin prices are fluctuating continuously and are falling sharply recently and this has led to altcoin prices are dropping sharply. Therefore, I believe that this time you should only trade bitcoin to be profitable with the least risk possible.
trading bitcoin can be one of the best ways to get profit when prices are low. but believe it all has risks and if the risk can be carried out properly then profit will side with us.
earn20

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:14:23 PM

No. I believe that since Bitcoin is the ancestor of the cryptocurrency, it should not be changed to others.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:19:05 PM

Well I can trade bitcoin to buy altcoins, especially ethereum. But, I will not trade all my bitcoin for alternative coins, it is better having both than one.
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:56:16 PM

The market is constantly falling sharply, bitcoin prices and altcoin prices are falling very deep, so I believe that at this time you should only buy and trade bitcoin to be profitable with the least risk. The market is volatile and difficult to rock and if you invest in altcoin will be very dangerous because if the bitcoin price increase altcoin prices may not have recovered.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:44:41 AM

If an altcoin which caught your interest is really promising, I don't see anything wrong on doing such thing. Some altcoins are really having a higher rate of increase than Bitcoin but only in a short period of time. Bitcoin is a crypto for long term holding so if there's a coin that would give you bigger profit, trading your BTC into it is a practical thing to do. But you should first be careful on choosing a "better" crypto than Bitcoin.
If there is any altcoin like you have mentioned then I think not only me but everyone here would like to hear about that. Bitcoin has been in the market longer than any other digital currency and it cannot be defeated by any digital coin in any aspect. This is what I have observed and what most experts think. Biggest profits can be earned by bitcoin only.
GawirZZ

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:50:59 AM

in my opinion it's a bad thing, it's better to trade altcoins without having to buy bitcoin. the market is destroyed but not all coins are destroyed. that's a stupid thing
RakknRoll

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:20:41 PM

Maybe Yes, Maybe No. It depends on the situation because when the market value of alternative coins is very productive then I sell it but if not I will rather to holds it instead of trading it.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:33:53 PM

when the bitcoin price is down i buy altcoins and when the bitcoin price is down then i sell altcoins and convert back to bitcoin in this way we can make profits
elpape225

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:54:15 PM

https://medium.com/@optitoken.io/hyperdeflationary-monetary-systems-why-they-should-be-owned-and-utilized-1a34bc2a7536
rose8963

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:19:39 PM

I think that at this time you can completely deal with altcoin, you can see that the market is showing signs of recovery altcoin as bitcoin prices are constantly going and rising slightly in the past days, because So this is a great time for you to profit from altcoin. The market is bearish so you should always keep track of the bitcoin price when keeping altcoin.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:25:54 PM

Trading between altcoins and bitcoins is another way of increasing bitcoin amount. Also nearly all altcoins are trading with only bitcoin. So we all trade altcoins with bitcoin.
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:41:11 PM

for now choosing bitcoin can be used as one of the best potentials, I think it's too risky for altcoins because altcoins currently don't show the potential of the best price. so I think bitcoin can be relied on for trading or investment choices.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:47:15 PM

Well I can trade bitcoin to buy altcoins, especially ethereum. But, I will not trade all my bitcoin for alternative coins, it is better having both than one.
You're right, its gonna be a 50/50 percent investment. I'll be more on btc than of altcoins at this time since all alts are totally dropping. We could say isn't the right time for crypto at and it looks like our market isn't that healthy enough to have a good market.  But I'll be turning back into altcoins investment once market will recover.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
denisaardelean

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:21:18 PM

I think that at this point you can see that the bitcoin price is currently going flat and the price of altcoin is showing signs of a strong recovery, so it can be profitable. At this point, you can trade altcoin. The market is bearish, so always keep track of bitcoin prices when trading. Always have a plan in place to minimize risk.
bigdaddyderp

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:23:20 PM

Yes I am in the process of switching Bitcoin for Altcoin right now in hopes of hitting a big one so I can accumulate more Bitcoin.  I don't have much so I gotta make a play when I can.  this blood bath seems like an opportunity. 
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:38:27 AM

If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.
That is only your gross profit. If you want to know your net profit - the profit left after deductions, then take a look at what sir Silent26 said.

0.05x10000 = 500$ USD - Investment cost.
Just because the price of a particular coin pumps doesn't mean you can now convert it and sell. You should make sure first that its expected converted value is much higher than your capital as much as possible. If you don't keep this in mind then for sure you will get a negative outcome/ loss.

Going back to the topic, it's fine if you will buy alts since they are at cheap price but I don't think it would be a good idea if you will convert your btc in order to do so. You must maintain the value of your bitcoin especially these bloody days so if I were you I'll choose to keep it.
mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:09:37 PM

I will not trade bitcoin to buy altcoins, in fact my favourite hobby is to trade altcoins to buy Bitcoin. You cannot believe altcoins. During my whole experience of crypto trading I thought once to trade bitcion to buy altcoin (MTC token) in April-May but I was not able to buy at that point. Later in June-July I realised that I was right decision now that altcoin (MTC) is very very down.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:12:05 PM

Yes I am in the process of switching Bitcoin for Altcoin right now in hopes of hitting a big one so I can accumulate more Bitcoin.  I don't have much so I gotta make a play when I can.  this blood bath seems like an opportunity. 

I prefer that you should stay on bitcoins because the current market price is too low for bitcoins so wait for the price to pump again before switching in order to invest more altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: