Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:49:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins?  (Read 4088 times)
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:13:33 AM

If I have some bitcoin/s on my wallet even a little amount then I will trade it to buy some altcoin/s. It is better to trade your funds into altcoins than bitcoins because there is a chance that the profits will be doubled if the bitcoin's price is pumping while the price of the altcoin/s you are trading is also pumping. The other altcoins have also the chance to be doubled if the price is paired with BTC in the exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dungthuy

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:38:53 AM

It depends on the potential of that altcoin. I would spend a certain amount of bitcoin for some coin that I really see a good chance to raise and get profit from it. However, with the current market , I'rather hold bitcoin and stay still.
vinbentrob

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:44:40 AM

In a stable and bullish market,  yes I will trade bitcoin to buy Altcoin in order to increase my stash of bitcoin!  As it were right now in cryptocurrency market. It will be expensive and disasterous to sell bitcoin for Altcoin.

SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:46:01 PM

No. I believe that since Bitcoin is the ancestor of the cryptocurrency, it should not be changed to others.

Trading is a best way to make profit traditional trading and crypto trading; due to the modernism in currency trading we have another better way to make huge profit. Bitcoin trading is more precious but its profit is also something which is only here and you will not find it somewhere else.
Altcoins are also good but its potential to generate high profit is not more than that of Bitcoin’s profit so we choose Bitcoin as a productive source of making huge profit. Some altcoins may perform well as an exception but we should not consider those coins as the example because investing in altcoins may become zero also some times.
JeassonHunter

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:13:12 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
  trading altcoin is better that hokding bitcoin, some altcoins will make there price high in a small period but bitcoin takes a long time.
Airbuxf

Activity: 257
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:31:07 PM

I buy only altcoins that I really like and have done a great research on them. If momentary I don't have any altcoin on sight I keep my holdings in Bitcoin.
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:14:34 PM

In a stable and bullish market,  yes I will trade bitcoin to buy Altcoin in order to increase my stash of bitcoin!  As it were right now in cryptocurrency market. It will be expensive and disasterous to sell bitcoin for Altcoin.

It seems to me that now, it will be better to buy Bitcoins and do not trade this cryptocurrency to get altcoins. When the guy has a permanent job and good wages, he can do it. Hold BTC better for a long time.
okocrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:18:01 PM

From recent happenings, some good altcoins have performed far better than Bitcoin. Example is ODE and leaving my money in this coin is a wise decision.
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:38:35 PM

You need to know how to combine technical analysis and fundamental analysis in order to trade profitably. I would advice that, if you are not good at trading, its better you hold your bitcoins for value increase. This is my opinion..
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:52:21 PM

to be honest sometimes I will exchange the bitcoin that I have to buy altcoins as much as I can because this altcoin price movement can provide a lot of profit every day.
malibogako2018

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:21:01 PM

Yes cause there are some altcoins that have potential and give you much profit than btc. actually I sell all my bitcoin for one altcoin and doing trade on it cause I believe that coin will be huge in December and I'm looking forward for that.
lulu28

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:08:39 PM

bitcoin is too popular now a days of crypto currency. and bitcoin popular all around the world. you have got bitcoin you just hold it for few days and wait for growth it. and altcoin not sure when it will be grow up but anytime pump bitcoin. altcoin is too risky. you can hold bitcoin one day it would be grow up.
I agree with you that Bitcoin is already establish and grows with time but don't forget that there are some altcoins that are growing faster than Bitcoin. Example is Tether and Verge. An investment in these coins would have yielded fortune by now. Personally I like diversifying.
KotBas

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:05:50 PM

I'm not in any way going to trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins. This is very risky. I'll just keep it until the price rises.
Asawakobana2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

I Ithinknot is possible to trade bitcoin for altcoin, There are so many ways to earn on crypto an dit is all depend on our own understanding on it. Bitcoin is amazing but if we wanted to earn a lot we also need to have more ways to become more profitable and we also need to make a good strategy on the feild.
MCJamison1987

Activity: 185

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:28:37 PM

I would.
You just need a small amount of BTC to buy an altcoin.
No harm in tryng to invest in different source. Of course will have to study the altcoin before investing in it
weeks65

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:24:27 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
I do not think the current time you should buy altcoin, you can see that the current price point of bitcoin is starting to decline and the price of altcoin is falling very strong, so I believe that at this point you Just keep a bitcoin or change it to USD to preserve capital and profit. Bitcoin prices have been running sideways during the past few days and may continue to fall sharply in the near future.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:20:03 PM

Yeah, why not? Surely it is very risky but the higher is the risk the higher will be really higher and that can actually work out.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
goshay97

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:47:42 AM

I have currently traded all my Bitcoin for altcoin.  I believe alts will pump much more than Bitcoin so I plan on riding them up to gain Satoshi value and then jump over to Bitcoin at the peak. 
CRYPTOGANGSTERs

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:28:29 AM

No, I would not do this, because in my opinion Bitcoin is the most stable cryptocurrency at the moment, which will grow.

██    FORESTING     ██
█ next-generation social media service █
based on blockchain technology
Azura.Nguyen

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:24:38 PM

It depend on what is happening in the market at a given point in time! Bitcoin is widely accepted to be the barometer for measuring how  well cryptocurrency market is doing! If there are bullish sentiment in the market, I will definitely hold my portion of bitcoin for trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: